InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven's a Lie ❯ Across the Ocean ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Those under thirteen probably shouldn’t read this… not sure how you’re parents feel about sexual content their for discretion is advised :-D


Prologue: Across the Ocean

Anubis_Himura

September 5th 2004


The water crashed against the steel violently, attempting to damage the ocean liner. The fierce storm clouds released their fury in a form of harsh hail and sharp bolts of lightening. The icebergs were thick and far spread; during better lighting easily avoidable, but in the storm they created another vicious device for Mother Nature to attack with.

On the bottom bunk of a small set of bunk beds, surrounded by three others, there laid a small girl sleeping peacefully. The raven haired beauty of only fifteen was dreaming placidly of the life that lay miles behind her.

~Flashback~

"Stop." the girl demanded to a laughing boy.

"No." he responded with a smile.

The silver haired boy, no older than seventeen, ran after the young girl. She screamed playfully running around carriages and various buildings, hiding from her laughing counter-part.

"Come on Kagome . . . I just want a hug." the boy stated in a sad tone, pouting to add to the effect.

"No. You're all covered in mud." she retorted.
"So?"

"I am not getting my Sunday dress all filthy for you Inuyasha." she was smiling now and he knew she was just being coy.

"You know you want to." he teased, closing in on her as she backed against the blacksmith building.

"No. Go away." her smile was bright and she made no real effort to push the boy away.

As the boy closed in on her and wrapped his arms around her waist he placed a soft kiss on her lips. Kagome leaned into the kiss, forgetting he was filthy with mud. Kagome placed her hands around the back of his neck, standing on her tip toes to reach him easier. As the couple pulled away for air she faked a disgruntled look.

"Now my church wear is filthy. I hope you are proud." he smiled dramatically at her before kissing her again.

"Yes, yes I am." he stated smugly.

"KAGOME HIGARASHI!" Kagome's smile turned into look of fright at the sound of her mother’s voice.

"I have to go Inuyasha." she said hurriedly, pushing him away from her. She looked down at her dress; she didn't have time to change. She mentally cursed herself for her weakness, for not being able to resist the Hanyou.

"I thought your mother knew." he questioned, hurt evident in his voice.

"I . . . I tried . . . I just couldn't Inuyasha. You don't understand . . . my mother . . . it's just that -"
"Just stop Kagome. I should have known you didn't love me enough to tell your mother." he looked away and began walking back to his house.
"I do love you Inuyasha. I do!" she put a hand on his shoulder, trying to get him to look at her.

"You just don't love me enough."

"Don't say that. I do love you."
"KAGOME!"

"Something bad will happen if I tell her. She will send me away . . . I can't let her force us apart by telling her."

"Whatever. I'll see you around Kags. I guess you got church to go to or something." with that he sped off using his demonic speed to be out of sight in seconds. Kagome sat on the ground, allowing herself to cry.

"Kagome? I have been looking all over for you." her mother looked at her before kneeling beside her, "Why are you crying? And more importantly, what did you do to your dress?"

"Mom, I . . . I love him. I really do, and if you want to disown me, or punish me, fine. But I love him." she never looked up from the ground.
"Love who? What are you talking about?" her mother looked around the area, searching for the answer.
"Inuyasha." Kagome whispered.
"That Hanyou?" Kagome couldn't answer, she just nodded. "Well I forbid it. Do you want me to ship you off to the Americas?"

"No." she looked up at her Mother, her eyes pleading, "Please don't send me away."
"Then I refuse to allow you to feel this way."
"I can't help how I feel Mama."

"Yes you can. Or it's off on the next ship you go. Your only fifteen years old child!"
"I LOVE HIM!" Kagome recoiled. She knew that such an outburst would cause her punishment. Just the thought of being without Inuyasha tore at her heart.

"THEN I'M SENDING YOU AWAY!!" her mother stood up and calmly brushed herself off, looking down at her daughter. She unfolded her fan and gently began to fan herself off, adjusting her sun hat. "Now, go change out of that disgusting dress and pack your belongings. You are shipped out on the first boat tomorrow."

"But Mama -"

"End of discussion." her mother walked off, her white dress shining brightly in the sun. She mumbled pleasantries with the passer-biers on the street as she made her way to the church building.

"Kagome . . ." Inuyasha jumped off the building and landed in front of Kagome as she made her way to her home. "I watched you stand up to your mother." he paused, looking at the ground. "This is all my fault." he took her hands in his. "I am so sorry."

"I am too. But only because I have to leave you." Kagome gently touched her hand to his cheek and slowly tried to walk around him.
"Come with me." he demanded, she followed him easily as he led her out of the village.

The scenery seemed to change immediately, from the hustle and bustle of the village to the calm and serene forest. Inuyasha led her into a deep thicket before coming to a small clearing. Kagome didn't pay attention to where she was being led; instead, she listened to the sound of footsteps crunching on the dead leaves. When she began paying attention again, she realized she was deep into the forest, and recognized where they were going; the fort.

There lay a small hut that looked as though it had seen more than a few storms. Inuyasha led her inside the hut and set her down on the floor. She looked at him calmly, her face stained with tears and her eyes puffy. She sniffled a couple of times, shivering - a mixture of the cold November air and from her crying. He tried to wipe away her tears, but they were already dry. He kissed her softly wanting nothing more than to comfort her.

"It's going to be okay." she reassured herself, and him. "Inuyasha, it's just America." she felt herself break down again and she cried onto his shoulder.

"Don't worry Kagome. I'll come with you." Kagome looked up with hopeful eyes, wiping away her tears. "I don't have any money right now . . . but I will. Someday." Kagome tried to smile and nodded. "I am not helping am I?" she shook her head and began to cry harder. "Don't cry angel. It's going to be okay." he gently rubbed her back, hoping to soothe her.

They sat that way, in silence, most of the afternoon. Inuyasha continued to periodically whisper words of comfort. Kagome had stopped crying, she had also stopped rocking back and forth; now, she rested contently in the arms of the man she loved. Slowly, Kagome realized that it was never going to be the same without him. In his arms is where she belonged, she always had. She pulled away slowly, looking into Inuyasha's eyes.

"Inuyasha?"

"Mm hmm?" he nodded concern evident on his face.
"Can we make our last night together . . . special?" she asked, a slight blush creeping up on her cheeks.

"How so sweetie?" he asked, not catching her meaning.

"Well . . . I love you . . . and you say you love me . . . I may never see you again, and . . . I want to give myself to you." Inuyasha seemed to grasp her meaning. "All of me."

Kagome placed her lips softly to Inuyasha's, he responded by begging for entry into her warm mouth. The kiss was short and beautiful as he slowly pulled away, "Are you sure Kagome?"

"Mm hmm." she nodded, smiling cutely up at him.

Kagome reached around in back of her and unbuttoned the neck of her dress. The suffocating fashion of the dress was released and she reached for the next button, slowly her dress came down around her, revealing her corset. She untied the unwanted piece of clothing and released her heaving chest.

She was scared . . . in the sight of God she was about to commit one of the ultimate sins. She was unwed and willingly giving herself to a boy. Not to mention her parents would be disgraced that she was committing such acts, and with a Hanyou. She didn't care about all that though. Right now, she was content to give herself to Inuyasha; because she knew that no one else would ever compare to him. Not here, nor in America.

**
The next day Kagome stood by the loading dock, waiting for them to allow the second class passengers on. She felt a tear escape her eye as she stood next to her mother (whom was busy talking to various people, making polite conversation). He didn't come to say good bye. I guess . . . he got what he wanted and now I am of no use. I should have known better.

"Kagome!" Kagome whipped her head around to see Inuyasha running up toward her. She smiled happily and placed her bag on the ground, running to meet him. "I am so sorry . . . I'm late." he panted as he lifted Kagome up from the ground and hugged her to him.

"Don't worry. You made it that is all that matters." And I am sorry I doubted you.

"Of course I made it. I love you so much. I promise, give me a few months and I'll be there."

"I love you Inuyasha." he placed her back on the ground and they walked hand-in-hand back to the waiting dock to stand by her mother. She looked over at the pair (who were now nuzzling affectionately against each other) with the utmost distaste.

"Now boarding second class passengers on the "Mystic Bay" to America from Gate three. Second class passengers on the "Mystic Bay" to America from Gate three. Thank you." the announcer stated as he walked through the crowd of people.

"I have to go now Inuyasha." Kagome stated.

"I'll come for you." he held her hand as long as he could, until he had to let go.

"I love you!" Kagome called back, standing on the boat and looking out to see him standing on the rail.

"I love you!" he repeated.

"Kagome, get off the edge of that rail, you'll catch your death."

"Dad . . .” she complained, being pulled away from her love, yet again. He blew her a kiss which she returned with a heartbreaking smile.

Kagome's father was going to America with her. Her mother didn't particularly care for her husband and thought it best if someone accompanied her daughter to the 'new world'. Kagome's father was to make sure Kagome had a husband and a place to be provided for before he returned to England. He agreed, but only because he loved his daughter very much, and if it were up to him, Inuyasha and Kagome would be married and have children of their own. They had been in love since they first met . . . anyone could see that.

**End flashback…**

Kagome sat in her bunk day and night. They were to arrive in the Americas in two weeks. Kagome rarely ate anything, and when she did it came back up. Now the girl lay, peacefully dreaming of her one and only . . . her Inuyasha.

**

Woo another new fic by me!! :-D I am just busting ‘em out! As you can see I started this fic like a year ago; and I’m just now getting around to posting it, just cause I didn’t know how long it would take my creative juices to get pumped!! But they’re working now! :-D So Peace out and leave me lovin’!!<3 Anubis