InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Prince ❯ a small interlude ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her Prince
 
Ch. 4
 
A small interlude
By alilangel
 
A/n I am so sorry for being so late! I have been so busy I was gone all spring break with no chance to write and then I had exams when I came back to school. It'll be Kagome's first day of work and lets just say that he is going to be messing with her. Thanks for all the reviews and hope u enjoy the chapter.
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or characters.
 
Kagome ran out of Inuyasha's office ecstatic. She couldn't believe that she had gotten the job. It just seemed too good to be true. Yelling a quick goodbye to Rin she ran down the hall towards the elevator, she couldn't wait to tell Sango.
 
Kagome reached her house in record speed and ran up the steps. Opening the door she yelled for Sango. “Sango get in here quick!”
 
Sango walked in from the kitchen already knowing what the racket was about. There was only one reason Kagome would act like this. She must have gotten the job. “Did you get the job?”
 
“YES! I can't believe he gave it to me! I mean he didn't even ask me any questions just said that I was highly recommended and that he would higher me on a temporary basis. I'm so excited!” Kagome exclaimed before running up and hugging her best friend. Sango braced herself for the impact but still managed to get the wind knocked out of her. Kagome was a lot stronger than she looked.
 
Sango disentangled herself from Kagome's grasp and gave her friend a smile as she grabbed her car keys. “Kagome I gotta go. I'm going to meet Kohaku for lunch and then take him to the movies. I won't be back till later tonight.” Kagome watched her leave and then went to fix lunch. She decided to spend the rest of the day watching tv and enjoying her last moments of peace.
 
*********
At about six that night the phone rang startling Kagome out of a light slumber. She dazedly scrambled around looking for the phone when she slipped on the blanket that had been covering her. Grumbling to herself she finally discovered the phone and picked it up.
 
“Hello?” there was some slight breathing on the other end then a male voice answered.
 
“Is Sango available?” Kagome listened to the voice in confusion. It sounded familiar but she couldn't place it. And also what guy would be calling Sango other than her brother? Sango had never really had any guy friends or hung around with them. They didn't like how tomboyish she was.
 
“No she's out. May I ask whose calling?”
 
“No that's alright I'll try again a different time.” Then he hung up. Kagome stared at the phone and then placed in back in its cradle. She decided to head to bed as tomorrow was her first day of work. She changed into her pj's, brushed her teeth and climbed into bed. She had dreams that night filled mysterious callers and angry bosses.
 
******
Kagome woke the next morning to her annoying alarm clock going off. She threw across the room making it stop. She wasn't a morning person. Sitting up she stretched lazily and got out of bed making her way to the bathroom to shower.
 
She came back out a half hour later drying her hair and went to her closet throwing the doors open. It was her first day of work and she wanted to make a good impression on Inuyasha. Quickly deciding a dark navy blue skirt that stopped shortly above her knees and a white blouse she moved to do her hair and allowed her thoughts to stray to her new boss. He seemed arrogant and rude but from what Rin said it was all a charade. She was actually looking forward to getting to know him, and she couldn't help but feel attracted to him. His piercing amber eyes, that silver hair she got goosebumps just thinking about him.
 
Finally done with her hair she checked herself once more in the mirror before heading out the door. Sango was still sleeping as she didn't get home till late last night so grabbed a piece of toast and headed down to her car and head to her first day of work.
 
A/n I am so sorry for being so late! I have been so busy I was gone all spring break with no chance to write and then I had exams when I came back to school. It'll be Kagome's first day of work and lets just say that he is going to be messing with her. Thanks for all the reviews and hope u enjoy the chapter.