InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Prince ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her Prince
 
Chapter 8
 
By ~alilangel
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or characters.
 
Inuyasha was packing up getting ready to leave with Kagome when he heard a door open. Curious as to who would be arriving this time of day he peaked out his office door and became angry when he saw a man smiling at HIS Kagome. He became even angrier when he heard Kagome say “Kouga.” Growling he threw open the door planning on dealing with this guy when he saw Kagome get up and throw her arms around him and embrace him in a tight hug.
 
Saying that Inuyasha was mad would be an understatement. He was FURIOUS! Why would one of his clients hugging Kagome? He was not at all happy. He walked quickly to the still embracing couple and growled. Kouga looked up at him and smirked before letting go of Kagome. He could tell that Inuyasha was jealous and he planned on making him even more so.
 
Grabbing her hands and kissing their backs, ignoring the increased volume in growling, he asked Kagome to dinner. If Inuyasha liked her it then it looked like that he would have to get back together with her. He was sure that his current girlfriend, Ayame would understand.
 
***********
Kagome was in shock. Why would Kouga ask her out again? They had broken up two years ago as it was getting too serious and she knew that she was going to be getting married. Though Kouga had not taken the breakup to well Kagome had been ecstatic. He had been getting on her last nerves with the `my woman' crapt and his jealous nature if she talked or even looked at another man that wasn't family. She just cared for him as a friend.
 
Though Inuyasha didn't seem to happy she decided to play with him. Maybe then he would notice her as more than a secretary and ask her out. She had long ago stopped denying her attraction to her boss. He could be so sweet and caring at times. Especially when one morning he came and gave her red and white roses saying that somebody had dropped them off at the wrong address, though she had known better. He had had a slight blush upon his cheeks when she had giggled and smiled sweetly at him as a thank you.
 
Deciding on a course of action she turned to answer Kouga. “Of course Kouga I would love to. When?”
 
Kouga gave her a charming smile. “How about tonight around 8?”
 
Before Kagome could answer an angry voice interrupted them. “She can't go out with you tonight. She has a date with me!” Inuyasha had practically screamed.
 
*************
Inuyasha was not happy with the fact that Kouga had asked Kagome to dinner. He needed to get her alone and tell her that she couldn't see him as she was HIS fiancé. So he came up with the only thing he could think of, taking her to dinner. So he interrupted saying that she was going to go with him to dinner tonight. The sooner she was told that she was his fiancé then the faster they could get married and he wouldn't have to worry about her going out with any other man.
 
*********
Kagome gave Inuyasha a surprised look. She sure hadn't expected that from him. She had just hoped to make him jealous. She smiled inwardly. She was glad that he had asked. She turned to Kouga smiling sweetly at him and told him that she couldn't go out with him tonight as she was going out with Inuyasha but that she would go out with him another night.
 
Kouga took it in stride and glanced at Inuyasha giving him a glare before saying goodbye to Kagome and left the office. All thoughts of business had left his mind. He was going to have to come up with some way for Kagome to choose him instead of Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha was so happy that Kagome had accepted going out with him. He gave Kouga a victorious grin as he left before turning to Kagome.
 
“Are you okay with going to dinner tonight with me?”
 
Kagome gave him one of her smiles and blushed slightly. “Of course. I would love nothing more than to go out with you. How about you pick me up at around 8? I need to change and get ready. Is that alright with you?”
 
Inuyasha just answered with his usual `feh' as he took her arm and led her out to her car.
 
“I'll see you tonight. Until then.” He shocked them both by leaning in and kissing her on the cheek. He pulled back slightly shocked and noticed the surprised look on her face and a blush rushing to her cheeks. He smirked. How he loved making her blush.
 
Before Kagome could answer Inuyasha had disappeared to his car and had taken off. She smiled. How she loved him. Wait?! Love?? She got in her car and continued to think of him. Yes she did love. She needed to talk to Sango. Starting her engine she rushed home, trying to keep the tears at bay. Only her husband was supposed to have her love.
 
**********
Sango walked out of the bathroom humming a tune. She was so happy. She had been found by Miroku and couldn't have been happier. Continuing to think on her love, as she hadn't stopped loving him when they had broken up, she got dressed for their night out. So caught up in her thoughts she almost hadn't heard the phone ring. Rushing to answer it before the answering machine came on she tripped on the cord and fell on her face onto the carpet. The she heard the familiar voices saying that they weren't home and then the beep. She grumbled at herself for falling but ceased all noise when it was Miroku.
 
“Hey baby. Thought you would like to know that the nit-whit finally asked our little flower out. Give me a call when you get home. Maybe we can go dancing or something. Gotta go buh bye.”
 
Sango sat on the floor in shock. He had finally asked her out. She knew that Inuyasha was Kagome's fiancé and couldn't be happier for her friend as she knew that Kagome loved him even though she didn't know yet. She yelped when she realized the time and that Kagome would have nothing to wear. She looked at the clock before running to her closet and started pulling out dresses for Kagome to try on to wear for her date that night.
 
An there is going to be more to the story. There isn't going to be just a happy ending. Our couple is only just beginning there problems. Hope you enjoy. Remember RR!!! Ja ne alilangel