InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Prince ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her Prince
 
Chapter Ten
 
By ~alilangel
 
Disclaimer: I do not own inuyasha or characters.
 
An: Inuyasha is more OOc than usual but keep in mind he wants to break the news to Kagome softly so she won't freak out to much or anything.
 
Inuyasha couldn't keep a grin off of his face. He just knew that Kagome was going to love the place that he had picked out for dinner and knew that he was going to be envy of every man there.
 
“Thanks for inviting me to dinner Inuyasha,” a melodic voice interrupted his thoughts. He answered with a “feh” and glanced at Kagome out of the corner of his eye and saw her looking at him with a slight blush on her face.
 
Kagome settled into the seat watching the sun setting into the ocean. She couldn't have been happier. She just didn't know what she was going to do when she was going to be forced to marry some stranger on her 21st birthday which was only four months away. She knew that she had gotten into some deep trouble agreeing to go out with Inuyasha, but she couldn't help who she loved. Hopefully her future husband would understand and wouldn't force her to do anything that she wasn't ready for. She had decided long ago that he could have her mind and body but he couldn't have her heart. She might come to care for him some amount but she didn't believe that she could love him. Inuyasha was the only one that would be able to occupy her heart.
 
So caught up in her thoughts that she didn't feel the car come to a stop or the engine being cut. Next thing Kagome felt was a hot breath on her ear and a husky “we're here.” She couldn't stop the shiver that went done her spine. She turned toward the voice and gasped at the emotions playing in Inuyasha's amber colored eyes.
 
Inuyasha gave her a small smile and stepped out of the car going around to open her door. He took her hand helping her out and threw the keys at the valet growling out a death sentence if he harmed his precious car. He led her inside and smirked when she gave a gasp at the restaurant. He knew that he had chosen well.
 
Kagome couldn't stop the gasp that escaped her lips. The place was just gorgeous! The restaurant was lit by thousands of candles giving off a comforting yet romantic setting. The ceiling had been painted a setting that looked to be a street in Italy. There was couples riding in gondola's and strolling on the sidewalks. Kagome couldn't have been happier at Inuyasha's choice.
 
Inuyasha told the maitre'd his name and they were instantly led to a small table for two at the very back of the restaurant where they would be secluded but allowed them to view the other occupants. He was not happy that Kagome got many stares from men but smirked when he could tell that she was not at all happy about the stares and smiles that he had received from the female occupants. She needn't have worried he only had eyes for her.
 
Kagome sat down at the table and gave a smile at the waiter that held her chair for her and picked up her menu. She instantly felt panic set in when she realized that the menu was in Italian. What if Inuyasha thought her dumb for not knowing Italian? She tried to stop her frantic thoughts so as not to cause a scene and was surprised at the hand that took her menu from her.
 
Inuyasha had watched Kagome's eyes widen when she noticed that the menu was in Italian. He quietly put his hand on top of it and took the menu from her and he didn't keep the smirk off of his face.
 
“Don't worry Kagome I'll order for you,” he turned to the waiter and told him to bring him some champagne also. He growled slightly when he noticed that the guys eyes lingered longer than necessary on Kagome. He was not pleased especially when Kagome gave him a bright smile and laughed softly.
 
He watched the boy escape quickly and nodded satisfactory. The boy knew that Kagome was too good for him. He would leave an okay tip; he was feeling generous as he usually didn't leave one at all.
 
He turned back to Kagome and his breath caught in his throat. The candlelight had hit her at the right angle and cast an almost ethereal glow around her. Her sapphire eyes were lit up with joy and she was giving him a dazzling smile. He thought that she had never looked more stunning.
 
Deciding to break the moment he asked her a question that had her sitting in stunned silence. “Kagome what is Kouga to you?”
 
Kagome was so happy. Inuyasha had never been kinder and if possible she felt herself falling more in love with him even more. But what he said next shocked her. Why would he care about Kouga? Then it dawned on her unless he had seen her hugging him! She instantly felt warm all over, maybe Inuyasha did care for her more than he let on!
 
“Kouga is an old boyfriend and friend. I just never really connected with him but I do love him as a friend.” She said with a smile on her face.
 
Inuyasha couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. Good she didn't care about the mangy wolf. This was certainly turning out to be his day. Shortly after their food came and they made small conversation. It was over way to quickly but Inuyasha was excited about the next step in the date. She was surely going to love it.
 
He stood up and helped Kagome up and they left the restaurant. Kagome settled into the car and she did something that surprised them both when Inuyasha settled into the driver seat. She leaned over and gave him a butterfly kiss on the cheek and then sat back with a dark blush settling over her cheeks quickly.
 
Inuyasha smirked happily. This was working out even better than he had planned. “If your going to give me a kiss maybe I'll have to take you out to dinner more often.” He said his eyes alight with happiness. Kagome laughed happily and gave him another smile.
 
She wasn't paying attention and was surprised when the car came to a sudden halt. It was too short of a drive to her apartment. She glanced up at her surroundings and gasped in surprise.
 
Inuyasha gave her another smirk and went around to help her out of the car once more. “Leave your shoes in the car,” he whispered softly in her ear.
 
She did as she was told and allowed herself to be led toward his surprise. When she saw it she gasped in surprise once more. He had brought them to the beach and there was a blanket sitting on the sand with a bottle of champagne chilling in ice and a bucket of chocolate covered strawberries.
 
Kagome felt tears gather in her eyes at his thoughtfulness. He was so sweet! Inuyasha started to panic when she started to cry. What did he do wrong? He thought woman were supposed to enjoy things like that!
 
“Eh Kagome it's okay if you don't like it we can go some where else!” he muttered quickly hoping to calm her down before the full blown tears fell.
 
“Silly I'm crying because your so sweet!” she said with a laugh. She heard him give a sigh of relief.
 
He led her over to the blanket and proceeded to pour her a glass of champagne and give her a strawberry. He watched her as she relaxed and looked out listening to the thundering waves. He smiled at his luck, his old man had actually done something right.
 
“Kagome I to tell you something. Please don't be too upset if your not happy with it but please hear me out.” He waited for her to agree before continuing on.
 
“When I first heard your name it sounded familiar so I called my fathers assistant and asked him some questions. I was quite surprised when I found out that you were in an arranged marriage and even more surprised when I found out that I'm your husband to be.”
 
A/n I'm going to be especially bad and leave it at another cliff hanger. *evil smirk* Ja ne! ~alilangel