InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ The New Guy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I am posting all fics from Fanfiction.net to mediaminer.  These fanfics are listed from oldest to newest.  This fanfic was posted to fanfiction.net   7/25 /03   and has 730 reviews on fanfiction.net.  Keep in mind, I have revised this fic, however, it's an OLD work.  
 
 
 
Hidden Affection
 
Chapter 1: The New Guy
 
Kagome grabbed her yellow bag off of her fluffy bed and ran out of the door to catch the bus with Souta.
 
"Bye mom! Bye ji-chan! “She yelled waving her hand behind her as she stepped up the bus stairs and entered the bus full of school students. She walked down the isle until she found an empty seat. She took her seat and glanced out of the window to see Mrs. Higurashi and ji-chan waving at her.
 
Kagome smiled to herself as the bus pulled away from the shrine and began to head off down the road. The bus went along and picked up a few more kids before going to the school.
 
Kagome got off of the bus and stepped onto the cement of the high school grounds. She found her group of friends and headed over to them. They started their usual conversations.
 
"Oh hey Kagome." One of her friends beamed.
 
"Hi Yukina." Kagome responded.
 
"It sure does feel good to be back. Don't get me wrong, I liked summer vacation, but I don't think I could stand looking at my three brother's faces for one more day." Another of Kagome's friends, who had her hair pulled back into a ponytail, told her.
 
"Hey, seeing friends is always good." Yukina added.
 
Kagome looked over her shoulder and saw her friend Sango.
 
"Hey Sango." Kagome called out at the shy looking schoolgirl who stood a distance from them.
 
The girl walked up to Kagome and her group of friends, who greeted her warmly.
 
"Hey guess what?" A short haired brunette ran up to the group.
 
"What?" Yukina responded, turning to the hyper girl. She obviously seemed suprised at something.
 
"We're getting a new student." She beamed.
 
"Really?" Kagome questioned.
 
"Yeah. I heard he was really cute too." She informed.
 
"Guess we'll have to see ourselves." Yukina responded. "He's bound to have classes with some of us."
 
As Yukina finished her sentence, the bell rang.
 
"Oh there's that bell again. One sound I certainly did miss." The girl with the ponytail replied.
 
"Well, see you guys at lunch!" The hyper teen beamed as she turned to go.
 
"Come on Sango, time to go to class." Kagome said as she departed from the group.
 
"Yeah." Sango's small voice said as she followed Kagome to class.
 
Kagome and Sango walked in the class and it was filled with chattering students. She and Sango took their seats and sat their books on their desks. Sango sat behind Kagome so Kagome stood up and talked to her while they were waiting for the teacher to come into the room. They engaged in conversation for about 2 minuets before the teacher came into the room.
 
The teacher walked into the room. There beside him stood a tall male, he had long black hair and brown eyes, the typical color for a normal Japanese school child. He was dressed in a school uniform of the normal male students.
 
"Class, settle down." The man's deep voice rang throughout the classroom. All of the students took their seats and all eyes were focused on he and the new student.
 
"Class, this is Inuyasha. He's new here. I hope that all of you will make him feel welcomed." He announced to the class, then he turned to Inuyasha and instructed him to sit in an empty seat next to Kagome.
 
Inuyasha walked down the isle and scooted past Kagome, whose eyes followed him as he took his seat beside her. Sango stared at the new guy, who was seated slightly infront and to the side of her.
 
"Psst.." The young man heard a tiny noise escape one of the mouths of the student.
 
"Hm?" He made a small noise as he turned to see where the source of the sound was coming from.
 
"I'm Kagome. It's nice to meet you." Kagome whispered.
 
"Hey."
 
"So where did you come from anyway?"
 
"Who wants ta know?"
 
"Hey!"
 
"Miss Hirguashi." The teacher's blunt, deep voice rang once more.
 
Kagome eeped as she sank down in her chair.
 
"Do you know the answer to the question, Miss Hirgurashi?" He asked.
 
"No.." Kagome eeped again, Inuyasha cracked a smile and tried not to laugh at her. He was only a new student and he didn't want to get into too much trouble his first day of attending school.
 
"You should pay attention, Miss Higurashi. The next time, you'll be serving detention." The teacher advised.
 
As time went on, Kagome had to pay attention to yet another boring lecture from the teacher. Inuyasha felt himself getting bored half way through the lecture, he felt himself falling asleep.
 
His eyes were heavy and he seemed almost dazed. He was hoping that the teacher wouldn't call on him; he'd have to have detention the first day. He doubted he would be though, since he was new and new students weren't usually questioned the first day. He nodded in and out of the pattern of sleep.
 
Just as the teacher was about to assign the first assignment since summer vacation the bell rang. Inuyasha's head shot up in surprise. Finally the boring class had been over.
 
Everyone got up to go outside to eat lunch.
 
TBC
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*