InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Powers ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's note: Sorry that this took so long. For those of you who saw my note, you know the reason. For those who didn't, well, long story. Anyway, I'm back again!

Disclaimer: Just in case someone notice that I haven't posted this in the last few chapters… I don't feel the need. I can't buy Inuyasha or Harry Potter overnight so just see the first chapter if you must…

Chapter 5

Explanations

"I'm so sorry, Kagome-chan, coming here without informing you first! But houshi-sama insisted so…" Sango quickly tried to explain as Kagome stared.

"Hey! When did I insist!?" Miroku cut in, trying to look innocent, but immediately shut up after Sango gave him a death glare.

"What they actually mean…" Shippou muttered as he popped out from behind Miroku. "…Is that they were curious as to why you two didn't come back after such a long time. So, they decided to come and 'check it out'."

"No! That's not it!"

Kagome sighed helplessly as she watched the three trying to sort things out. It had not been part of he plan to drag them all into this, yet she had more or less expected some thing like this to happen. She silently reprimanded herself for not trying to seal the well. Then again, if she was thinking of shaking off Inuyasha, then there was definitely something wrong with her brain. He'll find a way to follow her no matter what she does. He always has his ways.

She did not blame them for coming. After all, they did it all out of good will. In fact, in a way, she was glad that they were here, even though she doesn't want them to be. Besides Dumbledore, the number of friends or acquaintances she had in this school is practically zero. That doesn't mean she can't make new ones, but it's always good to have old friends around.

'But they don't know what they're doing. They don't know what they're up against, the horrors that awaits them. To them, this is probably just going to be some minor youkai problem that can be solved within days, even hours. Or at the most, just another Naraku. I wouldn't worry if it is, but it is not. I really don't want them to get hurt. I…don't want what happened before to repeat itself. I don't want any more people to die…'

Turning towards the still arguing trio, she stood slowly, expressionless. Now that they came, she couldn't send them back. Now that the past has past, she couldn't change it. She just has to make the best of everything, and hopefully, all will be well. Yes, that's all she can do right now. Hope.

"Be quiet, you'll wake Inuyasha up. Come with me. I'll prepare temporary bedrooms for all of you." She whispered, making a sign for them to keep quiet.

Sango immediately stopped trying to hit Miroku. (His hands had once again made its way to that spot) It's hard to say whether it's because she was anxious to sleep or because she wanted to get away from Miroku as soon as possible. Whichever it is, they all followed her without any further questions, though Miroku looked slightly disappointed when he found that he's going to sleep in a different room as Sango.

The next morning was a cheerful one. It seems as if everything from the day before have been long forgotten and the students were cherishing the one extra day of holiday they were having. The great hall was filled with them, bustling around, gulping down whatever was on the table and sharing much-exaggerated stories about how each of them managed to take down an extra large, troll-like monster.

To them, it was nothing more than a simple accident that could happen in any school. They thought that 'Dumbledore is here so nothing will happen to us. Voldemort is but a minor threat while we're in Hogwarts'.

Sango and Miroku, after a good night's sleep, had accepted the offer of hearing the whole explanation after breakfast and stopped asking questions. Instead, they decided to take a bold step and try out the food available. Inuyasha, on the other hand, firmly refused to eat anything but Ramen, giving the house elves down in the kitchen quite a hard time. (Since they had never tried making it before. Who heard of Ramen in London?)

"This food is delicious! How do they make it?" Shippou exclaimed happily as he gulped down another helping of scrambled egg and bacon. Sango, chewing on her buttered toast, eagerly listened on as Kagome explained the traditional, non-magic, process of bread making.

A scream was suddenly heard, followed by the thumping sound of a heavy thing coming into contact with someone's head.

"It's Miroku." Sango muttered without much of an expression and continued to eat her toast. Miroku soon showed up with a swollen eye and a bump on his head. Girl's complaints, or in some cases, excited giggles or squeals, can be heard wherever he passed by. ('He just grabbed her hand and asked her to bear his child! Pervert!' or 'Oh! He's so sweet and funny! I hope that he isn't taken! And stop complaining! I'm sure that it was just a joke!')

Kagome nearly choked when she heard all that and tried very hard not to laugh out loud. Hogwarts students'…crazy about Miroku? That's something new. And so is that horrified look on Snape's face. But after all, the 'lucky girl' was someone from Slytherin…

"Um…professor?"

Kagome turned to see Harry, Hermione and Ron standing there, looking quite anxious. No doubt waiting to go to Dumbledore's office as they were told to.

"Call me Kagome. After all, I'm the same age as you."

"Um, Kagome, when are we going to meet Professor Dumbledore?" Harry continued slowly, not very used to calling a teacher by her name, but then again, Kagome doesn't exactly behave like a teacher…

"You hurried through breakfast, didn't you?"

Ron mumbled something as he wiped away the jam on his mouth guiltily.

"You can go first. I'm waiting for them to finish. They followed Inuyasha here." She explained, glancing at Sango (with Kirara on her lap) and Miroku. Shippou had disappeared under the table to avoid the squealing girls.

"And by the way, have you guys seen Inuyasha anywhere?" she asked as she noticed his absence. "He was still with me just a moment ago…"

But the mystery was soon solved when a yell was heard among all that screaming and squealing. They turned to find that a mob had formed around who was definitely Inuyasha. The girls had obviously found him just as interesting and fell in love with his fuzzy ears, which was now being pull around by more than a dozen hands.

Kagome watched in amusement as the horrified hanyou tried to push off a few girls, only to have more coming towards him. It had never struck her that the students can become so excited when it comes to boys.

Unfortunately for her, or maybe fortunately for Inuyasha, he managed to see her. A moment later, he was hiding behind her, leaving a group of stunned students staring at the empty spot where he had been standing.

"Come on, Kagome! We're supposed to see that old man, weren't we?" he said as he dragged Kagome away, sounding a bit too eager to be true. The others desperately tried to follow as he practically ran out. By the time the girls found out what happened to the two 'handsome young men', they were already safely in Dumbledore's office.

"Damn it…I thought those crazy people are never going to let go of me…" Inuyasha muttered sulkily as he rubbed his sore ears. Miroku, on the other hand, had a dreamy look on his face as he counted all the girls he had came into contact with in one morning, which is about, um, a few dozen?

"Ah! You're here just in time. Please, everyone, have a seat." Dumbledore said as he beckoned to some chairs that had been arranged in the room.

It took a while for everybody to settle down, mainly because of the problem of sitting arrangements. Hermione, after the little display at breakfast, simply refuses to sit anywhere near Miroku. They continued to shift around until they finally managed to find a position where everybody is comfortable. Miroku, who had once again tried to touch Sango's bottom, was made to sit on his own little lone island at one corner. Though he didn't remain there for long since he, somehow, manage to sidle up slowly until he was right beside Sango.

Dumbledore looked deeply amused at this interesting scenario. Kagome just sighed helplessly.

"Before we get to the serious part, I believe that not everybody have been formally introduced yet." Dumbledore continued, giving a small nod to Harry.

"Um, I'm Harry Potter. This is Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. A pleasure to meet you." He muttered as Ron and Hermione smiled uncertainly, reaching out their hands.

Kagome nudged Inuyasha, signaling for him to shake their hands. He did, grudgingly and Miroku and Sango followed suit.

"This is Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku." Kagome introduced. Then, as if reading Hermione's mind, continued to explain. "They understand whatever you were saying because I cast a language spell on them."

Hermione nodded slowly.

"Alright, now. Kagome, are you ready? You may start when you are."

Kagome took a deep breath.

"Alright, from the basics. This current world we are living in consists of many different planes, or if you like, dimensions. So it's not just like the muggle-wizard relationship here, but many different people, believing and knowing different thing. For example, there are dimensions where magic is common among all folks, others where magic doesn't exist at all and where science and technology rules.

Sometimes, there are multiples planes existing inside one main plane.

Although there are many dimensions where magic exists, this 'magic' can differ from place to place. They rely on totally different theories and forces to work, thus having almost nothing in common with each other at all. In this whole world, there are no two planes with the same kind of 'magic', for that may upset the balance between all the planes.

Of course, other than magic, there are also other forces, things like psychic, exorcising powers, youkai powers and such. These are individual forces, not classified under magic as many would say. Unlike magic, they can co-exist in many different planes in the same form. Actually, they only have one form, while magic have many."

Kagome paused a while to take a breath, also to let her listeners digest what she had just said.

"So you're saying that all those, um, monsters and that demon from last night have something to do with all this planes and dimensions?" Hermione asked, raising her hand a bit. Harry suddenly felt as if he was in a classroom getting a lesson.

"I was getting there. Those monsters were from another dimensions, but the youkai was from this very place. They were sent here by someone with incredulous powers, much stronger than any that you have seen. Nobody else would have been able to break open the seal between the planes. I believe that the aura belongs to that person too."

Silence.

"Who was it? I mean, that person who broke the seal." Hermione asked again. Everybody just stared at her.

Dumbledore glanced at Kagome as she bit her lips.

"Tell them. You have to tell them, sooner or later, and seeing the situation, it's better sooner than later." He whispered calmly. "They need to know the whole story, not just the concept. And you're the only one who can tell them."

Kagome hesitated.

"As you said, what you had told them was only the very basic, not even a tip of the gigantic iceberg hidden under the water for such a long time. It's time for that iceberg to emerge. We are approaching it. Unless we can see it, the ones who suffer will be us." Dumbledore continued.

Kagome sighed.

"I'll try my best."

AN: End! Sorry if this is a bit short. I'm very busy lately (It's Chinese New Year) and I don't want to cut Kagome's story. That will be in the next chapter.

Next chapter will probably take a while. I'm getting more and more homework and assignments everyday. I'll try my best to hurry.

Also, fifth Harry Potter book will be out towards the middle of the year!

Last but not least…please review!