InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ High School Reality ❯ The Past ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue

On a beautiful spring day, the sakura blossoms falling, Higurashi Chie and Higurashi Yukinaga were on their way to meet with some friends to plan engagements.

~*~*~*~

"So Inutaisho, your first born son will marry my first born daughter?"

"That is correct."

The Hasegawa and Higurashi families both believed in arranged marriages so they sought to arrange marriages for their children.

"Asami, are you okay with the arrangements?"

"Yes Chie. Thank you for asking."

~*~*~*~

Higurashi Yukinaga had not known of the existence of another daughter until two years after the birth of his daughter, Kagome. This other daughter of his was the result of his affair with another woman two years previous to the birth of Kagome.

When Kagome was four years of age she had met her half sister, Kikyo. Kikyo at the time was six years of age and had been cold and seemingly emotionless to her younger half sister.

Kikyo being so cold and emotionless was only the result of her never meeting her father until now when she is six years of age. But this would be the last time she would see him again alive.

<He never cared for me. He did not even know I existed until two years ago. I shall curse the day he dies.> Kikyo was thinking of all the time she had spent without a father.

~*~*~*~

When Kikyo was about five years of age her mother went to get an engagement for her. Kikyo's mother was looking for a family with a good reputation and a lot of money.

She had finally found a fit family.

"Hasegawa Asami and Hasegawa Inutaisho would you accept my daughter in a proposal to her hand in marriage with your son?"

"Our eldest son has already been engaged but our younger son isn't." replied Inutaisho.

"Shall we arrange for your younger son and my daughter to be married?"

"Yes we may proceed with the arrangements."

~*~*~*~

Five years later when Kagome was eight years of age her father was in an unfortunate car accident. Kagome's father died at the hospital a few hours later.

At Higurashi Yukinaga's funeral Kikyo saw her father for the last time. Her mother only allowed her to stay for the viewing of the body and not the funeral of the burial.

At the funeral Kikyo seemed cold, mean, and emotionless to Kagome. Kikyo only showed disgust and hate for her father.

Kikyo also showed boredom and anger toward her half sister to keep her at distance. She almost acted like a wild animal trying to escape a cage.