InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ His Brother's Girl ❯ Waiting and Wondering... ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Waiting and wondering...

"Arigatou Inuyasha-sama! That poor little bunny was very tasty! Although Rin-chan feels a bit bad about eating something so kawaii….Rin-chan normally eats fish or vegetables. Once Rin-chan had fun eating watermelons! Sesshomaru-sama had found this lovely watermelon patch!" She flashed him a mischievous grin. "Know what? Rin-chan had the best fun spitting the seeds out at Jaken-sama! He was so mad but he never did or said anything!"

"Really… what did Sesshomaru say about you abusing his vassal?"

"Hunh? Rin-chan never abused anyone! People used to abuse Rin-chan…" she trailed off quietly, lost in a memory of a time before she came to live with Sesshomaru.

"Oh…that's terrible but ningen are like that..." he said softly as he too remembered suffering as a young whelp at the hands of ningen who feared him. "By the way what happened to those people….? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to…" the hanyou said uncertainly as he wasn't sure what to make of the fact that she had been abused in her short life.

"They were all killed by wolves….those wolves killed Rin-chan too! Then Sesshomaru-sama came and revived Rin-chan! And Rin-chan has been happy ever since! Sesshomaru-sama is the best! Rin-chan still can't understand why you don't like him…he is your brother! Rin-chan would be very happy to have a brother like Sesshomaru-sama to always look after her…" She laughed. "Then again Sesshomaru-sama does that, ne?"

"Hai! But let me tell you, you wouldn't want to have a brother like Sesshomaru. He used to torture the hell out of me when I was just a pup!"

"Rin-chan refuses to believe that Sesshomaru-sama ever tortured you... Are you sure you're not making this up?"

"Believe what you want kid...but I know what really happened..."

"Don't be sad Inuyasha-sama....Rin-chan is sure Sesshomaru-sama will be nice to you now for taking such good care of Rin-chan for him!" she said as she reached up and touched his cheek. They sat there in silence thinking about it, a minute before they both laughed.

"That would be something eh, Sesshomaru being in my debt...." the hanyou smiled at the thought.

"Hai...Rin-chan guesses so..." she looked at him uncertainly.

"Never mind...it was just a thought..."

Meanwhile somewhere a few miles away from where Rin was happily spending the time out of storm getting to know her benefactor's brother, a small green rather dejected looking figured scoured the area.

"Rin!!! Rin-chan!!! Where are you, damn it! This is no time to be hiding on Jaken-sama! Come on Rin-chan! Where the hell are you? This is so not funny!!! Rrrriiiiiinnnn!!!! If you don't show yourself now, I'm going to tell Sesshomaru-sama all about how you hid on me and made me run around in the rain looking for you!!!" the tiny toad Youkai sneezed. "Damnit! If I get sick from this...I'm going to see to it you pay for this you stupid brat! And don't think Sesshomaru-sama is going to stop me either! Now where the hell are you?! Rrrrriiiiinnnn!!!!"

He sloshed around a bit more in the rain, sneezing his brains out as he desperately avoided the bigger puddles. "I could be hanging out in some nice warm cave somewhere, making sure that brat stayed put, but noooooo I'm stuck out here in the rain looking for her! Shit she'd better turn up soon or else..." he paused in his mutterings to look around while he sneezed up a storm.

He walked around some more, calling her name over and over without success. He did this for the better part of an hour or so, with the strange result of him being not so far from where Rin was listening to Inuyasha recount the ways Sesshomaru used to make his young life miserable...

"So you're telling Rin-chan, that Sesshomaru-sama would refuse to play when you were little?! Rin-chan refuses to believe you! Sesshomaru-sama would never be so mean as to take you out and leave you in the middle of the woods when you fell asleep and make you find your own way home…"

"No! It's true. I swear it… Well if you don't believe that one...I have another one for you."

"Hai! Do you think you should add another stick to the fire?"

"Hunh?" Inuyasha looked at the fire before adding another stick. "Okay where was I?"

"You were going to tell Rin-chan another story about Sesshomaru-sama! And this time...could you maybe tell Rin-chan a true story?" she looked at him mischievously.

"Okay, okay! He gave me a bath once and while he was washing my hair he tried to drown me! You know…he would also refuse to share his food with me and there were plenty of times I went hungry because I wasn't strong enough to take it away from him…. You know he also left me to fend for myself when I was around five…that was the last time I saw him…until the day I cut off his arm..." the hanyou said.

"Why would you do that Inuyasha-sama? Rin-chan doesn't understand...."

"Never mind...I thought it was the right thing to do at the time." He sighed, then changing the subject he went on. "You don't think anyone is looking for you now, do you?"

"Jaken-sama probably is...but Rin-chan doesn't know where he is though...remember Rin-chan told you he was lost...." she sighed and looked thoughtful for a minute.

"Inuyasha-sama...do you think Sesshomaru-sama will be able to find Rin-chan; once he knows she's missing? What if he can't find Rin-chan; what will she do?" she sniffed back a few tears as she realized Jaken should have found her by now.

"Don't worry Rin...Sesshomaru will be able to find you! He always manages to find me..." the hanyou smiled at her as he added silently in his head, "Whenever I wished he wouldn't have."

"Hai...you are right Inuyasha-sama...Once Sesshomaru-sama finds Jaken-sama, it won't be long before he finds Rin-chan too!" she wiped away her tears. "Now tell Rin-chan another story! Please..."

"Hai…what would you like me to tell you?"

"Donno...just tell Rin-chan something... Please Inuyasha-sama!"

"Well…how about I tell you about the time I helped Sesshomaru defeat some Neko-Youkai that wanted to take over our Oyajii's lands…It seems our Oyajii had battled them before and they lost…and for some reason they felt they had to try again…."

"Was Sesshomaru-sama happy you helped him?"

"No…now that I think about it…he kept telling me to leave…"

Meanwhile as the little toad Youkai was searching for the lost girl-child with more effort put into it than he used to find the Inotaisho's tomb, a tall figure dressed in white was making his way towards him.

Jaken continued sloshing around in the mud desperately calling for Rin. He was by now at his wit's end and he didn't know what he longed for more; finding Rin or finding himself put out of his misery. He wondered who he'd find first; Rin or Sesshomaru-sama, as he looked under every bush and rock he came across. It was while he was having yet another sneezing fit as he tried to avoid stepping in a sea of mud puddles that he tripped and fell head first into a rather deep one. Lying there he hoped against hope that when he picked himself up, he would look up and see Rin's smiling face. However the smiling face he saw wasn't Rin's...

"So why does my brother let you follow him around?"

"Rin-chan really doesn't know...she thinks it's cuz Sesshomaru-sama likes having Rin-chan around! Why?"

"Donno...was just wondering...it's just that as far as I know Sesshomaru hates Ningen...as well as children." Inuyasha poked at the dying fire. "Since you're kinda both...I don't know...I was just wondering why he would even bother with you that's all..." the hanyou frowned as he tried to make sense out of what he knew about his brother compared to what she told him. "Anyway it's not important..." he said softly.

"Are you sad that Sesshomaru-sama likes Rin-chan more than you, Inuyasha-sama?"

"Nah...it's okay...So what are you going to do when it stops raining?"

"Rin-chan doesn't know...do you think she should go look for Jaken-sama?"

"Donno...if it was me...I say the hell with finding him." he smiled. "But then you're not me...and I'm sure Sesshomaru would miss you..."

She smiled at that. "Think so?!"

"Hai...Well you are his girl aren't you?"

She sat there in the firelight thinking about what the hanyou just told her...

"Sesshomaru-sama!"

"Hai Jaken." the Inuyoukai was still smiling much to the toad Youkai's discomfiture. "Where's Rin...?"

"You're smiling....So that means whatever you went for worked out alright, ne?" Jaken muttered.

"You didn't answer me...Jaken. Perhaps you didn't hear me as you were too busy talking to yourself, ne? I asked you where Rin is?" Sesshomaru looked at his vassal. "She's fine and you were out getting her something to eat, ne?" Sesshomaru still smiled, but Jaken noticed there was now a nasty glint to it.

"Oh Shit! I'm dead now....for good too! You finally did it, Jaken! You finally found the one thing that would piss off Sesshomaru-sama big time!" he thought. "Hai! I was just out trying to get her something nice and tasty to eat! I thought I saw a nice tasty rabbit hiding under those bushes...so if you don't mind...I'll just go and catch it!" he said as he inched his way away from the tall Youkai lord.

"Jaken...before you go where's Rin? I'll go wait with her for your return..." He smiled again as he was sure he would be waiting somewhere nice, warm and dry.

"Oh shit! What do I tell him? Think Jaken, think!" the toad youkai thought as he tried not to panic as he had no idea where the brat was...