InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hold Onto Me ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SP:Hello everyone.This is Sango Pup with a little song fic.I was listening to my radio when this song popped up.It reminds me of Kagome and Inuyasha so.....what else was I to do but write a song fic for it?Hope ya like for this is my first song fic EVER.Enjoy.

disclaimer:I do not own Inuyasha or John Micheal Montgomery's song.So DON'T SUE ME!!!!!!Arigatou.

Hold Onto Me

Kagome plopped down onto her soft,pink bed.She had returned to her era once again over a fight with the hanyou she loved so very much.The young miko wiped away her tears that Inuyasha made her so easily spill.He had hurt her...again.Kagome sat up and reached to turn her radio on.Some relieving music could do her some good right now.

'Why does Inuyasha hate me so much?Why does he yell at me all the time?'Kagome asked herself,unaware of the freash tears rolling down her pale cheeks.'Why can't he see that he has no reason to get angry?'Kagome quickly hushed as the lyrics of one of her most loved songs filled the sad room.

Wanna wake up each mornin'

With you for the rest of my life

Wanna feel your heart beating

And just get lost in your eyes

'Wow.That sounds like what I dream about.I wish to be with Inuyasha for the rest of my life.I want to get lost in his beautiful,golden eyes.If only he felt the same.'Kagome sighed deeply,her sadness and heartache showing clearly.

You can tell me your secrets

You can let me feel your pain

You can show me your weakness

And never be ashamed

'That's what I wish I could tell Inuyasha.We could be so much closer if he just opened up.Or if I had the courage to tell him my feelings.'Kagome laid back.Thoughts of what could happen between her and Inuyasha if she told him she loved him ran through her mind as the song continued.

Hold onto me when your world's turning cold

And it feels like your life's spinning out of control

You're hoping...praying...trying so hard to believe

'I wish Inuyasha would hold onto me when his life goes wrong.I would gladly let him.'Kagome gave a sad smile,her tears finally drying.

Meanwhile,outside stood Inuyasha.Right outside Kagome's window.After he had watched the girl that secretly owned his heart run to the well,the hanyou caught onto his mistake and followed Kagome,hoping to correct it.He had jumped into the well and followed Kagome's smell to her room.That's when he heard the song.The lyrics Kagome was currently listening to danced apon his sensitive ears.As if the scent of Kagome's sadness wasn't enough to make his heart drop,the lyrics of the song made it sink more.It was how he felt.There,playing on a simple machine from the future,was the words Inuyasha wished to tell Kagome,but in a different way.The words that would ease his heart and hopefully make his relationship with Kagome more than just a friendship.

Hold onto me when there's no middle ground

And every motion is coming unwound

And you don't know if you can hold onto your dreams

Baby,you can hold onto me

Oh yeah

'I wonder if Inuyasha would understand if I told him this.I wonder if he would see that I care about him so much more than I let onto.'

"Oh Inuyasha,I love you so much.Why can't you just see that?"Kagome asked aloud,wishing the hanyou was there to hear her spilling out her emotions.She never had a clue that her love DID hear her.

Inuyasha froze,unable to move.He could not believe the words that had just flown through his ears from the one miko he loved the most.Were they true?Did Kagome just speak the words he so desperately wanted to say?The words that he never expected her to say?

'Only one way to find out.'Inuyasha looked into the room and over Kagome's small form.He quietly entered the room and walked to the bed.The song's lyrics playing once more.This time,Inuyasha joined in.

Wanna lay down each evening

With you right here by my side

Wanna get drunk on your laughter

And wipe all the tears when you cry

Kagome started to sing too,not seeing or hearing Inuyasha.

You can scare me with your darkness

You can blind me with your light

Throw your worries out the window baby

On your wildest nights

Kagome opened her eyes,looking to see where the new muscular voice had come from.She gasped when she saw two golden eyes starring into her misty blue ones.Inuyasha sat on the other end of her bed,smiling as he sung the song.Kagome continued with him.

Hold onto me when your world's turning cold

And it feels like your life's spinning out of control

You're hoping...praying...trying so hard to believe

Hold onto me when there's no middle ground

And every motion is coming unwound

And you don't know if you can hold onto your dreams

Baby,you can hold onto me

Inuyasha starred into Kagome's eyes as they both sang,wishing he could hold her in his arms and never let go.Kagome did the same.

Hold onto me when there's no middle ground

And every motion is coming unwound

And you don't know if you can hold onto your dreams

Baby,you can hold on

I said Baby,you can hold on

I said Baby,you can hold on

To me

The two teens finished the last note of the song.The music stopped and the song ended.Kagome turned the radio off and looked at the hanyou.

"Inuyasha-"

"Shh.I know what you want to ask.Why am I here?Let me put it like this Kagome.....I love you and I don't want to make you cry ever again.Like the song said,I want and wish for you to hold onto me.Do you understand?''Inuyasha asked.He hopefully watched Kagome for her answer.

She sat there,shocked at the hanyou's sudden burst of emotions.It wasn't like him.He had said he loved her.He had told her those simple words she only dreamed of him saying.He showed emtions Kagome never knew the hanyou held in his heart.One thing still held her back from throwing herself into Inuyasha's arms.

"What about Kikyo?"

Inuyasha's eyes filled with hurt but soon changed to determination.

"She is long gone.Only a replica of the miko I knew walks the earth.The real Kikyo died long ago."Inuyasha looked down."It's taken me this long to understand that.The only person I love Kagome,is you.Not Kikyo but you."His gaze returned to Kagome's.

Kagome felt her heart free itself of all her worries.Her eyes filled with tears and she smiled.

"Oh Inuyasha.Do you know how long I've waited for you to say that?"

"About as long as I've been waiting to tell you?"Inuyasha smiled as Kagome fell into his arms.She dug her face into his shoulder and hugged him tightly.

"I love you Inuyasha."

"I love you too Kagome.And I hope you'll hold onto me forever."Inuyasha whispered as he placed his head onto of Kagome's.

"I will."She responded."I will."

End

SP:*hugging RinD and crying*Wow.That was good.At least to me it was.I have myself crying over here.I'm not suppose to be crying!

RinD:*trying to free herself from the inu hanyou's grip*You can cry if ya want to.I would be but your hugging too hard.

SP:*blushes and releases RinD*Sorry.*looks at readers*Please review and tell me how you liked it.I'm thinking that if I get enough reviews saying that this song fic was good,I might do another.