InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Human no more ❯ Kidnapped ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: All characters portrayed in this fanfic are property of their respective owners.



Kidnapped: Chapter 1




Kagome shook her head and looked around. Wherever she was, it wasn't home, the modern or the feudal era. A groan came from the opposite side of the room. Sango sat up and rubbed her neck. They looked at eachother. "Kagome-chan, do you know where we are?" Kagome shook her head. "No. Do you remember what happened?" Sango paused in thought. "We were fighting one of Naraku's incarnets. It did something, then I remember getting hit. That's all. Do you think Naraku is holding us prisoner?"

Kagome looked around the white room. It couldn't be Naraku, it was far to advanced. It was closer to the modern day yet not quite, but where did that leave them, some time between her time and Sango's, maybe. The small paper gowns they both wore looked like hospital material to her. "Sango, I don't think we're in the feudal era anymore." Kagome said, pulling at the gown she wore. "Are we in your time, Kagome-chan?"

"No, I don't think we are. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I don't really see a way out of here." Kagome stood and walked around the room, running her hand over the solid walls. Sango stood up to join her, starting on the opposite side. The walls were perfect, smooth, and seamless. "Why do you think we're here?" Sango asked Kagome. It wasn't like her, Kagome knew, to ask such a question. Sango was more of an action person. This situation was throwing her off balance, but for some reason, Kagome didn't feel the least bit panicked. There was a calmness in her that wasn't there before. A voice sounded, small and feminine, yet holding athority. "How do you feel?"

They both looked around the room. Sango for a demon, Kagome for a speaker of some kind. "I asked a question." The voice came again, but then quieter. "Do you think that their hearing has been damaged, doctor?" There was an inaudible mutter then the line clicked off. "Was that a demon?" Sango looked to Kagome. "No, that was technology, like some of the things from my time." Sango nodded.


~*~*~*~*~

A slimly built blond woman pushed her glassed back up from where they slipped down to the end of her nose. She looked over at a man who was few years older than herself. He had thick dark brown hair that was a little shaggy from to many late nights. "Well, doctor, what do you think?" The woman leaned on the desk that held two monitors and a microphone. He rubbed the bridge of his nose. "They remained remarkably human, especially when we used complete animals for the process. That had never happend with previous subjects. What did their genes look like in comparison?"

The woman pulled a folder off the desk and opened it. "The older one had nothing unusual, just a much simpler base set. Cleaner, I guess you could put it, but the younger one, there was some thing. Here." She handed him a paper. He looked it over. "How strange, what do you make of that?" He passed the sheet back over for her to clip into the binder again. "It's like nothing I've ever seen. Remarkable how similar they are after the process."

"Do you plan to release them into the area today?" She asked, readjusting her glassed again. "No, tomorrow. Tell me of anything abnormal, Samantha." He started toward the door. "Of course, doctor." Samantha sat in the swivel chair in front of the desk. Another woman walked in and took the doctor's seat. "Are they the new subjects?" Samantha nodded and flipped through the binder again. "They used cats for these ones right?" She leaned back in the chair. "A tiger on the younger one; a wolf on the older."

"A tiger and a wolf, where the heck did you find those?" Samantha looked up from the binder. "Don't you have work to do Genie?" Genie smiled, stood, and stretched. "You know Samantha you're not as much fun as you used to be since you got this promotion, but I guess you’re right. I should get back to work." Samantha watched her go with a shake of her head. Genie may have been three years older than she was but she was far more naive. Being fun didn't stay with you long when you were in a line of work that required capturing and experimenting on humans. Samantha slid down in her chair and sighed. Some days just weren't worth it.

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome watched as Sango nervously paced the room. Whatever was wrong with her, it was getting rediculous. Sango wasn't a nervous person. In fact their roles should be reversed. Kagome knew that she wasn't strong, especially in situations of kidnapping, but right now she was just content to sit here and wait. Her, mildly accepting her capture, unheard of! The last time she had been taken, she ranted and raved for hours, at least untill her captor knocked her out. "Sango, stop pacing."

Sango looked up, broken from her train of thought. "What did you say?" Kagome sighed. "Stop pacing. Unless you're planning to wear a hole in the floor it isn't getting us anywhere." There that was proof enough, she was not calm, cool, and collected. Something here was very wrong. Not bad, yet, but very wrong. "I can't seem to calm down, Kagome. I have a very bad feeling. Some thing is going to happen."

Kagome looked around. "Well it isn't happenning now, so what do you say to getting some sleep?" She smiled. "What's with you? You shouldn't be so..so...unattatched with the situation! We're in danger!" Kagome shrugged. "I don't know what's with us, but I do know that I haven't felt this relaxed since I fell in the well. What ever will be, will be, Sango. Don't poke at it." Sango put her hands on her hips. "Don't poke at it. Don't poke at it! What the hell does that even mean Kagome? There isn't anything here to poke at. Here we are separated from InuYasha and Miroku and you're acting like they just went for a walk. Hello! We've been kidnapped, we should be trying to escape!"

Kagome layed back in the bed. "Well if you have a plan then let's go, but I don't hear anything of the sort falling from your lips so just let it go. I'm going to sleep." She curled on to her side and slid off into the world of dreams. Sango hung her head. "Yeah, you're right." She took a deep calming breath and layed down on the uncomfortable matress. She tossed and turned for a few minutes before standing and looking at the bed. The so called "matress" was resting on a thick concrete slab that jutted from the wall with a thin blanket and pillow on top of that.

Sango ripped the blanket and pillow off of the bed and slid under the slab of cool rock. She curled up, gave a sigh, a let herself fall asleep.

~*~*~*~*~

Samantha made a note on the clip board she now had in her hand. The wolf-woman was the first out of all their sumbjects to sleep under the bed, and that along with the fact that they both had taken the capture relatively well had her scribbling down a few notes. Both were sleeping now, which was a very good sign. Tomorrow they would be let out into the area for exercise. The area actually was a fifty square mile section of land that was hiding under the ruse of a wildlife preserve and nature alchemy site.

The nature alchemist would be working late tonight, changing the terrain to something more suitable for these newest guests. She jotted down a quick note and stood. She had to make sure that the fool of an alchemist went off of the right sheets. The last time he was left to his own devices the beautiful forest became a barren dessert.