InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I believe ❯ Tired ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: Characters are property of Rumiko Takahashi not me.


Tired





They' d had another fight with Naraku. A battle in which he fled, naturally. But even though he was the enemy, Kagome couldn't help but let her thoughts drift to him. He was scheming evil hanyou but for every thing wrong he did, he did it with the best of qualities. His traps required cunning and strategy. The ability to creat incarnations, barriers, and the like were proff of great power. If only he wasn't power hungry for the jewel, or had evil ambitions, he had the potential to be a great leader. Kagome shook her head. She needed to get back to InuYasha and the others. When Naraku had excaped with a large blast of miasma everyone had been pushed in their separate directions.

She rounded a tree and came face to face with the enemy. He leaned against a tree, head back, and teeth clenched in pain. From shoulder to hip thier was little flesh holding his body together. "Miko, why do you hesitate to kill me?" He ground out. "Why didn't you flee?" He had always disappeared in the past, leaving them with no trace to follow. He stared at the young woman. "Something is wrong." He stated as if it explained everything. She watched in morbid fascination as another wave of pain over came him. Aproaching cautiously she set her bag down next to him and took out bandages.

"You and she are so very much alike." Kagome turned to look at him. She knew he was talking about Kikyo. "Why is it that you and she feel this need to help me. First it was Kikyo and the bandit. Now it is you helping the one who would kill you without thought." Kagome still held the bandages. "That will not help me." He looked pointedly at the small roll in her hands. The quietness surrounded them and even the call of her comrades could not be heard. "Aren't you tired?" She looked up at the fallen hanyou.

He regarded her for a moment. "Tired of what?" "This fighting. Hunting for the jewel. All of this. Everything." She clenched the bandages tighter. "I believe that everyone is at some point." She looked back up to his crimson eyes. They were supposed to kill eachother. Kagome, for all of her friends' sake. Naraku for the jewel. Yet, they both felt the same way. Tired of everything. "Let me bandage you, even if it does not help." He stared at her and removed his shirt. She gently wrapped the wounds. Naraku watched with a quiet intensity. After done she stood.

"I can only wonder what you would be like on the side of good." She turned and walked away, once again looking for her lost friends. He watched her go, proping his arm on his now raised knee. "If I was on the side of good, miko, then who would be evil?" He stood slowly and disappeared in the opposite direction. He needed a new plan and rather then sitting around he was off to scheme some more.




Yeah....I have no idea what this was about...I'm not sure if I want to make this into a full blown story or leave it as a one-shot but whatever...