InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ hate=love ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm glad you liked the story, I thought many people would hate it but it turned out to be a good one… anyway, the updates might be a little slow since I have like 4 stories to update and it's gonna be hard for me to write for all of them, so review please!!! =)
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“Apricots or peaches?” Sesshomaru asked his brother and he sighed annoyed.
 
“Aren't they the same damn thing?” Inuyasha asked and Sesshomaru smiled.
 
“You're the chef, you tell me” he replied.
 
“Damn Sesshomaru, take some money from the register and buy yourself a very own opinion” Sesshomaru sighed.
 
“No Inuyasha, now pick one of them for tomorrow's dessert” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Can't you pick one? You are the owner”
 
“And you are the chef, you should know what suits better” Inuyasha sighed.
 
“You know what Sess? You should get yourself a girlfriend… that way you will stop bugging me and find someone else to bother not to mention that you will spend less time at my house”
 
“We're related Inuyasha and no girlfriend will make a difference… now pick” he sighed.
 
“Peaches are fine” he said and walked away to the kitchen, their restaurant always closed at midnight and always opened at midday.
 
Inuyasha walked inside the kitchen, everyone was gone and he liked to spend some more time in the kitchen trying some new recipes and mixing foods trying to find new exotic flavors. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha lived in the same building, although they didn't share the same apartment they spent most of their time together whether it was at work or at home. Right now Inuyasha wanted to cook but the only thing he could do was think about the new girl. `I know that whenever girls hear compliments they shut up and forget everything but… I was serious, I mean… she does have beautiful eyes' he thought and let a goofy smile slip his lips but them he shook his head and concentrated as he cut some onion, after years of cutting them he didn't cry anymore whenever he was around them.
 
“It's very late… you should go home” he heard his brother say from the kitchen's door.
 
“Why do we have this conversation every night?” he asked and he stopped cutting.
 
“Because you always end up coming late to work because you over sleep” he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“So what? It's not like I'm your only chef… many people can cover for me” Sesshomaru shook his head.
 
“You know I don't like that” he rolled his eyes.
 
“But you love it when my new plates sell” Sesshomaru chuckled.
 
“That's true… for once, go home early” Inuyasha sighed annoyed.
 
“Will that stop you from making this every night?” his older brother only nodded. “Fine… let's go home”
 
“You know what Inuyasha?” he looked at Sesshomaru who was smiling. “You should get a girlfriend too; you need to think about something else that isn't cooking… or maybe start cooking for a girl”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was tired, after what he told her he had given her a real task and she was happy about it although she couldn't help to wonder what he had meant with those words. `So… there are two options, he might have meant I have nice eyes like whoever who watches pretty eyes but it's not like this eye color is abnormal… Sango has the same eye color and well… Oh! Just admit it! He was flirting with you and you know it!' a part of her mind yelled and she blushed. How could it be that a man so annoying like him can make her blush that way? `I must be very tired… or maybe crazy! How can Inuyasha look to me attractive?!' she yelled to herself and shook her head. She went to wash her face to the bathroom and change to her pajamas, before she could close her eyes and go to sleep, her phone rang.
 
“Hello?” she answered and heard someone chuckle.
 
“Don't you ever check the number? Please Kagome… I would like to be greeted with love for a change” she heard her boyfriend say and she smiled.
 
“Hello darling, how are you? Are you coming back soon? I miss you” she said as she climbed out of bed and went to the kitchen.
 
“Hi, I'm fine… no, I miss you too” Kagome laughed a little as she pulled out an orange juice box.
 
“So how's Japan? Are you enjoying it?” she heard him sigh.
 
“Japan is great but… I would enjoy it more if you were with me, you won't believe how lonely I feel” she smiled.
 
“I want you with me too honey, this apartment feels empty without you” Kagome drank her juice. “So do you know when you're coming back?”
 
“No… I still have a lot to do here, maybe another week” she sighed annoyed, it's been two months since she saw her boyfriend because he was out of the country doing business.
 
“Are we ever going to plan our wedding? I mean… I saw a very cute Vera Wang dress and I wanted your opinion” she said and he chuckled.
 
“I thought it was of bad luck to see the bride in the dress before the wedding” he laughed softly and she was sad.
 
“I'm serious…” she said and went back to her room.
 
“Let's change the subject, did I wake you up?” he asked and she sighed annoyed.
 
Every time she mentioned something about the wedding he would change the subject, not because he didn't want to marry her but because it was boring to him. Kagome didn't really have many friends, the only friend she had was a girl who was also her fiancé's cousin. Kagome used to live at Japan but when she was 17 she moved and lost most of her friends. She kept in touch with them by emails or phone calls. She had met her boyfriend when she was looking for a gift for her mom, he was looking for something for his ex girlfriend and when they had grabbed the same object, they thought it was love at first sight. After 5 years he proposed to her by placing her ring on a glass of champagne and once she found it, she cried for a long time before she actually said yes. Kagome came back from her dream land as she shook her head.
 
“No, I just came back from work” she said and he gasped.
 
“They don't make you work extra hours, do they?” he asked and she laughed softly.
 
“No silly, it just happens that the restaurant closes at midnight and I get at home by 1… don't worry about me, what time is there? 7?”
 
“Actually it's 8… I'm just having breakfast” Kagome yawned as she felt her eyelids heavy.
 
“Great… when you come here I'll prepare breakfast for you” he sighed dreamily.
 
“Thanks babe, well… I better let you sleep, bye Kagome… dream about me” he hung up and she yawned before positioning her body in bed.
 
“I always do” she mumbled before falling asleep.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“You're late” Inuyasha said as Kagome entered the kitchen, she sighed.
 
“Yeah… sorry about that, my boyfriend forgot to call me and my alarm clock…”
 
“As interesting as that sounds I'm gonna have to pass because I don't care about your personal so if you can only cut your apology to `sorry it will never happen again' I will just walk away and turn my back to you and keep on working… so…” he waited for her to talk and she rolled her eyes.
 
“Sorry it will never happen again” she said and he smiled arrogantly, Kagome had been there just one day but she already hated that smile.
 
“Great! Now let's move on… the orders must show up soon and people are just arriving, same positions as yesterday people… Melons, get on a start boiling something… AMP you have to cut meat again… Perverted asshole you get to do AMP's part today since she's busy so you start preparing the apricot pie”
 
“I thought Sesshomaru got us peaches” he argued and Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“If you can tell me one difference between the two fruits then you can call me an idiot…” Miroku started thinking but before he could open his mouth Inuyasha smiled. “There isn't one? Alright… let's move on… Dense boy, you get to help me today so get your ass to the freezer and bring out salmon, shrimps and oysters” Hojo nodded as he moved to the freezer, Kagome tied her hair up and got her apron.
 
“So are you ready to give me a real job or am I going to cut the vegetables again?” Inuyasha walked over to the counter and grabbed the paper of today's order for a table.
 
“You're lucky today, you'll get to help me” she smiled and he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her over to an empty table where there was only a wooden board, a knife and a blender.
 
“Really? I'm happy because I…” he held up his hand.
 
“Hush… listen, today you'll get to make a milkshake of strawberry and banana and tropical juice with orange, melon, pineapple, blueberry and apple… is there any problem with that?” Kagome was about to protest but he smiled. “Awesome, you start and once is done you get them over at the counter and wait till the waitress gets here and takes it to the table”
 
Kagome let out an annoyed sigh; the words he had pronounced yesterday had been bouncing on her head every time she turned to see him. She was afraid she blushed and then making a fool of herself because somehow she knew he would mock her. Kagome sighed again but this one was a bit sad, she thought about her boyfriend. `How come he is not here when I need him? I know he is very busy with his work but I just wish he was already here… I never liked to be alone' she sighed again as she cut the fruits and placed them on the blender, with the corner of her eye she saw Yura approaching to her.
 
“Hey… what's up?” Kagome asked as she turned on the blender.
 
“Nothing, I was just checking your work” Yura replied and Kagome poured the juice on a glass.
 
“Why? I thought you had more things to do” she smiled.
 
“Yeah, but I was just watching you being Inuyasha's favorite” Kagome looked at her confused.
 
“Excuse me?”
 
“Everyone in here had to wait a week till Inuyasha let us do something really useful, like we had to wash the dishes and then he would finally trust us and let us cut fruits or whatever and after a month we would get near the pots but… you seem to be his eye candy” Kagome blushed.
 
“I'm sorry, but I'm getting married and I think he is just being nice after what I told him yesterday” Yura scoffed and rolled her eyes.
 
“Yeah sure, Inuyasha has no feelings and a stupid thing like your words wouldn't be enough to make that man change” Yura smiled and walked away from her before Kagome could argue again.
 
`That's ridiculous… I bet he always flirts with all the new girls here, I mean for Christ sakes! He calls her melons! What a way to appreciate her boobs!' Kagome yelled inside her mind and sighed; she was done with the milkshake and the juice and was now heading to the counter to let the waitress take it to the table. `So what if maybe, just maybe he finds me attractive… it's not like he's crazy about me and looks at me and then he comes over here and asks me out and then…'
 
“You're busy tonight?” Inuyasha asked her and she gasped.
 
“I'm sorry, I didn't hear you… what?” he rolled his eyes.
 
“I asked if you were busy tonight” Kagome looked at him confused but she just shook her head. “Great, then after we close don't leave”
 
“I'm sorry… are we going out as in a date?” he arched his brow and chuckled.
 
“No idiot, I'm finally going to see if you really know how to cook or… I'll fire you” Inuyasha tapped her head before he walked away and she scoffed.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
It was 12:30 and Kagome was nervous, everyone was finally gone and she was just waiting for Inuyasha to come. Inuyasha was changing his clothes and Kagome was about to throw up; never in her entire life has she been so nervous. Kagome finally saw Inuyasha come out from a small room at the corner of the kitchen, he was wearing a T-shirt similar to the one he had worn the first time she saw him and ripped black jeans along with checkers style vans. She was drooling at his great musculature and when she saw him arching his brow at her, she stopped.
 
“Alright, let's begin… show me what you can do” Inuyasha sat on top of the cooking table and stared at her.
 
“Well… aren't you supposed to tell me what to do?” she asked and he shook his head.
 
“No, I want you to cook whatever you feel like… and then I'll try it and if it tastes like crap… you're fired” he smiled arrogantly and she rolled her eyes.
 
Kagome pulled out meat, milk cream, pasta, mozzarella cheese, tomato, onion, parmesan cheese, oregano and preheated the oven at 180 degrees. She placed the meat on a pan and fried it while she was boiling the tomato, Inuyasha watched her attentively, he thought she wasn't bad and folded his arms as she continued. Kagome pulled out the tomato and blend it, she added it to the pan with the fried meat and added the milk cream, she mixed it well till it had a juice with an orange color and then added oregano. She started cutting the onion in very small pieces and added them to the mixture; she started boiling the pasta and went to cut pieces of the cheese, she tried to cut them as thin as possible. Kagome took out the pasta and placed the two pieces she had boiled in a bowl; she poured on top the mixture of meat and then placed the pieces of cheese. Kagome opened the oven and placed it in.
 
“Impressive” Inuyasha said and Kagome smiled.
 
“Thanks… the lasagna will be ready in like 20 minutes” he smiled.
 
“Awesome, more than enough time for you to wash what you have used” she rolled her eyes. “Now that kind of attitude can cost you your position”
 
Kagome washed the dishes and he was still watching her, she felt a little uncomfortable, at first she thought that he was looking at her how she prepared her food but why would he watch her now if she was only washing pots? Kagome tried not to blush and finally she was over, she went to check her lasagna and she saw it was ready. She placed the plate in front of Inuyasha and grabbed a fork and gave it to him. Inuyasha cut a deep piece and tried it.
 
“So how is it?” Kagome asked as she watched him chew.
 
“Pretty good…” he answered and took another piece, she smiled pleased.
 
“So do I get to cook now?” he nodded and Kagome giggled. “I knew his recipe will work”
 
“This isn't your recipe?” he asked and she nodded.
 
“Yeah, it is but I called it his recipe because my boyfriend loves it and I always cook it for him” he nodded and placed away his plate.
 
“You have a boyfriend?” he asked as he cleaned this mouth with a napkin.
 
“Yes, actually fiancé since I'm getting married” he nodded and cleared his throat.
 
“Well, tomorrow you might be cooking…” she smiled. “Or maybe not, it's my call”
 
“But I thought that this was for me to finally get the chance to cook” he smiled and chuckled.
 
“Funny… but not really, I just wanted to know if you knew how to cook… I never said that you will cook tomorrow” she looked at him angry.
 
“But that's not fair!” Inuyasha smiled and walked away.
 
“As if I cared…” Kagome grabbed a tomato resting on the table and threw it to his head. “You just threw me a vegetable right? I will fire you”
 
“As if I cared… I rather be fired and look for another place to work than to be here listening to your orders another second” Inuyasha turned around to face her; he grabbed her by the arms and looked at her intensively.
 
“I love when you're angry” Kagome blushed furiously and shook her head as she tried to get out of his grasp.
 
“Get away from me, I have… a boyfriend” Kagome said and he smiled.
 
“You know what girl?” he asked huskily in her ear and she gave in to him, she let out a sigh.
 
“What?” she asked waiting for him to speak again.
 
“I'm gonna call you wench” the magic went away and she got away from him.
 
“What?!” he nodded.
 
“That's my new nickname for you… see you later” he walked away and Kagome looked him helpless.
 
“I hate you!” she yelled and he looked back at her.
 
“I'm starting to like you” he smiled and walked out of the restaurant.