InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ open up your heart ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The night was over; Sesshomaru couldn't be happier about the amount of clients that had been there that night and the chefs couldn't be even more tired. Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku and Kagome were all sitting on the kitchen's floor trying to catch back their breath after cooking for so many people. A few minutes earlier Sesshomaru had entered the kitchen to congratulate them for their phenomenal performance, none of them actually listened since they were too busy washing their hands and complaining about how picky and annoying were their respective costumers. Finally, Miroku gathered the strength to move his arm and glare at his wrist watch; it was very late and he could feel it since his eyelids were barely obeying him. He got up, stretched his body and yawned as he got his apron off.
 
“It's getting late… more than usual; I think I should go home and rest. See you in the morning guys.” Miroku said and Sango quickly stood up.
 
“Hey Miroku… I was wondering if…” he looked back at her, holding his smile back and Sango sighed. “If you could take me home, I left my car at home today or yesterday, whatever.... could you?”
 
“Sure… bye guys.” Kagome waved at him lazily and Inuyasha snored, Miroku rolled his eyes and walked out along with Sango.
 
Kagome stared at Inuyasha as he slept against the kitchen's wall. She moved closer to him to push a strand of his hair behind his ear, he grabbed her hand and she gasped a bit scared Inuyasha smiled mischievously.
 
“Thanks for waking me up.” He whispered huskily and Kagome smiled a bit.
 
“I was just trying to make your sleep more comfortable, I'm sorry.” Inuyasha shook his head before standing up and helping Kagome to get up.
 
“No, I really mean it… I don't think it's healthy for me to sleep on my own kitchen, maybe I should go home.” Kagome nodded and he smiled again.
 
“Sango and Miroku make a beautiful couple.” Kagome mumbled as she tried to get up, Inuyasha arched his brow. “Two bad they broke up…”
 
“Well, they wouldn't have if you didn't interfere.” Inuyasha mentioned as he walked towards the kitchen sink to wash his hands.
 
“What do you mean by that?” Kagome asked and he sighed as he dried his hands with a towel.
 
“If you just love so much the way they look together, why did you introduce him to your friend?” Kagome stared at him confused.
 
“I didn't fix them up… Yuka wanted to meet him, he is the one who decided to date her after he broke up with Sango… overall, it's his fault and yours.” Inuyasha arched his brow intrigued by her suggestion.
 
“And what's that supposed to mean?” Kagome rolled her eyes.
 
“Well, if you have only helped Sango moved over she wouldn't have ended obsessed about you and Miroku would have had no reason to break up with her.” Kagome explained.
 
“I can't help it if I'm hot! Besides, she was the one hiding their relationship because she thought I would tell her we should get back together.” Inuyasha decided and she sighed.
 
“Well, then it's their fault… I just feel sorry for that bastard because he's acting like a kid now that he heard she's dating someone else.” Kagome looked at him amazed.
 
“Really? `Cause Sango likes Hiten… but she really loves Miroku but she can't be with him because he's dating someone else.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes out of annoyance.
 
“This sounds like a cheesy chick movie, why the hell don't they just kiss and make up?” He yelled with irritation and Kagome giggled. “And what is so funny?”
 
“That we're fighting over how a relationship was ruined… a relationship that isn't yours or mine.” She laughed again and he smiled before he grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him.
 
“You have an eyelash on your cheek.” Inuyasha said as he removed the piece of hair off of her face.
 
He pressed it between his fingers, he blew softly and then Inuyasha stared intensively at her chocolate eyes. Kagome tried her best to stop her cheeks from getting red but she failed, since they reflected a pink color on it. Kagome saw him move even closer to her and he placed his fingers in between, she felt her heart beat very fast just like when he had managed to put his lips above hers.
 
“Make a wish.” He finally whispered.
 
Kagome closed her eyes as she thought of something, Inuyasha couldn't resist the urge he felt for kissing her. As Kagome tried to focus on her wish, Inuyasha pushed himself closer and closer to touch again her lips. `I wish Inuyasha would…'
 
“Inuyasha?” Kikyo asked, he immediately got away from her and Kagome looked at her scared.
 
“Hey there, I didn't know you were coming.” Inuyasha said as he tilted his eyes from Kagome to Kikyo, she plastered a smile and walked towards Kagome. “You frightened me by appearing as a ghost.”
 
“Would you mind to leave us alone for a second, please Kagome?” she nodded.
 
“I was just leaving anyways.” Kagome explained as she walked out of the kitchen.
 
Kikyo looked at Inuyasha furious, he knew what was coming but he didn't want to face it mostly because he had nothing good to say to defend. `She caught me almost kissing Kagome who is supposed to be my former girlfriend… it's obvious she knows something is happening. I just don't know what to do…' He thought nervously before taking a deep breath, he turned around and walked to the closet to take off his apron when he heard Kiyo talking.
 
“You think I don't know?” She suddenly inquired; Inuyasha looked at her over his shoulder.
 
“What are you talking about?” Inuyasha asked naively as he turned around and walked back to her, Kikyo grunted.
 
“I know you love her Inuyasha! I can see it in your eyes! The way you look at her and how much you want her back… it kills me!” she yelled with frustrated, Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“You don't understand… she's my friend and I…” Kikyo laughed sarcastically.
 
“Inuyasha, I've given you plenty of chances… I don't want you seeing her anymore.” He sighed heavily and looked at her.
 
“But she works for me.” Kikyo walked closer to him and stared at him with some deception.
 
“I understand that but there is no reason for you to be around her every time I look back at you, if you would really want to be with me more than to make her jealous… you would stop seeing her.” Inuyasha looked at her serious.
 
“Is that an ultimatum?” he asked somehow mad, Kikyo looked away and directed to the kitchen's door.
 
“It's more like a choice; you want her, chase her but if you want me… let her go.” Kikyo walked outside, Inuyasha cursed his bad luck before taking off his apron furiously and tossing it to the ground.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagome opened her apartment door lazily, during her whole trip back home she only thought about Inuyasha's words. “It was a mistake.” Kagome heard the words echoing in her head, she sighed heavily and walked to the kitchen dropping her purse on her table. She went to the fridge to grab something to eat, she wasn't really hungry but anxiety was killing her and she needed something to pacify it. Kagome was about to prepare herself a sandwich when she heard someone laughing in her bedroom, she closed the refrigerator door and walked to her room were she saw Kouga and Ayame on her bed. Kagome smiled lightly until they were aware of her presence, Kouga jumped off and immediately enveloped his arms around her body.
 
“Ah… I missed you darling.” Kagome tried to hug him back and then pulled away.
 
“I thought you were coming back in another week.” Kouga nodded before kissing her lips, Kagome smiled a little and heard Ayame make a disgusted noise.
 
“Hey! Get a room!” Ayame said playfully and Kouga rolled his eyes.
 
“This is our room.” Kagome laughed and Kouga held her between his arms again, this time Kagome didn't resist.
 
“You know what I mean.” Ayame finally said and shook her head, she then pointed at Kagome. “And you! You haven't visited me even once.”
 
“I'm sorry, work is such a pain in the ass… you could go to the restaurant anytime you want.” Kagome invited and Ayame laughed.
 
“To get another weird encounter with Inuyasha and make everything in the environment uncomfortable? Thank you Kagome but I'm just fine by not making an ass of myself.” Kagome giggled and she looked back at Kouga. “When are you going to tell her?”
 
“Tell me what?” Kagome asked curious, Kouga elbowed Ayame and she yelped before slapping her brother playfully on the arm.
 
“I do have some stuff to tell you but first I need some privacy.” He looked over at Ayame annoyed and she rolled her eyes. “Ayame would you…?”
 
“Don't mind it; I'm very good at knowing when I'm not wanted… goodnight! Ayame kissed Kagome's cheek and winked at her brother before walking out of the apartment.
 
Kouga sat on the bed and waited for Kagome to follow him; she pretended to smile and sat on his lap for a moment before she threw herself on the bed. Kouga rested next to her as he passed his hand around her arms. She looked at him with a sad smile before she enveloped her arms around his neck, just like she did with Inuyasha.
 
“Kiss me.” She required him and he did as she ordered him, their kiss was vivid; passionate but it didn't make her feel even close as Inuyasha had done to her.
 
“My whole body has been hoping to be with you again, you won't believe how lonely I feel whenever I'm without you.” Kagome smiled and gave him a small peck on the lips.
 
“I know how it feels.” She replied as she watched him get up and walk around their room. “What's wrong?”
 
“Nothing, it's good news actually. I just wanted to tell you that I'm getting promoted and that I'll be… I won't be able here as often as now, I'll have to take more trips to Japan and…” Kagome looked at him disappointed. “I'm letting it pass.”
 
“What?” Kagome asked shocked and he nodded with a sure smile on his face.
 
“Getting promoted is a great honor but if that means even less time with you, I don't want it… I just can't wait to get married. By the way darling, have you picked out your dress yet?” Kagome shook her head and he arched his brow. “I think I'll faint… a few months ago all you could say to me was how important was for you to pick your dress.”
 
“I know it's just that… um, we haven't spent much time together like to take decisions. We should look at the place, our reception lobby, invitations, our guests at the wedding… my god, it's so much. Maybe we should just postpone it for another month.” Kouga glared her worried; he sat next to her and kissed her forehead.
 
“Is it really time what is bothering you?” Kagome stared at him for a moment before she let out a deep breath and shook her head.
 
“I'm afraid to get married. What if things aren't like this always? What happens after we commit? What if…?” Kouga placed a finger on top of her lips before kissing them lightly.
 
“Kagome, you don't need to worry about everything… as long as I'm with you and you love me as much as I love you, everything is going to be alright. Okay babe?” Kagome nodded with and he kissed her lips. “I'm tired, how about we talk about this tomorrow at lunch?”
 
“That sounds amazing.” He kissed her lips and went to grab his pajamas, Kagome let out a sigh and got under the covers of her bed as she tried to sleep.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
After such a long week of work, weekend had finally arrived and brought happiness to everyone who worked in the restaurant. Kagome decided that she should probably concentrate in her wedding, most of her thoughts were diverged by that kiss that had meant nothing to Inuyasha but did her feel butterflies in her stomach just to think about it. To fortify her friendship with her new friend Sango she invited her to help her pick out her perfect wedding dress. Sango agreed to it flattered and soon after she asked Ayame showed up, she wanted to join her too and Kagome couldn't say no. The two girls waited for Kagome as she changed into what she thought that could be her wedding dress. Sango stared at Ayame and she smiled a little before Sango started laughing.
 
“Oh, I remember you! You're the girl who slapped Inuyasha.” Ayame smiled sheepishly and nodded.
 
“Yeah… it's not that good to be remembered for that kind of stuff. I should have kicked him in the balls.” Sango laughed even more and looked at her.
 
“So, how did you meet him?” Ayame sighed and rolled her eyes.
 
“I really wish I didn't remember but he dated me while in senior year for a bet, so we caught him but I never really got my revenge…” Sango was about to speak again when she heard Ayame squeal.
 
“You look adorable!” Ayame commented as Kagome stepped out of the dressing room.
 
Kagome stared at her reflection in the mirror before her; she enjoyed the fabric it had been used to make the dress. The glitter above it was beautiful, the small stitched flowers around the tail of it were gorgeous but those gigantic spheres on her shoulders surely ruined her whole dress. Kagome turned a few times, looking around for a reason to buy the dress but she simply shook her head.
 
“I won't get married in this… this… thing.” She said and walked back to the changing room, Sango directed her attention to Ayame again.
 
“So… how are things with that guy you're dating? I think I saw your picture in a magazine.” Sango smiled a bit embarrassed before nodding uncomfortably.
 
“Yeah, that was me… my brother Kohaku introduced me to this…” Sango was once again interrupted by Ayame's excited shriek.
 
“Oh my god! Your brother is Kohaku, as in the model?” Sango nodded again and she squealed again before smiling widely. “I knew you looked somehow similar to him… you're prettier though, don't tell him I said that.”
 
“Don't worry, he wouldn't even believe me.” Sango heard a door creak open and saw Kagome coming out with another dress.
 
Kagome looked at both of them as they held their laugh back. It had a huge tail that it seemed to never end, the top of her dress was covering her up to her neck and the sleeves looked as if the came from an UFO movie, tons of circles around her arms that would barely let her fold them. Kagome had to admit that even though the dress was such an ugly thing, the fabric on it was so silky that it felt as it would fall apart. Sango and Ayame couldn't help but to laugh and Kagome walked towards them to cover their mouths.
 
“Sh… I thought I looked good when I saw it on display.” Kagome explained herself before Sango nodded.
 
“Yeah, it looks good… in the trash.” Ayame said and circled her to look at every inch that the dress covered her. “Okay, its official… this is the worst thing I've ever seen, why did you even try it? I thought you had taste.”
 
“And it's really ugly for the price it's asking.” Sango said as she read the price tag which held a number with seven ceros.
 
“I already told you, I thought it would look good…” Kagome said before looking at herself for the last time as she walked to change into another one.
 
“You know, if you can't find a dress maybe you could try in another store.” Ayame suggested as she walked towards the veils, she tried one and Sango laughed.
 
“I'm sure you can look for a dress in some other store, you're not in a hurry right?” Sango asked before taking a wedding dress and looking at it, she smiled and placed it back to where it belonged.
 
Kagome immediately came out and both of the girls stared at her in awe, she smiled and bit her bottom lip gently before she walked towards the mirror and she held her eyes on her dress. It was a plain white strapless dress with draped bodice, a crystal brooch on the side of her hip and full draped with inverted pleats at the back. Kagome kept staring at her reflection as she couldn't believe how beautiful the dress was, Ayame and Sango walked next to her. Sango eyed at the price tag and noticed it was in her budget. Ayame took off the veil on her head and placed it on hers.
 
“What do you think?” Kagome asked and the girls smiled, they looked at each other.
 
“It's perfect.” They said in unison and Kagome sighed in bliss.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“What the hell is this?” Sesshomaru demanded as he spotted a small board next to Kagura's restaurant, she was too busy looking at her perfect red nail polish on her fingers.
 
“Today's specials, I hired a new chef to help me out with some new plates I'm working on.” She explained before blowing on her fingers to help her polish dry faster.
 
Sesshomaru had gone wild when he saw some of his most popular plates on display of his competition's menu. He hoped Inuyasha would soon come and confront Kagura since, after all he had agreed on talking to her the next time she did something bad. However his brother wasn't there yet and he was just running out of patience, immediately he walked out of his office and went to talk to Kagura.
 
“You know something? I thought you would at least try to be an honest competitor but I forgot it was just you...” Sesshomaru said coldly before walking away, Kagura immediately stopped him.
 
“You think your words don't hurt me Sess? You think I'm made of stone? Everything you say to me, it fills me with affliction.” Kagura admitted while Sesshomaru stared at her eyes which were at the edge of letting tears roll down.
 
“I'm sorry, but you…” Kagura stared at him with sadness; he sighed heavily and held his arms open. “Come here.”
 
Kagura melted in his arms, his touch was warm and her coldness had vanished away at least for that moment. Sesshomaru held her tightly against him, although all his body told him to let her go his heart still held a special place for her. Kagura was the first to pull away from the embrace; she kissed Sesshomaru's lips sweetly.
 
“Why do we hurt each other Sess?” she asked before touching his cheek with her hand lovingly. “Why don't we try to get back together? I mean, I still love you…”
 
“I… feel the same.” He answered insipidly and she smiled.
 
“How about we go out tonight, have some dinner and talk about our good times?” Sesshomaru stared at Kagura for moment, trying to his decision. “What do you say darling?”
 
“I'd love to.”
 
 
 
 
A/N: everybody is asking me the same question and for god's sake, yes! This is an inu/kag fic… just have some patience! Okay, now that I got that out of my system… I hope you enjoyed this chapter; I had to rewrite it not only once but twice! So it really took me a lot… I was thinking about rushing this story and ending it by chapter 30 because I can't see this going too far but… I don't know, I still have a lot to think about. I think by the next chapter you'll know how long this story will be. I hope you appreciate my effort and review please!!! =)