InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Love You: An Inuyasha Story ❯ I Love You: An Inuyasha Story ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: Why must you torment me with these disclaimers! I tell you, and tell you! I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA! But noooooo you don't listen do you? YOU MAKE ME SICK!
I'm sorry! I love you! Don't hate me! =(
 
Inuyasha: [cough] Aaaaaaand- on with the story.
 
~-I Love You-~
Written In Inuyasha Point Of View.
 
I was up in the Goshinboku watching over the camp while they were sleeping. Being half demon, I don't need as much sleep as a human would. Then I caught the faint scent of graveyard soil and medicinal herbs.
Kikyo..
I leapt off the tree oblivious to Kagome waking.
I rushed through the forest when I saw a soul collector. It seemed to beckon me to follow it, so I did.
“I see you came Inuyasha.” Came the toneless voice of Kikyo.
“Of course.” I said approaching her.
“It is time, Inuyasha. It is time for me to take you to hell with me.”
“Hell? But Naraku is still alive! I can't go yet! I can't leave- can't leave…”
 
Kagome.
“Inuyasha. You promised me! You promised we'd be together in hell! You owe me your life Inuyasha!” Kikyo screamed.
 
“I told you I'd have to kill Naraku before I went to hell with you!” I yelled back.
 
“No Inuyasha, we go tonight. Now.” She said, her emotionless voice lacing with venom.
 
“Then you can go alone. I won't leave Kagome.” I said quietly hiding my eyes with my bangs so she wouldn't see the hurt. The anger.
How could she make me leave? I'm supposed to defeat Naraku. I thought she understood that!
 
“I knew it. You love my copy don't you? Ha. I should have killed her when I had the chance.” Kikyo scoffed.
 
My eyes bulged.
 
“Wh-what?” I said staring up into my former lover's face.
“I will kill that pathetic excuse for a copy and then you will be free to go to hell with me.” She sneered.
 
“NO! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH KAGOME!”
 
“Inuyasha…Don't…” Came a voice from behind me.
I turned and came face to face with Kagome.
 
“K-Kagome? GET AWAY FROM HERE!”
 
“Kikyo. Take your soul back.” Kagome said ignoring me and walking up to Kikyo.
 
“Foolish girl. DIE!” Kikyo grabbed Kagome's wrist. They both glowed an unearthly blue-white.
 
“KAGOME!” I jumped at her and broke the bond.
 
“Fool!” Kikyo screamed as souls escaped her.
 
“Kikyo…die. Rest in peace.” I said watching Kikyo's body grow limp.
 
“Inuyasha?” Kagome said getting up and rushing towards me.
“Kagome! Why didn't you listen to me? Why didn't you stay back? Are you hurt?”
 
“Inuyasha…I'm sorry.” She broke down crying.
I hugged her tighter.
“Was what she said true?” Kagome asked cutting her tears off.
 
“About what?” I ask confused.
 
“She said you loved me…is it true?”
I looked at her eyes and saw hope. Hope and another emotion, one that I hadn't seen since my mother died. I saw love.
I realized then, I loved her.
 
“Kagome I- I…”
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
“I- I love you, Kagome.” I said grabbing her by the waist and enveloping her into a hug.
 
“I love you too Inuyasha. I always have.” Kagome said into my chest.
 
Who knew that three little words could change my life forever?
2 years later we defeated Naraku. 3 months after that Miroku and Sango were married. Shippo went with them to their cottage outside of Kaede's village. As for Kagome and I? About a year and a half after Miroku and Sango's first child was born we were married under the Goshinboku.
We still fight, and now with her pregnant and with mood swings, I get sat more often than usual. But that's okay…because she love's me, and I love her.
 
A/n: I really wanted to write a one-shot…Hopefully I succeeded? I hope I did good. I reread it and it sounded really sappy…tell me what you think<3
R&R
~Sedona