InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'm On The Outside ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: Yes another damn plot bunny from another evil friend! I think this story is going to be a lot of fun simply because I love writing AU's and I was just waiting for the right idea to come along.
 
Now obviously Kagome and the others are not the same age in the Anime/Manga, but for the purpose of the story, they are. Each Chapter is going to be a significant time until I get to about age 16 or so.
 
The Title of the story is from a song called “Outside” by Staind. The lyrics can be found here: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/staind/outside.html
 
Some of the chapter titles may come from either that song, or others, but I will note the song that it's used from.
 
I don't own the Inuyasha characters or franchise, I wish I did though because I'd have a lot of money hehehe. All original characters and storylines are my own.
 
Enjoy and as always R and R!
 
~ * ~
 
 
Age 6:
 
A small figure could be seen hiding in the folds of fabric of a woman's skirt. The young Hanyou clung for dear life as his mother talked to the woman in front of her. It was the first day of school, and for most children it was a terrifying experience.
 
“Forgive Inuyasha; since he is a Hanyou, he gets teased a lot.” He could hear his mother's soft voice telling the other woman.
 
The woman smiled reassuringly to her. “Don't worry; we have many Hanyou's and full-blooded Youkai in the class along with humans. As you know our school is one of the few that gladly accepts them.”
 
Inuyasha was comforted by the woman's voice and peeked out from behind his mother's legs once more. “Inuyasha, this is Miss. Makoto, she'll be your teacher.” His mother said soothingly.
 
Inuyasha shyly stepped out from behind his mother and Miss. Makoto had too keep herself from cooing at the sight of his little ears perched at the top of his head. “What kind of Hanyou is he?”
 
“His father was a dog-Youkai.” Inuyasha's mother told the teacher with a smile. “Just don't let the children tug on his ears; I'm afraid it makes him a little irritable.”
 
Miss. Makoto chuckled and nodded, holding out her hand to Inuyasha. The small Hanyou looked up at his mother, who nodded to him reassuringly. Inuyasha shyly took Miss. Makoto's hand and with a wave from his mother was led into the classroom.
 
He could feel the eyes of the children turn to stare at him. He was starting a few days later then the rest of them simply because he had refused to leave the house. Some of the boys glared at him while a lot of the girls cooed over the small triangular ears at the top of his head. He looked around nervously as Miss. Makoto introduced him. He found a pair of kind brown eyes staring at him a large, happy smile on the owner's lips.
 
The girl seemed interested in him, but it wasn't the same as the others. “Inuyasha, you can go sit with Kagome.”
 
Inuyasha realized that the girl that Miss. Makoto was speaking about was the girl with the brown eyes. He went and sat beside her silently, ignoring the stares of the other students. Miss. Makoto turned away from the students to begin the lesson and Inuyasha felt a gentle poke in his ribs. He turned and stared at Kagome, who was still smiling at him.
 
“Hi.” She whispered to him. “I'm Kagome; it's nice to meet you Inuyasha.”
 
Inuyasha could feel his cheeks turning pink. “Nice to meet you too Kagome.” He whispered back.
 
Kagome seemed satisfied with that and turned her attention back to the front of the room. A few hours later the bell rang, signalling that it was time for them to have a quick break. Kagome disappeared into the crowd, leaving a slightly disappointed Inuyasha behind.
 
He wandered outside and hung away from the large crowds. He spotted Kagome standing with a group of girls. She turned when one of her friend's whispered something and pointed at him. He saw her roll her eyes and she crossed the playground to talk to him.
 
“Hi!” She said happily as she stopped beside him. “You should come over and meet my other friends.”
 
Inuyasha looked at the group of girls and shook his head. “No, that's okay.”
 
“Oh come on Inuyasha, they're curious about you.” Kagome said.
 
“Really?” He asked shyly.
 
Kagome nodded excitedly. “Come on!” She said, grabbing his hand, leading him over to them.
 
Normally little boys would have pulled their hand away and screamed something about girl cooties, but Inuyasha didn't want to ruin his chances of having a friend. As they got closer he knew that they were staring at his ears, which were nervously twitching at the top of his head. He glanced around at the other half and full Youkai and realized that none of them had ears like his. Their ears all appeared at least some what human.
 
“Sango, Yuka, Eri, Ayume, this is my new friend Inuyasha.” Kagome said.
 
Inuyasha could feel himself beaming with pride as Kagome said the words “new friend”. The girls smiled and said hello to him before bombarding him with a million questions at once. They were mostly about his heritage and what kind of powers he had, but eventually the topic turned to his ears.
 
“Are they real?” Sango asked, eyeing the small triangles.
 
Before Inuyasha could respond, Kagome reached up and touched one gently. “Yep they're real!”
 
Inuyasha stared at her in shock. He wasn't sure why, but the feeling of Kagome touching his ears was relaxing. Normally he would scream and hit the person who touched his ears, since he only allowed his mother to do that. He smiled contently, thinking that for once he could allow himself to have a human friend.