InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'm... WHAT?!?! ❯ Heading Home & Plots ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'm... WHAT?!

Summary: IYxN The Higurashi family is moving back to their hometown or in this case, village. When they've all arrived, the siblings find out about an agreement that one of them doesn't like at all.

Disclaimer: No claim of ownership towards Naruto or Inuyasha.

~Heading Home and Plots~

Water lapped at the edges of the boat, bringing with it the smell of the sea and wood as it assaulted her senses through the small breeze that brushed against her. The sun was warm on her skin though not overly so as she walked over to the side and peered over its edge, gazing into the clear depths. Her mind was a mess and her heart squeezed in her chest while she reminisced on what little memories she had of her childhood home. Kagome wasn't sure why, after all these years, her kaa-san was so intent on coming back. Unconsciously, her thoughts drifted to where most of her concern lay. 'She's changed since my travels to the past began and I'm terrified to think what could happen if she's around those people again.' Green eyes darkened from suppressed memories and hidden anger. 'If she thinks she can treat Souta the way she did me, I will leave and take him with him and I dare someone to try just try and stop me.'

"Acting like a sulking child will not change my decision, sweetie."

The raven's body tensed out of habit when the unexpected voice spoke up from behind her and she had to hold back the urge to attack her mother. She calmed herself, turning the words over in her mind and frowned as she looked away from the rippling waves to the scenery beyond the sea. There was still a spark of anger in her knowing that not one person in her famiy believed it was vital enough to tell her that they were moving. 'Oh, wait! They did, when I came back from the Feudal Era where they were already packed and waiting!'

"A warning would have been nice and don't think that even for Souta's sake that I have changed my mind about living in a house of my own."

She listened with satisfaction at the irritated sigh that echoed behind her, footsteps gradually fading as her kaa-san headed back below the deck. A part of her was still irritated at the fact that she could still feel guilty for her decision because she had decided for once that she wanted to be selfish. With a huff, Kagome took out her Ipod and put on her earphones. She scrolled down the list for a song  to listen to before turning the volume all the way up.

The beat was soft and brang back happy memories of when she was able to still travel even if it meant being attacked constantly. She took in a shaky breath when her eyesight became blurry. 'Shippo, Rin, Kouga, everyone. I miss you so much.' There was a rumble in the distance that broke her from her silent reverie and she turned, gazing out at the dark clouds in the distance. She tried not to think about too much on how they would be arriving soon and instead watched as lightning struck, counting the seconds before it would do it again.

One...

...Two...

...Three...

... Four...

...Five...

'We still have five miles to go.' A sudden pain in her forehead had her grimacing and she decided that now would be best to get some sleep and recuperate. Turning down the Ipod, Kagome headed back under the deck and to the room she bunked in with Souta. Stuffing the device into her bra and making sure that it or the headphones would fall out, she changed into some pajamas and laid down.

'I hope we're there when I wake up. I'm getting tired of waiting.'

/Otogakure\

The two guards at the entrance dipped their heads in respect when they saw Sasuke and allowed him free passage into the village without a word. His cobalt eyes glistened in an almost sinister way when he saw how they shivered in his passing from his peripheral vision. He had long since enjoyed the effect he had on people because of his reputation and the fact that he was the apprentice of a Sannin. His focus of reaching the Kage Tower wasn't diminished in the least from the many stares he was receiving from ninja and villagers alike. With a small exhale, he performed the teleportation jutsu seeing as he was not in the mood to deal with any of the local concubine while getting to his destination. The Uchiha could not deny they weren't great stress relievers in bed since that was what they were trained for but he was in no mood to deal with their clinging and needy personalities. The touching reminded him of his genin days back in Konoha but more than that, it reminded him of not only his former teammate but all the other girls that had been a part of his fan club.

He stopped the train of thought before it could drift to his other former teammate, memories a bit too sensitive for his taste. Stopping, he knocked on the door to Orochimaru's office and waited for the vocal permission that allowed him entrance.

"Is there something you need, Sasuke-kun?"

Eyes narrowing and body tense, he turned slightly and forcefully relaxed when he saw Kabuto standing behind him. The Sound nin was holding some glass viles that contained highly poisonous snakes in them and was still wearing the same outfit that he had first met him in. In comparison, the Uchiha had changed far more now that his hair had finally managed to lay flat to the point where it was slightly longer than shoulder length. He had long since stopped deactivating his Sharingan, coal black eyes never seen by any in this village. A small tattoo lay on and just beneath his right eye in the shape of a tear drop, colored a light blue. 'Never trust a snake's apprentice, especially when he's deprived of the attention he usually receives.'

"Orochimaru summoned me while I was out scouting the surrounding area."

"Hm... he is not in there. In fact, he's down in his personal lab experimenting on some of the Konoha nin we found a week ago."

"They have been able to last this long. It seems they are becoming more stubborn." He mumbled, eyes narrowing.

"Hai, Orochimaru-sama thinks it must be Naruto-kun's doing. Oh, and you can head down there if you like, I'm sure he won't mind."

Sasuke pointedly ignored the part where the blond was mentioned. "Do you know why he summoned me?"

The look in the medic-nin's eyes expressed clearly how much he hated the Uchiha's standing with his 'master'. "You'll have to ask him, it was considered classified. Only you are allowed to know the information."

He mulled the words over in his head. "I see."

Passing him without another word, he started down the hallway and turned the corner before descending the stairs until he reached the bottom level. It took one more right and a left before he glanced around him to make sure he was alone and pushed in a part of the wall, entering and closing it behind him. Shrouded in darkness, he allowed his eyes to adjust and began to briskly walk down the hall and wondered what could be so important that even the Sennin's second-in command didn't know.

Sasuke stopped at the entrance and watched passively as Orochimaru injected one of his many concoctions into one of the Konoha nin's bodies. It didn't matter how many times he watched it, his incredulity at how their bodies started morphing to resemble animals would always be a part of his reaction.

Cautious, he cleared his throat in a successful attempt to redirect the pale ninja's attention. "What did you want?"

The inhuman growling that had started once the transformation had been completed stopped, whimpering at the new voice. He would have found it strange that it happened the moment he spoke but Orochimaru turned to him at that moment. There was an expression of gleeful delight on his face.

"Sasuke-kun, you're finally here. Do you like one of your many new pets?"

"Pets?"

"Hai, we have ingrained you as their alpha into their instincts so they will follow only your command."

The raven glanced back at the former Konoha nin, taking in his animalistic appearance and decided that they could be of some use. "What did you want?" He repeated, raising a brow when his sensei's grin merely widened.

"I need you to infilterate Konoha and retrieve someone for me."

"That cannot be the only reason for you to keep me from making sure your former teammate finds this village."

"There are some things more important than being found by old acquaintances."

"Who's so important then?"

The pale-skinned man did not seem to expect how easily he agreed but was pleased none-the-less. "A young woman that will be able to help us achieve both of our goals."

He rose a brow, irritated and ignored the small amount of growling that was in the background. "How so?"

Orochimaru's smirk only grew more twisted, eyes taking on a feral light and the Uchiha could swear there was a tint of red in them. "This girl holds power in her grasp, both from an outside and inside force. One she guards but the other is contained within her. She has been raised in some ways of the ninja with jutsu and chakra but her ability to heal is twice that of any medic-nin, including Tsunade. Her gift allows her to perform many of these tasks without hand signs."

Sasuke's nearly gaped as his mind twisted at the implications. 'She is like that boy back in Wave!' His eyes narrowed, adrenaline already beginning to race through his veins. 'This time though, I am ready.'

"How?" was all he asked.

His own gaze moved when he saw the Sennin look over at the table on the opposite of the room. On it lay ring that held the sign of the bijuu on it and signified that he had once been a part of of the Akatsuki. "She is a priestess and one of the few that are truly trained physically and spiritually."

He felt his Sharingan deactivate from the shock. 'A... priestess.'

~Boat~

"Kagome onee-san, we're here!"

Eyes snapping open, she sat in an upright position and was now fully awake at the words. She slid out of the bed, ignoring the goose bumps that traveled across her skin when her feet touched the cold wooden floor. When she looked over at Souta, the raven rose an eyebrow when she saw the surprised expression on his face. "What?"

He only shook his head in an exasperated manner. "Nothing, just hurry up and get dressed."

Not actively paying attention to everything he was saying, she pushed him out of the room and ignored his yells of protest. Shutting and locking the door behind her, the miko went over to her suitcase before deciding that she didn't want to wear anything her kaa-san packed. She bent down and looked under her bed for the bag she had snuck through with an illusion, grabbing it and pulling it out. After unclasping the latch, she took out the exterminator outfit Miroku and Sango had made for her as well as the fire rat ensemble that had been made for her as a gift when she had been declared as the beta female for the ookami and inu clans of the West and South. Her fingers trailed along the tough cloth, marveling at how even though it was the usual black, it had been turned into a four-piece courtesy of the perverted monk while the armor was a light green to match her eyes. The top ended two inches above her belly button but had no other differences compared to the many altercations the bottoms had gone through. It was now turned into a skirt with leggings attached underneath. With the change, she was given the choice on whether to keep both on or to have it as either pants or a skirt though there would still be shorts underneath. 'Much to Miroku's disappointment.' She thought in amusement.

Undressing, she put it on before picking up the fire rat hakamas and 'hmm'ed in appreciation at the embroided silk that stayed strong against any attack, smoothing the material around her hips. The lining of silver flames along its hems held magic that stopped time from withering it. Golden flower petals that held the same energy danced along the sleeves of the haori, the designs seemingly rippling as she pulled the cloth over her and knew that the crescent moon on her back was most likely giving off the same effect. The Ipod had long since been discarded once she had started changing so she picked it back up and put it in one of her hidden pockets.

Pulling on some black Chinese-style slippers, she grabbed her bag after placing the illusion back on it. With a deep breath to help mentally prepare herself, she pulling her hair back into a high ponytail and took a hold of her suitcases.

~Chapter One End~
Converting /tmp/phpV7h8gN to /dev/stdout