InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'm... WHAT?!?! ❯ Meeting & A Fight ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~Meeting & A Fight~

Opening the door to the deck, I nearly stumbled and fell down the stairs when the light from the sun's glare blinded me. I grasped the rail and blinked a few times so they could adjust, squinting to help before looking back outside. I couldn't help but raise my eyebrows when I saw that it was sunny outside though it was still damp with some puddles. 'Did I really sleep straight through the storm?'

I didn't find the thought to be very comforting since I don't usually sleep so hard but I ignored it and looked around for the crew and blinked when I found it was deserted. Hoisting the bag higher up on my shoulder, I grabbed my stuff and walked over to the side of the boat to see them with everything but my belongings. 'How sweet of them.' I thought, sneering before throwing the luggage onto the cart below and startling the captain, his crew, Souta, and kaa-san which brought my attention to what she was wearing.

My ire peaked when I saw how much cleavage she was showing off and before I got too caught up in my thoughts, I jumped over the ledge and landed softly next to her. The amount of perfume she had on made me sneeze and I stepped back away from her, turning to face the othe way.

"What are you wearing, sweetie?" She chastise me but I still couldn't look back at her. "With the body you have, you should be wearing something more modern than those old-fashioned rags."

I didn't answer for a second since I had gone to grab my bag but once it was on my shoulder, I turned towards her. "Actually kaa-san, what you are wearing is something that basically screams 'take me home and fuck me into your carpet'." With that, I left her and our audience standing there to gawk at my words. On my way into town, I started to look around to see if I could get directions on how to get to Konoha so I didn't have to walk there with my mother.

My eyebrow started twitching in annoyance at all the looks I was getting from the populace of the village, with elders and girls my age pointing at me. Sweeping my gaze along all the stalls, I noticed an aging older woman waving over at me from her seated position and walked over to see if maybe she could help.

"You look new here, deary. Is there something you need help?"

I smiled at her softly, relaxing at the kind but rough tone of her voice. "Hai, I was wondering if I could get a map or general direction that leads to Konohagakure."

She stared at me and I wondered why she seemed so tense now. 'Does she not like the village?'

"Just curious honey, but why would you want to go there?"

I blinked but answered anyway. "I was born there but when I was four, my tou-san died and kaa-san decided to move to the mainland. She planned on remarrying but then she found out she was pregnant with my otouto and then we changed locations again so that we were living with our jii-chan."

She bowed apologizing but nearly stumbled before I caught her and helped her sit back down. "I'm sorry about prying but there is a war going on that has to do with Konoha. Not many can be trusted when they ask about it because they could be enemies."

"It's alright, I would have been suspicious too."

"Ah yes, about those directions. You just go north and keep going until you get to a large gate that has the symbol of a leaf on it. If you don't remember, that is."

"Thank you." I turned to leave but she grabbed my hand.

"Are you not going to wait for your kaa-san and otouto?"

"Ie, they already left for the village. We were stationed on two different boats and when I got here, I found out and since they hadn't left any directions..." I lied and trailed, hoping she would leave it alone and when she nodded, I smiled.

Turning, I headed off in the direction that she had pointed and paused just as I reached the outer edge of the village. "I can't believe I nearly forgot to tell Souta that I was leaving." I gave a low-pitched whistle that echoed into the forest and watched as a black leopard with dark violet eyes seemingly formed out of nowhere. 'Shadow demons are truly terrifying with their abilities.'

"Aiko, I need you to tell my brother that I will be heading to the village by myself. Make sure you do it discreetly alright and do not let my mother see you." She purred and rubbed against my leg before disappearing again.

A passing breeze made me shudder softly and I frowned when I noticed how quiet the forest was. Looking around me cautiously, I moved so that I was hidden under the cover of the trees and started on my way. 'It a good thing I gave kaa-san on Souta those enchanted bracelets if there's a war going on.'

The distand sound of a tree branch snapping made me stiffen and I spread my senses out only to laugh when the only aura I felt was that of a wild boar. 'Paranoid baka.' Just when I was about to pull back, something else made me pause and take refuge in a tree. The rustle of leaves had me laying flat as possible against the trunk and I watched as two men walked out. They wore black capes that were decorated in red clouds but one looked like he could be the descendant of a shark demon. My attention was more set on the shorter one with raven hair though. 'I should watch out for him. He's exerting a large amount of power.'

"There's no use in hiding, we already know you're there."

My fingers curled into the trunk.

~~POV Change~~

As Kisame and I stopped, it wasn't hard to notice how the owner of the chakra - faint as it was - paused just feet from us. My eyes narrowed at this, hand brushing against my kunai pouch. 'Whoever this person is, they're able to sense us even with our chakra hidden.'

The slight rustle next to me showed that my partner was beginning to get annoyed at how long it was taking this person to show themselves. With a glance, I had him stopping and my attention shifted when a woman jumped from from one of the surrounding trees. 'How unexpected.'

I could see that she was very petite and shorter than other females her age but her green eyes were hard, showing that she had done and seen much more than she should have. That realization did not satisfy me in the least as I inspected her. Her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, the black strands giving off a slight blue sheen even when she didn't move and lightly tanned skin. The black hakamas and haori she wore was interesting with its designs as they gave off a rippling effect. 'To possibly distract a person.'

The fact that she wore no headband showed that she was not a ninja or that she was a missing-nin and yet she was also not a civilian. 'Trained but with no alliances to anyone. That could be very dangerous.' Then there was the strange feeling that she was very familiar.

"Who are you?"

My partner was obviously suspicious of her if he was so quick to grab his sword when she lifted a hand to brush a stray strand of hair out of her face.

"It's polite to introduce yourself first."

I held up a hand when Kisame stepped forward and watched when she only glanced at him before looking back at me, clearly dismissing him. 'She is confident enough to know that she can take him but since she does not know who we are shows she just came to this land.' A part of me did not like how relaxed she was in both of our presence or at how easily she was evading giving away any information.

"My name is Uchiha, Itachi and my partner is Hoshigaki, Kisame." (??)

~~POV Change~~

The miko nodded absently and sighed, partially bowing. "My name is Higurashi, Kagome."

She watched as the more composed male inclined his head and walked towards her. The way her body stiffened was apparently obvious from the way he paused.

"You have no need to worry for now. I merely wish to talk."

That set her on edge more than she already was. "About what?"

"What is a foreigner like you coming to this island and where are you going?"

Kagome crossed her arms and stared at him for a second. 'I have the feeling I'm going to be here for a while.'

"That's none of your business."

Her answer seemed to have finally snapped Kisame's patience because the next thing she knew, a sword was coming down on her and she dodged. His partner joined by performing a round-house kick at her mid-section ahd she jumped back, grabbing a throwing knife in the process. She twisted the left and swung at him which created small distance when he moved away.

The tingle down her spine made her duck and she watched as a knife sailed over her head and embedded itself in one of the trees. A hand grabbed her by the arm and she twisted around, kicking Kisame in the stomach before punching him in the face. She hissed when she was pulled backwards by her hair and fell to the ground, immediately freezing when she felt something sharp touch her neck as someone straddled her. Panting, Kagome looked to see it was Itachi who had pinned her and with a huff, she glared at him.

'Definitely going to be here for a while.'

~~End.~~
Converting /tmp/phpAIwrAl to /dev/stdout