InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Never Can Say Goodbye ❯ To Find You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SakuraAnk is back with an Ayame x Koga story. They have to be my second favorite couple. Anyway there are a lot of page breaks in here, sorry if it seems rushed, but right now, I'm just setting the stage. Might not be as good or as long as My Devotion, not sure, cause I don't have a complete idea of where I'm going with this. But it will be good nonetheless because I'm known for the twists and i think the biggest one will be coming next chapter. Enjoy!

To Find You
He said he didn't remember his Lunar Rainbow promise but she knew he did. He had to remember. For so long she had revered him as her prince. For far too long she had waited and trusted him to come back for her, but he never did. Instead, he found himself someone else, a human, to run after.
Ayame didn't hate Kagome, but she had stolen Koga's heart even though she had no intention of giving hers to him. No, Kagome was in love with that half-demon InuYasha. Too bad those thickheaded men couldn't see that.
Even when most women would have left it at that an accepted that Koga had made his choice, Ayame didn't because she wasn't like most women. Ayame was the leader of the white wolf clan, a position that demanded unquestioned authority. Despite he obvious power, she was a gentle ruler who only exorcised that power in times of crisis.
Right now, she was standing at the mouth of her family's cave, just staring at the sunset absentmindedly. I had been the same dream again. Every night she dreamt of that night under the Lunar Rainbow with him. When she had been a child, the dream had seemed like only a matter of time. And after she found out about Kagome, it seemed as if she could spend her whole life trying to achieve exactly what it was: a dream. But, lately, the dream was lengthened with visions of Koga running away with Kagome. This night, he died.
The dreams of wolf tribe leaders were believed to be premonitions because of the heightened senses in wolves. It scared her that her “fiancé” was likely to die, but even more so considering that Kagome might have something to do with it.
“Ayame,” barked a deep and rough voice from behind her.
“Grandfather! I didn't hear you get up. You should sleep.”
“You didn't hear me because you were too busy thinking about Koga, am I right?” He chuckled when she blushed furiously, “I suppose I am right then.”
“Grandfather…I had a vision tonight.”
“A vision?” he asked, all hints of playfulness gone.
“About Koga. I have to do something.” She decided to leave out Kagome as she had always done before. Even though her tribe was loyal, if word spread that she had lost her betrothed, to a human no less, it might give cause for them to think she was weak.
“Find him.”
“But Grandfather, I can't just leave the tribe alone.
“You forget that I was the leader not too long ago. Our tribe will be fine, but if something happens to Koga, then that puts his clan in jeopardy. We must protect him at all costs even if he doesn't want it.”
“He won't come back willingly, if at all.”
“Just keep him out of harms way, then we can deal with those cold feet and that pride of his.”
“Thank you Grandfather,” she said, planting a kiss on his furry forehead. “I promise I'll come back and when I do, Koga will be with me.”
With that she tore down the mountainside in a tornado of wind. I will find you Koga and you will live up to your promise. This I swear.

She had been searching for two days and there was still no sign of Koga, Hakkaku, or Ginta. No scent, no nothing. She knew they had traveled far in their search for Naraku, but without any knowledge of how far or even if she was going in the same directions as they had, it was difficult to find him.
It was starting to get dark as the sun faded beyond the horizon. She hadn't wanted to sleep for fear that the dreams would haunt her when she closed her eyes, but she had been going on non stop for so long that she had to sit down against a tree and rest. Holding her eyes open soon became a chore and they soon closed of their own accord
When you come down from the mountains, I'll make you my wife Ayame.”
I don't know what you're talking about.”
Kagome, I know how you worry about me.”
Koga, surrounded by the dark wolf clan presented to the white wolves…dead.
She woke up howling with the pain of a wolf that has been separated from their pack. An anguished cry that would move the souls of anyone who heard it, to cry themselves. As soon as she realized that she was the one emitting that horrible wail, it sank to a whimper. She was tired yet, but sleep was unfathomable. Ayame didn't want to waste time as these thoughts tormented her, so she rose to look for Koga once more. Don't die. Please don't leave. Wait for me.

“Come on! I can't be tired already!” Ayame whispered to herself. The truth in fact was that she was very tired, mentally and physically. Her senses were dulled too. She had been searching for Koga for so long. Sometimes she wondered if maybe it was time to stop chasing after him, but then she would be visited with visions of him dead and her heart would break. She pushed herself to the limit searching for him. So far in fact that after pleading with herself not to submit to unconsciousness, she collapsed into the river she had been following downstream. The current was strong, and without being aware, she was swept downstream like a lone buoy.

“Wait for us Koga!”
They were so slow, but they had been there through the whole quest to avenge their fallen comrades. He had to give them that. A strangely familiar scent was blown his way on a light breeze, making him stop dead in his tracks. He looked back to check on the progress of Hakkaku and Ginta and couldn't believe they were so far behind already.
“Do you smell that?” he asked after they had caught up. Both of his comrades began sniffing the air, searching for the one that Koga was referring to.
“Yeah. What is it?”
“I don't know, but I'm going to find out. Try to keep up.” Koga eventually came to a river. When they traveled down it, they found what they were looking for. There, washed up on the riverbank, was Ayame. From the looks of her, she had been washed downstream well a ways. She was bruised and battered and he wasn't able to detect the soft movement of air into her lungs. This was Koga's chance to rid himself of the little pest, but he couldn't bring himself to just let her die. After all, she was the leader of his brother's clan.
He dragged her out of the river, onto dry land and was about to get the water out of her lungs when Hakkaku and Ginta showed up. “Is that Ayame?”
“Go get some herbs or something for her wounds.” Still they lingered. “Now!”
“Yes, Koga!” they both stuttered in unison.
After Koga was sure that they were out of the way, he removed her armor and stared at her, blushing for a full minute. Finally, he began pushing against her breastbone to force the water out. It took a while, but she eventually regained consciousness enough to turn on her side and cough up the water. She lied back down on the ground, taking a few shuddering breaths before her eyes flutter open momentarily, taking in the sight of him and bringing a smile of contentment to her face. Then she fell into the depths of unconsciousness again.
He should have found someplace safe for her to heal and left her there, but he didn't. She trusted that he would be there when she awoke and he couldn't abandon her. So, Koga had Hakkaku and Ginta dress her wounds and they spent the night by the river.

Author's Note: So? How'd you like it? I know the meeting is a bit coincidential, but maybe I can put a band-aid on that later in the story. Review and get the ball rolling.