InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Promise You ❯ I Promise You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I Promise You



Inu Yasha let out a low growl as Kagome hurried towards Kouga, muttering something about the bastard wolf being hurt. The hanyou turned away from the pair, sliding Tetsusaiga back into it's sheath. Here he had come, the hero saving the girl he loved's life, and he didn't even get so much as a 'Thank you, Inu Yasha'. He knew Kagome longer than that wimp-ass wolf did, yet she still ran to bandage his wounds...


When you need a friend, don't look to a stranger,
You know in the end, I'll always be there.
But when you're in doubt, and when you're in danger,
Take a look all around, and I'll be there.



After the idiot left, Inu Yasha stomped towards Kagome, fangs slightly bared to show annoyance, but she barely looked at him.

"Damnit, Kagome! How the hell can you stand that fur-wearing freak?!" She slowly stopped and turned towards him, fire flashing in her eyes, making him take an involuntary step backward in self-preservation. Alas, all was in vain as she stepped forward, hissing dangerously.

"The question should be 'how can I stand you?' Inu Yasha! Don't be so jealous!" Hell, he had to defend his damned honour!

"If you can't stand me, then why don't you leave, bitch!" ...God damnit...he was seriously in deep shit now... She seethed, he could smell the anger in the air as she viciously snapped the word which was his most hated enemy...

"SIT!"


I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say.
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be.
But if you'll wait around awhile, I'll make you fall for me,
I promise you, I promise you I will.



Oh, how he hated the taste of dirt... Kagome sat fuming near the crackling fire, the anger illuminated in her eyes by the licking tongues of flame. Inu Yasha felt a chill crawling up his spine, earning a faint shiver. He detested when she was mad, it made him hate himself for making her angry. Eventually her rigid shoulders lost their tension and her face relaxed in the firelight. It was then that he inched hesitantly closer. Taking a deep breath, he was about to apologize before he was cut off by Kagome speaking.

"I'm sorry Inu Yasha...I shouldn't have yelled at you like that...I really didn't mean it."


When your day is through, and so is your temper,
You know what to do, I'm gonna always be there.
Sometimes if I shout, it's not what's intended.
These words just come out, with no gripe to bear.



Taking up his haughty air once more, he folded his arms into the sleeves of his haori, crossing his legs comfortably beneath him.

"Feh...don't let it happen again, wench..." He mumbled, even though they both knew he didn't mean it in a hurtful manner. His voice almost held a teasing tone, which made Kagome smile brightly at him. With a soft giggle, she wrapped her arms about his torso, burying her face into his shoulder. A faint tinge of crimson spread across his cheeks as one arm slid from his sleeves to drape comfortably over her shoulder.


I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say.
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be.
But if you'll wait around awhile, I'll make you fall for me,
I promise you, I promise you...



He couldn't even begin to describe how right it felt to hold Kagome like this. He smiled inwardly, thinking that it wasn't so bad being soft every so often. Hell knew how much he wanted to hold the female from the future like this. His damn pride was always in the way. Gilded optics glanced down towards her, hearing her breathing evening out into sleep. For the world he couldn't stop himself from dropping a tender kiss on her forehead, making sure the other group members were asleep first.


I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say.
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be.
And if I had to walk the world, I'd make you fall for me,
I promise you, I promise you I will.



He sagged against a rock carefully, trying his best to not wake the precious girl that had gotten beneath his skin using plain defiance. Amber eyes slid to the starry sky, replaying every event that the two companions had been through together. Unknowingly, his lips curved in a small smile. He loved this girl from the future... The sudden urge to wake her with fiery kisses and mumble his revelation against her lips consumed him, but he barely fought off the urge.


I gotta tell you, I gotta tell you, I need to tell you...


He sighed. Slowly, he reached a decision to tell the gorgeous miko at a later date...when they weren't near the short-tempered slayer, the pint-sized annoyance or the lecherous houshi... Yes...soon he would tell her his secret...soon...