InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Wanted to Make a Long Title That Had No Real Connection to the Story and Here It Is ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is a Lord of the Rings Crossover with Inuyasha. If you still don't get that after reading the first paragraph, stop reading, because you'll have no idea what happens. On a side note, this was just an impulse story and the only way I'll continue is if I get five reviews on this site or FanFiction, then I'll make another chapter and the same will go for each progressing chapter. Not sure what pairing yet, don't ask.
 
Chapter 1
 
“Never put it on, for then the agents of the Dark Lord will be drawn to its power...Always remember, Frodo, the ring is trying to get back to its master...it wants to be found.” Gandalf spoke to Frodo, before wheels his horse and gallops away.
 
As soon as Gandalf was out of sight of the hobbits, another rider in black came up and rode next to him. “Was it wise to leave two small ones to themselves? Any number of enemies could come up and take it.”
 
“That's why, my dearest confident, I ask you to follow them.” He told the rider.
 
“And I'm guessing you're asking because I'm the only one who is near and able to make a difference at this point?”
 
“Of course.”
 
“Fine, but only because you are my most trusted.”
 
“Thank you very much. Remember to say out of the way and only interfere if it is absolutely necessary.”
 
“What else am I going to do?”
 
“Goof off.”
 
“When have I ever goofed off during something really important?” Gandalf gave the rider a bland look.
 
“Ok, there was those couple times. Regardless, I'll see you at the Prancing Pony.”
 
“Incase something happens, find Strider. He can help.”
 
“What am I going to do then?”
 
“Just listen to me.”
 
“Fine, whatever Old Man.” The rider turned their horse around and galloped silently to the hobbits.
 
“Good luck, Kagome.” The elderly wizard mumbled to himself.
 
 
Frodo and Sam had been walking for a good part of the day while Kagome rode along in the forest. Deep enough not to be seen, but close enough to still see them.
 
“If I take one more step it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been.” Sam stopped walking and told Frodo. Frodo patted him on the shoulder.
 
“Come on, Sam.” When Sam began to walk again his friend spoke once more. “Remember what Bilbo used to say...it's a dangerous business…”
 
Kagome followed, still listening to the conversation with half an ear while she went through with scenarios of what Gandalf could have meant by, `Incase something happens'. He must know that something's going to happen. He had that look on his face. Our meeting is going to be delayed for a while longer, I con feel it.
 
The three were walking again the next day with Kagome outside Farmer Maggots' field seeing that they had no where else the hobbits could go, they would meet up again with out the hobbits even knowing. Kagome had been walking at an unrushed path when she heard a bunch of yelling and then a loud crashing know. She jumped off her horse and went to see if anything was wrong taking a dagger out of her pocket just in case, and hid behind a tree.
 
Two more hobbits? One of the new ones spoke, “That was close.” Frodo stood up and looked around quickly as if expecting something to pop out at them.
 
The other new hobbit groaned. “Ow...I think I've broken something.” And he pulled out a carrot from behind his back. “Oh.”
 
Sam got up and faced the new ones. “Trust a Brandybuck and a Took.”
 
The second one had a rebuttal. “What? That was just a detour… a shortcut.”
 
Sam spoke back to him. “A shortcut to what?”
 
New hobbit number one suddenly yelled his discovery, “Mushrooms!” Everyone except Frodo rushed over to the mushrooms and started picking them.
 
Frodo instead looked down the road and Kagome did the same getting a feeling that something. Luckily Frodo had the same idea and spoke up. “I think we should get off the road.” No one listened to him so he tried again with more urgency, “Get off the rode!” While the hobbits went and hid under a log, Kagome went off and found her horse and rode off a good distance not to be seen. She jumped off her horse and went closer. When she was close enough to see what was going on, she jumped into a tree and watched the hobbits and the Black Rider with a careful eye. Please let them stay still and quiet. Still and quiet please! No don't put it on! Frodo, that's really stupid don't put it on! It looks like I might be making an appearance before scheduled. She took out her dagger again and was preparing to jump down when Sam threw the bag of mushrooms off and the rider went after it. And the hobbits made a break for it.
 
All five ran for it, Kagome reaching her horse first and going to find the hobbits once again. She got there in time to hear Frodo tell the two new hobbits that they needed to get to Bree. “Right...Buckleberry Ferry...follow me!” The new hobbit told the others and they all ran in the direction of the river.
 
The lead Ring Wraith screeched. And more of them came up and started running for the small traveling group. I can at least stop a couple of them from getting Frodo, but they're on their own from there. I can meet them in Bree. When I'm done here.
 
Kagome headed for the Ring Wraiths and got in the way of their horses causing some of them to stop. Unfortunately one of them still got through and headed for the Halflings. Hope they can deal with one of `um. “Hi boys, sorry but your advancement is stopped hear do to unfair numbers.” Of course they have to look at me like I'm some kinda dingbolt. “That means turn around and go home, or I'll stop any further advances you make on the playing field.” The only answer she got was the shrill shriek of the Leader in the distance. That means that he either caught Frodo or lost him. And I'm gonna hope it's the latter. All of the Ring Wraiths turned around and fled from the clearing. Kagome, mildly depressed that there wasn't going to be a fight, shrugged and started heading for the body of water that the hobbits were on so she could get to the Prancing Pony.
 
Half and hour later she did reach it, and stood before the gates with a scowl on her face because it started to rain. The man opened up the peep hole and started his interrogation. “What a thing like you doing outside at this time of night.”
 
“Wanting to get into the Prancing Pony.” She replied getting more irritated about standing outside for so long.
 
“Alright, btu be cure to tie up your horse outside.” He told her opening up the door for her.
 
“What else am I gonna do? Shove it up your ass?” She muttered darkly to her self leading the horse in through the gate. After tying up the horse she went inside the building that had the Prancing Pony sign above the door and immediately rung out her black hair off all the excess water. While doing the trying task she walked over to Butterbur, “Is the wizard here.”
 
“Not tonight Miss.” He replied wiping off another glass and placing it back on the self. “But the Ranger is.” Kagome quickly nodded her head and thanked the man before heading to the corner of the room that was most deserted. Finding the man she was looking for she sat down across from him and took his pipe and started smoking it.
 
“You're getting old.”
 
“As are you.” The pipe-less Ranger told her.
 
“At least I'm getting old with flare.” Strider looked at her like she was insane and she just shrugged as a retort. “Don't blame me for telling the truth.” After a while she went and adopted the same stance as her long time Ranger friend was sitting in before she got there next to him, switching the pipe between them back and forth. After half an hour Kagome suddenly spoke, “They're here.” Seconds later, the four hobbits walked into the tavern.
 
I could say something long and boring, but I did that in the beginning. So all I'm gonna say is vote for the pairing.
Bruce n' Charlie