InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Wanted to Make a Long Title That Had No Real Connection to the Story and Here It Is ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2
The hobbits entered the bar and shook themselves free of rain. Kagome and Strider sat and continued to watch the four like hawks, still stwiching the pipe back and forth. The Halflings kept talking about the drinks, pints and quarts, it was driving to two of them insane.
 
Then Frodo asked Butterbur about the pair sitting in the corner watching them intently. “He's one of them Rangers; they're dangerous folk they are, wandering the wilds. What his right name is, I never heard, but round here he's known as Strider. That girl's a complete mystery. She comes in here every once in a while, usually when the Ranger's here. She goes over to the corner, the two talk for a minute. On good days I've seen her still his pipe and do that thing that they're doing now, passing it back and forth. The only name I've heard him call her was Walker. The strangest bunch that ever comes into this bar, that's for sure.” Butterbur walked away muttering about weird people coming into his tavern and sitting there all day long.
 
Finally there was a distraction. Albeit not a good one, but a distraction none the less. New hobbit number one talking to some men at the bar. “Baggins? Sure, I know a Baggins...he's over there...” Both Rangers looked at each other like the hobbit was as insane as Kagome was. “Frodo Baggins. He's my second cousin once removed, on his mother's side and my third cousin twice removed on his father's side...if you follow me.”
 
Strider started to get up when Frodo stood up and loudly yelled, “Pippin!” and grabbed his sleeve. Great, now I have a name for a face. Pippin pushed Frodo away from him and Frodo slipped and fell. And miraculously, the ring landed on his finger, making a startled gasp start in the tavern. Once again both Rangers looked at each other and rushed towards the situation. Kagome grabbed Frodo when he reappeared, and Strider lead them upstairs to a private room. Sam, Merry, and Pippin all rushed upstairs after the three carrying their weapons of choice.
 
Strider went around snuffing out all the candles in the room. Kagome tossed Frodo onto the bed and she went to sit on the window sill. “You draw far too much attention to yourself, Mr. Underhill.” Strider finished snuffing out the candles and he lowered his hood.
 
“What do you want?” Frodo asked timidly.
 
“Well Stupid, we want a little more caution from you...that is no trinket you carry.” Kagome spoke up from her place on the window sill.
 
“This is my interrogation if you don't mind.”
 
“What interrogation? He asked the first question!” She cried standing up. Strider stood up to the challenge and was about to retort when the other three hobbits burst into the room.
 
“Let him go or I'll have you, Longshanks!” Kagome and Strider both relaxed and Kagome went and sat by the window again.
 
“Sam, you're really brave and all, but I think you're lacking in the force department.” Kagome said from her spot looking at all the small the people in the room. Strider nodded his head in agreement.
 
Later that night Kagome sat by the window watching the outside carefully. Suddenly there was a bunch of screeching in the room across from where everyone was lying.
 
Frodo sat up quietly and looked between the two rangers. Strider he could easily understand. The woman, Walker as Strider addressed her was a complete mystery. She has this really big sword that she carries around, it looks like it weighs a lot. Like a hundred pounds, but carries it like it's a normal sword. Always wearing that cloak. Always wearing black. Just a strange person in general. “What are they?”
 
“They were once men.” Strider started. “Great Kings of men. Then Sauron the
Deceiver gave to them Nine Rings of Power. Blinded by their greed they took them without question, one by one falling into darkness and now they are slaves to his will.”
 
Kagome started up from where he left off, “They are the Nazgul, Ringwraiths, neither living or dead. At all times they feel the presence of the ring...drawn to the power of the one..they will never stop hunting you.” Frodo looked between the two again. They really seemed to need some time to think now. And he laid down, thinking about all the information he'd been giving on what was chasing him.
 
 
“Where are you taking us?!” Frodo shouted from behind Kagome and Strider.
 
“To Rivendell! Isn't it wonderful, I haven't been there in many years!” Kagome called from up front.
 
“Couldn't you be a little bit quiter?” Strider asked his long time friend.
 
“Of course not! Who do you think I am? Gandalf?” The two started bickering again for the thousandth time today. It was really starting to dig a hole in Sam's nerves.
 
“How do we know that these…people, are friends of Gandalf?” Merry voiced the question that had been on his mind for hours now.
 
“We really only have to trust them.” Frodo told him.
 
 
“Gentlemen, we do not stop until nightfall.” Strider told the group that was setting up for breakfast.
 
“But what about breakfast?” Pippin asked.
 
“You've already had it.”
 
“We've had one yes…but what about Second Breakfast?” Strider Turned away and started walking again.
 
“Strider, they're hobbits.”
 
“And?”
 
“Do you not know how much they eat?”
 
“I know plenty well, but we can't afford to waste any time.”
 
Back with the hobbits…
 
“I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.” Merry told him while packing up all the cooking supplies.
 
“What about Elvenses, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, dinner...he knows about them, doesn't he?”
 
“Wouldn't count on it.” Sudden the hobbits were pelted with a bunch of apples, and if you listened closely you could hear some insane giggling and a large sigh.
 
 
At Weather Top that evening the hobbits were left alone. But only one was sleeping even though it was way past midnight, but then again, people never stay asleep for long. “What are you doing?!”
 
“Tomatoes, sausages, and crispy bacon.”
 
“We saved some for you, Mr. Frodo.” Sam said showing a plate to Frodo.
 
“Put it out, you fools! Put it out!” Frodo cried stomping on the fire to put it out.
 
“Oh, that's nice...ash on my tomatoes!” Merry commented to Frodo as his food was ruined. A sudden shriek filled the air and five Ring Wraiths started coming up the hill for the four hobbits. When the reached the top Merry, Sam, and Pippin around surrounded around Frodo and the Riders surrounded them. All three a forced away from Frodo, and in the heat of the moment puts on the ring, stupidly. In his alternate universe he saw the ghost of all the riders and the King came up and asked for the ring. When Frodo didn't give it to him, he stabbed Frodo in the chest. Frodo then takes off the ring and cries out in pain.
 
Kagome and Strider appear on the top of Weather Top. Kagome seeing that the numbers would be easy to handle, calls to Strider, “Take care of Frodo!” Strider nods and runs to Frodo and knelt down beside him.
 
Kagome took the large sword off her back and swiped her hand across the top on the flat side. The type of glove she was wearing had something akin to gas and if it had a fire would light easily. But the gloves were very hard to work with sometimes, she got third degree burn once and had to convince Strider that is was necessary that she keep the gloves. Now was the time that it did come in handy. She ran her glove over the under side of the sword also and dropped in the fire, and the sword came to life.
 
Spreading her feet apart so she could move around and have leverage, she swung her sword in a wide circle being mindful of her other companions. After injuring the Wraiths slightly they started to dissipate leaving all her companions one the side. Kagome quickly extinguished the fire on her sword by drenching her other hand in water the she pored from a canteen she had in her bag. She swiped her hand across the top and bottom of her blade again getting rid of the flame. She hurriedly put the sword back onto her back, and dropped to her knees by Strider.
 
“He's been stabbed by a Morgul blade.” He told her. Oh, well, crap.
 
Vote for the pairings now or next chapter, cause I can't keep the neutral thing going on long. Thanks for reading!
Bruce `n Charlie