InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Wanted to Make a Long Title That Had No Real Connection to the Story and Here It Is ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3
 
Sam had never been more worried in his life. His best friend and Master had been stabbed by something that disappeared went you took it out! Not good! “Do something!” He shouted to the rangers.
 
“This is beyond both our skills to heal.” Kagome stood up and helped Strider put Frodo on his back. “We need to get him to Rivendell, he needs Elvish medicine.” She commented when Frodo was safe.
 
“But Rivendell is still days away! We'll never make it in time.”
 
“Trust us Sam,” Kagome said turning towards the frightened hobbit, “we're professionals. And besides, Gandalf would have our heads if we let the young Master turn to the dark side.”
 
“Let's go!” Strider called out. All of them started at a quick pace down the mountain and towards the Elvish city.
 
 
“Is he going to die?” Pippin asked looking over the alarmingly pale hobbit.
 
“No. He is passing into the shadow world; he will soon become a wraith like them.” Strider told him. A shrill cry in the distance alerted the group to the Wraith's presence. “Sam! Do you know the Athelas plant?”
 
“Athelas?”
 
“He means Kingsfoil.” Kagome told him from a ways off looking to where the cry had come from.
 
“Aye, Kingsfoil, it's a weed.”
 
“It'll help slow the poison. Hurry!” Strider called following Kagome as they both went and looked for the healing plant.
 
“This wouldn't have happened if you'd have finished your business sooner you know.” Kagome said bending down to look at the plant growth. Strider came and knelt next to her.
 
“You could have finished sooner, and then I would have been done faster.” They both found the Athelas plant and took out a dagger to cut it with.
 
“Don't you go and blame this on me. Men are supposed to be fast with that kinda thi-”
 
“What's this? Two rangers, caught off their guard. And one of them has a very big sword.” A sword was at their throats, keeping them from moving. Until the person commented on Kagome's sword.
 
“I'd thank you very much no to go around dissing my sword Arwen.” Kagome told her friend standing up.
 
“What fun would that be?” The two women hugged after not seeing each other for a couple years. After the two had said their hellos, Strider took them both back to the campsite. Kagome walked off to talk to the hobbits. Strider talked to Arwen about Frodo while Kagome tended Frodo with the Kingsfoil.
 
“He's fading...he's not gong to last. We must get him to my father.”
 
“Where are you taking him?” Pippin spoke from his place on the ground.
 
“She is the only one who can help Frodo right now.” Kagome told him. She was also sitting on the ground, acting like she didn't care, looking at her nails. Pippin looked at her like she was dismissing the most important thing in the world.
 
“There are five Wraiths behind you, where the other four are, I do not know.” Arwen said while Strider put Frodo on the horse.
 
“Stay with the hobbits...I'11 send horses for you.” Strider told her in Elvish.
 
I'll take him. I'm the faster rider.” Arwen told him grabbing the reins.
 
“She's got you there Stride.” Spoke Kagome listening in on the conversation. Strider gave her a bland look before trying to get Arwen to let him take Frodo.
 
“The road is too dangerous.”
 
“If I can cross the river, the power of my people can protect him.” Strider still didn't look convinced. “I do not fear them.”
 
“Arwen...ride hard, don't look back.” He told her when she got on the horse. She nodded back to him. On her way shared a quick wave Kagome and rode off.
 
Seconds later Kagome stood up. “Well, now that that's settled, we can head out at a normal pace.”
 
“It was normal. Only speed up a bit.”
 
“A bit?! Yeah right! Only a horse could travel that fast.”
 
“Then you must be a horse.”
 
“Does that mean you're calling me fat?”
 
“No comment.”
 
“Wrong choice pal.” Kagome sated walking off in the direction Arwen rode. The remaining hobbits gave Strider a sorry look and quietly followed Kagome. Strider paled thinking about having an upset woman on his hands.
 
 
 
Several days later Frodo woke up with Kagome and Gandalf having a conversation on the other side of the room.
 
“It's not my fault. He called me fat!”
 
“Not really Kagome.”
 
“He called me a horse, and horses are fat.” Gandalf shook his head and looked towards the bed where Frodo was laying.
 
That's when Frodo chose to talk. “Where am I?”
 
“I let you handle this. I'm gonna go find Strider.” Gandalf nodded at her decision and answered Frodo.
 
“You are in the House of Elrond, and it is ten o'clock in the morning on October the twenty-fourth, if you want to know.”
 
Frodo just had a jolt of remembrance when he saw who was talking to him. “Gandalf!”
 
“Yes, I'm here and you're lucky to be here, too. A few more hours and you would have been beyond our aid. You have some strength in you, my dear Hobbit.” Gandalf told him standing up and looking at the hobbit on the bed.
 
 
Kagome left Frodo's room with one thing on her mind, finding Strider. He called her fat and he was gonna say he was sorry no matter what she had to do to him. After almost an hours searching (Rivendell was quite the large city!) she found him over looking the hobbits Frodo and Sam.
 
“Hey! I got a bone to pick with you!” She called quietly not wanting to disrupt the hobbits sentimental moment, it wasn't going to last long anyway. Strider looked towards her and paled. He tried to get up, but all his attempts were futile, she had him cornered.
 
“Yeah?” He croaked out almost silently. Kagome took the seat next to him and made herself comfortable.
 
“You need to say that you're sorry.” She told him haughtily.
 
“Alright, I'm sorry.”
 
“Thanks, that makes me feel better. Now that we have that settled, it's time for dinner!” She cried standing up. Pulling Strider with her, she then grabbed his hand like a sister would a brother trying to get her something she wanted.
 
Strider followed without complaint and soon they were at the kitchen. After a quick meal, both were full and we out in search of other people. Strider went off to go find someone else to talk to because he was just sick and tired of listening to Kagome. Kagome on the other hand, went in search of Elrond's two sons, so they could reap havoc on the general population.
 
After another long period of searching she was just about to give up! Rivendell con not seriously be this big! Suddenly she heard a crashing sound and the scampering of feet. Yes! Targets locked! She quickly found which corner they would be turning and stood there awaiting their arrival. The footsteps got closer and closer, and also get faster a frustrated scream echoed through the corridor. Elladan and Elrohir suddenly turned the corner and almost crashed into Kagome.
 
The twins skidded to a halt once they saw that someone watched them run away. The person had to know that they were guilty of something, yet said person didn't even try and stop them. Turning around they saw their long time friend, just standing there silently laughing at them. Even though she wasn't actually laughing, you could see the mirth in her eyes.
 
“Elladan, Elrohir.” She nodded at them with a large girl on her face.
 
“Kagome!” They yelled simultaneously. The twins ran up to her and gave her a hug. Luckily she didn't have the humongous sword that she carried around all the time with her, or else they would have been stabbed and gutted.
 
“What are you doing here?” Elrohir asked pulling her to arms length away.
 
“I was bringing in the new shipment, but since we've gotten here I've had absolutely nothing to do.” She said with an evil glint in her eye.
 
“I have no clue what we can do that.” Elladan said grinning largely at his brother and friend.
 
“I do think that Figwit needs a visit from us today.” Kagome said pulling on their hands around the opposite corner so that the twins wouldn't get into trouble, but they could get their task complete.
 
Forty-five minutes later the troublesome three were running down the hallway laughing like maniacs when a scream echoed through out the entire city, “KAGOME!!!” The three continued to laugh but ran away from any signs of trouble.
 
It's been officially decided that this will be a Legolas/Kagome pairing. Have a good day and enjoy life to its fullest.
Bruce n' Charlie