InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Wanted to Make a Long Title That Had No Real Connection to the Story and Here It Is ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4
 
Kagome, Elladan, and Elrohir all sat in front of Elrond's desk awaiting their punishment. Figwit was currently guarding the door that they couldn't leave. Of course if they really wanted to leave they could, they would jump out the window and avoid all the people that would be able to actually punish them. Mostly Gandalf, and Strider, and Elrond, and maybe Figwit. But they wanted to get the bad part of the day over with so that they could go around torturing innocent people again.
 
The door opened slowly and Elrond walked in followed by Figwit. All three were surprised when Figwit walked in. They could tell Elrond what happened just fine with out any assistance. Figwit would most likely try and make it seem like they did something worse than they actually did.
 
Elrond sat behind his desk and Figwit sat in a chair to the left. Elrond looked over the troublemakers and finally spoke. “This is very interesting. I was just about to go looking for you Kagome when Figwit came running up to me, and he looked less than pleased. But when he told me that you three were scheming again I decided to come and see what your minds came up with this time.”
 
“Well, you see I was bored and went in search of the twins so I could have something to do, when I found them they were running from the scene of a crime and I just had to help them get away.” Kagome told him. Trying to act truthful really just wasn't her thing. She did help them get away, but that was only the first part of the story. “After we vacated the area, we started walking and talking about all that's happened to us over the past several years. While we were talking we came across Figwit sleeping in his room. And we decided to pay him a little visit. So we quietly snuck in and got all the preparations. If Figwit would take off the make-up we know he's wearing and take out the hair band that he's wearing, you will see what we did.” She decided to just forgo the whole lying aspect of the tale. This way Figwit can't get anymore more mad than he already is.
 
“And it was all Kagome's idea.” Elrohir said smirking proudly from his place to the left of Kagome.
 
“But Elrohir, you're the one who shave off his eyebrows.” Elrond's eyes widened at the statement and turned towards Figwit expectantly. Figwit sighed and regrettably took a cloth that he kept with him and slowly wiped off the area where his eyebrows were. Elrond was completely shocked at what he saw. There were traces of eyebrows, but no actual hair there in the spot.
 
“But Lady Kagome, it was you who colored his lips and eye lids with the permanent marker.” Elladan spoke from his place on her opposite side.
 
“Elladan, could you have forgotten that you gave him the go tee?”
 
Elrond once again looked shocked and turned towards Figwit again. Figwit sighed and took the cloth over his entire face revealing what had happened to him earlier that day. Kagome suddenly got up startling Elrond, and she headed for her target. If the were going to get punishment for what they did, they would go down with pride. She stood behind Figwit and grabbed his hair band. Holding the end several inches so they wouldn't fall onto the floor, she pulled off the hair tie quickly.
 
After several minutes of shock, self-esteem, and humiliation, Elrond decided to give the punishment. “The three of you will not be able to attend the meeting that's to take place tomorrow, after dinner, at my council stage. Is he just asking for me to come?
 
“Ok!” The twins spoke at the same time, “It's not like we wanted to go anyways.” And the two almost skipped out of the room, off to the no good Elrond secretly thought. Contrary to popular belief, he did not actually reprimand his sons from pulling pranks on people. And usually he gave the targets for them to hit. But when Kagome was there, they hit the targets he wanted without even telling them. So the punishment was never really bad, only in the case of extreme injury, besides, Figwit looked good with short hair.
 
 
“Strangers from distant lands ... friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite...or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate...this one doom...” Elrond called over his entire council, trying to gain their attention.
 
Frodo sat there eyeing the crowd of many people, until Elrond called to him. “Bring forth the ring, Frodo.” Frodo stepped forward and the ring on the stone table, after setting it down, he gave a look to Elrond and went and took his seat.
 
“So it is true!” A human commented from the opposite side of Elrond. This human had shoulder length red hair, and carried the seal of Gondor on his armor.
 
“Sauron's Ring! The ring of power!” An elf said from the side, fairly close to Strider. The elf had long blond hair and blue eyes. A circlet was placed on his head signifying some type of importance to the world of Middle Earth.
 
“The doom of man.” Spoke a dwarf that was sitting closely to the elf. The dwarf was a scruffy thing barely taller than the hobbits themselves.
 
“It is a gift...a gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, held the forces of Mordor at bay...by the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy...let us use it against him!” The human spoke again trying to get the council into giving him the ring for Gondor. Kagome silently scoffed at him behind the pillar she was standing behind. Selfish humans, only always thinking of themselves.
 
Strider stood up, informing the other human of the actual power of the one ring. “You cannot wield it. None of us can. The one ring answers to Sauron alone...it has no other master.”
 
The human turned at looked coldly at Strider, not believing a word he said. “And what would a Ranger know of this matter?”
 
The elf, apparently outraged at what the human said stood up and spoke loudly at first, but then going quieter as he finished what he was saying. “This is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance.”
 
The human looked out right shocked. And he should be, that's my friend he's talking to. Though… that elf is really hot. “Aragorn? This is Isildur's heir?” He question.
 
“And heir to the throne of Gondor.”
 
Havo dad, Legolas...” Aragorn (hurray! Now I can type Aragorn, I've been trying to not do that for so long, it's really nice) put his hand on Legolas' shoulder. Almost silently trying to get him to sit down. Legolas nodded and sat, being the good friend that he is.
 
“Gondor needs no king.” The human told the council.
 
“Aragorn is right...we cannot use it.” Gandalf said wisely from his chair next to Frodo. Frodo looked distressed at the growing conflict and started to get uncomfortable with all the people around him.
 
Elrond nodded at Gandalf's statement and gained the attention of the council once again by saying “You have only one choice... the ring must be destroyed.” The ring started to hum, further irritating Frodo and engaging him with a headache.
 
The scruffy dwarf suddenly stood and grabbed an ax conveniently placed at his side, “Well, what are we waiting for?” He swung the ax down and it shattered as soon as it hit the ring. The dwarf fells and landed on his butt. He as distressed as Frodo did at the point in time after seeing the `All Seeing Eye'. Why didn't we think of that before?! Kagome thought sarcastically to her self shaking her head at the stupidity of the dwarf.
 
“The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess. The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom...only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor, and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this.” And we shale call the stupid, scruffy looking dwarf Gimli! Kagome silently proclaimed to the heavens above her, raising her hands into the air. The entire council is speechless for a couple seconds until the human spoke.
 
“One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust...the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.” That's a way to dampen the mood.
 
Legolas spoke next, almost enraged, “Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The ring must be destroyed!”
 
“And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?” Gimli said standing up.
 
“And if we fail, what then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?” The human said.
 
“I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf!” Gimli yelled starting an argument with Legolas. When Gimli out right insulted the elves the entire council got up and started bickering with each other. That's almost like what happens with me an Aragorn, except we fight over things like his pipe, and tea. Frodo looked completely paralyzed when he saw the vision the `All Seeing Eye'.
 
Suddenly the Halfling jumped out of his seat and quietly said, “I will take it...” no one heard him the first time, so he said it louder, and with more confidence, “I will take it...I will take the Ring to Mordor.” The room became deathly silent to the point where you could hear a pin drop. “Though I do not know the way.” He said, once again speaking quietly.
 
Gandalf rose from his seat and stood before him, “I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear.” That's the kinda support I want when I go off and do stupid things.
 
Aragorn too rose from his chair and knelt before the hobbit, “ If, by my life or death, I can protect you, I will… you have my sword.”
 
“And you have my bow.” Legolas said stepping forward, stopping in front of Frodo also.
 
“And my axe.” Great, he's gonna go around with some scruffy looking dwarf for a while. Sounds like fun! Not!
 
“You carry the fate of us all little one,” he pauses for a moment and looks at Elrond, turning back to the hobbit he finished, “If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done.”
 
“Here!” Sam called from behind a bush. “Mr. Frodo's not gong anywhere without me.” He said proudly standing beside his master.
 
“No, Indeed...” Elrond spoke to him, “it is hardly possible to separate you...even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not.”
 
Merry suddenly appeared from behind a pillar, “Oi! We're coming too! You'll have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us.” Pippin followed Merry to where the council was standing.
 
“Anyway...” Pippin said, “You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing...”
 
“Well, that rules you out Pip.” Elrond looks at the companions and was about to call the meeting adjourned when he suddenly had a thought.
 
“I would like to recommend someone for this quest. Though she may not be here, which I highly doubt she isn't, I shall request Kagome to come along with you.” Figwit paled, and Aragorn sighed rubbing his forehead thinking of all the headaches to come.
 
“So that means there's a chance that I can't go?” Kagome asked stepping out from behind the pillar that Merry and Pippin were hiding behind.
 
“No, not really, I want you to leave.” Elrond told her honestly. He had two trouble making twins to watch after; he didn't need their long lost triplet along for the ride.
 
“Fine, I'll go.” She said standing next to Aragorn. When Elrond was bringing the council to a close she leaned over to talk with the Ranger. “So, later today, do you want to play tag with Elrohir, Elladan and me?” Aragorn just shook his head no and rubbed his temples, `It's going to be a long trip.' He thought. Unfortunately, he was also right.
 
Muhahaha! I have another chapter done. I'm happy! Have a good night, my fellow fanfiction addicts!
Bruce n' Charlie