InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Wanted to Make a Long Title That Had No Real Connection to the Story and Here It Is ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5
 
“Get away from the blade, Pippin...on your toes...good, very good...I want you to react, not think.” Boromir said giving Merry and Pippin a lesson with the blades. Both hobbits were doing extraordinarily well with the help. Even Aragorn and Kagome were inputting their share of information from off to the side.
 
“Move your feet.” Aragorn called to the hobbits.
 
“Quite good, Pippin.” Merry told his friend giving him an approving nod when Pippin looked over to him.
 
“Thanks.”
 
Gimli was sitting off to the side fairly close to Gandalf smoking a pipe. Looking at the hobbits, he decided to give his opinion in what direction they should go in. “If anyone were to ask for my opinion, which I note they have not,”
 
“That would be because no one wants your opinion you Dwarf.” Kagome said standing up and walking over to go sit by Gandalf.
 
Gimli looked offended for a moment before he realized who he was talking to, “And no one asked you, you stupid Ranger.” Kagome flat out looked appalled, and Aragorn turned around startled that a fellow of the fellowship would accuse another fellow of the fellowship of being stupid. Not to mention that he insulted a fellow ranger. “I would say we are taking the long way round. Gandalf, we can pass through the Mines of Moria. My cousin, Balin, would give us a royal welcome.”
 
“No, Gimli. I would not take the road through Moria unless I had no other choice.” Gandalf said not wanting to take the path of the Mines for reasons that he didn't want to disclose with the fellowship.
 
Meanwhile, Boromir kinked Pippin on the hand. Pippin, in his moment of pain throws down his sword and lunged at Boromir, Merry following his example.
 
Legolas stood off to the side watching a dark cloud more across the sky. Sam saw it and decided to ask, “What is that?”
 
“Nothing… it's just a wisp of cloud.” Gimli said from where he was sitting, throwing Sam's comment out the window like it didn't matter.
 
Boromir looked up and put in his two cents. “It's moving fast...against the wind.”
 
“Crebain from Dunland!” Legolas called.
 
“Hide!” Kagome quickly said trying to hide any traces that they were there. Once everyone was hidden, there was a croak from the sky above them, and then the birds swarmed away towards the south.
 
“Spies of Saruman. The passage South is being watched.” Gandalf said getting up from his place in hiding. He looked at Aragorn and Kagome, hating to make this decision, but if the south was watched, then it was the only choice. “We must take the pass of Caradhras!” Kagome threw her hand up to her face and hoping that was he said was only a dream. Opening her eyes again, she found they were still in the clearing… with the entire fellowship looking at her strangely.
 
“What? I was hoping it was a dream. I hate the mountains.” She told them shrugging and putting her sword back on her back and she headed towards the mountains, walking fairly slowly so the rest of the fellowship could catch up. Eventually they did and their trip up the mountain was pretty uneventful.
 
When the hobbits walked up the mountain they tripped a lot because the snow was up to their waists, so it was understandable. Frodo tripped the most often, and after he tripped one too many times, the ring fell off the chain. Frantically trying to find it, he searched his clothes and looked around before seeing Boromir behind him, holding the ring in his hand.
 
Aragorn, Frodo and Boromir stood their for a couple seconds before Aragorn called out, “Boromir?”
 
He was still motionless for a moment, but then he did speak, “It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing...such a little thing.”
 
Aragorn, not trusting Boromir at this moment moved his hand towards the hilt of his sword, not wanting to have him turn on them now. “Boromir...give the ring to Frodo.” He spoke quietly.
 
“As you wish. I care not.” He said giving Frodo back the ring. Frodo took it quickly, putting it back around his neck. Boromir passed Frodo, on his way scuffling his hair, and Aragorn took his hand off the sword.
 
Kagome came by and started walking by her friend, “You do know I could have taken care of it if he decided to turn, right?”
 
“Yes,” he answered quietly, “I just wanted to be safe.”
 
“Whatever.” She sighed and walked ahead to talk with Frodo.
 
 
 
The fellowship trudged through waist deep snow. Gandalf leading, making a path with his staff. Kagome was slightly behind him, holding Frodo so he wouldn't get lost. Aragorn held Sam, while Boromir was with Merry and Pippin. Gimli was on his own with this one.
 
“There is a fowl voice in the air.” Legolas said urgently standing on top of the snow, looking out into the sky. Turning back to the wizard, he saw Kagome sending him a death glare, he gulped and looked away from her, not want find out what that glare promised.
 
“It's Saruman.” Gandalf yelled.
 
“He's trying to bring down the mountain. Gandalf! We must turn back!” Aragorn called from his place behind Kagome.
 
“Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho I ruith. Sleep Caradhras, be still, lie still, hold your wrath.” Gandalf tried to stop the mountain from having anymore avalanches, but it only seemed to aggravate it more.
 
“We must get off the mountain! Make for the gap of Rohan and take the West road to my city.” Boromir called.
 
“The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard.” Kagome told him, “We'll be seen.”
 
“We cannot pass over the mountain. Let us go under it. Let us go through the mines of Moria.” Gimli stated from the back. Gandalf didn't want to make a wrong choice and be the cause of death of one of the fellowship members, so he decided to let Frodo decide.
 
“Let the ring bearer decide.” Frodo didn't look to sure for a minute so Gandalf called out again. “Frodo?”
 
“We will go through the mines.” He said uncertainly.
 
“So be it.” Gandalf looked more stressed in that moment more so than he had looked when she had set a couple of houses on fire, Kagome noted, There has to be something he's not telling us.
 
 
“The walls of Moria!” Gimli spoke loudly, causing everyone to look at the cliff. Kagome looked confused at Aragorn and shrugged; he shook his head and looked towards the cliff once more.
 
“Itidin...it mirrors only starlight and moonlight.” Gandalf told her, sensing her confusion.
 
“Of course, that's what it always is.” She said sarcastically, nodding her head and crossing her arms over her chest. Aragorn shook his head at her once more and she stuck her tongue out at him.
 
“It reads, `The door of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter.'”
 
“What do you suppose that means?” Merry asked confused at what the door said.
 
“It's quite simple. If you are a friend, speak the password and the doors will open.” Gandalf told the hobbit. His raised his arms and spoke loudly, “Annon edhellen, edro hi ammen!”
 
“I don't think that worked Gandalf.” Kagome said from off to the side when the doors didn't open. Aragorn just put the palm of his hand on his forehead and rubbed, it was going to be a long evening.
 
 
 
Fortunately, they had finally gotten inside without anyone getting killed by the huge octopus looking thing and the falling rocks at the entrance; unfortunately, they had gotten stuck at another place when Gandalf couldn't figure which tunnel to take. So while Gandalf tried to remember, the fellowship sat around doing nothing, knowing that it could take a very, long, time.
 
Kagome went off and sat by herself smoking a pipe and watching the darkness. Legolas looked over to where she was and shrugged. The worst that could happen was she wouldn't answer his question, and she'd make him go sit some where else. Making his final decision, he sat down, determined to get some answers.
 
Kagome only looked towards the elf as he sat, but then looked forward again to start her examination of the darkness. “Do you hate me?” That wasn't quite what she was expecting, but it was better than it could have been.
 
“No, not completely, I just highly dislike you sometimes.” She responded still smoking the pipe she had taken from Aragorn earlier that day.
 
“May I ask why?” He asked turning towards her. She suddenly got upset.
 
“You're just! I don't know!” She let out a frustrated groan, not sure how to explain it. “You're just too elfy sometimes! You can walk on the snow and a puddle of mud, but not get dirty! It's not fair I tell you! It's not fair!” She shouted throwing her arms up in the air and standing, gaining the attention of the most the fellowship. Frodo and Gandalf only sparred a glance before returning to their private conversation.
 
“That's the only reason?” Frankly, Legolas was appalled. That was the only reason why she didn't like him? They spent so much time and energy throwing glares at each other and standing away from each other because he was too elfy?
 
“Yup! Pretty much!” Kagome replied happily returning to her seat next to the elfy elf, glad to get that off her chest.
 
“You can't be serious.” He said.
 
“But I am, I really am.” She told him nodding.
 
“Ah! That it's that way!” Gandalf stood up and pointed to the right-hand tunnel.
 
“He's remembered!” Merry called relieved.
 
“No, but the air doesn't smell so foul down there. If in doubt, Meriadoc, always follow your nose!” Gandalf said leading the way again.
 
Once they were on the move again, Legolas and Kagome returned to their conversation, full force.
 
“So, because I can walk on mud and snow without getting dirty, you dislike me?”
 
“Yes, didn't you see that whenever I sent you glares it was when you were walking on something that would make any other species filthy?” Legolas pondered for a few moments, it was true. She sent him the worst of glares when they were on the mountain and he was walking ahead of the group on the snow. Then there was that time when there was that large puddle of mud in the road with no way around it. That was almost as bad as the mountain glare. The mud went up to everyone's knees and the hobbits waists and he just walked right over it. When Kagome decided to make everyone change he got sent the glare, hoping to never receive it again. But he did.
 
“That would make sense, I guess.” He commented following behind the group at a steady pace. Kagome only nodded to his logic.
 
Gimli looked to his left and saw a light shining through the door way that looked oddly familiar. After thinking for a couple minutes, Gimli suddenly remembered where he remembered the room from. He shared a cry and ran toward the room, the entire fellowship followed him, hoping to find out was wrong with their companion.
 
(((I'm way too lazy to write out this entire section, so here's the quick recap. Gimli finds tomb, cries. Gandalf finds and reads book. Pippin knocks head down well. Orcs start coming to attack them. That's what happens in this section.)))
 
Kagome was sitting on the end of Balin's tomb swinger her legs back and forth. “I'm guessing that the Boom noise was significant?” She asked innocently. Aragorn shook his head and walked up to her. He brought his hand up, curled in a fist as if making a motion to punch her instead; when she flinched away he bopped her on the head.
 
Frodo pulled out the tip of his sword and seeing it was blue. Legolas spoke from his place, “Orcs!”
 
“That would be it.” Kagome nodded her head and walked to where Legolas was standing in the back of the room. When Aragorn and Boromir were boarding up the door, Kagome and Legolas returned to their conversation.
 
“If I try and help you out of any further situations that involve mud or snow to not get dirty, can we call a temporary truce?” Legolas asked putting his hand out for her to shake if she did agree, with she probably would. For according to his logic, any attempt made by him to help keep her clean would get him on her good side.
 
Kagome considered the offer. As long as he did try and help to keep her clean, she wouldn't throw glares at him, or avoid him completely. “Maybe even longer than temporary.” She said smiling and nodded to his truce.
 
Aragorn brought them out of their stupidity induced trance. “Couldn't you two try and pay attention for a second, we have company.” He told them setting up his bow. Legolas followed his example. Kagome quickly picked up a bow conveniently placed on the floor by her and grabbed some arrows.
 
“If you hadn't noticed, that was the first time we've really talked.” She told him getting into her firing stance. In almost no time at all, arrows were shot through the door and the four (Kagome, Aragorn, Boromir and Legolas) fired back.
 
“And let me guess; now you two are the best of friends?” He questioned, only half paying attention to the conversation. He needed some sort of brain function to fight, and talking with Kagome usually lowered that.
 
“Never!” She cried dramatically shooting an orc through the head. “That place is reserved for you and you alone Strider. And besides we're only on a temporary truce.” She told him as too many Orcs come into to handle, and most had to resort to close combat.
 
Kagome took her sword over her head and cut an orc in half and another's arm behind him. When it hit the ground she made a quick survey of her surroundings to make sure that everyone was far enough away so that wouldn't get hit by her sword.
 
Legolas had backed up to create more space between him and his enemies and continued to shoot them with his arrows. Aragorn and Boromir stood off to the sides chopping off various limbs. Gandalf was using his staff and sword to defeat the Orcs around him, and Gimli was throwing axes in their heads taking them out, and repeating the process. Three of the hobbits were dodging the cave troll that kept swinging his club around.
 
Once she was sure that everyone was far enough away, she swung her sword about her and lopping off several heads. She turned was about to help Sam who being attacked until he hit the orc over the head with a frying pan, after hitting several more he spoke, mildly happily, “I think I'm getting the hang of this.” And continued to hit all the other ones that came his way. Kagome giggled until she turned to see Frodo calling Aragorn's name to come and help him with the troll. Behind her, Sam screamed seeing Frodo run through with a spear. Legolas, attempting to stop the fight quickly jumped on top of the troll and fired an arrow (a/n: don't quite remember where…) and the troll dropped dead. Aragorn rushed over to where Frodo appeared to be dead. But suddenly Frodo coughed and took a huge breathe.
 
“He's alive!” Sam cried.
 
“I'm alright. I'm not hurt.” He told him.
 
“You should be. That spear would've skewered a wild boar!” Kagome said whipping off her blade and putting it back on her back.
 
Gandalf nodded. “I think there's more to this hobbit than meets the eye.” Frodo opened his shirt and appeared the Mithril shirt.
 
“Mithril! You are full of surprised Master Baggins.” Gimli commented.
 
“Did you hear that?!” Asked Kagome. “It was the boom boom again!”
 
“To the bridge of Khazad-dum!” Gandalf said leading the group out of the chamber. “This way!” As they came to a large room, more and more goblins started filling up the space and soon they were surrounded. Just as everyone was getting ready to fight a large roar filled the air.
 
Kagome leaned to the person closest to her and asked a question, “You heard that? Right?” That person just happened to be Pippin, and he nodded. “That's good, for a minute there I thought I had an overactive imagination.” The goblins quickly left the way they came and the fellowship continued on to the bridge.
 
A large, creepy, fire made thing, with a whip in Kagome's words, appeared from a chasm. Aragorn lead the group to a large stairway. Looking to Gandalf he gets permission to lead them forward.
 
(((Once again I'm way too lazy to actually write any of this out, so during this short intermission, here's what happens. They cross the hole in the stairs, Gandalf fights off the Balrog and falls down, Frodo cries at the loss and is carried away by Boromir. And now they happen to do outside the mines.)))
 
As the hobbits fell to the ground feeling the loss of their greatest companion, Aragorn turned to Kagome, Legolas and Gimli. “Get them up.” He told them. Kagome went over to Pippin and Merry, having them stand, but Boromir decided to object.
 
“Give them a moment… for pity's sake!”
 
“By nightfall these hills will be swarming with Orcs!” Kagome said standing up for Aragorn. But she looked distressed to say the next part. “We must reach the woods of Lothlorien.” She said quietly.
 
Aragorn started looking around for Frodo, but when he didn't find him, he called out, and from a distance off, Frodo turned around with tears running down his cheeks with a devastated look on his face. Kagome walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder, “I'm sorry Frodo.” She said quietly. Shortly after, the fellowship, one member less, headed for the woods.
 
 
The good thing about writing a parody to Lotr is that when you don't remember what they really say, make it up! It saves time and money by using Geico Car Insurance. Sorry I really had to put that in there. Have a good day to all.
Bruce n' Charlie