InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Wanted to Make a Long Title That Had No Real Connection to the Story and Here It Is ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6
“Stay close, young hobbits... they say a Sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell... And are never seen again!”
“She's not so bad, Gimli.” Kagome said from in front of the dwarf.
“That's only because you've been here before, and she's already turned you. Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!”
When a new voice spoke, and most turned towards it. "The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark.” When a new voice filled the area, Kagome turned toward the speaker.
“Haldir!” Kagome cried, happy to see her friend again. When she made the move to go and hug him, arrows were pointed in her face. She just pushed them away before successfully reaching him, and pulling him into an embrace.
It's good to see you also Kagome.”
Why are you speaking in Elvish?”
Because most of them don't understand what we're talking about.”
Well they probably think that I'm talking about negotiations. So we can just stand here talking for a couple more seconds and tell them what you're gonna do to us.”
To you nothing, but if you travel with these people, and know they are good in heart, they may pass.”
Thanks, they'll probably appreciate that.”
Most people do.”
That's nice, but I want to know why arrows were pointed in my face, I technically live here.”
We'll talk about it another time; the Dwarf is starting to look at me funny.”
Does that mean you're afraid of a dwarf?” No answer. “Hey! Answer me!” No answer once again, he only continued to walk towards the rest of the fellowship.
“Aragorn! These woods are perilous. We should go back.” Gimli said trying to back out of the large amount of elfs pointing arrows in his face.
“You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back.”
“He's right Gimli. I got shot once because I tried to leave.” Kagome paused for a minute and looked thoughtful, "It kinda hurt." Kagome spoke from her place behind the elf.
“Come, she is waiting.”

“Nine there are, yet ten there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him.” She paused a minute before speaking agin. “...he has fallen into shadow.” Pausing again to look around the group she continued her monologue. “The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all...Yet hope remains while the company is true.”
Kagome stood there looking at all the changes that happened while she was away, until Galadriel spoke to her through her mind. “Kagome, what are you doing?”
“Not paying attention. What did you think?”
“After all these years, you still haven't wizened up some?”
“After all these years, did you think I was actually pay attention to what you were saying?”
“I guess I over estimated you.”
“Yup!”
“You are crazy.”
“Only for you Galadriel.”
After Galadriel finished her long and boring speech she turned to Aragorn and Kagome, “Come you two. I have something I wish to tell.” Turning towards the rest of the fellowship she spoke again. “They will show you to were you're going to sleep tonight.”
Kagome and Aragorn followed the Lady Elf up some more stairs, before she actually stopped.
“There is something I've needed to tell you two, but I never knew if you knew each other, or you were never in the same place for long. And now that you're both here it's the perfect time to tell you.” Kagome shrugged and sat down, picking at some food the was lying in a bowl on the table.
“Kagome, you've never known who your father is. Is that correct?” At her nod she continued. “Your father is Arathorn, which would make you half siblings.” Aragorn looked shocked, but Kagome sat there thinking for a moment, then she nodded her head.
“That would explain it.”
“Explain what?” Aragorn turned to his new found sister.
“Why you hate me.” She told him. Aragorn tried to act innocent, but that didn't keep up for long. “Thanks for sharing this with us, but would you mind explaining how you know?”
Galadriel nodded, “It is your right. Before Aragorn's father met his mother, he sired another child. But he did not know that he did this. He left before the signs actually showed, never knowing that he had had his first child. Three years later, I'd heard that he had asked for Gilraen's hand, and a year following hand you, Aragorn.” Aragorn nodded, understanding the information she passed on.
“I would pass this knowledge on to your mother, since we would often talk.”
“Thanks I guess.” Kagome said standing up and turning to go down the stairs. Aragorn said his goodbyes and thanks to the Lady before following his sister.
“Now you can't gripe about my age.” He said hands behind his back smirking at her.
“But,” she retorted, “I have more authority between up now. So HA!” She said running down the stairs.
“That's not fair!” He called following after her.
“That's what they all say!” she told him, finally reaching where everyone was camped for the evening.
Legolas stood up at their arrival. Seeing that Aragorn was not all that happy, and Kagome was positively beaming, he decided to ask. “What did she tell you?”
Aragorn made the attempt to answer him first, but Kagome was too quick for him. “I'm Aragorn's older sister. Isn't that nice?” She asked him sitting down and eating some Lembas bread.
“That would explain it.” Legolas said nodding.
“Explain what?” Aragorn asked from across the camp.
“Why you hate her.” He replied. Kagome nodded, happily agreeing with Legolas' statement.

Ok, I can't for the life of me figure out how to spell wizened, so if someone knows, please do inform me, it's gonna drive me crazy if I don't figure it out soon. On a different note, the next chapter is gonna be longer cause it's Kag's history, isn't it wonderful? Oh well. On a much different note, I've had this chapter done since the last one was finished. And I've been awaiting more reviews, but I just found the jumpdrive again, and don't wanna lose what's on it. So please review, I want five to seven, and the next chapter will be posted.
Bruce n' Charlie