InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Wanted to Make a Long Title That Had No Real Connection to the Story and Here It Is ❯ Chapter 8

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 8

“We cross the lake at nightfall, hide the boats and continue on foot..we approach Mordor from the North.” Aragon said when everyone was out of the boats and safely on the shore.

And of course, Gimli saw it fit to disagree, “Oh, yes, just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil, an impassable labyrinth of razor sharp rocks. And after that gets even better...a festering, stinking marshland, far as the eye can see.”

“I wouldn’t mind of you stayed behind.” Kagome irritably, but quietly snapped at Gimli as she walked over to a tree and leaned on it. It’s not that Kagome didn’t like Gimli, she just found his back-talking highly irritating at all times, and she was sure the others did as well. She was also extremely frustrated that he always discriminated against half of her lineage. It wasn’t her choice if she was half elf, even if those qualities weren’t visible in her person.

Gimli either didn’t hear her, or chose not to, but Legolas apparently did as he covered his couth folding in a chuckle. Turning away from the grumbling half elf and looked towards the opposite shore of the river. Bringing his hand his hand down from his mouth he furrowed his brow. He couldn’t quite place it but he felt something, and was intending to inform Aragorn of his suspicion.

“We should leave now.”

“No. Orcs patrol the Eastern shore, We must wait for the cover of darkness.” Aragorn trusted Legolas’ judgement completely, but this was one matter that he was firmly set on, and no one could change his mind.

As her legs started to stiffen, Kagome decided to go for a walk as Legolas and Aragorn seemed to be involved in a deep conversation and didn’t need to be disturbed. Walking a little ways away, she started to hear voices, coming to the conclusion that it had to be someone in the Fellowship, and also because she had nothing else to do, she decided to play ‘sneak around’. Softly humming a tune to herself she quietly tip-toed around trees until she got close enough to hear the voices clearly.

“Let me help you. There are other ways Frodo..other paths that we might take.”

What does he mean other paths? I had to have missed the good part of his monologue.

“I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom but for the warning of my heart.” Why does it seem like every tries to speak in riddles around me, even when they don’t even know I’m here? Mildly unfair.

“Warning? Against what?” Kagome turned around so her chest was against the tree where her back was moments before so she could see that hobbit and man of Gondor’s choice of actions. Boromir sat that Frodo wasn’t going to speak so he continued. “We are all afraid Frodo. But to let that fear drive us to destroy what hope we have... don’t you see that is madness?”

“There is no other way.” Frodo answered in short and Kagome was still not even close to figuring out what the conversation was pertaining to, it continued to sound like riddles to her.

“I only ask for the strength to defend my people. If you would but lend me the ring...”

Kagome grinned excitedly when she finally understand what they were talking about. Seconds later her mouth set into a grim line actually understanding to conversation. ‘This means trouble! Don’t give into peer pressure Frodo!’

“No.” Yes! Seeing Frodo step away had Kagome planning when she was going to intervene.

“Why do you recoil? I am no thief.”

“You are not yourself.”

“What chance do you think you have? They will find you, they will take the ring and you will beg for death before the end. You Fool! It is not your save by unhappy chance... it might have been mine. It should be mine. Give it to me! Give me the ring!”

Kagome jumped out when Boromir jumped on Frodo and immediately pulled him off the hobbit holding him by the arms.

“Why is it always the arrogant ones that turn on me?” She asked Frodo as he leapt up from the ground. Shrugging Frodo looked at her in gratitude before starting to walk away. “Frodo!” He turned back towards the female ranger, “Good Luck.” He nodded and turned to run away from the area.

“I’d say crisis averted, wouldn’t you?” Boromir grunted at her. “Well, if you think about it, if I let you continue to attack him, then we could draw some unwanted attention.” At his silence, Kagome shrugged and continued holding his upper arms so he couldn’t attack her too. The snap of a twig several hundred feet away alerted her attention towards the right, “Never mind, crisis not averted.” Boromir looked towards her with a question clearly written in his eyes. “Some friends didn’t RSVP, and they continue to be unwanted guests.” He apparently still didn’t understand her. “Can I trust you to help me fight off the bad guys if I let you go?” Boromir nodded and Kagome decided to trust his for this one time. She let go of his arms and grabbed her sword off her back watching to see if he would turn on her, smiling in satisfaction when he faced to the direction the footsteps were coming in.

After some of the ugliest things came out from the trees, they discovered that it was Uruk-Had. Immediately the Uruk-had spotted them and raced to kill them. Boromir took his sword and began a small battle with the several Uruk-had around him, Kagome doing the same.

Within minutes, the two fighters were sorely out numbered, and no one else was in sight. As Kagome kicked an Uruk-had with an out of place nose in the face, she turned towards Boromir.

“Blow your horn! I’ll hold them off hor a couple seconds!” Using the blunt side of her sword, Kagome knocked the Uruk-had away from her, before running to Boromir and giving him enough space to blow the Horn of Gondor. After several calls, he came up beside her to help fight off the enemies again.

Looking up, Kagome saw an especially ugly Uruk-Hai with a bow. This can’t be good, and Merry and Pippen running up behind them, This can’t be good!! The really ugly Uruk-Hai aimed his bow straight at her, and as he let go of the string, her eyes widened a considerable amount before quickly closing her eyes tightly. Awaiting the pain, she found it didn’t come and quickly opened her eyes again in time to catch a stumbling Boromir before he fell onto her. Turning her head towards Merry and Pippen whose eyes were wide and mouths open, she yelled at them to run.

The command didn’t register in their minds as quickly as she would have hoped, because the hobbits were lifted off by the Uruk-Had. Diverting her attention from the screaming halflings, she helped Boromir to stand again, but they didn’t see the next arrow in time to avoid it. When it hit Boromir in the chest, he fell forward onto his knees. Kagome went around to his front and seeing the extremely ugly Uruk-Hai aim and fire another arrow. Not thinking what her actions might cost her later, she lifted her hand and the arrow struck her palm in the center. Seeing her brother smash the bow of the unquestionably ugly Uruk-Hai had her sighing in relief as Legolas and Gimli finished off the remaining Uruk-Hai around them.

When the absolutely ugly Uruk-Hai was killed, Aragorn knelt next to Boromir who was slumped against a tree on the ground and Legolas and Gimli came to stand next to her. Kagome gripped her wrist tightly and listened to the conversation. When the ranger kissed Boromir’s forehead, the three knew that he had passed.

They all moved to help Aragorn place Boromir into a boat when Kagome once again realized that she didn’t have the use of her right hand. “Oh...” Grasping the arrow where her thumb and forefinger were against her palm, she quickly drew in a breath and pulled to arrow out clenching her teeth to quiet her cry of pain. Ripping off the bottom of her long shirt, she wrapped her hand many times tightly as to stop the bleeding as best as she could. Kagome flexed her fingers to see how much she could use her hand on the way to stand at the shore with the others.

“Merry and Pippen were taken, and Frodo and Sam continue to Mordor alone.” Aragorn told them as he grabbed his sister’s hand checking her injury making her hiss when he pressed too harshly too close to the hole where the arrow had been, he dropped her hand quickly muttering sorry.

“Then it has all been in vain... the fellowship has failed.” Gimli spoke in sadness.

“Not it we hold true to each other.” Aragorn took a hunting knife from his pack and strapped it to his belt. Grabbing his sister’s large sword, he helped her secure it to her back seeing as she couldn’t use her hand all that much. “We will not abandon Merry and Pippen to torment and death, not while we have strength left. Leave all that can be spared. W travel light. We hunt orc.” A grin came to Kagome’s face as Gimli agreed loudly. The female ranger took off following the Uruk-Hai tracks into the woods before being followed by the rest of their quartet.



Sorry it took so long. I just had really no motivation to work on this story for a while. Oh Well. Hope you enjoy, and the next chapter is the start of movie two.

Bruce n’ Charlie