InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will find you, Kagome ❯ Falling ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha watched over the hills and valleys close to his forest. She was hurt, badly. He wasn't there to protect her. If only he would have killed the demon quicker! She might still be there with him. Hell, he didn't even know if she was alive. Kagome's mother told him to stay close to the well, but not to come over anymore because of the hype it had already created because the origin of the wound was by an enormous claw. It had been days since the battle, and all Inuyasha could think about was how he fucked up again! This was all his fucking fault! His eyes clouded over with tears as he whispered, "Kagome…I wish you were here." Turning his back to the thoughts of her body with blood soaking her clothes he walked back to the well, where he would stay, until she came back.

Three days passed before Inuyasha started to go mad. Everything was pissing him off. The group barely ever saw him. They were worried about him, but nothing they could do would satisfy him. Inuyasha marched down to the well, this time jumping straight in. Something was wrong… he couldn't sense her.

He leapt up to Kagome's window, but saw nothing but an empty room. His heart raced with fear as he went to the door downstairs. Her mother opened it up with tears streaming down her face. She knew why he was here so she invited him in. Sadly and sorrowfully, she gave him the news.

"Inuyasha…why don't you sit down so we can talk about this?" He growled in response, his hands going into fists. "What is it?!" He could sense the pain in her voice and it heightened his fear, forcing him to act aggressively.

"Kagome…" Just at the name she found a new round of tears coming.

"Kagome, didn't make it… she had internal bleeding as well as a punctured lung… she couldn't pull through, but she told me to give you this when you came back for her. She also said she was sorry she was so weak." Kagome's mother handed Inuyasha the full Shikon no Tama.

Inuyasha was furious. "This isn't happening! It's a dream!! You're lying!! NO! She's alive and I'm going to find her!" Inuyasha screamed, stomping out.

He ran away. Anywhere away from this stupid era of hers that couldn't even help her.

Inuyasha wiped away the tears as he jumped into the well, cradling the jewel in his hand. He couldn't stand himself. Darting into the forest he killed everything in sight. He didn't care what or who it was. He needed to get away from everything. The only place he could think of to go to was his old home. Walking silently, he held his head low. Everything was gone…nobody loved him… nobody wanted him around. He was all alone.

Looking up at the god tree he felt the tears run down his cheeks. His vision blurred and he felt like he was spinning around. He gripped the jewel in his hand as he fell to the ground. Since he couldn't see he just closed his eyes, screaming out for her to come back to him. For her to show him the way to happiness like she once did for him. But no, she wasn't coming back for him. Kikyou was gone. Miroku and Sango were gone. Shippou was with them… he had nothing to live for. The silence of the forest was killing him. He could hear Kagome's laughter. He shouted out, scaring all the animals away.

"I will find a way to find you, Kagome, even if it takes a lifetime." Wincing at the pain in his heart he felt arms wrap around him, pulling him from the ground. All the pain once there was gone…her scent. His eyes shot open. He shook his head. No… He was just imagining it. His own mind was torturing him. Inuyasha stared into the sky, the trees blocking out most of the view.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something; something that resembled Kagome so dearly. Inuyasha leapt up with disbelief. He caught her going into the trees, seemingly unaware of him. He rushed after her, calling her name out continuously, trying to get her to look back at him. But it was like she was ignoring him. He darted in front of her, but she disappeared.

Then, abruptly, he was pushed back onto the ground. Gasping for air he felt around for what had hit him…an arrow. A flashback of that unforgettable day with Kikyou raced through his head, but he paid no mind. It couldn't be her…Kagome?

"Kagome!" Coughing he tasted blood. "No…I have to get to her…" He stood, dragging himself along towards her body. She was backing away from him…then she disappeared over a cliff. He couldn't make it there. He passed out before he could even whisper her name.

Days later he woke in Kaede's hut, groggy and tired. His eyelids half-shut he got off the cot and stood. Kaede pushed him back down, "No child. Ye injuries are severe and ye do not need to stand."

"But..Kagome she is out there…She's waiting for me.." He said, trying to reach out as if she was right there beside him.

"Kagome has died, Inuyasha."

"How did you know?! I never told you!" He growled, sitting up, only to be pushed back down by her.

"Ye were talking in sleep, child. Now ye need ye rest. Do not make an old lady place a spell on ye." She said, sitting in a corner to prepare their dinner.

"But Kagome did this to me!"

"No child. If Kagome did this to ye, I would not have been able to take it o-"

"NO! I saw her!"

"Ye are delirious." She placed a warm, wet cloth on his forehead, and force-fed him some kind of soup that instantly made him warm inside and he fell asleep.

The next day he woke to someone pulling him off the bed, helping him walk outside into his forest. He didn't open his eyes until he reached the forest edge, noticing that seductive scent and what it did to him. He couldn't move very much and couldn't quite move his eyes to see what was holding him. Not until he was at a cliff on the edge of a deep river. He was pushed forward but he held on to the thing, growling.

The woman gasped and tried to get his claws off her. She didn't know what was going on. The last thing she remembered was cooking breakfast. He pulled her with him as they fell into the rocky riverbed.

Inuyasha entered the village his head held low. He was carrying the woman who had tried to kill him; she died when she fell after him. Showing respect to the villagers, he had cleaned up the body. He placed her in the center of the village as onlookers gasped in surprise.

The little town grabbed their weapons and came out after him, the women and children stayed back, not wanting the demon to kill them as well.

"No! She tried to kill me! Don't blame me.." He protested backing away as angry men charged at him.

His breathing stopped as he tripped over a rock, afraid to attack. It was like he was a toddler again. He remembered it clearly every time he went out to play. They threw rocks at him and poked him with sticks when he was only 4.

"I didn't do it!" He shouted, flexing his claws.

He squinted his eyes when a bright light shone from the villagers, then they widened when he saw her standing in all her glory, right there in front of him. If only he could reach out to her, but his body seemed paralyzed.

She shook her head, disappointedly at him. She didn't speak to him, instead she just turned around and left him, staring at a now cowering group of men.

He ran off, afraid of himself. What was going on?! Why was she appearing like this? Why were people trying to kill him!

Holding himself in the god tree he shivered. He wished he <i>had</i> died those times. This life was giving him nothing.

Inuyasha cried himself to sleep, holding tightly onto the jewel he hid in his clothing.

The following morning he was being pulled again, this time he resisted, growling. "Get off me…..Kagome?"

A sweet smile met his eyes just as he felt tears coming. "Is that really you?"

She nodded, reaching out for him. She didn't speak to him, but did show him that she wanted him to follow her.

He followed unsure of where she was leading him. They ended up next to a waterfall.

Stepping so close to the edge, made Inuyasha nervous, "Get away from there…you might get…" He reached out for her as she jumped in. He leapt in after her, just in time to get an arrow shoved through his chest. He held her close, not caring if he was dying. He was dying in euphoria. Inuyasha had Kagome in his arms and that's all that mattered. They hit the water hard. Hard enough to crush anybody's body.

Weeks later…

Kaede blessed the gravesite under the God tree. "I hope ye are in peace now with Kagome, Inuyasha." Placing a Sakura blossom on the grave she left bowing her head. Inuyasha had died of internal bleeding and a punctured lung. Kaede was almost sure an arrow had done the damage, but no evidence other than the shape was there.

A/n: No lemon but I might do one in the second chapter when they might on the other side.

Review!!!