InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In The End ❯ The Skill Of Understanding ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N.: I want to thank you all for reviewing. I don't say so individually but that's only because the author's note an the story get squished together. But I do thank you all who reviewed….
 
0..0..0..0..0..0..0..0
 
In the End
 
Chapter 4
 
----------------------------------------------
 
Inuyasha turned away from the bowing princess to who had spoken. They had announced her as Princess Kagome…..
 
But he could have sworn her name was supposed to be Kikyo….
 
In Inuyasha silence and peculiar looks, Miroku decided to speak up.
 
“Your majesty, you're looking well and young might I add….”
 
The queen didn't seem to be phased by the compliment.
 
“Prince Inuyasha….”
 
But it seemed Inuyasha wasn't paying attention. He was looking at the girl before him. She very beautiful, with her long raven colored hair and stormy blue eyes, but that's not what captivated him.
 
The fact that she didn't seem too comfortable with this whole situation was what held him paralyzed in thought. Shouldn't the Goddess of Midoriko be a little more at ease with this whole thing….
 
Something wasn't right….
 
But at the same time Miroku was wondering that of all the times for Inuyasha to actually be thinking he would chose now. He poked Inuyasha in his ribs.
 
`Please don't screw this up….'
 
“Ahhh…Yes Your Majesty?” Inuyasha rubbed his bruised rib.
 
“I was just wondering if you were still with us.”
 
The Queen had noticed the looks he was giving Kagome. She just hoped that someone else didn't.
 
Inuyasha nearly flushed. He hadn't meant to look at her for so long but he was puzzled.
 
“Well I am. So-”
 
The Queen cut him off.
 
“We have no time for simple pleasantries. We have serious matters to discuss.”
 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
HE was sinister. He could feel it roll off that man like waves.
 
Not only was HE dark but the presence of malicious intent chocked him and nearly took all of his breath away.
 
But HE wouldn't allow it.
 
HE wouldn't allow him to die until he had served his purpose.
 
Until all of his usefulness had deteriorated.
 
Until he deteriorated. Until they all deteriorated. They were nothing but pawns. Sick pawns that were to be used as HE sees fit.
 
`Master you called for me?'
 
Words weren't uttered in HIS hall. They weren't allowed. Only thoughts spoken from the mind could be heard. HE wanted to know what your very soul contained.
 
The deep voice told him all he needed to know. The plan was twisted and vile but there was nothing he could do to stop it.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
Inuyasha couldn't grasp what was being said to him. The other two women had left the Queen's quarters leaving just Miroku, himself, and the Queen.
 
“So you mean to tell me-”
 
“Yes Inuyasha, for the last time, yes.”
 
“But that's impossible! Isn't it?”
 
Miroku sighed for what was the fifth time during this `meeting'. For some odd reason Inuyasha had a hard time comprehending what the Queen was saying. Yes it was difficult to understand but after what was the third telling of the story, it seemed our slow-witted Inuyasha wouldn't get it.
“Inuyasha, we all believe this story is incredulous but there is no other way. That girl has the mark of Midoriko. Why is that so hard to get?”
 
Inuyasha gave up.
 
It wasn't so much as it was hard to get, but the fact remained that an untrained girl was supposed to help him on a mission he wasn't supposed to be on that could get him killed.
 
When he set out on this mission he thought is wasn't fair.
 
Now he was sure that some kind of divine intervention was screwing with him.
 
This, this was unfair. More than unfair.
 
Unjust.
 
Un…un…
 
Un-something.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 
Kagome stood outside with bow and arrow in hand.
 
The target was at least ten feet away from her. Kikyo had been training her for the past couple of days and it was time to see how she would do.
 
A servant came and quickly lit the target on fire. Kagome had one chance.
 
And if she didn't shoot soon, the whole grounds might be ablaze.
 
That didn't make it any easier.
 
Kagome did as Kikyo told her to. Dipping the end of the arrow in the pail of water placed next to her she strung her bow. Until she got strong enough she would need outside help.
 
She took aim and released.
 
It had been exactly as she imagined it. The water that coated her arrow surrounded it in a sort of blue mist.
 
Only one problem.
 
It was four feet to the left of her intended target.
 
`Dammit!'
 
A servant quickly doused the blazing target with his own bucket of water.
 
Kikyo went to Kagome's side. This was going to be a long endeavor. Kikyo was going to be Kagome's instructor for the time being. All the knowledge Kikyo had learned over the years was to be passed on to Kagome.
 
No one ever said it was going to be easy.
 
Nor did they say it was going to be this hard either.
 
“Kagome, should we go back to aiming drills again?”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
 
Miroku was in the newly rebuilt Market when he happened upon the most delicious backside that was connected to a women saying rather useful information.
 
She was wearing black skin tight armor that just happened to show off a luscious rump that he needed to grope.
 
But just as he was about to go in for the kill, he froze.
 
“The whole villages have been destroyed. People slaughtered, houses demolished. But none of it makes any sense. It's not been happening in one area, places all across the Kingdom are being destroyed. My village has come to seek the Queen's help.”
 
`Whole villages destroyed…?'
 
“Excuse me my Lady, but I just happen to be Prince Inuyasha adviser and I could give you immediate counsel with the Queen.”
 
Her eyes darkened with mistrust. And she had good reason to be. She just didn't know it yet.
 
0..0..0..0..0..0..0..0..0..0..0..0..0
 
A.N: Guess who that is….
Some of you may be a bit confused after today's chapter…but all shall be revealed in good time……in good time
 
Please Review!
 
Dark Past Kisses