InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Incarnation Situation ❯ There's Something About Naruko ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 ~ There's Something About Naruko
 
Kaede sits in her temple when she notices Kagome coming along. She has expected Kagome, but Kagome has brought some…friends? “Ah, hello, Kagome,” Kaede says. “You've…child? Why have you brought demons into this village?”
 
Asha and Kito huddle together, “Demons? Where?”
 
Marri raises her eyebrow but says nothing.
 
Kagome rolls her eyes, “She means you guys!”
 
“Oh yeah, right,” Asha says. “I forgot.”
 
Kaede rolls her eye. “Not you, you're a hanyou!”
 
“Oh? We're name-calling now? Well I think you're a--”
 
“You know,” Kaede says thoughtfully. “This is very similar to the time Kagome first came to me as the reincarnation of my sister Kikyo. It seems that ye be reincarnations of demons from your past and our future.”
 
Asha yawns. “BO-RING!”
 
Marri goes over to shake her. “Gods sake, Asha, silence yourself!”
 
Kaede points at Marri who's got Asha in a stranglehold. “That one in particular resembles the lord of the Western Lands almost to a fault.”
 
“Is that so?” Marri says.
 
Kito laughs at Asha. “Ha ha, Marri gets to be a lord and you're the reincarnation of a stinky puppy.”
 
Inuyasha growls.
 
Kito only laughs harder. “Heh heh…he reminds me of my puppy at home.” She turns to look at Inuyasha. “My puppy's a golden retriever. His name is Fluffers McPuppy. I dub you Fluffers McPuppy the Second.”
 
Fluffers McPuppy II is not at all pleased with his new name and growls at Kito who runs to hide behind Kagome's legs.
 
“BRAT!” he shouts. Then, so as not to look bothered (like his brother) he turns around and starts sniffing the air. His gold eyes get cold. “I smell Naraku.”
 
“Good for you, blockhead,” Asha says. “Nice to know you can use your nose since your head's not working too well.”
 
“You're really starting to piss me off.”
 
Asha flips her hair. “Join the club, buddy.”
 
Kaede says, “This is not what we need. These are confusing times. We cannot afford to fight amongst ourselves.”
 
“Old hag,” Inuyasha mutters, storming out of the hut. Under his breath he continues to mutter. “Damn Naraku, always showing up when we don't want him around.”
 
“Is there ever a time we do want him around?” Kagome asks as he leaves. Inuyasha ignores her and goes outside. About five minutes after he leaves, screaming is heard outside.
 
A female voice shouts, “DON'T TOUCH ME YOU PSYCHOTIC MO-FO!”
 
A male voice shouts, “LEAVE THEM ALONE YOU CREEP! THAT'S NO WAY TO TREAT A GIRL!”
 
Then Inuyasha shouts, “ALL OF YOU! SHUT UP AND TELL ME WHICH ONE OF YOU IS NARAKU!!!”
 
There is a moment's silence. Then that male voice says, “There IS no Naraku here, moron. There is a Naruko.”
 
“Close enough,” Inuyasha says. More screaming follows this statement.
 
Kagome turns to Kaede. “Think I'd better get involved?”
 
“A good idea.”
 
Kagome runs outside. Those still inside the hut listen. After a few more seconds they here the telltale, “SIT BOY!!!”
 
Asha falls over. “For crying out loud!”
 
Kagome comes back in. “There's more friends,” she says. Following her are a boy and girl both with black hair. Their eyes are wide at their recent encounter with Inuyasha.
 
“Look,” the girl says, pointing. “It's a real live witch.”
 
The boy takes her hand away from Kaede. “Didn't your mother ever tell you pointing is rude?”
 
“Ah, Sanji-chan. You're so cute when you go all parental.”
 
The boy apparently named `Sanji' frowns and takes a few steps back from the girl. Kagome watches this with mild amusement before turning back to the door. “Where is Inuyasha? Where is that other girl?”
 
“Other girl?” Kaede says. “What other girl?”
 
Inuyasha comes back with a very angry girl in his grip with brown hair over angry eyes. “LET GO OF ME! LET GO! LET GO!” She was swinging her legs and hit home. Inuyasha's eyes welled up with tears of rage as the girl kicked him where it hurts.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome said, shocked. “You can't treat a girl like that!”
 
“She tried to bite me!” he protests.
 
“And I'd do it again!”
 
He hastily drops her, and the girl picks herself up, trying to maintain as much dignity as possible.
 
Kagome says, “What's your name?”
 
“I'm Naruko,” Naruko says, throwing a glare in Inuyasha's direction while brushing off an imaginary piece of lint. “And I was just fine until the eared freak decided to intervene.”
 
Sanji turns to Kaede and nods respectfully. “Do you mind telling me where we are?”
 
“I don't care where we are!” Naruko shouts. “I want out, now!”
 
Kaede sighs. “Could you tell us your names?”
 
Naruko sits on the floor between Marri and Sanji as far away from Inuyasha as she can get. She glares at Inuyasha before glancing up at Kaede and says, “I'm Naruko…didn't I say this before?” Kaede gives her a disapproving look before looking at the black-haired girl expectantly.
 
“Hi!” she says brightly. “I'm Mirako.” She taps Sanji on the shoulder and says, “And this cutie-pie here is my boyfriend Sanji.”
 
“I am NOT your boyfriend!” Sanji says indignantly. “You STALK ME!”
 
“You call it stalking,” she says. “But I call it love.” She bats her eyelashes at him and he scoots a few feet away from her.
 
“Freak.”
 
Kaede stares at Mirako. “You sound very familiar.”
 
Mirako smiles brightly. “Wow, really?”
 
“She does?” Sanji asks incredulously.
 
“Hai,” Kaede says. “And this person I'm thinking about. I imagine you'll meet him soon enough. And when you do, you'll thank your lucky stars that you're a guy.”
 
“Thank my lucky stars that I'm a wha?” Sanji repeats looking absolutely confused.
 
Kaede has already moved on and turns to look at Naruko. “And who are you?”
 
“I'm Naruko,” she says. “I've said it three times now.”
 
“That's Naraku,” Inuyasha says.
 
Naruko glares at him. “I think I know my own name genius. Naraku is a guy's name. I am not a guy, in case you haven't noticed.”
 
“Could have fooled me,” Inuyasha says, leaning against the doorway.
 
Naruko's eyes turn red and she prepares to lunge, but Marri pulls her back. “Don't,” she says. “He's just an idiot. He's not worth it.”
 
Inuyasha glares at her. “I will not be insulted by a wench that bares my half-brother's face.”
 
“Uh-huh.”
 
Naruko has still not forgotten their argument. “Naraku means hell,” she persists. “Naruko means gentle child.”
 
Asha stares at Naruko's red eyes and says, “Well that's a misnomer if I ever heard one.”
 
“Yeah,” Inuyasha agrees, even though he has no idea what a misnomer is. “I bet you're Inuyasha in disguise. Am I right?”
 
Sanji and Mirako stare at him like he's stupid.
 
Inuyasha turns around and sees them staring. “WHAT?”
 
“Are you an idiot or something?” Sanji asks.
 
Mirako shakes her head. “Maybe it's because he's a jerk.” Her face falls, “Damn, and he's so cute, too. Oh NO! You don't suppose that's being unfaithful, do you? Don't worry Sanji-chan. I'll always love YOU.”
 
An anime sweatdrop appears at the back of Sanji's neck. “Oh my god…of all the psychotic girls I had to be stuck with…”
 
“…You got the best of the lot!” Mirako finishes triumphantly.
 
“If you're quite finished,” Kaede says.
 
Mirako examines her nails and then frowns. “Dude, there's like this really weird thing on my hand.”
 
Kagome stares at her, concerned. “Like what? Is it a cut? Are you bleeding? Cause I got some antiseptic in my backpack.”
 
Mirako shrugs, “I dunno. Look for yourself.” She points her hand at Kagome.
 
Everyone starts screaming. “OH MY GOD! SHE'S GOT A WINDTUNNEL!”
 
Mirako starts screaming too. “OH MY GOD! I'VE GOT A WINDTUNNEL!” Then she looks confused. “Eh…what's a windtunnel?”
 
“Quick!” Kaede shouts to Kagome over the noise. “Get some rosary beads!”
 
“Well it's not like I carry them around in my pocket!”
 
Kaede reaches into a wicker basket behind her and whips out a pair of pink rosary beads. She wraps the beads around Mirako's hand in a loose loop. Mirako starts to cry. “My hand…my beautiful hand…I'm hideous! Ugly! What boy will look at me now?”
 
Everyone just rolls their eyes.
 
Yet another example of an Incarnation Situation.
 
To be continued…