InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ineluctable ❯ Ineluctable ( One-Shot )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
InuHanyouNikkie prompted:

Let's see.. I'm on a Origami kick, love butterflies... Okay... how about they have a fight, go threw the well, sulk or pout. Kagome decides to make origami animals, Inuyasha feels guilty for saying nasty things
to her grumbles that he will do something that she likes. She decides to decorate him with origami birds and butterflies. He pouts even more. She giggles. They argue some more, then go for sweet kisses and maybe some
tender love making.

So that in mind and though I did take a few liberties, here is her Origami kick birthday fic!

Ineluctable (in-i-luhk-tuh-buhl): impossible to avoid or evade:"inescapable conclusion", inevitable: an ineluctable destiny

Whew! I finally finished it. Thanks to doggieearlover for beta-ing it for me and I hope you enjoy!
~ * ~

Kagome was fuming as she sat on her bedroom floor. Her fingers moved deftly as she made each fold in the thin paper. When Souta had come to her, asking if she would help him fold his share of the ten thousand paper cranes his class was making to send to the hospital children’s ward as a community service project, she had agreed. Her hope had been that it would distract her from her anger, after her latest fight with InuYasha.

She didn’t understand why he had to be so infuriating all of the time. Things had actually been going pretty well lately. He finally seemed to be moving forward past Kikyou’s death, and was back to his usually grumpy self. It was a relief that he didn’t seem quite so despondent any more, and they had even been getting a little closer. Then he had to go and ruin everything.

Kagome sighed. Maybe she had overreacted a bit. She shook her head and forced herself to be completely honest. She had overreacted and he definitely hadn’t deserved that ‘sit’. It was just that he could be the most frustrating, stubborn person she had ever known, and her frustration had just built up and exploded out of her.

All things considered though, it wasn’t all her fault. He really shouldn’t have been so mean, and he had hurt her feelings. The choices had been to either cry, or get angry and leave. She hadn’t wanted to cry. She had been doing enough of that lately, so she went with the only other option.

Kagome flexed her fingers and looked at the large stack of cranes she had already folded. Deciding that it wouldn’t hurt if she switched to something else for a little while, she began to fold one of the only other things she did well, a butterfly.

She wasn’t angry anymore, but she wasn’t ready to go back, so she kept folding. She wondered if Kaede could teach her how to make shikigami. She would have to ask the elderly miko after InuYasha came to get her and they were back in Feudal Era.


InuYasha paced back and forth alongside the well, trying desperately not to give in and go through after Kagome. He didn’t understand why she had been so upset, and he definitely didn’t think he had deserved to have his face slammed into the dirt.

She hadn’t used the rosary in such a long time, and it worried him that she had now. Okay, so maybe he had taken things a bit far, but he hadn’t been able to stop himself. Sometimes she just smelled so fucking good that it drove him crazy. And that in turn set him on edge, as he fought to keep from doing something stupid, like throwing her down on the forest floor and having his way with her.

Though he was loathe to admit it, he also reasoned that he hadn’t taken into account the tenuous ground their relationship had been on until recently. Kikyou’s death had been hard on him, and in a way, he supposed it had been even harder on her. Hell, he had been so caught up in his own grief that he hadn’t even realized she was hurting. He really could be a self centered bastard sometimes.

He looked at the well again. He felt bad for hurting her. She might think that he didn’t notice how she got angry to cover up her real feelings when she didn’t want to cry, but he did. A soft growl escaped him as he realized that he was going to have to go to her and apologize. Things had just started to get back to normal between them, and he didn’t want that to change.

With a resigned sigh, he jumped into the well, and hoped that she wouldn’t use the command on him when he got there.



Kagome looked up briefly as the window opened, and then returned to her folding without a word. She made sure not to smile as she heard him sigh.

“Kagome...” he tried.

“What do you want?” she asked. “I’m busy.”

“Busy? Doing what?” the hanyou looked at the folded paper. “You ain’t trying to make shikigami, are you?”

Kagome felt her anger return full force and fought against her desire to cry. “What? I suppose you think I’m not good enough, or powerful enough, to make shikigami, don’t you? Go ahead and say it already... Tell me how I’ll never measure up to her.”

InuYasha growled. “Damn it! I didn’t say that. I wasn’t even thinking it. I was just asking.” He paused, noticing that she had started to cry. “Fuck, don’t cry. I came here to apologize, not to upset you.” He folded his arms and sat down beside her on the floor. “I didn’t mean what I said earlier, okay? So don’t cry.”

She raised her head and wiped away her tears. “I shouldn’t have used the rosary... I’m sorry.”

“Keh, you should be,” he snorted.

Kagome frowned. “I can’t believe you sometimes. You say you came here to apologize, and then you just end up being an even bigger jerk.” She stood up and glared at him with her hands on her hips. “Just get out already, and leave me alone.” Her hands fell to her sides and she turned from him. “Please, just go...”

Not for the first time, InuYasha cursed himself for not taking the time to think before speaking. He stood up. “Kagome...”

She spun intending on yelling at the stubborn hanyou for not leaving, only to come face to face with him. She hadn’t even heard him come to his feet. Her mouth snapped shut and she couldn’t look away from his intense gaze. He lifted his hands to her cheeks and wiped away her tears.

“I didn’t mean that, either,” he told her quietly. “You probably owed me one from all the shit I’ve put your through, anyway.”

Kagome giggled a little, and he allowed himself a small grin. He also couldn’t help but notice how she seemed to lean into his touch, or the slight falter in her smile as his hands fell away. He reached up again, this time brushing the hair back from her face, and he heard her breath catch in her throat. She tilted her head upwards. Her lips were slightly parted, and practically begging to be kissed

He found himself leaning closer, watching closely for any sign that she didn’t want what he was about to do. Finding none, he closed the distance between them, and let his lips brush over hers lightly. At once her arms closed around his neck and she leaned into him. She pressed her mouth to his insistently, desperately, and he was forced to respond.

Without thinking, he wrapped his arms around her, wanting to feel her body against his, to have her as close as possible. It was only when the hand on the small of her back slipped down to cup her bottom on its own accord that he was able resume conscious thought. The first being that he now understood Miroku’s fixation, and the second wondering if Kagome was going to get upset and accuse him of being like the pervert.

Not wanting to upset her and ruin things between them, he began to move his hand upwards, in hopes of the slip going unnoticed, only to feel a small warm hand over his own, holding it exactly where it was. He pulled away from her and found her smiling shyly, a deep red staining her cheeks.

When he opened his mouth to speak, she shook her head. Without daring to look him in the eyes, she reached out and began to untie his haori, and soon her fingers were sliding across the skin of his chest with purpose. In what seemed like seconds, both his red outer jacket and his under shirt were hanging down around his waist. A choked gasp escaped him as Kagome planted warm moist kisses all over his chest.

Kagome couldn’t believe it was finally happening. Not only had InuYasha kissed her, but he was now allowing her to touch him, and kiss him in ways she had always dreamed of. She was a little afraid to look at him; afraid that it might ruin the moment, and that he would pull away like he usually did when things got too intense.

“Kagome...” he groaned quietly.

She lifted her head and theirs eyes met. She couldn’t ever remember seeing such desire burning in his molten gaze, and most especially, not directed at her. The intensity of it was almost frightening, and she wondered if he had always felt this way, but had hidden it from her. Gods, she hoped so, desperately hoped.

He kissed her roughly, deeply, and she melted into him. His hands were no longer hesitant as they explored the curves of her body. She had been waiting so long for him to see her as a woman, and she was ready to give him anything and everything he might want from her.

InuYasha was startled as Kagome pulled away from him abruptly, and for a moment, he feared that he had taken things too far. His mind was eased, however, as she pulled her shirt off over her head. Had he not thought it would upset her, he would have laughed at the way she had raised her chin in defiance, her eyes boldly meeting his, as if daring him to disapprove. As if he would disapprove of anything with her standing half naked in front of him.

Of course he had seen her in much less, but not when she knew he was watching, wanting him to look. Just knowing that she wanted him was more than enough to cause him to grow harder than he could ever remember being. Then, to his delight, she removed the binding over her breasts as well. She was so beautiful and her confidence excited him in a way he hadn’t expected. She wasn’t ashamed to be seen by him, or of her own desires. It was only when she shifted uncomfortably that he realized that he must have been staring at her for a long time.

He stepped forward cupped her breast as he kissed her. She sighed and leaned into his hand. He trailed kisses along her jaw and down her neck. Soft nips marked her shoulders, before he ran his tongue along her collar bone and across her chest. He slid his hands down her shoulders, and could feel her trembling under his touch. InuYasha slipped his fingers into the waist band of her skirt, and pushed it and the final scrap of thin material covering her, down off of her hips.

As they slipped down her legs, she leaned forward and placed an open mouthed kiss against the hollow of his throat. Her body was trembling as he held her, but it was clear that she wanted to keep going when small hands tugged at the ties of his hakama. Soon, they too, had joined the pile of clothes amassing on the floor.

Kagome wrapped her arms around InuYasha’s neck as he lifted her from the floor. He went to his knees on the bed and laid her down with great care. He kissed her as his body rested partially over hers. He loved the feel of her soft body, her warmth underneath him. It almost felt like a dream. In his dreams, everything was just like this, and it didn’t matter that they were from two different worlds, or that he was a hanyou; but this was the real world, and as much as he hated to admit it, he wasn’t sure they were doing the right thing.

“What are we doing?” he asked quietly. “What if your family-”

“I don’t care. I don’t care,” Kagome interrupted, pulling his face down to hers. She kissed him fervently, desperately. “I’ve waited too long already. If you stop now... Please don’t stop. Forget about everything else, and let yourself have this, us, right now. Let yourself be loved, InuYasha, even if it’s only for a little while.”

For a brief terrifying moment she wasn’t sure that he was going to give in, but then he did. Kagome could feel the heat from his body, the power of his youki as it radiated off of him and wrapped around her. It was warm and safe and filled with the same emotion that she carried in her heart for him. She could have wept with joy at that knowledge, but instead decided to focus on what he was currently doing with his mouth.

She couldn’t have him close enough as he lavished attention on her neck and shoulders. After he had tortured her by kissing and nipping all around them, Kagome arched up off the bed as his mouth closed over her breast. He teased her with his tongue as one hand rolled her other nipple between his fingers, occasionally offering a firm pinch, to hear her gasp.

She wrapped her legs around him and lifted her hips. He groaned as her thigh brushed against him, and returned to kissing her lips, so that he could rub himself against her. Her body was warm and wet, and the scent of her was driving him crazy. He had never wanted anything as desperately in his life as he wanted her now. The power she held over him was both cherished and frightening. He didn’t think he could wait any longer.

Kagome could feel him pressing against her, and she wrapped her arms around him, drawing him into her. Her face was pressed against his shoulder as he drew back slowly, only to slip into her a bit more deeply than before. It burned as he stretched her and her eyes watered, but she didn’t make a sound, choosing to hold onto him more tightly instead. His breathing was labored and his hot breath tickled her ear.

Then with a sudden pinch he filled her completely and with her eyes squeezed tightly shut she gasped. It was hard to breathe at first, but the pain faded so that she was at last able to say what she had been too afraid to before. “I love you, InuYasha.”

His entire body stiffened. He had known, of course he had known. She had told him so many times, in so many different ways, but a part of him had refused to let himself really believe, until now. There could be no denying it any longer.

He began to thrust smoothly into the moist heat surrounding him and pressed his lips to her ear. “I do too, you know,” he told her gently.

“I know,” she assured him.

He took both of her hands in his own, lacing their fingers together and holding them over her head. InuYasha didn’t know how long he would be able to last inside her. It was so much more than he had imagined, so much better. Her muscles gripped him as he moved and he moaned loudly. Involuntarily he increased his pace, and found her meeting him thrust for thrust.

Her body responded to his and she urged him onward with her cries. There was so much heat between them, a fire, burning them in all of the places where their skin met. He could tell she was about to find her release, and was thankful since his own was dangerously close.

At last she cried out his name, digging her nails into his back as she did. It was more than he could bear. His entire body erupted and he heard himself calling her name. He couldn’t think, couldn’t breath; all he could do was feel, as he spilled himself inside her.

As he lay on top her panting, and with her body still tingling from her climax, Kagome found herself inspired. He still seemed to be firm within her, and he had gotten to be in control the entire time, which she decided was unacceptable. With a mighty shove she pushed him off the side of the bed, and let him take her with him. He grunted, but she knew that she hadn’t hurt him. Now it was her turn to be in charge.

InuYasha wasn’t quiet sure how it happened. One minute he had been laying over Kagome, inside her, and now he was laying on the floor beneath her, no longer wrapped in her warmth. He arched an eyebrow as the young woman on top of him smiled wickedly.

He could only watch as she lifted herself onto her knees and then guided him into her as she slid back down. “Touch me,” she breathed as she lifted her hips, only to lower them again forcefully.

At once his hands were on her breasts, cupping them as he toyed with her nipples. He sat up and she pulled his head against her chest. He bit down softly, and she cried out, “More...Please.”

Not wanting to disappoint, he took hold of her hips and began to push up to meet her. They rocked together until she thought she might die from the pleasure their bodies were creating within her. At last, the tension inside her released, and she came.

InuYasha shuddered at the sound of his name from her lips, and the feeling of her gripping him more tightly. The fire in his loins became unbearable, and he pulled her down hard as he spilled himself inside her. Once he was spent, he fell back onto the floor, with her still on top of him. She leaned forward and rested her head on his chest. His heart beat was much faster than usual, and she was pleased to know that she, a pathetic human, had given him such a strenuous work out.

Several moments later Kagome slipped off of him and onto the floor beside him. He propped himself up on one elbow and brought a hand to her face. She broke into giggles as she looked at him.

“Something funny, woman?” he asked, trying to sound irritated and failing miserably.

“You have butterflies in your hair,” she replied.

“Keh, I’ve also got paper cuts on my ass, but it was more than worth it,” InuYasha told her with a smirk, before pulling her flush against him and drawing her into a kiss.