InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Innocence ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Innocence

by Sarah Barah (a.k.a. firesstar)

*Author's note

Hiya! ^_^ Sheesh, I'm just soo slow! Oy... I guess I just need a tune up on my brain... hehe... -.-;;

~Etsuko: That's for sure... u.u;~

*Grr* And what's that supposed to mean? *scrapes ground with shoe like a raging bull*

~Etsuko: It means that you are an absolute idiot, and you are very slow.~

ALRIGHT, THAT'S IT! *brings out Gigantic Mallet of Doom* (Boy, it seems like there's one of these in every manga, doesn't it?)

~Etsuko: @.@; HEY, I WAS JUST AGREEING WITH YOU! *runs in fear*~

SO, JUST CUZ I AM MAKING FUN OF MYSELF DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN! >I *runs after her* MWAHAHAHA! YOU SHALL FEEL THE POWER OF THE MALLET! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

~Etsuko: *screams and cowers*~

~Chumoru: Come now, must we always resort to violence?~

o.O;; *stops and stares at Chumoru*

~Etsuko: *follows Sarah's gaze and stares in surprise* What the heck are you supposed to be? O.o;;~

~Chumoru: *is dressed in monk's attire* I am going to become a simple monk like Miroku. Then I'll get chicks! *winks and does a thumbs up at Etsuko* ^.~ ~

~Etsuko: .... You mean a lecher?~

~Chumoru: Whatever gave you that idea? *sits innocently, clutching his staff*~

~Etsuko: *rolls eyes* Whatever...~

*continues to stare but then realizes what she is doing and coughs* o.O;; Yes... well.... ah hem... as I was saying...

I apologize for being so dreadfully slow. I hope you can enjoy this next chapter. Thank you if you have even read this far, because it means you are actually reading something I wrote! *jumps up and down with glee* @.@;;; *coughs again* Well... now for the disclaimer...

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters except Chumoru and Etsuko.

Thank you! Now, back to the story. Read, relax, and enjoy! ^.~

******************************************************************** **********************

Kagome shuddered. The wind was picking up and she knew she needed to get home before it got worse. She sighed, remembering her farewell to her friends in the fuedal era to get back to her own time. Shippo was always the one to make her feel like she would cry.

"NO! KAGOME! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE! YOU JUST GOT HERE!"

"Oh Shippo-chan, you know I'll come back soon. I have to get home though. I've got another test coming up, and if I don't pass this one, I'll flunk math!"

Kagome rubbed the cub's tiny kitsune ears and then picked him up in a squishing hug. Inuyasha just 'keh'd' and sat down on the ground not far from her, crossing his arms over his chest as he always did.

"Why are you making such a fool of yourself, kid, she's coming back. Besides, I don't see whether it matters anyways, if she doesn't come back, it's probably better," the hanyou sniffed.

"YOU BIG FAT JERK! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT KAGOME! YOU KNOW YOU NEED HER JUST AS MUCH AS I DO!"

"AND WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT IT, BRAT! I DON'T CARE IF THE WENCH EVER COMES BACK!"

A bead of sweat fell down her forehead as she remembered the beating she gave the inu-hanyou after that.

He'll be sat right into next week!

"How dare he indeed! He was the one who told me long ago that he needed me!"

Wait, did I say that out loud?!

She blushed a beat red and then shook the thought away.

"Ok... I just have to get home and.... wait, what was I going to do? Oh crap! I forgot..."

She looked up and saw dark clouds, threatening rain, overhead.

Better hurry...

She began to run, her back-pack hitting her painfully on the small of her back. Finally she had to stop and rest, her breath heavy and harsh. As she rested, she felt a single raindrop, land on her nose.

"Oh no! I'm too late!"

By the time she managed to get to the front of the shrine and started to climb the steps, rain began to pour from the sky.

"Momma? Sota? Sofu*?" (Sofu means grandfather)

"In here dear," Mrs. Higurashi called from the kitchen. Kagome walked into the kitchen, soaked to the bone. "Oh Kagome, you are soaking wet! Come and dry off. I'll get you some clean clothes."

"Thanks, Mama, but I was going to take a shower anyway," Kagome wrung her hair out with one of the towels her mother had just handed her and ruffled Sota's hair in greeting.

"Well, I won't have you shivering with cold in the mean time. If you want to take a shower, the bathroom is free, and I have some fresh towels in the closet."

"Ok, thanks again, Mama," she said kissing her mother's cheek and running off to the bathroom.

"Children today! They're always in a hurry! No wonder they never have time to study," Kagome's grandfather said with a grunt.

"Oh come now! I think Kagome is doing very well for a child her age. She manages to help Inu-chan find the jewel shards, and still get in some homework! Though she doesn't make the best of grades, at least she is passing, right?"

Sota smirked, "Um... Momma, have you seen her grades lately?"

From the bathroom, they heard Kagome yell, "SOTA! YOU SAY A WORD MORE AND I'M GONNA GET YOU!"

Sota cowered on his cushion and sat in silence. Mrs. Higurashi smiled slightly and then sat down, handing out bowls of rice to each of them.

"KAGOME! YOU HAD BETTER HURRY IF YOU WANT TO EAT! IT'S GETTING COLD," Mrs. Higurashi called to the girl.

"COMING MAMA!"

The young miko reincarnate, ran to her room, a towel wrapped about her head and another around her slim body. Then she slipped into clean, blue, silk pajamas, and then took her hair brush and began to brush her long black, silky hair. When she had finished, her hair gleaming, she went to the kitchen and sat down on her cushion beside Sota.

****************

"Great dinner, Mamma! That was wonderful," Kagome said, hugging her mother. Then she kissed her grandfather on the head and turned and ruffled Sota's hair once more.

"Where ya going, Sis," Sota asked, watching her turn to go up the stairs.

"Gotta go study. Another test is coming up."

"Ok, be sure not to flunk this one!"

Sota smiled deviously, knowing that Kagome would be fuming at his words.

"SO-TA!"

"BYE," Sota called to everyone, running out of the kitchen and up to his room, locking the door behind him.

"Oy," Kagome sighed, walking back to her door and opening it. Then she fell into her desk chair and opened her math book. After a few minutes, every problem seemed to blur together, until she couldn't see straight. Then she slowly put her head down on the desk and sighed again. "Just a short rest, then I'll get right back to studying." Before she knew it, she had drifted into dreams.

****************

Every hanyou has a time when their super human strength (or rather thier demon half) goes away temporarily. Then they become completely human. For Etsuko, this time was on the night of the lunar crescent. She sat on the edge of her bed, feeling the change, burn within her. Her mane of gray and silver silk, turned into a mane of pure, dark ebony. Her gray wolf ears, disappeared, leaving two human ears in their place. Her tail disappeared as well, and her long, sharp talons, were replaced by normal, human nails. Even her fangs disappeared. When the change was complete, she looked like a typical, everyday girl. Every night her change took place, she cursed her hanyou mother for having done this to her child. Though she knew it wasn't her mother's fault, it was her fault for having had a child, when she knew this might happen to them.

Why? Why did she have a child when she knew their life would only be miserable?

She felt the next change burn in her. The last thing to change, was always her sapphire eyes. They would gleam, an almost ghostly light, and then they would grow dark. So sudden was this darkness, that it seemed as if a light had been physically shut off. When this happened, she always knew her transformation was complete.

As they had always done, her deep blue orbs glowed, and before she even realized it, they went dark.

Thank heaven, I can finally rest now...

She shook her head so that her mane of ebony flew about wildly around her. Then she tied it back in a tight bun. She bent over to blow out the candle beside her bed, but stopped when she saw the light catch something beside it.

What on earth?

She bent closer and then saw it clearly. It was a ring. It had a large sapphire in the center, and on each side of the golden ring, there was an S inscribed in it.

"Mother's ring? How did it-"

She broke off, remembering something.

It must have been when I fought that snake-demon...

"Selene..." she heard herself whisper her mother's name, without realizing it. Then, she heard a girl scream...

No...

******************************************************* *************************************

DID YA LIKE IT? HUH? HUH? *hopeful eyes* I hope so! ^_^ *jumps up and down* YEA! I'm so glad I got this up! I was hoping to get it up sooner, but oh well... Anyways, I hope you'll review this! I actually am surprising myself. I've never written anything more then a few paragraphs per chapter, and now look at me! ^^; Also, I must confirm something: Chumoru and Etsuko are not evil! Well, maybe Chu is but...

Chumoru: HEY! >I

Etsuko: *smirks*

Hehe! ^^; But, seriously, they aren't. You'll be able to tell better in the next chapters hopefully. Right now they are kinda acting a bit that way, but don't forget that in real life, they are cute, fuzzy, BUNNIES! LOL! =^..^=

Chumoru: *falls over* GAH!

Etsuko: O.o;;; Oh kay... time for me to go before you degrade us even further...

Well, I gotta go now anyways! Love to ya all! *huggles* Sayonara everyone! ^.~

Etsuko: Ja ne!

Chumoru: *wink*

-Sarah Barah and friends.