InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Insert Friends = Utter Chaos!! ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha. It is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. Astrid, Rosalie, Kala, Amanda, and Isabella are owned by my friends and me.
 (I had to redo my story for a second. Sorry for those who were reading! Update 6/11)
Hello! This is a fan fiction that my friends asked me to do. My four friends and I are in this, and they love it. This was their challenge to me, since I love making fan fictions. Please review, don't be mean. I worked really hard on this!
All of our names are changed, so don't think that these are our real names (And, to those who know Stephanie Meyer… My friends are obsessed and couldn't come up with their own name). This is a brief description of my friends and me:
Astrid
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Very Short, Black, spiked in the back
Likes: dark colors, drawing, dreaming, blood, anime, friends, vampires, books with murders in them, manga, uh… and anime.
Rosalie (AKA Rosie)
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Very Long, Dirty blonde, usually up in a bun
Likes: Happy Bunny, having fun, being with friends, listening to music, sometimes reading (if it's a really good book), stating the obvious
Kala
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Short, Brown with Blonde highlights
Likes: Japanese, friends, all kinds of anime, drawing, reading when she doesn't have homework (which she does every day)
Amanda (AKA Mandy) [This is me!]
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Short, Brown, longer near the front, short near the back
Likes: anime, friends, drawing, writing, reading, music, learning new languages
Isabella (AKA Bella)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Long, Light Brown, usually in a French braid or held up by a head band
Likes: reading, anime, friends
You also need a little background on me. My parents dislike anime and Japan, period. I always have to borrow anime and manga from everyone else! I do own a few meager manga, but three of them were torn to bits by my dad!
Enjoy! *^__^*
Chapter 1
Someplace in a North American High School Cafeteria…
“Oh my god, guys, guys!!” I said, rushing into the cafeteria. All of my friends looked up, wondering what I was so excited about. “Guys, you'll never guess what happened!”
“Your parents bought you some anime?!?!” Astrid asked, also feeling the excitement.
“Close,” I said, then held up the tickets, “I have distant relatives in Japan, and they're letting all of us come to visit for the month!”
Astrid and Kala leaped up, screaming. “You're gonna bring me, right, Mandy?” Astrid hugged me.
“What about me? Me too, right?” Kala asked, patting my shoulder with her hand. “Mandy?”
“Of course! Why wouldn't I bring my friends?” I said, prying myself from Astrid, “Rosie and Bella are coming, too!”
“Huh?” Said the two mentioned. Rosalie, AKA Rosie, had been listening to her IPod and didn't hear, and Isabella, or Bella, had her head stuck in Twilight by Stephanie Meyer.
“Oh, yeah, and the principal said he would excuse us from that month of school, as long as we learn and bring back some Japanese culture.” I added.
“Anime!!” Astrid shouted, “Manga!”
“I better buy an English-Japanese dictionary then.” Rosalie said, putting away her IPod.
“When are we leaving?” Isabella asked.
I glanced down at the airplane tickets, “Next Saturday, 3 AM.” I grinned, “Everybody, start packing! We'll meet at my house, and my parents will drop us off at the airport.”
“Wait, your parents aren't coming?” Astrid asked. I shook my head.
“They never liked the Higurashis, since they practice `magic.'” I replied.
“Wait… Higurashi sounds sort of familiar…” Isabella said, pondering.
“Who cares?!” Astrid shouted, leaping around, hugging every stranger she could find, “We're going to Japan!!”
Somewhere in Japan…
“I have a distant relative in the U.S.?!?” I said, shocked, “And she's coming this weekend with four friends?!”
Kun-loon, my mother, seemed a bit surprised at my reaction, as if I should have been expecting this. “Honey, I think you need a break, and who better to do it with than new people?”
“Mom! I can't worry about a handful of people; you know I have things to do!” I very nearly shouted, “You of all people should know that.”
“It's alright, Kagome. I'm sure they're so psyched about coming here that they won't notice you're gone most of the time.” Kun-loon said, smiling, “Don't worry. I just didn't want to leave bad terms with Mandy-chan's family. Ever since they learned about your grandpa's…er, `magic', they haven't talked to us.”
That's understandable, I thought, Gramps doesn't practice real magic… They might think that's immoral.
I wonder… What is my cousin like?
Saturday, 4 AM ECT On a plane…
“Oh, my, gosh, guys, this is so exciting!” I said, looking to my left. There were enough seats that we could all sit in one row. I claimed the window seat on the right side of the plane. “I've never been on a plane before, and I've never even been out of the U.S.!”
“I know! Me, too!” Astrid said, “I can't wait to get there and buy lots of anime --- I saved up for this all week!”
“Is that all you're thinking about, Astrid?” Rosalie asked, turning to her. Astrid smiled, nodding vigorously.
“There are other things in Japan besides anime,” Kala said, “You might want to save your money for other stuff you see.”
“Yea and my parents wouldn't ever let me bring back a bunch of anime,” I said sadly, “But I'll try to bring something back that they'll approve of.”
“Hey, Bella, you haven't said anything about this yet,” Kala said, looking over at said person. She didn't hear, because she was reading that book again, “Bella?”
“Huh?” Isabella said, glancing up. All of us, except the confused Isabella, burst out laughing.
“I know it's a good book, Bella, but you could at least tell us what you think about the trip so far,” I said, grinning, “I'm sure the Higurashis went through a lot of trouble to send all of us to Japan, so be grateful!”
Flashback, in the Higurashi household, 2 weeks previous…
I rolled my eyes as Kun-loon listened intently to the lottery numbers, ticket in hand. The lotto tickets were only 200 yen each, so Mom bought them after she heard from a fortuneteller that they were lucky. The vender was the fortuneteller. So I didn't expect us to win anything.
“The next prize contains five round trip airplane tickets from the USA to Japan. Those of you who have American relatives could really use these!” The announcer on the radio said.
I have relatives in Japan, Kagome! Maybe I could use this!” My mother said.
Again, I rolled my eyes, “Mom, you're so predictable. Do you know what your chances are at winning that?”
“The vender said I could win.”
“That's because she wanted more money, Mom. She probably said that to everybody.”
“We're about to announce the numbers!” The radio announcer said.
“Here, you check it for me!” Kun-loon said, “I'm too excited!!” I sighed, taking the ticket.
The first three numbers were right so far. “Mom, your chance at winning this is probably one to a hundred billion,” I said, reading the numbers to myself, not realizing that most of them matched so far, “If you win this, I'd go and kiss Miroku. That's how fair a chance you have, because I'd never kiss h---“
My jaw dropped as the last number was read off. “Kagome?” Kun-loon said, “Kagome, what is it? Did we not win?”
“You won.” I said in a small voice.
“Oh my god, Kagome!! I won!! I won!! My wish came true!!!*” She said, jumping about, “Now, what was that about one to a hundred billion chance?”
“You didn't hear me say that last part,” I demanded of her, “If anyone found out about that, I'm toast.” Kun-loon paused, glancing behind me.
“I think it's too late for that, Kagome.” She said, giggling. I turned to see InuYasha with a startled and disgusted expression. I immediately felt the blood rushing up to my face.
“You sick, perverted woman!!” InuYasha said, dashing out.
“No, InuYasha, wait! I can explain!”
*Refer to Episode 6: Tetsusaiga, the Phantom Sword
Kyoto, Japan 19:00 Japan Time (Or 7:00 PM) Kyoto Airport
“Kobanwa,” I greeted the dark-eyed, dark-haired girl. She held a sign with our names on it, “Watashi namae wa Amanda.” (Good evening, my name is Amanda.)
“You don't need to speak Japanese,” She said, “And it's not evening.”
“Sorry,” I said, bowing. My friends did the same… well, most of them did.
“Hi!!!” Astrid said, hugging the girl tightly, “I've never met an authentic Japanese person… in Japan!!”
“That's…great.” She said. I pried Astrid off of her --- why am I always the one doing that? --- and apologized.
“Astrid's just really glad to be here,” I said, “Oh, yea, Higurashi-san, what's your given name?” I put it in terms I hoped she would understand better.
“Kagome. Just call me Kagome.” She replied.
“That's a pretty good name, isn't it, Kala?” I said.
“Kagome means `beautiful priestess' in English.” Kala said.
“Uh-huh…” Rosalie said after looking it up in her new English-Japanese dictionary.
I introduced everybody, and Kagome welcomed each. “OK, now that we know one another, let's get to my house,” Kagome said, “Luckily, my Gramps rented us a van so we can put your luggage in there.”
I looked down at our bags. I counted twelve of them, all relatively large in size. Glancing at Kala, I found that she hadn't set her things down yet. She carried three bags on her right shoulder and two on her left, while carrying another bag in each hand. I sweat-dropped.
“So that means we're taking a bus, right?” I asked. Kagome smiled grimly, nodding. “Don't look so glum to meet us! Are we that scary?”
“You find me absolutely terrifying, don't you?” Astrid said, growling. We all laughed except the estranged Kagome.
“Don't worry about her,” Rosalie said, “Her bark's worse than her bite.”
“Are you sure, Rosalie?” Astrid turned to her, baring her teeth.
Rosalie paused. “Yep.”
Isabella's face lit up with recognition. “Now I remember where I've heard Higurashi! Isn't it from that manga/anime by Rumiko Takahashi?”
We all looked at her, blinking. “Oh, you mean the creator of Ranma 1 / 2?” I asked.
“That's the one.”
“Eh?” Kagome said.
A horn honked, and we all turned to find a van parked near us. Kagome waved at the old man in the seat, whom I presumed was her grandfather. We hauled our luggage over to the van, and Kagome opened the door. While we threw our bags in, she chatted with her Gramps.
“A little help, Mandy?” Kala asked, trying to get the bags off of her shoulders. I smiled, taking the bags hanging off of her right.
After old man Higurashi drove off, we left to find a bus stop. I wonder what's in store for us…?
I hope you enjoyed that! And sorry for that cutoff at “Ranma”… I fixed it, and now you can actually review the full chapter! (ugh… I had to redo this 10 times… It cutoff at Ranma again…and again…)
Next time: We finally arrive at the Sunset Shrine! But Inuyasha pays Kagome a visit…
Please regard me kindly! *bows*