InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Insert Friends = Utter Chaos!! ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry I haven't updated!! I was going to update every week, but last week I had a lot of things to do… And I still have a lot of things to do! I'll try my best to update weekly, and I hope that Kala, Astrid, Rosalie, and Isabella are reading! (They are real people; they know their “names.”) At least, I hope they are… <. < >.>
Also, I try to put little notes here and there for you to refer to. There are some things that I put in my fanfics that are hard to understand for some people unless they read a lot… Like me…
Thanks to decemberangel116 for reviewing!! (My first review on mm.org! *gasp*)
Now here's to chapter 2~! (As I am typing, I am almost done with chapter 3…)
Chapter 2
In the Feudal Era, Japan…
“What's taking Kagome so damn long?” I asked, “She said she'd be right back!”
“Calm yourself, Inuyasha,” Miroku said, sitting cross-legged like me, “I'm sure something came up that Kagome had to take care of.”
“It's been a whole week, and she still hasn't come!” I shouted at him. What if she decided she can't put up with me anymore… I thought. I shook my head to keep the thoughts away, “Is she pissed at me for some reason?”
“It wouldn't be surprising if she did, but…” Shippo said, “Why don't you go get her, Inuyasha? She probably had a lot of things to do since she's always here in the past taking care of the Shikon Jewel shards!”
“Fine, I'll go get her!” I yelled, getting on my feet, “Just wait here!”
“Wow,” Said Sango after she thought I was out of earshot, “Is it just me, or is he a little bit more mature?”
“Don't think I didn't hear that, Sango!” I turned to shout at them, “I have ears, y'know!”
“With comebacks like his, I don't think so, Sango,” Miroku replied, ignoring me.
“Shut up, you stupid monk! I'm going to beat you to a pulp when I get back!” I stomped off toward the Bone Eater's Well.
“Then he hides behind empty threats,” I heard Miroku say. I gritted my teeth and kept going.
Why does everyone have to be rude to me just cuz Kagome's the one who isn't here? I asked myself, stopping in front of the well, We've got to go and find Naraku, and yet Kagome's messing around in her world! I leaped into the well, You better be ready, Kagome, because I'm lugging you butt back here, like it or not!
Present time Japan, near the Sunset Shrine…
I hope I never go to America in my lifetime, I thought as I rode the bus, Because these people are ridiculous!
My cousin Mandy sat by me, while across from us were Astrid and Rosalie. Kala was on the other side of Mandy, and Isabella sat next to me. They were all scary weird.
Astrid had her face buried in Rosalie's shoulder, “Too much sunlight!” She shouted, covering parts of her face that weren't “protected” by Rosalie.
My side of the bus wasn't as scary. Mandy and Kala discussed what they would buy and where they would go. Isabella gazed out the window, a book open in her lap (I couldn't read the title, but I could make out some of the English words, like “stupid lamb” and “sick, masochistic lion”).
The bus slowed to a stop in front of the Sunset Shrine, “This is my place,” I said, and we all tumbled out of the vehicle.
“Wow! A shrine!” They said, gazing up the steps to my home. The bus took off as we stood there.
“Look at that huge tree!” Mandy said as we walked up the stairs. When we got to the top, she went over to it, “It feels so peaceful here.” She started to reach her hand out to touch the bark, but she hesitated, looking at me, “Is it alright if I touch it?”
“Yea, sure,” I said, smiling a bit. At least North Americans aren't rude, like a certain someone from the Feudal Era that I know…
“There's a rough mark here,” Mandy said, gently rubbing it, “Somebody was flung to this tree with tremendous force.” Kala came up to inspect it next.
“Somebody was pinned to this tree,” Kala examined, pointing at a miniscule hole, “An arrow mark…”
I was amazed at their observation skills. The two moved aside so that Astrid, Rosalie, and Isabella could take a look. “So, Kagome, is there anything else around here that's interesting?” Kala asked.
“No, not really. Just an old shrine,” I said, “Why don't we go inside and organize your rooms? I'm sure Gramps had a hard time getting the bags inside.”
They walked up to the sliding door, and they took off their shoes. They set them by my little brother's shoes. Mandy opened the door, letting everyone go ahead of her. It's a good thing they know some Japanese culture, or mom would've had a fit that they got the floors all dirty, I thought, These people will be no problem to me, as long as…
“Kagome!” I heard Inuyasha call.
Inuyasha…doesn't…come… I thought slowly, turning as he landed in front of me. Luckily, Mandy and her friends had been welcomed inside by Kun-loon. I sighed, relieved, They didn't hear or see him… That's good.
“Inuyasha,” I said sweetly. Inuyasha knew what was coming, although he probably didn't know why. He tried to run, “Sit.”
Inside the Sunset Shrine…
A loud thump came from outside. “What was that?” Rosalie asked, “It sounded like someone just dropped dead from the sky.”
“Ooooo!” Astrid said, sneaking back towards the door, “If that's true, I want to see the blood!”
“No, I think my father just dumped the burnables* in its container,” Mrs. Higurashi explained, “Come, I'll show you to your rooms.” I walked up beside her with Isabella.
“Thank you for letting us stay, Mrs. Higurashi.” Isabella said, “We're all very grateful.”
“It was no problem, really!” She said, smiling at her as we all continued down the hallway. “And, please, call me Kun-loon.”
“I'm Bella.” She said, and then glanced back at the others, “Back there is Astrid, Rosalie, and Kala.”
Kun-loon looked at me, “You must be Mandy.” I nodded, “Are your parents still mad at us?”
“Yea, I think so. They were reluctant to let me come, but they decided that if I saw it with my own eyes, I'll never like your part of the family,” I said, and then shook my head, “I don't think that could happen. You're all so nice.”
“Why, thank you, Mandy. I'm glad that all of that nastiness between our families ends with you.” Kun-loon smiled, something I found she did constantly. She stopped at a hallway, “These are your rooms. And your things are here,” She gestured at the big pile of bags, “You can pick whichever room you choose.”
All of the rooms were basically the same, except for their color and the way the furniture was arranged. Bella opened one of the doors, liking what she saw. There was a bed, a dresser with a mirror, a closet, and a window draped with lightly colored curtains.
“It feels like…” She started to say, and then drifted off. Kun-loon glanced inside.
“This is the water room,” Kun-loon said, “I like this room. It's so serene.”
The room Bella had opened was blue, but not so much that it was overpowering. A nice breeze flew in through the window, bringing in the sounds of lapping waves. I thought this was strange, since there were no bodies of water nearby.
Rosalie opened the next door, and, suddenly, the scent of flowers flowed out of it. This room was nearly the same as Bella's, except it was purple. Birds sung in the tree outside the window.
“That's the nature room, which is very calm and peaceful.” Kun-loon explained.
Astrid walked to the door across from Rosalie's. Opening it, all of us were hit with a wave of what felt like an aura of shadowy creatures. We peeked inside, and found the walls covered with bloody athames** and sacramental sutras. Nearly everything was black. We all sweat-dropped.
“Oh, sorry…” Kun-loon said, starting to close the door, “I don't think you want that room… Some of our ancestors (who, thankfully, haven't passed their rites onto us) used to do sacrifices to the kami here.” She realized she accidently said a Japanese word, “Oh, my English isn't as good as I thought…”
“I understood you.” Rosalie said, “Sacrifices to the gods, right?” We gazed at her, blinking. This wasn't the Rosalie we all knew and loved. “Hey, I pick up a few things from Kala! And besides, I do have a Japanese-English dictionary.”
“No, I want this room,” Astrid said, holding the door open, “It's beautiful…” She went up and stroked one of the athames, which was caked with read, “Ah… blood…”
“Astrid…” We said simultaneously, shaking our heads.
I opened the door by Astrid's, hoping to get a nice room like everyone else. Instead, I found a closet. I sweat-dropped.
“You want… the closet?” Kun-loon asked, confused. I shook my head, waving my hands in front of me, “Oh, alright…”
“I'll try this door, Mandy…” Kala said, smiling at me. I narrowed my eyes at her teasingly.
This room smelled slightly of salt water. Most everything was sea green --- the bed, the curtains, and even the walls. The tints varied from item to item.
“That's the sea room,” Kun-loon said, “Legends passed down in my family say that, in this very room, a sea goddess stayed and blessed us. I haven't ever heard the end of that story…” Kala nodded, and I knew she wanted that room. “This leaves the last room to Mandy.”
I glanced at the door that ended the hallway. I saw Rosalie and Bella to my left, putting their bags on their beds. To my right, Astrid and Kala were doing the same (except Astrid didn't have a bed to put anything on, so she put it on a sacrificial alter). Kun-loon guided me to the door --- although I didn't really need it. She probably thought that I would open another closet and call it a room --- and I opened the door.
This room was red, with some yellows and oranges to even it out. The colors weren't really bright (thankfully), but it seemed to give off a cheery atmosphere. As soon as I entered, I loved it.
“This is the fire room,” Kun-loon said, “It was in memory of a part of the shrine that we lost to a fire. I hope you like it!” She walked between the five rooms, “I'll leave you so you can settle in. Kagome, hopefully, will get you later. If not Kagome, I'll send Sota.” She smiled, walking away.
“I'm kind of hungry, Mrs. Higurashi,” Astrid said, “This time change has left us with empty bellies!”
“Alright, I'll make all of you a nice meal.” Kun-loon replied, and then strode off.
“Astrid's right. I'm starving!” I said, dragging my bags to my room. My stomach grumbled, “I hope she makes something good!”
When suppertime came, it was Ramen noodles. And that was when we started realizing that something strange was going on…
* In Japan, they separate garbage into burnables and non-burnables.
** Ceremonial double-edged knives, used in sacrificial rituals
Yay!! Chapter 2 is done!! *pants* my hands hurt…I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Next time: Kagome's secret is blown! Chaos ensues as Astrid brings out Inuyasha season three! What horrors shall follow? Find out in the next chapter!
PS: I am actually thinking of updating once every two weeks. I have a lot of things to do, and if I don't do them, no computer for Mandy! T.T
Please regard me kindly! *bows*