InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Insert Friends = Utter Chaos!! ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, and welcome to the third chapter of IF = UC!!. This one is the longest I've EVER made, since Kala's birthday was the fifth and Rosalie's was the eighth. This is your birthday present from me! Happy belated birthday! (Sorry to Rosalie, your other b-day present is coming later. XP)
 
Thanks to everyone that reviewed... although I know you all, except Sarah. I've never actually met you, but I've heard about you. If I get it up, you might not want to read The New Organization XIII (There's a bit of Harry Potter bashing XP). Anyways, on with the story!
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Kala, Rosalie, Astrid, Isabella, and Mandy are owned by my friends and me. Don't steal!
 
Chapter 3
Suppertime, with Kagome, her family, and Mandy's friends...
 
This could not get any worse.
Ok, maybe it could... Inuyasha could come bursting in and blowing my secret as a time-traveling priestess, while, simultaneously, eating up every last bit of Ramen noodles we had. At least it wasn't that bad.
But, behind Mandy and her friends, Inuyasha sat staring through the window at us.
At first, I didn't realize it. I was so focused on hurrying up so I could get ready to go to the Feudal Era. One of the girls --- I think her name's Astrid, the one with the black hair --- said something that made her friends laugh. While I glanced up to see what was so funny, I saw a glimpse of a red haori and white hair.
I froze in mid-bite, gazing at Inuyasha. “Hey, Kagome, what's wrong?” Mandy asked, causing everyone else to look at me.
“Oh, n-nothing's wrong, Mandy! Let's just sit ---” Inuyasha whammed into the ground with a sickening crack, while falling out of view from the window, “--- down and enjoy the meal!” I finished, happy that Inuyasha was now out of sight.
“Ok, then, Kagome!” Mandy said, grinning.
“Didn't you guys hear that?” Kala asked, looking out the window, “It was like that sound Rose heard earlier...”
“So, you mean there's a bunch of dead people falling from the sky?” Rosalie threw in.
Astrid gazed at her, and her expression turned devilish. She grinned from ear to ear and said, “Blood. I want to see the blood!” She started to get up, but Bella pulled her back down.
“No, Astrid, the neighbors were probably putting burnables in its container.” She replied, using the excuse my mom had told me about, “Eat your Ramen, or it'll get cold.”
“Ah, nooooo!!” Astrid panicked, seeing that her food --- her favorite food, apparently --- was losing its heat. She went back to eating it.
That was lucky. I thought, heaving a sigh of relief in my head. I thought my cover was nearly blown. As I continued eating, I noticed Kala and Mandy eyeing me suspiciously.
“What?” I asked them. The two exchanged glances, and then back to me.
“Just what are you hiding?” Kala questioned, narrowing her eyes.
“Yea, Kagome, there's something strange going on here...” Vicki said.
Uh-oh. I'm in trouble. I thought, trying to keep a straight face and failing. What should I do...?
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
“Kala, it all connects.” I said, “A tree with an arrow mark, Kagome Higurashi, a shrine...”
“You're right, Mandy. I see the connections, too.” Kala said, “And the fact that the noise outside occurred when Kagome said `sit'...”
Kagome was flitting around nervously. We had her backed in a corner. Astrid's eyes went wide as she realized what was happening.
“Oh my god, you mean that this is Kagome, reincarnation of ---” She started to say, but Bella covered her mouth in time.
“Guys, I want to see if my theory is right,” I said, going towards the dining room door, “I don't know if this will work, but since I'm related to her...
“Sit.” Crashing noises were heard beyond the door, and I slid it open. Just as I suspected, Inuyasha was right outside the door, probably wondering what all the noise was about. I picked him up by one of his doggie ears, dragging him inside. “Just as I assumed, Kala. It's Inuyasha.”
Kagome stood up, shocked and utterly confused. “Eh?!?!?” She stared at me, and then said, “You, me, hallway. NOW.”
She started walking out, and I followed her. I knew that my friends were sneaking up to the door. Inuyasha, who wasn't dazed anymore, turned to them. Kagome and I stood there staring at each other, wondering how to start the conversation.
“Who the hell are you people?!” Inuyasha shouted.
“I'm Kagome's little brother, Sota,” I heard Sota say as he took care of the Ramen bowls, “That's Gramps, and that's Mom...” Kagome and I came back in, deciding to take care of the chaos in here instead.
“Not you! I mean them!” Inuyasha pointed a clawed finger at my friends.
“That's Rosalie, that's Isabella, that's Astrid, and I'm Kala.” Kala introduced everyone.
“I'm human!” Astrid interrupted. We shook our heads at her.
“Sometimes I wonder...” My friends and I said together (except Astrid, of course), and then we looked at each other. We laughed.
Sota, his mom, and his Gramps were ignoring us, leaving. Kagome and Inuyasha stared at us, eyebrows twitching. He turned to me, “Then who the hell is this?!”
“I'm Kagome's cousin, Mandy.” I said, giving him a big smile, waving. I saw Inuyasha's hair and I immediately wanted to do something I always wanted to do, “Aw, aren't you a cute wittle doggie?” I said in baby talk, petting his hair, “Yes, you are! Yes, you are!”
All of them laughed, even the confounded Kagome. “Get offa me!” Inuyasha said, trying to claw at me, but I used the subduing word. He fell to the floor with a head-splitting crack!
“You're such a good boy!” I said, petting his hair again, using the same tone as before.
“Wait.” Bella said, “What language are we speaking here? Does Inuyasha even know any English?”
“Oh, I accidently started talking in Japanese!” Kagome said, and then added, “But, so did all of you...”
Everyone was silent, except the groaning Inuyasha. None of us understood why we could now comprehend and speak in other languages without us knowing it.
“Oh, well. Guess we'll never know.” Rosalie said, shrugging. My friends and I also shrugged. Kagome gazed at us as if we were crazy for blowing off something like that.
“What's going on here, Kagome? How do these people know me?!” Inuyasha said, very confused.
“Astrid, bring out the third season!” I announced. She glanced around, fingers flitting on her shirt.
“What third season? I don't know what you're talking about!” Astrid said, fidgeting some more. Kala and I lifted our brows at her (Bella and Rosalie would, too, but they could never grasp that facial movement). She cracked under the pressure, “OK! I brought it. Give me a second...” She left for a brief moment, coming back with the third season of Inuyasha. “Ta-da!”
Kagome looked at it, eyes wide. “Is that... me in Inuyasha's haori?”
“Yep.” Bella said, “You wore that in Fateful Night at Togenkyo, Part II.
“I loved that episode!” I said, “That's because everyone thought Inuyasha was dead, and they all cried.” My eyes watered, “And Kagome called him an idiot for dying on her, and then Inuyasha came up and asked why he was an idiot. That was when Kagome went up to him and started blubbering...”
“Ha! I told you that you were blubbering!” Inuyasha accused, and then paused, “Wait... how do you know so much?”
“We have to show you,” I said, and then turned to Kagome, “Do you have a DVD player?” She nodded, still dazed. This was when Kagome snapped out of it.
“W-wait... W-What?! I don't get this at all! Are you saying I'm part of some anime show?!” She shrieked. Inuyasha covered his sensitive ears.
“Yea, that's pretty much what we're saying.” Rosalie said with a grin on her face, “Weren't you paying attention?”
“Hey,” I said, smiling slowly at my realization, “That means we're on an anime show, too!” I turned, waving in what I thought was the general direction of whoever was watching us, “Hello, Inuyasha fangirls! I'd like to give a shout out to all of you ---” I scrubbed the top of Inuyasha's head, making a silly face and a peace sign with my hand, “I pet Inuyasha and you di-int!”
“Hey, cut that out!” Inuyasha said. Bella helped Kala drag me away.
“Stop poking the sleeping dog in the eye...” Kala warned me, “He'll bite.” I shrugged, grinning.
“When he bites, I'll just bite back harder.” I said, eyeing Inuyasha's little doggie ears, “And a dog's weakness is the ears...” The items in question twitched, knowing that they were now the object of conversation. They were covered by clawed hands.
“C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!” Astrid begged, standing by the TV, “I wanna watch some anime!!” She bounced up and down where she stood, clutching the Inuyasha DVDs to her chest.
“Hey, I know what episode we should watch!” I said, excited, “Farewell Days of my Youth!” All of us nodded in agreement at the choice. Astrid stuck the DVD into the player.
Inuyasha and Kagome stared as familiar people in cartoon form appeared on the screen. Since the episode we wanted was first on the disc, Astrid pressed play. “Owaranai Yume” (or is it “Owari nai Yume”?) played as credits for the show appeared, along with some of the Inuyasha cast. During the episode, peals of laughter would break out, none of them coming from Inuyasha. Kagome was too stunned, and only laughed if it was utterly hilarious. We watched as Miroku was being controlled by what they thought was the centipede demon's spirit. Then it was Inuyasha's turn, and he hopped (like a flea...) after Shippo, who was riding Kirara.
“Huh?!?” Inuyasha said, watching, “I don't remember doing that!!” All of us from America covered our moths to stop the laughter. We knew what was coming next.
“Don't think you can escape from me, you naughty little rascal.” Inuyasha --- on the TV --- said in a girly voice, sliding his kimono off his right shoulder, “I'm all yours for the taking my sweet, foxy darling.” I snorted, starting to laugh along with all of my friends. Kagome looked like she was about to drop dead, and Inuyasha's jaw hit the floor.
“Poor Shippo!” I said, nearly crying, either from mirth or from sympathy, I didn't know, “He's been scarred for life. He deserves a lot of hugs, and some therapy.”
After the episode was over, Astrid put the DVDs away. There was a long, awkward silence afterwards. Kagome stared off into deep space, but Inuyasha looked almost thoughtful. Full of thoughts? Yea, right.
“We really didn't need to know that, Inuyasha.” Astrid said suddenly. We all looked at her, the same question on our minds: Really didn't need to know what? Inuyasha didn't say anything. “What do you mean? Inuyasha just said he really needed to piss.”
“Y-You just read our minds!” Inuyasha said, startled. He narrowed his eyes at Astrid, “I knew there was something strange about you.”
“Doesn't everybody?” Bella asked. Everyone agreed, even Kagome. Astrid was one strange person...
“Cool, Astrid can read minds!” Rosalie said, “Okay, what am I thinking right...now.” Astrid held her hands out to Rosalie, closing her eyes in complete and utter concentration. She gave up, sighing.
“I don't hear anyone's thoughts now,” She said, “Not unless everyone's thinking of nothing.”
“No, I was just thinking how totally awesome it would be to read Koga's mind...” I said, daydreaming, “No! Even better --- Bankotsu's mind...” I imagined his thoughts to be beautifully violent, yet terribly romantic at the same time. As I drifted, I didn't realize as Kala slowly brought her hands up to my face. She clapped an inch from my nose, snapping me from my daze. “Lollipops are chaos!!!!+” I shouted in shock, glancing at everyone's confused expressions. “So... what's happenin'?”
At that moment, Kun-loon walked in. “It's quite late, girls --- and Inuyasha,” She added, “Why don't you stay the night? I'm sure your friends won't mind.”
My friends and I exchanged glances. Kun-loon had bought us some time to plan. I mouthed, “Midnight, my room,” to them, and they nodded. Tonight, our plotting to get the Feudal Era would begin...
+”Lollipops are chaos” is a quote I love from this Kingdom Hearts fanfiction on fanfiction.net. Just so you don't think I'm the master of randomosity. If you really want to know, it's called “Lollipops and Chaos” by EXPLOSIONS GO B O O M.
 
Next time: Kala has a strange dream, and shares it with us! What does this mean? And how come all of a sudden we're getting weird powers like Astrid's mind-reading incident?!?! Find out in chapter 4!
PS: I updated because I accidently put my friend's real name in! Whoops! XP
Updated/Edited 7/8