InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha and Kagome: Lovers or Haters ❯ Problems ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1



“What? What are you talking about?” said Inuyasha. “ You always run out on me when ever I need you most! I just can’t take it anymore.” Kagome said as tears streamed from her eyes. ‘Oh no. What have I said?’ Kagome thought nervously. Inuyasha wrinkled his nose as the scent of Kagome’s salty tears burned. Kagome stood up and walked towards the well. She reached the edge when all of the sudden Inuyasha’s hand flew out and grabbed hers.

Kagome has secretly loved Inuyasha and now she was afraid that she has slipped it out. She turned her head to find these beautiful golden orbs staring into her blue-gray pools.
“I’m sorry.” He said in a low voice.
“You say it but you don’t mean it.” Kagome Said.
She pulled her had out of his grasp and jumped into the well. Inuyasha stared in shock and lowered his ears. He turned around and started to head toward the village.
‘ Why do I always have to run away to see Kikyo. I guess I can’t choose between them.’

While he was thinking about it, Sango came running out of the bushes with her boomerang and flung it at Inuyasha. Inuyasha jumped out of the way but the boomerang put a good size gash in his side.
“Hey! What did ya do that for, wench!” Inuyasha yelled.
“Inuyasha, I am tired of watching Kagome cry over you everytime you leave her because your so called ‘senses’ say that Kikyo is in trouble.” Sango said as she stood in front of him.

Her eyes shot over to the well and softened then shot back at Inuyasha, her eyes returning to their menacing glare. Inuyasha stared blankly. ‘I’m sorry Sango. I just don’t know who to choose. I love Kagome but Kikyo was my first love.’ Inuyasha was speechless.
“Now Inuyasha. You must promise me to stop breaking Kagome’s already broken heart….” Sango said in a low, dark voice. “ or I will kill you.”

She turned and left a wounded Inuyasha on the ground staring after her. Inuyasha stared until she was out of sight the glanced over toward the well. He walked towards the well and sat at the edge. He could smell Kagome’s sweet scent. Everyday he looked forward toward that smell and a happy and laughing Kagome. He lowered his ears when Kagome’s scent started to die away. Inuyasha got up and walked to the village, happy that an angered Sango didn’t jump out of the bushes. When he got there, he over heard Sango and Miroku talking.

“You did WHAT to him?” said the monk.
“I feel sorry that I did but I was so mad and what he keeps doing to Kagome and watching her cry every time he runs off is breaking my heart.” Sango said with anger in her voice.
“Sango, Kikyo is his first love and then Kagome came. I could understand how he feels right now. If I’m not mistaken, Inuyasha loves both of them and yet he doesn’t know who he loves more.” Miroku explained.
Sango had a worried look on her face. ‘What if he chooses Kikyo over Kagome? Kagome would be heart broken.’ Sango thought.

Inuyahsa walked away to a nearby tree. He sat at the base of the trunk and started to think. ‘I don’t want to break Kagome’s heart nor do I want to break Kikyo’s. Stupid human emotions. Kami, what do I do?’
“I hope your not worried about that gash and are worried about Kagome.” Miroku said suddenly.
Inuyasha jumped and yelled “Damn you Miroku! Don’t sneak up on me like that!”
Miroku paid no attention to it and just sat down. Inuyasha sat back down and was hoping Miroku wasn’t here to gouge his eyes out. After a long silence, Inuyasha finally spoke.
“Miroku, I’m sorry that I hurt her feelings. I just can’t decide.”
“Inuyasha, I understand completely. You wish to be with Kikyo but return because Kagome simply gives you pleasure.” Miroku said without hesitation. He looked at Inuyasha and saw his menacing death glare. Inuyasha growled low while Miroku said quickly “Just a thought. he he.”
“Letcherous monk!” was all he said. “Shows how much you know. I love both of them. It’s just too difficult to decide who I want to be with.” Inuyahsa sighed.
“Well, I don’t know what to say, Inuyasha. Which brings you the most joy?”
“Kagome” Inuyasha said without hesitation.
“And who gave their life for you?”
“Kagome” replied Inuyasha.
“And who cares for you and would always stick by your side no matter what happens?”
Inuyasha had to think about it. He answered the only name that came to his mind.
“Kagome.” Inuyasha said quietly.
“Well, now you should know who to choose.”
“Feh” was all he heard as Miroku walked away, leaving Inuyasha to gather his thoughts.



Kagome came through the well and stood next to the stairs. She sat down and started to cry. ‘I’m such a baka. Inuyasha will never love me as much as he loves Kikyo. Face it Kagome, he only loves Kikyo.’ Kagome wiped away her tears, stood up and pasted a smile on her face. She walked out of the well house and across the shrine. She saw her mother in the garden.
“Mama! I’m home!” she said happily.
“Kagome-chan, darling, your home! You must be hungry. I’ll make you some meso.” Said Mama.
“I’ll be taking a bath.” Said Kagome.
She started into the house and up the stairs. She laid her book bag down on her bed and started for the bathroom. She turned on the hot water and waited for the bath to fill. She poured bubble bath into the water and bubbles flowed through the bathtub. ‘Just what I need to relax me. A nice hot bath should take my mind off of that hanyou and his troubles that effect me.’ She stepped into the water and laid down.
“Ahhh. This is the life.” She said as her muscles started to relax.

After her bath, she got into her pajamas and headed down for dinner. Her mother gave her meso and said “So, how are things in the Feudal Era?”
Kagome didn’t want to tell her mother what was going on between her and Inuyasha.
“Every thing is fine.” She lied. “There is nothing new. Every thing is all the same.”
“Oh okay. I just thought something might have happened because you came home so early.” Said Kagome’s mother in confusion.
“No. I just missed you. That’s all.” Kagome said innocently. “Thank you for dinner. I’m going to bed. It’s really getting late.”
“Okay dear.” Said Kagome’s mother.
Kagome walked slowly to her room thinking about Inuyasha. “I don’t know what to do. Kami, please help me!’ She laid her head on her pillow and drifted off into a deep sleep.