InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha and Kagome: Lovers or Haters ❯ Kagome's New Power ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7

“How did you know she has shown me her dreams? How did you know that she possessed that kind of power?” Inuyasha asked rapidly.
“Stop asking questions. She will tell you soon.” Sesshomaru said calmly. Inuyasha dashed out of Sesshomaru’s palace and started running towards the village. ‘If I go back to Goshinkobu, I could find Kikyo by scent.’ Inuyasha started to see the village in a large clearing. He came by Goshinokbu and caught a very weak scent. Inuyasha had to jump from treetop to treetop to follow her scent until it descended toward the ground. Kikyo’s scent was so strong that Inuyasha no longer needed his nose, the scent had led him to a hot springs with a nearby waterfall. Kikyo was standing near the waterfall heading towards the forest when Inuyasha stopped her. “Kikyo, I’m sorry. I just can’t…” Inuyasha stopped talking when she raised her hand and put it over his mouth.

“I understand Inuyasha. I was trying to say good-bye but you didn’t give me a chance to. My time here on this earth has come and gone, I’m no longer needed to be here and now I can finally rest in peace. Inuyasha, I release you of your promise, now, go to Kagome. Her powers are getting stronger by the minute because her whole soul is now with her. If she doesn’t know that you truly love her then she will use her miko powers to destroy you and the world uncontrollably.” Kikyo explained.
“Are you saying that she will destroy that world without realizing that she has done it?” Inuyasha asked.
“Precisely Inuyasha, but not to worry. Sesshomaru already knows of her power. He has summoned a trainer to teach her to control her powers. Beware, Inuyasha, something will change in the future that you must pay heed to. It would be wise to watch my reincarnation very closely. This is where I leave you, Inuyasha, good-bye.” And with that, Kikyo faded into a white light and was absorbed into the earth. ‘How does Sesshomaru know all about what is happening to Kagome? I have to get back to her.’ Inuyasha started to leave when a globe of white light zoomed towards the west. ‘The rest of Kagome’s soul.’ Inuyasha thought. ‘Don’t worry Kagome, I’m on my way.’


Sesshomaru sat by Kagome’s bed and stroked her hair. ‘How can this be? Could it be that I am falling in love for this ningen? It can’t be. I have never felt this way about a female before, a ningen at that.’ He thought as he touched her lips. He stared at the raven haired girl, examining her eyes, lips, nose, and her rosy cheeks as he rubbed a finger down her face and onto her neck. Sesshomaru bent down low enough to sweep his lips over her sand quickly pulled away. ‘I truly have fallen for her.’ Sesshomaru stood and exited the room. “Kagura, send for a trainer. When Kagome wakes up, she will train to control her miko powers that shall be stronger in the future.”
“As you wish, my lord.” Kagura bowed and disappeared from Sesshomaru’s sight.


Inuyasha saw that it was getting dark as he stopped to make camp. ‘Finally, I’m free from Kikyo’s promise and now I can ask for Kagome’s promise to me as mine is to her.’ Inuyasha’s mind kept remembering the dreams that Kagome’s soul showed him. ‘I will never hurt her ever again as long as I live.’ He vowed as he stared into the fire. He replayed the image in his mind over and over. ‘How could Sesshomaru know all of this before I would?’ and with that question haunting his mind, he drifted off to a light sleep.


Sesshomaru was in his studies, sitting at his desk thinking. His mind replaying the vision Kagome had shown him.
Flashback

Kagome was half asleep when the shadowed figure came in through the window. “Ses…shomaru…” she whispered as she finally fell into a deep sleep. Sesshomaru stood over her as she slept and swept his hand over her arm, running to her hand. He saw a flash of Kagome in front of him as he took his hand away from Kagome’s. Sesshomaru stared at her calmly and started to grab Kagome’s hand. This time he held on to her and Kagome suddenly appeared in front of him. Kagome was wearing her miko robes with bamboo thong sandals. The two were in the middle of the forest, with it being mid day.
“Why did you bring me here, miko?” Sesshomaru said calmly yet demandingly.
“I have brought you here to tell you about my power. It will grow and grow until I can’t control it. I pray you will do me this small favor. When I wake up in your palace in my bed chamber, you must have a trainer ready for me, to teach me how to control my power.” Kagome said, her eyes were empty and her tone was cold.
“I see. I will merely do this only because something inside you grows and it is meer curiosity that I am allowing it.” He said without emotion.

Kagome gave a little nod and disappeared. Sesshomaru found himself lying on top of Kagome’s legs and his head was on her stomach. He sat there for a while feeling the warm sensation of her skin. He took in a great deal of Kagome’s scent. He rose to his feet and let go of Kagome’s hand. He turned and walked toward the window. Sesshomaru looked back at the raven-haired girl lying limp on her bed, sleeping. ‘I shall make you mine.’ He disappeared into the night as the thought echoed in his mind.

End of Flashback

Sesshomaru sat there staring at a blank piece of paper. He stood and walked over to Kagome’s bed chamber. He opened the door and walked in. Sesshomaru swept his hand over Kagome’s and held on. She did not respond. ‘Why is Lady Kagome not responding?’ he thought. he looked towards the window and saw a bright light come through it. Sesshomaru stood up and watched the ball of light come towards him. “It is done Lady Kagome.” He said instantly. The globe backed away until it hovered over Kagome’s body and made it’s way inside her body. She started to twitch and moan in her sleep. Sesshomaru watched her roll, toss, and turn as Kagome’s soul attached itself to it’s other half. A bright pink barrier started to form around her body as it started to rise in midair. There was a flash of light and then the barrier slowly drifted her back on her purple silk sheets. As the barrier started to disappear, Kagome started to open her eyes.
“What? Wh-what happened? Sesshomaru?” she started to rise but Sesshomaru pushed her back down.
“You must rest Lady Kagome. You must let you soul finish attaching and repairing itself.” Kagome felt a little uneven when Sesshomaru addressed her as royalty.

“I’m greatful for your hospitality.” Kagome complimented. He bent down to sit by Kagome.
“I shall accept your compliment.” He said calmly. All of the sudden, something had came over him. Sesshomaru stared into Kagome’s eyes as she moved closer to him. He lowered his head toward her’s and brought his hands up Kagome’s back and held her head. He moved his lips onto Kagome’s as she opened her mouth to allow him to be welcomed. Sesshomaru let his tongue weave through Kagome’s mouth, as Kagome’s tongue met with his. She licked his lips gently as he tasted the sweetness of her mouth. He pulled away and saw that she was staring wide eyed at him. He gently set her down and stood.
“I have a trainer arriving for you tomorrow. Get all of the rest you can get until then.” Sesshomaru left the room. He caught a scent from Kagome’s heavy arousel and smirked. ‘Soon we will become one. Soon you will be my mate.’ Kagome laid back down, ‘What will Inuyasha think? I do not wish to lose him.’ She fell asleep thinking about Sesshomaru and her encounter with each other