InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha and Kagome: Lovers or Haters ❯ An Orphaned Kitsune ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 11


“We can’t begin yet. We’re missing someone.” Inuyasha said.

“Don’t tell me who I think it is.” Sesshomaru said in a worried voice.

“Well, if what you’re thinking is Kagome then yes.” Kagome jumped out of the tree and in front of both brothers.

“You called boys?” Kagome asked.

“Uhh….ummm….uhh…” Inuyasha stuttered.

“We need you for the blood bond ritual.” Sesshomaru said bluntly.

“Okay boys; would either of you like to explain to me what the blood bond is?”

“Since you can’t have two mates, the only way is to make you drink our blood and for me and Inuyasha to drink each other’s.” He explained.

“Well, sounds good to me. When do we start?” Inuyasha and Sesshomaru looked at each other worried.

“Right now I suppose.” Kagome smiled.

“Yes, okay, umm…let’s get to it.” Inuyasha stuttered again. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha sat down as did Kagome. The two brothers laid down their swords that immediately started to float and circled all three of them. Inuyasha took a small dagger and placed a cut small enough to draw blood. Inuyasha handed Sesshomaru the dagger. He placed a small cut on his wrist like Inuyasha’s. Kagome took Sesshomaru’s wrist and drank until there wasn’t anymore. She then repeated the same process with Inuyasha. As Inuyasha and Sesshomaru drank each other’s blood, Kagome placed a small cut on both her palms and grabbed each brother by their cut wrists. By doing this, she mixed her blood with theirs and their blood with hers. The swords were spinning around them so fast that a wall of blue surrounded them. Kagome then let go as the swords suddenly stopped and flew back to their masters. All three stood up until Kagome broke the silence.

“So that’s it?” she asked.

“I suppose so, yes.” Sesshomaru answered.

‘This is going to be so much fun. Two guys all to myself. If this is a dream, no one wake me up.’ Kagome smirked as she thought to herself.

‘I suppose this is the smile Inuyasha saw. I’d have to agree with him. I really don’t like the way she’s smiling like that.’ Sesshomaru thought to himself.

“So, now that we’re mates, may I call you honey beat?” Sesshomaru looked at her oddly.

“What is a ‘honey bear’?” he asked her.

“Oops. Sorry, it’s a nickname that we use when we marry someone.” She explained.

“Then no, Sesshomaru will simply do fine. As for Inuyasha, call him what ever you like.” He said low.

“Hey!! Kagome just call us by our names not ‘nicknames’.” Inuyasha said violently.

“Okay, alright. It was just a thought. No need to be all harsh on me for suggesting. Well if that’s all, I’m gonna meet you at the palace.” Kagome started to walk away when she turned around and confronted Sesshomaru. “Oh, I almost forgot. Sesshomaru, you wouldn’t mind if Sango and Miroku stay with us at the palace would you?”

“If they must.” He said with a sigh.

“Arigato Sesshomaru. Inuyasha, how come you can’t be as charming as Sesshomaru?” Kagome kissed Sesshomaru and gave him a dangerous wink. Inuyasha caught the sign Kagome had sent and smirked.

“What are you smirking at?” Sesshomaru said as Kagome left.

“You need all the luck you can get. She’s a handful, even for you.”

“I’m sure she is no trouble at all.” Sesshomaru said diligently.

“Good luck with that thought.” Inuyasha said as he walked toward the palace.

“Why do you think she is a handful?” he asked as he followed Inuyasha into the forest.

“No. I’m gonna let you find out yourself tonight.” Inuyasha teased. Sesshomaru got a really bad thought but ignored it.

“You must tell me.” He fought back. The raging war between them continued all the way to the palace.



Kagome walked back to the village. ‘I’m gonna have so much fun. I can’t even hold in my excitement.’ She thought happily. She got to the hut and saw Miroku with a red hand print on his cheek.

“You know, Sango, that one day you will have to stop slapping me.” Miroku said calmly. Sango rolled her eyes and suddenly spotted Kagome.

“So….what did he say?”

“He said okay.” She finally broke the good news.

“Yes! Come on Miroku, start packing. We leave now.” Sango demanded.

“I don’t think this means anything to you but the trip will last at least two days.” Miroku informed.

“Not only is he a lecherous monk but is also stupid. Miroku, we have Kirara. With her we can arrive by sunset.” Kirara mewed and rubbed against Sango. After Sango and Miroku packed, Kirara transformed and allowed them to climb onto her back. Kagome stood there watching.

“Aren’t you getting on?” Sango asked.

“No. I can keep up on ground. Remember, Sango, I am half demon.” Kagome giggled. Sango shrugged and took off. They now started their journey to the Western Lands Palace.



Sesshomaru was pacing the room with Inuyasha watching him.

“You’re in trouble, Sesshomaru.” He said as he enjoyed watching a nervous Sesshomaru pace.

“That’s easy for you to say. I’m not going to worry about it. You’re just enjoying my nervousness and anxiety.” Sesshomaru growled. Inuyasha started to laugh. Sesshomaru started a cold sweat when he suddenly heard someone knocking on the door. He then heard Kagome’s voice.

“Sesshomaru! Sango and Miroku are here!” Sesshomaru quickly wiped the sweat away and put on scented oil. Kagome found Sesshomaru and Inuyasha in the parlor. “Kagura, Ayame!” Kagome called. Both servants appeared around the corner.

“Yes my lady?”

“Can you please show Miroku and Sango to their rooms?” They both bowed and walked out with the two guests right behind them. “If anyone needs me, I’ll be on the roof.” Kagome said as she left.

‘At least she didn’t know about my cold sweat.’ Sesshomaru thought. Meanwhile, as Kagome watched the sun sink into the ocean, she saw a crescent moon above her.

‘I wonder when I get to turn human.’ Kagome thought. When she noticed it was completely dark, Kagome looked up and saw a bunch of stars. She gazed at them and sighed. ‘The stars. They are so beautiful.’ She thought dreamily.

“Beautiful aren’t they?” Inuyasha asked.

“Oh yes. I’ve never seen this many stars before.” She said happily.

“So, is there a chance that you are going to sleep with Sesshomaru tonight? You know, without me?” he asked.

“What’re you talking about? Your sleeping in the same bed as me and Sesshomaru.” Kagome said tiredly. Inuyasha sat next to her and wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her hair and whispered.

“I love you, Kagome.”

“I…..love you…..too…..Inuyasha.” Kagome said as she fell asleep. Inuyasha smiled and picked her up bridal style. He carried her to Sesshomaru’s room and placed her on his bed as Sesshomaru walked in. Inuyasha raised a finger to his lips. Both brothers slid next to her on both sides and fell asleep.



“Miroku, did you see that mark on Inuyasha and Sesshomaru’s neck?” Sango asked.

“Kagome marked them somehow.” Miroku answered. Sango looked in the drawers and found a nice pink pair of pajamas with a white dragon going up the pant legs. She pulled it out and went to the bathroom to change.

‘There is something strange going on. I haven’t seen Naraku around or his minions. Now that the Shikon no Tama is complete, I would expect him to attack with all of his force and power by now. Something isn’t right.’ Miroku thought. Sango came out and saw Miroku sitting on the bed indian style, not moving like a statue.

“Miroku, I’m bushed. Go to your room and meditate.” She said forcefully.

“Sango, don’t you think something isn’t right?” he asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, haven’t you noticed? We haven’t heard Naraku or his servants. He’s been awful quiet and it makes me worry that he is planning something.” Miroku explained.

“You’re right, Miroku. Naraku hasn’t been making any trouble for us lately. Well, let’s confront Inuyasha tomorrow about this. I’m tired.” Sango yawned.

“Good night, Sango.” He said walking out the door.

“Good night.” Sango said as she fell asleep. Kirara jumped onto Sango’s pillow and fell asleep in a little ball.



Kagome woke up to find it being still early in the morning. As she got up and dressed, she looked over at the two brothers sleeping away. She smiled as she made her way to the garden. Kagome knelt down and started to use her powers to flick of each bead of dew. She then started to snap her fingers as each little flame danced in her palm. Kagome suddenly turned around to find the bushes rattling. She sniffed the air and smelled a very weak scent of a demon. Kagome readied herself but quickly brought her barrier down when she found out that the demon was just a child kitsune. The kitsune crawled to her in hunger. Kagome quickly grabbed the injured kitsune and went straight towards the kitchen. She saw Ayame and confronted her.

“Ayame, please get food and something to drink for this kitsune, immediately.” Kagome ordered. Ayame quickly went to the cabinet and took out a sandwich and some milk and gave it to the kitsune. The kitsune finished the meal in three minutes flat and looked towards Kagome.

“Arigato, what’s your name?” he asked.

“My name is Kagome. What is yours?” Kagome said

The kitsune blushed and answered. “Shippo.”

“That’s a nice name, Shippo.” She complimented.

“Arigato Kagome.” Shippo said.

“So Shippo, how did you find your way here?” Kagome asked. Shippo was now getting teary but still spoke.

“My village was attacked by an evil demon. My mom was caught in our house that was set fire. My dad died fighting the demon while I escaped. I am an orphan now and I don’t know where to go or who would take care of me.” The kitsune explained.

“Where is your village?”

“It’s in the southern lands, just next to the boarder of the western lands. It’s not to far from here. Why?” Shippo asked.

“I’m going to see this demon. Ayame will watch over you and heal you until I get back.” She said as she turned to Ayame. “If Sesshomaru and Inuyasha ask why he is here, explain to them what happened. If they ask where I am, you tell them that I am at the kitsune’s village in the south.”

“Yes Kagome.” Ayame bowed and left to get healing supplies.

“I’ll be back soon.” Kagome said as she left. Kagome ran as fast as she could toward the rising smoke and the smell of blood. She came to a village that was just about the size of her village. She looked around and saw the youkai. He was a rampaging fire demon. Kagome called upon the water dragon.

“Put out those fires and cool down that fire demon. Bring him to me.” Kagome instructed. The dragon made a second copy of itself and both went to fulfill their duty. The copy put out the fires while the real dragon grabbed the demon. The great water dragon brought the demon to Kagome and held him up so she could see.

“What are you doing here?” Kagome questioned. He youkai just roared with anger.


“What business do you have with this village?” Kagome raised her voice. The fire youkai still didn’t answer. Kagome’s eyes suddenly went red and her body was outlined with white. The youkai’s eyes widened.

“Let me ask you one last time. Who sent you?” Kagome’s voice was mixed in with the dragon’s. They were both talking to him in unison.

“I was sent here as a distraction. My business is with the Prince of the Wolf Clan.” The youkai ratted. Kagome relaxed as the white glow faded and her eyes returning to normal.

“Why are you a distraction?” Kagome ordered.

“The Wolf Prince wants you to himself, so he brought every wolf in the east to fight for you. He should be at the palace by now. He plans on slaughtering the Inu lord of the West and that hanyou.” Kagome’s eyes were now fully black and formed a black demonic glow. The dragon threw the fire youkai to the ground and was absorbed inside Kagome. Suddenly, Kagome summoned the Great Element Dragon.

“You called for me?” the dragon answered.

“Fly me to the Western Lord’s palace as quick as you can.” Kagome instructed.