InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha gone tempted ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha Gone Tempted
by Kuronohime
 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
***
 
Kagome took her time ridding herself of the synthetic odors, enjoying the cool summer water and the effect that the current had on her heated skin. She plunged down and when she surfaced a while after, she was almost sure that she had seen movement somewhere near the curve of the river. Trying to suppress the smile that kept tugging the corners of her mouth, she moaned aloud the marvellous feeling of the trails of water that ventured down her neck and chest. She lay on her back and allowed the water to carry her weight, sexily gliding her hands along the sides of her body. The raunchy display she put up made her bit awkward, but technically she was doing nothing wrong. She had the right to bathe in her own privacy in any position she wanted to.
 
Taking long glides on her back and closing her eyes, she softly murmured out Inuyasha's name. If he was watching, like she was expecting him to, he should be leaping to the water and paddling his way to her embrace right about… now.
 
Kagome peeked trough a crack of a closed eyelid and saw… absolutely nothing happening. Not even the leaves rustled in the trees. Frowning her brows, she stood up in the water and scanned the premises with her eyes. Had she seen wrong earlier? She softly called out his name again, adding extra sultry tone to her voice. After all, she didn't want to scare him off.
 
She crossed her arms as nothing continued to happen. Well, if the mountain won't come to Mohammed, Mohammed would have to drag his ass to the mountain.
 
“KYAAH!! A yookai! A bloodthirsty yookai is after meeee! INUYASHAAA” Kagome yelled from the top of her lungs' capacity. Her shout carried over all the way to the next village, Inuyasha was bound to hear her call.
 
As expected, a shadow appeared behind her. That man was just too easily manipulated. Kagome turned around ready to sigh out her hero's name in a fake relief. Instead she found herself staring a bloodthirsty serpent yookai.
 
“Aww, crap..”
 
It took her a while fighting the demon off when Inuyasha (finally) had the decency to show up. With a swing of his sword, the demon disappeared into nothingness and a furious Kagome turned around, automatically covering her chest with her arms.
 
“WHAT THE HECK TOOK YOU SO LONG!!?”
 
Innocently Inuyasha just looked up to the sky and scratched his cheek absentmindedly. “Sorry, wuz my turn to deal the cards” he explained like he was stating something obvious.
 
Not believing her ears, Kagome fought off the urge to sit Inuyasha `till he drowned.
 
***
 
Inuyasha had headed back and left the fuming woman behind. He honestly hadn't understood what she was so upset about. Wasn't she always nagging how she was a “big girl” and well capable of taking care of herself whenever Inuyasha came to her rescue? Somehow he wasn't completely sure if that had been the reason for the disappointed look she had given him. But thinking about the peculiar ways of the female psyche always gave him such a headache, he just shrugged her odd behaviour off as weird girly issues he couldn't hope to understand.
 
After Kagome had cooled down and dried her damp hair, she decided that the game was not over. If the baka wanted high stakes, she'd give him some. 16,000 yen worth of stakes, actually, that she had packed along, “just in case”. And once again, she turned to her yellow backpack.
 
When Kagome finally rejoined her travelling company, all eyes were immediately fixated on her and Miroku practically snorted jets of water out of his nose and dropped the cup he was drinking from. The young woman was wearing a very low cut summer dress, which was made from slightly transparent fabric that left very little to the imagination. The light blue dress gently draped her slender body and revealed her long, smooth legs. And the look on Inuyasha's face. Ah, it by itself was almost worth the 16,000 yen the dress had cost her.
 
The hanyoo's mouth hung open and his eyes were definitely looking somewhere else than her face. The sheer amount of smugness that she must have radiated that moment could probably have been enough to power up the whole area of Tokyo. Kagome had immense trouble containing herself. It may have taken some time, but in the end, she knew Inuyasha wasn't a match to her. It only added to her satisfaction when Inuyasha stood up and leaped to her side. He swept her up and hurried away holding her in his arms.
 
Kagome didn't almost have the time to clutch to his haori when Inuyasha already dropped her down a short distance away from their camp. She realized that they were all alone in a deep forest the young man had brought them to. The ancient grand trees that grew around them were so high that the daylight barely cut through the thick blankets of leaves. The light was so dim that she almost believed that the sun had already set.
 
His mouth slightly opened and began forming a letter. Then he gave a long sigh and gave up trying to say whatever he had indented to. Instead he began untying his haori. A jolt of electricity spiked in her spine and instinctively Kagome tried to back away, but was caught between a tree and Inuyasha.
 
Suddenly her cheeks burned and her heart raced against her chest. Her legs may have given away if Inuyasha hadn't pressed her against the tree trunk. Kagome looked into his eyes and saw an emotion she didn't quite knew how to interpret. Wait, when had he come so close?
 
“Inuyasha, I… I…” She tried to speak, but his burning eyes held such authority that it silenced her. When his haori finally hung open, Kagome swallowed painfully. Something new yet familiar ached inside her, making her feel as if she was standing on a ledge and her stomach was tingling. Because, even if she leaped off the ledge, she would be caught by him, she knew that.
 
She closed her eyes, ready to fall.
 
“That's no proper wear for fighting demons!”
 
Kagome, in a very deep state of disbelief, cracked her left eyelid open ever so slightly. Sure enough, a very agitated hanyoo was handing out his haori to her. When Kagome refused to reach for it, Inuyasha waved his hand impatiently. “You can't seriously be wearing such rags. Look atcha! Ya might as well as be prancing naked. With those kinds of clouts, yer ass ain't safe even from a mosquito bite, so `ere, take this.”
 
Somewhere off to the distance, a cricket chirped. Inuyasha's ears flattened as he felt an ominous looming feeling of pure malevolence. Kagome's bangs covered her dark eyes from Inuyasha's view. Her shoulders slumped slightly and she gently grabbed the offered clothing.