InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuYasha in Court ❯ InuYasha vs. Kagome ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

InuGhost: I was getting bored, plus I wanted to get back to simpler story plots, so I figured I'd do a few of these till I come up with new stuff for my other stories.
 
Seshin: Plus he enjoys writing pure comedy.
 
InuGhost: But before we begin I'd just like to make note that if anyone can tell me the source of my inspiration for Sango's testimony you'll get an InuYasha doggy treat.
 
Disclaimer: (In a whisper) Psst. You wanna know a secret? (Makes come here motion) Come just a little closer, we can't afford for anyone to overhear us. (Whispering in your ear) Now then the secret is….I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!!! (Takes off running)
 
Prologue
 
It was a bright sunny day the kind of day where it should have been a crime to remain inside all in all a perfect day for a picnic.
 
“Okay guys I brought us lunch!” Kagome called out as she finished setting everything up for the picnic. Within seconds the others had arrived.
 
“Wow Kagome I'm impressed this stuff looks fantastic.” Sango said with wide eyes as she surveyed the large spread of food Kagome had made.
 
“Oh man they all look so delicious I don't know where to start! Maybe that one, no wait that one, oh that one looks tasty, or maybe….” Moving frantically as only a child can Shippo rushed along the perimeter of the blanket looking at all the food trying to decide which he should eat first.
 
“It'd probably be best to start with the food that's closest to you, and going from there. Though I do agree with Sango Kagome this food looks delicious. It's just what we need to help keep up our strength since we don't know when we will be able to eat again.” Picking up a bowl of rice and putting some food on top Miroku happily started eating oblivious to the dour looks he was getting from the others.
 
Not even bothering to look up from digging through Kagome's backpack InuYasha decided to say what was on everyone's minds. “Miroku there's little chance of us starving to death since you always seem to find some place we can stay at every other night since you always sense `an ominous cloud hanging above it.' Blast Kagome WHERE DID YOU PUT IT!” Pulling his head out of Kagome's overstuffed backpack InuYasha glared at Kagome waiting impatiently for her answer.
 
“You could try asking for once in your life InuYasha instead of just yelling at everyone like always, and it would be helpful IF YOU TOLD ME WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR!!” With fury in her eyes she glared at InuYasha, and the others knew that a fight was imminent as always.
 
InuYasha was taken aback by Kagome's last comment, but that was quickly replaced by anger. “Don't know what I'm talking about? I'M TALKING ABOUT THE RAMEN STUPID WHERE IS IT!” Rising to his feet InuYasha started walking towards Kagome.
 
Refusing to be daunted by InuYasha Kagome quickly rose to her feet and started walking towards him until the two of them were inches away face to face. “I didn't bring any because there wasn't any room left for it after I filled my bag up with the special lunch I made us!” Getting an inquisitive look in her eyes she momentarily took her eyes off of InuYasha's face to look him over, before looking him in the face again. “Besides with the rate you go through it its better you stopped eating it because it looks like you've put on a few pounds since I last saw you.”
 
Her last comment had the desired effect as it left InuYasha speechless for a moment. “Yeah well maybe if for once in your life you actually made something that was edible then I wouldn't have to eat it all the time.” It only took one look at Kagome with her eyes tightly shut, her fists clenched at her side, and her body quivering to know that InuYasha had crossed the line. Acting without hesitation Miroku, Sango and Shippo quickly gathered up what food they could, and beat a hasty retreat to get as far away from Kagome's wrath as was possible.
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes and glared at InuYasha as she yelled as loudly as she could “Sit!” and with great satisfaction she watched as InuYasha's face turned as white as a sheet before the spell took hold and slammed him far deeper into the ground than ever before. Though she was shocked as fire blasted out of the hole InuYasha had made, and the half-demon came flying out of the ground and landed on the grass a few feet away. It was not the end of her shock though as a man with bright red skin and horns on his head poked his head up out of the hole and looked at her.
 
“You know its bad enough down there already. Half the demons down there were put there by him, and it'd be war if he showed up. Literally all heck breaking lose so don't send him down here again. Okay?” Not waiting for Kagome to answer the man quickly retreated back into the hole and closed it up behind him.
 
“Guess that leaves me with only one option then. Come on Sango I need a hand carrying InuYasha.” Stooping down she grabbed InuYasha's legs as Sango grabbed his arms and together they carried InuYasha to the well and dumped him down it.
 
The Court
 
Lightly chuckling as he closed the door to the courtroom the bailiff turned to face the judge. “Oh man your going to love this one boss. We've got a real couple of characters out there.”
 
“That's good news to me. I'm really tired of all these boring cases.” Pulling on her judges robes she headed over to the door and headed out into the courtroom.
 
“Okay people all rise for the rather insane judge Seshin if you know what's best for you.” Having finished with his announcement InuGhost leaned back against the wall to watch the proceedings. “They're all yours Seshin.”
 
Sitting down behind her desk Seshin took a look at the two people looking to her to settle their dispute and couldn't help but smile. “Well this is something new. So what has gone wrong between you two love birds?”
 
“Stupid over there didn't bring me any ramen like she promised, then she had the gall to say I was getting fat.” Jerking his thumb over towards Kagome without bothering to look at her InuYasha Leaned further back in his chair with his eyes closed.
 
“Yeah well I made that special lunch for you and you didn't even care. Then he had the nerve to say I can't make anything edible. I deserve to be treated better than that!” Slamming her hands down on the table in front of her Kagome looked Seshin straight in the eye while saying that.
 
“Okay that's enough for now from both of you. Any more of that and I'll find you both in contempt of court. Now then InuYasha call your first witness.” Seshin leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms waiting for InuYasha to make his move.
 
“For my first witness I call Miroku to the stand. He will help prove my innocence.” InuYasha said looking at Miroku out of the corner of his eye.
 
Miroku quickly got up from his seat beside InuYasha and headed for the bench where he took his seat. “I've know InuYasha for the same length of time that I've known Kagome. They're both quite pleasant people to be around, though I must admit that Kagome has accused both InuYasha and me on numerous occasions of spying on her and Sango when they're relaxing in the hot springs. I have not the faintest idea of why she thinks that, though never the less they both see fit to punish us without hesitation. This undoubtedly proves that Kagome has anger issues that have not been addressed.” Leaning back in his seat Miroku started to relax, and finally took notice of the glares being sent his way by all the girls in the courtroom.
 
“Right whatever you say monk.” Turning to look towards Kagome and Sango Seshin directed her next question towards them. “Is there anything you want to ask him, or would you rather just beat him to unconsciousness?”
 
Quickly conferring with each other Kagome and Sango quickly came to their decision. “Yeah we have something we want to ask him. Miroku isn't it true that you are a pervert, and that the only reason why Kagome and I hurt you in the first place is because you deserve it!"

Looking slightly pale, and adjusting the collar of his robes a bit before answering "Well that is true, but...."

"I think that's enough from you Miroku. You can get down now. Kagome call your first witness." Leaning back in her chair Seshin made a show of relaxing, but kept herself at the ready in case things got out of hand.

"Sango would you mind helping me out here?" Turning to ask her Kagome saw that she need not have asked since Sango had already headed up to the witness box.

"I'd like to say that I know InuYasha is not as nice as he seems. He's always yelling and fighting with Kagome. Plus he's always hitting Shippo and Miroku if they annoy him, and he has this strong urge to kill Kouga whenever they meet. If that doesn't prove that he's evil I've got further proof." Holding up a video tape Sango continued "I got this video footage when I snuck into his room late at night using my awesome ninja skills." Pops in tape

The Tape

Sango is dressed all in black and is clinging to the ceiling in InuYasha's room while he's in bed muttering in his sleep.

"No….No….not the sacred arrow….Curse you Kikyo....curse you….Kagome. No….No….AHHHH!" Sits bolt upright in bed and turns on the light "Oh….It was only a dream…. Oh it makes me so angry….It makes me want to...."

'This is it. The undeniable proof that InuYasha is still evil. This will prove it once and for all.' Looking on with hope in her eyes Sango continued to watch InuYasha as he stood up and got out of bed.

"It makes me want to.... Volunteer at the Soup Kitchen! Come Kaggy” Squeezes his Kagome plushy affectionately and gets a squeak in return. “There are hungry mouths to feed!” Quickly gathering up his stuff InuYasha left the room. The moment the door is closed Sango goes crashing down onto the floor in shock.
 
End of Tape
 
There you have it! Undeniable proof that InuYasha will one day come and smite us all! Smite us I say! SMITE US GOOD! They….they just can't see it yet…Are they blind? Blind as Kouga if you ask me! Ohhh….They'll see it….I'll makethem see it! They'll call me crazy! But I'm not crazy! I'm the only one that's notcrazy!” Sango started to laugh maniacally completely unaware that she was now in a straightjacket and being placed into a wheelchair and she was slowly pushed out of the courtroom by InuGhost still laughing maniacally.
 
“Okay hopefully now that Sango's little bout of madness is over we can get back to this case so InuYasha why don't you tell us the events of that day.” Seshin said as she noticed that InuGhost was back in the courtroom so the trial could get back to being serious hopefully.
 
His ears having perked up drawing his attention back to the courtroom InuYasha turned away from the doors Sango had gone through. With his sensitive hearing he could still hear her laughing. “Well you see your honor it started out as a perfectly pleasant day. The sun was shinning, the birds were chirping in the trees, and there was no demon trouble. I was relaxing on a nice sturdy tree branch minding my business when there was a sudden flurry of activity.
 
InuYasha's POV
 
The sky which until a few seconds ago had been utterly cloud free was now filled with dark thunderheads, and there was a growing rumble of thunder. Every last forest creature was fleeing from the center of the forest as fast as they could, and there was yelling off in the distance that was growing rapidly louder. All of a sudden the sky suddenly opens up and rain starts pouring down as though from a fire hose and in seconds InuYasha is sitting upright on his branch completely soaking wet. As he turned to look off towards where the danger seemed to be he spotted two familiar figures running his way.
 
“Run for it Sango she's coming! We've got to get away or we'll be punished unjustly by her!” Miroku went running underneath the tree that InuYasha was sitting in holding Sango by the hand as they rushed by heading for the village.
 
“What in the world is going on? There must be some great evil that is causing strife to all the poor innocent little creatures in the forest. I had best confront it before someone gets hurt.” Jumping down from his tree InuYasha landed nimbly on his feet and was almost run down by another familiar person.
 
“Oh InuYasha I'm glad I found you. There's this great evil that has appeared by the sacred tree, and I made a pathetic attempt to stop it. Oh if only I was half as strong, smart, and good looking as you I may have been able to put up a half decent fight. But alas all I was able to do was run like the coward that I am. Please you must stop it for you are the only one who is capable of such a feat.” Looking at him through pleading eyes InuYasha could not help but feel pity for Kouga.
 
“Don't worry Kouga I'll easily defeat this evil that you could not slay. So do not fear for I shall save everyone once again.” Making a heroic pose InuYasha waited for a few seconds as Kouga paid homage to him. “Now then where is this evil that you speak of?”
 
Rising to his feet Kouga quickly turned and pointed back in the direction he had come from. “Its off that way. It was close behind me so it should….”Going pale Kouga's throat seized up as he saw the evil he had run from.
 
“I knew if I followed a pathetic demon like you Kouga that you would eventually lead me to InuYasha. Now I can make him suffer for absolutely no reason.” Grinning maliciously Kagome started to walk towards the two demons with malice evident on her face.
 
“Get out of here Kouga. It's not safe here anymore. Tell the others that I have engaged the enemy and that I shall be triumphant.” Striding towards Kagome InuYasha barely acknowledged the fact that Kouga had done as he said.
 
“There is no way you can defeat me InuYasha for I am evil and I shall now punish you for no reason now suffer SIT BOY!” Shouting the command as loud as she could Kagome watched sadistically as the mighty InuYasha crumpled before her and without a moments hesitation she continued to repeat the command until the mighty hero was defeated.
 
End of InuYasha's POV
 
“Hold on a minute! InuYasha that is not even close to what happened!” Eyes blazing with furry Kagome rose to her feet and headed across the courtroom towards InuYasha.
 
“That is so how it happened. Isn't that right Miroku? Miroku?” Turning around InuYasha noticed that Miroku had been wise enough to avoid getting involved in InuYasha and Kagome's spat and had taken the opportunity while InuYasha had been telling what had happened to sneak out of the courtroom.
 
Pretty soon Kagome was right up in InuYasha's face and both started yelling at each other about what had really occurred.
 
Sighing heavily out of boredom Seshin rose to her feet and headed towards her chambers. “At this rate they'll be at it for hours. Come with me InuGhost we might as well discuss what the verdict will be.” Waiting until he had gotten inside Seshin closed the door behind them.
 
An hour later Kagome and InuYasha were still busy arguing about what had really occurred. Sango had managed to break out of the hospital ward and was now running amok through the entire courthouse laughing insanely and pausing every so often to smash something that had at the time looked like a demon to her. Miroku having been slapped at least twice by every girl that was in attendance at the trial had finally decided to go after Sango since he didn't want to be stuck paying the bill for all the damages she had incurred. Seshin and InuGhost were still in Seshin's chambers discussing the verdict for the trial.
 
Finally the door to the judges chamber opened and a weary looking Seshin comes out closely followed by an equally weary looking InuGhost. Sitting down at her desk Seshin noticed that Kagome and InuYasha had paid no heed to her arrival so lighting the fuse to a stack of fireworks she waited to the loud explosions they caused made InuYasha and Kagome stop arguing.
 
“Well now that you two are finally done fighting I've made my decision. I find….InuYasha and Kagome both in contempt of court by their endless bickering and sentence you both to being locked in a room together until you admit your love for each other, and agree to get married. InuGhost if you would do the honors.” Looking at him out of the corner of her eye she couldn't help smiling as he pulled a remote out of his pocket and pressed one of the buttons. Instantly holes appeared underneath Kagome and InuYasha and they both fell down into them screaming until the holes closed back up.
 
“Oh man those two are not going to be happy when they get out of there. InuYasha will probably hit me saying its all my fault.” Breaking into tears Shippo just collapsed onto the floor.
 
“I doubt you have anything to worry about Shippo. Those two won't be getting out of there probably until the next chapter of this mess. By then I'm sure InuYasha will have cooled down.” Miroku said cheerfully.
 
“I'd say Miroku's got a better chance of Sango agreeing to bear his children before those two will ever admit their feelings for each other. Considering how stubborn they are.” InuGhost muttered.
 
Please Review