InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha: Revenge of the Youkai ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Inugioh: Well, here it is my very first big fic!
 
Inuyasha: Feh! Big deal.
 
Inugoh: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH. They hate me!! [Tear fountain]
 
Kagome: Now look what you've done. OSUWARII!!!!
 
Inuyasha: Owwwww. What was that for…
 
 
 
Chapter 1: A New Arrival or In Which We Meet Our Hero!!
 
 
 
Haruko Higurashi skimmed the rooftops of Tokyo a blinding speed. He peered into the semidarkness for any sign of trouble but could see nothing. Suddenly, he cocked his fuzzy, pointed ears and swiveled them furiously. Yes, there it was again, Thump!.....Thump!...It was coming from behind him.
 
He prepared to land on the next building. “Almost there,” he thought to himself. It was at that exact moment that something or more correctly someone moving even faster than him grabbed him by the back of the neck. He struggled furiously but could not break his attacker's grip.
 
Whoever was holding him unceremoniously dumped him on the roof of a three story building. The man now standing over Haruko flipped a mane of silver hair over his shoulder and grinned ferally showing pointed teeth.
 
He spoke in a gruff voice, “Do you know why I'm here?”
 
The boy lowered his head, obscuring his eyes with the same colored hair as the man standing across from him. “Yes Dad,” he said, sighing heavily.
 
“Then you also know what I'm going to do to you, right”
 
The silver haired boy groaned. “Aww, come on. Not that stupid necklace again”
 
“No, not this time;” The boy's sigh of relief was audible “This time I'm going to let your mother decide.”
 
Haruko gave an agonized groan. “You know, that necklace isn't so bad after all”
 
 
His father just grinned.
 
“We'll see,” he said
 
Without further warning Haruko found himself being dragged along at an incredible rate back across the same path he had just taken.
 
In no time they were back at the Higurashi residence, and Haruko's irate mother was pacing back and forth in front of him. He only caught snippets of her rant but he got the general idea.
 
“Totally irresponsible…could have been seen by anyone…could have broken your neck, you don't have you father's healing ability you know…and to top it off on a school night” She said this last bit as though presenting a jury with unassailable evidence of his guilt.
 
“Now Kagome,” came a voice from behind Haruko making him jump, “We both know I would have done the same thing at his age.”
 
Alas, his father's intercession was in vain, and if anything it only served to further anger
Haruko's already furious mother. She now turned on her husband who, although at least six inches taller, seemed to shrink comically under her glare.
 
“And that makes it okay?” Kagome growled. “We both know you weren't the best role model at his age”
 
It was almost 11:00 by the time the Higurashis went to bed. Haruko flopped down exhausted, his powers restrained by the cursed necklace. It had been a long day and the previous day's homework still wasn't done. That was his last thought before he drifted off to sleep.
 
 
All too soon he was woken by the insistent ringing of the alarm. Haruko groggily opened his eyes. The clocks glowing numbers read 6:25. The boy groaned inwardly. Not enough time to do his work and still make class. Not with this stupid necklace anyway.
 
He rose slowly and went to the bathroom. He showered and brushed his hair into some semblance of order. He then descended the stairs for breakfast. By the time he left the house he was decidedly late.
 
Haruko arrived at the bus stop with only moments to spare. The bus was already in view when he got to the sidewalk. He boarded among the crush of students and found a seat near the back.
 
Just as the bus was closing its doors a girl jumped aboard. Haruko's first thought was that she was beautiful, and indeed she was. Black hair framed a delicate face and streamed down her slender frame. She was maybe five-four but carried herself with an air of confidence that made her seem taller than everyone else around her.
 
As she made her way through the bus whistles and catcalls from the boys and jealous glares from the girls followed her. One boy even reached out his hand but she chopped down on it so hard he cried out in pain and huddled in his seat clutching his injured wrist. Only Haruko remained silent. He just watched her.
 
Haruko was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he almost didn't notice the girl stop next to him.
 
“Hi, I'm Adrianna. Do you mind? You don't seem like as much of an ass as the other boys.” When Haruko didn't respond she waved an arm in front of his face.
 
“Hello, earth to boy. Do you read?” Haruko blushed crimson and muttered “Sure.”
 
She flopped down on the seat taking up more space than her size should allow. It was then that a boy in the third row noticed where Adrianna had sat down.
 
“Hey look, Higurashi's got himself a girlfriend” Haruko groaned: he should have known this would happen. Adrianna however looked delighted. She grabbed Haruko's arm and draped it around her waist.
 
“Jealous are we?” she inquired mockingly. The boy growled something in which the words “Get you for this” were audible. The rest of the boys however left Haruko alone and turned their taunts on the unfortunate boy in the third row.
 
His cheeks now flaming, Haruko hurriedly withdrew his arm muttering his thanks. Adrianna looked over at him, almost seeming surprised, but said nothing. They sat in silence for several minutes as the bus bumped down the roads leading to school.
 
The bus ride seemed to last forever but eventually they arrived in front of the large brick building. The dull silver letters on the side read “High School”. A steady stream of students was already passing through the double doors as the bus pulled up to the curb. Haruko made to rise but Adrianna put a hand on his arm, holding him down. She had a surprisingly strong grip.
 
She held his arm until about half the people on the bus had filed out and then abruptly pulled him to his feet. Sick of being manhandled he attempted to jerk his arm free. Nothing happened. She remained standing there serenely, seeming totally oblivious to his attempt to free himself.
 
Suddenly she pushed him foreword. He stumbled slightly but kept his balance. Even so, as he made his way down the isle there was always a foot outstretched in front of him, or an elbow jabbing him in the back as he passed. However, every time it happened it was followed by a grunt of pain from the person. As they left the bus, Haruko heard a giggle from behind him. Sure enough Adrianna was following close at his heels. They left the bus together and walked towards the entrance to the school.
 
 
Inugioh: Oh boy Cliffie!! Cliffie!!
 
Inuyasha: You call that a cliffie? Feh, you're even more pathetic than I thought.
 
Kagome: OSUWARI!!!!!!!!!!
 
Haruko: Yeah! Get `im Mom
 
Inuyasha: [Muffled] Thanks for the support…
 
Inugioh: Anyway, if you want more review!! I wont even start another chappie until someone posts a review.