InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ inuyasha's adopted sister ❯ Seeing Things ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5- seeing things
Katie's P.O.V.
This morning when I woke up, I thought I saw Sesshomaru standing beside the bed. I looked over at Kaiga; (who had fallen asleep beside me except on top of the sheets) to see if he was awake and as usual he wasn't but then when I looked back whatever it was had disappeared. I looked back at Kaiga to see if the scent of whoever was there might have woken him but he was still sound asleep. His ear twitching caught my attention though and I figured if he was that sound asleep he wouldn't wake if I rubbed his ear a little. As soon as I touched it the ear twitched then thankfully stopped, which I thought this was a sign that he was still asleep. After a couple of minutes I hear his voice say, “I see the power of cuteness compels you!” followed by an almost inaudible (at least for a human snicker. He helped me calm down from the panic attack that was starting then left so that I could get dressed. I'll have to remember to ask Sango to hit him with Hiraikotsu or get Inuyasha to hit him for me.
As I left the room to go meet up with the others I saw the same figure that was standing beside the bed earlier at the end of the hall. As calmly as I could I walked towards whatever it was because I had to go that way to get downstairs. When I got to the steps I was really scared; I was standing right in front of me now and I managed to ask it, who are you? The thing said nothing but just disappeared. When I finally got downstairs, Inuyasha asked what took me so long. I just replied I think I just saw your father. I got the expected response of my dad is dead, so I just said maybe it was because I wasn't quite awake yet and that it was just my imagination. Therefore, everyone shrugged it off and we went with Sesshomaru to patrol the borders.
Later when we got back, Rin wanted Kagome and I to go swimming with her so we all went to change. The upstairs was mainly bedrooms. There was a short corridor in between and 3 rooms on either side. (A/n for floor plan see link at top) each bedroom had a large bed, a desk and a chaise lounge, which is like a chair and footstool put together. After changing I went out in the hallway to wait for everyone else, and there he was. Again I asked him who he was and to that he replied, “You already know.”
Just then Kagome came out of her room and Inuyasha came up the stairs followed by Kaiga. Inuyasha asked me “who the hell were you talking to?” again I gave the truthful answer of “Your father” and I got the same reply as before. “You couldn't have been talking to my father. He is dead and has been for over 50 years.” Instead of offering a retort I just kept my mouth shut. I hated the looks they exchanged before looking back at me. I knew they I was nuts but at that moment Rin chose to make her presence at my side known by saying, “Rin believes you Katie-san even if the others don't.” guess we'll have to wait for something else to happen.
Inukaiga's P.O.V.
This morning I woke up to Katie rubbing my ears. As Katie got dressed, I left to go see Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. After Katie came downstairs Inuyasha made a comment about what took her so long. She simply replied, “I think I saw your father” and since she already explained what happens I'll skip ahead.
When we got back the girls decided to go swimming. As they were getting ready Inuyasha and I were talking he asked me if I smelled anything that morning. I told him I smelled the others but we were in there the night before after Rin and Shippo went to sleep to discuss where to start looking for the shards next and it was Sesshomaru's castle. When Katie said she saw there father I thought she might have just seen Sesshomaru and thought it was their father due to still being half-asleep. I asked Sesshomaru about it and he said he was getting Rin up.
Anyway Katie had a history of hallucinating before because of her meds but they took her off them and the ones she is on now don't do that to her. Oh well she has been known to see and communicate with ghosts. We'll have to discuss that possibility tonight.
Later
I've decided to write while the others are talking. A little while ago, I mentioned the ghost possibility. It wasn't shot down but it wasn't well accepted either. Inuyasha immediately became huffy and asked Katie to recount the 2 visits. After retelling the stories for the 2nd time tonight, Inuyasha finally gave up and said he wanted proof his brother agreed so now we just have to wait and see what happens.