InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ inuyasha's adopted sister ❯ The Warning and Proof ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


(A/n- It took me so long to get this done because of my senior year, work and my mom was sick for a couple of months. I reworked most of the earlier chapters in an effort to make them longer and going to do so from now on. I’m also going to try to update every other month by the 17th if not every month all depends on how busy/unmotivated I am. I have recently been able to use a messenger called imvu to create an image of what Kaiga would look like and am currently working on Katie’s image. In addition, there is a poll on my profile I would like readers to check out. Now on to the story.)

Chapter 6- The Warning and Proof
We didn’t have to wait long. The next day, while alone in the library waiting for Kaiga, Kagome, and Inuyasha, I saw the figure of a woman. At first, it just stood there and kind of freaked me out but after a minute or two it spoke. Now I was really freaked out and almost fell off the ladder on which I was standing.
When she first began speaking, I couldn’t understand it. Then she spoke a little louder saying she was here to give a warning. Now I really wished the others were here but nobody’s ever early when you want or need them to be. The warning was that great danger awaited any woman alone, with another woman or with only one other man. In short it meant that Rin, Kagome, Sango, and I couldn’t go anywhere without Miroku, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, or Kaiga and only if we were with 2 of the aforementioned guys.
I knew nobody would believe me without proof and told the ghost as much. She just smiled said it was okay and identified herself as Izayoi. She then proceeded to tell me what I could use as proof. “When Inuyasha was little he used to curl up into a ball and roll around.” The image that came into my mind made me laugh (by this time I was off the ladder). Anyway, just as I got my laughter under control, the three I had been waiting for came in exchanging confused glances. After telling them we all needed to talk, I left to go find Sango and Miroku leaving the others to follow or go find Fluffy. Kaiga chose to follow me and I guess Kagome went with Inuyasha to go find his brother.
It didn’t take long for us to find Sango and Miroku. Just as we got into the front hall, we heard a thud and “Lech” coming from the garden. There we found all 3 of the formerly missing people. They looked up as Kaiga and I came through the doors because I said what did Miroku do now even though I had a feeling I already knew I told them we had to have a meeting, arranged where and was about to go find the others when Sango said she had an idea. After going into the front hall and telling the guys to cover their ears with an added “you might want to also, Katie” Sango let out a high pitched whistle which had the desired effect of making Inuyasha come running. We all went into Sesshomaru’s office so I could tell them about the meeting with the ghost.
Inukaiga’s p.o.v.
Katie said she needed some alone time so I read over past chapters and proofread them while I waited until it was time to meet her, Kagome and Inuyasha in the library. I intended to go early but lost track of time. Anyway, I met Inuyasha and Kagome in the hallway just outside the library. I gave them a puzzled look when I heard that there were voices coming from behind the door and the puzzled look on their faces told me I wasn’t hearing things. I was about to say something when we all heard laughter coming from the library. Hurriedly I opened the door none of us expected what we saw. Katie was almost bent double laughing her head off. We asked what was going on but instead of answering, she just said she’d tell everyone at the same time and that she was going to find the others. I decided to follow Katie and keep her out of trouble while the other two went I don’t know where. (Knowing them, they probably went to make in a corner somewhere.
Inuyasha- that’s not true.
Kagome- I forgot you’d rather make out with Kikyo.
Katie – I can never leave you alone without you guys getting in trouble.
Kaiga – (wraps arm around Katie and pulls her to him) I could say the same about you

The Meeting
(A/n) - seating arrangements-Sesshomaru sitting behind desk, Sango and Kagome sitting in chairs in front of desk (across from Sesshomaru), Miroku seated in chair nearest Sango’s Inuyasha leaning against wall behind desk. Speech will be in italics and quotations, actions will be inside asterisks*
(Katie has just finished retelling the ghost events for the third time in less than 2 hours)
Inuyasha- “This is insane! Katie is obviously seeing things.”
Katie- “I am not seeing things.” * Kaiga puts arm around her*
Inuyasha -“Either way, there’s no proof.”
Katie - *quietly* “yes there is.” *Everyone turns and looks @ Katie with a quick squeeze of her shoulder from Kaiga, she continues.* “ The second ghost said her name was Izayoi and that when Inuyasha was little he liked to curl up in a ball and roll around the room.”
Inuyasha- “I DID NOT!!”
Kagome- “I bet that was cute.”
Inuyasha- “I NEVER DID THAT!!”
Sesshomaru- “Calm down, little brother. How quickly u forget there are at least 3 besides you with sensitive hearing”
* A scream is heard. We all ran out of the office and through the archway that led into the garden to see Shippo leading Rin towards us nervously and trying to comfort her. As soon as she saw us, she went running to Sesshomaru leaving Shippo to follow behind. Jaken was running around mumbling apologies and explanations.*
Sesshomaru- “Quiet Jaken”
Kagome- “Shippo, what happened?”
Shippo- “I don’t know. We were playing tag and I was it, so I was ahead of her when it happened. I heard her scream and turned in time to see her fall to her knees crying. I ran to see what was wrong but I didn’t see anything around her.”
Katie- *kneels down in front of Shippo* “You did the right thing in bringing her to us. Next time I go back, I’ll see about getting you some of that candy you like. Rollos and 3 Musketeers right?”
Shippo- “Yup, but you forgot the cheese crackers and cookies.”
Kagome- *warningly* “Shippo”
Katie- *laughs* “Sure thing, but only the little bags okay.”
Shippo - “Okay, I was hoping for a bigger bag so I could share with Rin.”
Katie- “Well I’ll bring back 2 bags of Ritz bits cheese sandwiches and 2 bags of mini Oreos.”
Inuyasha- *rolls eyes* “You’re worse than Kagome”
Kagome- “SIT Inuyasha” *thud*
Sesshomaru- “Rin, how about you and Shippo go play in your playroom.”
Rin- “okay, come on Shippo ill race you.”

Katie’s p.o.v.
We all went back into the front hall and as soon as I entered, I knew something didn’t feel quite right. As I was looking around, I saw a flash of white.
Katie- “Look there!”
*Everyone turned towards the stairs and on the landing between them was a lady dressed in white.*
Ghost- “We didn’t think they‘d believe you. Even the great Inutashio think his sons were that open-minded but we had to try.”
Inuyasha- growls “who are you to insult us?”
Sesshomaru- (who had been staring at the figure until now) - *very quietly* “Mother”
*Everyone but Katie turns to look at Sesshomaru*
Kagome-“She’s beautiful”
Ghost-“Yes I am Sesshomaru’s mother, Rumiko. It seems you have cultivated some enemies that are aiming for the girls.” (A/n what better name for his mother than the creator of this wonderful anime. Back to the story.)
Inuyasha- *interrupts* “Naraku. We know”
Kagome-“Si-”
Sesshomaru- “Not in here Kagome, I don’t feel like getting the floors fixed.”
Sango-whistles (while the other two demons that weren’t paying attention cover their sensitive ears.)
Rumiko- “thank you”
Sango-“No problem”
Rumiko- “As I was saying, it is not Naraku. It seems you have angered some of the less influential inu-youkai lords by adopting a hanyou and a human girl as your family. (Although I don’t know why they’re mad about the hanyou)”
Sesshomaru & Inuyasha (in unison) - “Wait a minute, what hanyou?”
Rumiko- “You don’t know? Oops maybe I wasn’t supposed to say anything, oh well. There was a prophecy made some years ago about three hanyou and a human. The pairs would have many qualities of yin & yang. It was said the girls having miko abilities would help to unite the spans of generations.”
Inuyasha- “So what you’re saying is Kagome is one of the girls but who’s the other?”
Rumiko- “You haven’t noticed? Man you are dense. Well you are one of the boys and they are angry that you have adopted a hanyou sister. I’m sure you can put that together.”
Sesshomaru- “The other girl is Katie and the guy probably Kaiga”
Rumiko- “They were tolerant of Inuyasha because he was the son of a ruler but most other hanyou children like him who weren’t hidden at birth like Katie were killed.”
Inuyasha- “Wait, how was Katie hidden?”
Rumiko- “A spell was placed on her at birth to make her look human. Human hanyou s weren’t killed because they had the same exact traits as humans with the slight exception of healing and senses.”
Sesshomaru- “How come nobody told me this? Did dad know about it?”
Rumiko- “Not until after his death and what could you have done. Everyone thought you hated Inuyasha and Izayoi.”
Sesshomaru- “I did at first but I kept an eye on Inuyasha after his mother’s death. I faked the hatred in order to teach him because I knew he never would have accepted my help.”
Inuyasha- “ What?! You ba-”
Kagome- “Inuyasha”
Katie- “Everyone SHUT UP!!” “So what are we going to do about our problem?”
Rumiko- “The girls should not leave the grounds without a male in case they are attacked and those who do not know how to fight should at least learn to defend themselves. Now I must go I have stayed to long already. Good bye for now, my son.”
Sesshomaru- “Good bye mother.”
(A/n- since I lost this chapter after I wrote chapter 7 I’m going to stop here so as not to repeat myself. It is already longer than the other 2 times I wrote it.)