InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ inuyasha's adopted sister ❯ upset ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2-Upset
Inuyasha nearly killed Inukaiga after one such trip. While I was in my time I got into a big fight with my sister and her boyfriend. When we got back I was still really depressed and moping around, though every time someone asked I wouldn't talk about it. After being back for a little over four hours Inukaiga cornered me. We had stopped for lunch and everyone was occupied with something. Miroku was hitting on Sango who was in turn hitting him on the head; Shippo was playing with Kilala and picking on then getting chased by Inuyasha who had been hovering over Kagome while she was cooking ramen for lunch. Inukaiga and I were the only ones not physically doing anything. Since I was still upset I decided to take a walk; I didn't realize Inukaiga was following me because I was too preoccupied with getting away before I started crying in front of everyone.
When Inukaiga found me I was sitting on a hill that overlooked the nearby village with my back against a tree. As I had expected as soon as I had gotten away I started crying. I didn't even Inukaiga until he put his hand on my shoulder, making me jump. At first he laughed and said he hadn't been quiet until he saw the look on my face. Then he sat down and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me tight against him in the process (not that I minded). He held me while I cried and told him why I was upset.
Shortly after we both walked away, Inuyasha realized we had left. He thought nothing of it knowing something was bothering me until he heard me crying thanks to his Inu youkai hearing. When he found us Inukaiga arms were still around me. Inuyasha's first impression of the scene was that Inukaiga was taking advantage of the circumstances. Once he made his presence known I suggested we get back to camp before the others came looking for us or Shippo ate all the ramen in order to avoid the fight I knew would soon ensue. The latter statement sent Inuyasha running but not before saying this wasn't over and we both knew he was right. Inukaiga and I followed at a slower pace to give me time to get myself pulled together. I decided that when we got back I was going to tell everyone what happened the day before.
Inukaiga's P. O. V.
I had been worried about Katie since she and Kagome had come back. As soon as I saw her, I knew she was upset. When I looked at Kagome, she shook her head but pulled me aside a couple seconds after we started walking and said Katie had not confided in her either but also not to ask. We should wait for her to come to us. I did as Kagome had suggested but kept a close watch over her nonetheless.
When we stopped for lunch everyone was occupied, for the most part it was the usual routine; although Katie was occupied with her thoughts and I was occupied with worrying about her. After a while she got up and began to walk away. I started to follow her because Inuyasha would have killed me if I saw her leaving and didn't go with her. I followed at a distance until we came to the top of the hill. Here I stopped while she stumbled over to a tree near the edge of the hill we were on that overlooked a nearby village. At first I thought she was going to fall over the edge but then Katie sat down with her back against the tree, her knees pulled into her chest and started crying.
Then and there I decided enough was enough, to hell with Kagome's advice. I wasn't going to sit by while she cried her way to what she called an anxiety attack. I walked over as noisily as possible but she still jumped when I touched her shoulder. I started to laugh to myself until I saw the look on her face and realized it had already begun. I quickly sat down next to her and tried unsuccessfully to pull her onto my lap so I could comfort her better but just ended up pulling her close to me and wrapping my arms around her. The walls that held back the flood of tears broke as soon as I did this. I sat there holding her and stroking her hair as she tried to tell me what happened but because the anxiety attack was so far along that she was having trouble breathing and still crying, I could only make out certain words.
After what seemed like half an hour but was probably only ten or fifteen minutes Inuyasha showed up. Neither of us noticed him until he cleared his throat causing both of us to jump. He had a look of fury on his face and for a minute I thought his demon side would take over. I quickly got up pulling Katie with me. Apparently she noticed the same look of anger I did because she quickly suggested we get back. Inuyasha must have agreed for he went running off but not before saying it wasn't over. The look we shared told me she agreed with me that he was right. Since Katie was walking slower I walked beside her. I did not leave her because not only did I not want to further invoke Inuyasha's wrath but also because I knew she needed to be with someone.
When we got back to camp everyone was waiting. Inuyasha still looked angry but I wasn't as worried as before, since Kagome was around everyone was safe. All she had to do was say the three letters S-word and he would be stopped in mid attack. Shippo probably got sent off with Kilala since neither were there. Katie had started shaking again so I made her sit down before she fell. The others could wait and they did in silence until Inuyasha once again cleared his throat. I wanted to go over and strangle him but just then Katie made to get up. I made her sit back down and since I was quite certain she wouldn't stay I made sure she was sitting in my lap. Then after taking a shaky breath she began to tell us what happened the night before.
Katie's P.O.V.
I tried to wiggle out of Inukaiga's grip but the more I struggled the tighter his became until finally I yelped because it was starting to hurt. His grip immediately loosened but not enough to allow me to get away. The whole time this was going on the others were watched with mild interest. I could tell the others were trying not to laugh and I also could have sworn I saw Inuyasha smirking. I knew we had little time before Shippo came back with Kilala so I launched into my tale.
“As you all know I went back for a week to do the state testing.” I began and saw four heads nod even though it wasn't necessary; instead of saying anything I continued on. “You guys also know that the fights between my sister and her boyfriend have been becoming more frequent as have their fights with me. This past Tuesday I had to stay after school to work on a project and my sister picked me up. Anyway we got into a big fight what you saw was the result/aftermath of the tests and the fight with my sister.