InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha ❯ Inuyasha ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Koga's lips were inching closer, and his eyes were closing as he continued to eagerly move toward her. Kagome felt on instinct that she should do the same, pursing her lips after she moistened.them and then moving forward too. However, something inside her made her stop.
 
She brought her fingers to his lips and halted him. His blue eyes shot open in surprise as he realized that his lips met her fingers instead of her mouth.
 
"Kagome what is it?" Koga asked worriedly.
 
"I have a confession," she said with sorrow in her voice. His silence beckoned her to continue. "When you asked me to join the Rites of Courtship, I went head on not knowing what I was getting into. To tell you the truth..." she fidgeted somewhat in her spot on the ground. Her legs kicked a bit in the stream. "I did it to get back at Inu Yasha."
 
Koga's face fell somewhat. He looked away from her gaze, and he furrowed his brow in anger.
 
"I never wanted to use you. More importantly, I didn't realize I'd start..." He met her gaze again in anticipation, and she gulped, "I never thought I'd develop feelings for you."
 
He maintained angry eyes, but his lips cracked into a seductive grin. "Feelings?"
 
"Yeah..." she said, her voice trailing off. She looked away and blushed. "I know I still love Inu Yasha, but you make me feel...different..."
 
Koga inched closer to her. She could feel his warm breath on her cheek. He started studying her, grazing her face and body with his intense icy eyes. "Different? How different?" He whispered softly to her, and his breath made some of her hair flutter across her cheek. She closed her eyes and felt her own carnal heat wash over her. She heard him chuckle. Then he whispered very softly in her ear. "Never mind, I think I know."
 
She swallowed that forming lump in her scorching throat.
 
"Did HE ever make you feel this way?" Koga asked lightly, nibbling on her ear and placing soft heated kisses down her neck line. He heard her breathing quicken, and her face was completely flushed as if she had caught a fever.
 
"He....never...not like this..." she chirped out, dipping her neck on reflex for him to get more exposure of it. He softly placed his hand behind her head, and he guided her on her back supporting her. The both took their feet out of the cold stream and entwined them together. Koga laid next to her with his legs still with hers, but resting on his side as he hovered over her, looking into her clear lusting eyes.
 
"Koga, doesn't it bother you that I don't love you?" Kagome whispered painfully, watching his reaction.
 
He traced her face with his rough clawed finger, and then he stared into her eyes so deeply she feared she would see his entire soul and be trapped there.
 
"As long as you like me a little, I will want to touch you," he bent down and nuzzled his face into her hair next to her ear. "After you feel me and get a taste of me, I know you'll fall in love with me."
 
She gasped in surprise, and then seeing his entranced face she smiled weakly and then said. "You're always so cocky."
 
He chuckled, then he stopped laughing when he realized Kagome's attention was elsewhere. Her eyes darted past his and rested on the top of his head. "What is it?"
 
"Your hair..." she said dreamily.
 
"Eh?" He asked surprised as she kept staring at it.
 
"What does it look like down? I was always curious."
 
Koga gave her a bewildered expression before reaching up and nonchalantly letting the tire loose and letting his thick black hair fall wildly over his head and shoulders. Kagome stared at him with mild fascination and then started running her fingers through it.
 
"So pretty..." she said absently, and her attentions toward him suddenly made him blush.
 
Kagome giggled. "You're so strange. One minute you're being all cocky and then you turn around and blush. What's up with that anyway?"
 
"I...I..." he stuttered, which only seem to fuel Kagome's laughter. Her body vibrated underneath him as she giggled. He looked down at her, his face flushed as she continued to laugh innocently and rub her body against his. His heart pounded fiercely as he stared at the juncture of her shoulder.
 
"I guess... I'm cocky because I'm really unsure.." he said finally, some anxiety present in his tones.
 
"Unsure?" Kagome asked with some confusion.
 
"Unsure that you won't ever love me. No, actually I'm terrified of it," he said deeply, and Kagome became awed that he felt this strongly. She looked at him sympathetically.
 
"Koga..." she said softly. She shook her head. "I don't know why you love me this much. You hardly even know me."
 
"How can you say that?!" He bellowed. She was taken aback at his volume, and he relaxed when he saw her surprise at his tone. "You're an amazing woman. It doesn't matter that you're human; I still think you are beyond any demon or human I've ever met. As long as I've known you, you've changed my perceptions of the world. You changed me, Kagome." He bent down closer to her lips. She reddened profusely as he was centimeters from her lips. "I only feel like a true male when I'm around you. No, no other female makes me feel the way you do."
 
"Oh, Koga," Kagome said breathlessly, moved by his honest words. "I don't know what to say."
 
He sniffed the air and then grinned at her slightly. "You don't have to say anything. I can read what your body is telling me."
 
She looked at him wide-eyed as he shifted on top of her, his knee resting in between her thighs. She felt the heat from his chest blanket her own, and he rested softly upon her, not crushing her.
 
"Wait...Koga!" Kagome said as he took her hands in his above her head. She squirmed underneath him and then stopped when she felt something hard poke at her. "I know what I'm feeling, but I'm not ready to go all the way, you understand don't you? I haven't decided to become your ---"
 
"Shhh...." he said softly in her ear. His hair began to fall over her face as he bent over her. She breathed heavily, and her lips moistened on instinct. "Don't worry. I know..." was all he said. His voice intoxicated her, and his touch kept starting fires all over her body. Her forehead began to sweat. He kissed her cheek at first, robbing her lips of an impulsive moment; however, he wanted to taste her, all of her --- well, as much as she would let him.
 
He inhaled deeply her scent and said as he exhaled, "Your taste..." He inhaled again as if he was fighting to control his entire being. He sighed again. "I can't get enough of you, so sweet, so pure..." He groaned audibly as he licked from her cheek to her jaw line. "I feel so drunk." Then he began to rock his body into her, as if falling under some sort of carnal spell.
 
Her chest heaved uncontrollably against his, and she felt as though her heart was going to bust right through her chest with all the feelings he was summoning within her. She felt his warm tongue caress against her, and it made her tremble, forming goose bumps behind her head and on her upper arms.
 
She moaned as he took her ear lobe within his hot mouth and sucked at it delicately. After that moan, he released her hands, and she absently ran her hand through his silky masses of midnight hair. She started messaging his scalp with her fingernails, and he let out a growl.
 
"Are we doing something wrong?" she inquired listlessly, but careful not to spoil the mood.
 
"Mmmm..." he responded in between laps of his tongue. Then he said before kissing her neck again. "If we are, I want to be wrong more often."
 
She wondered to herself how she could so readily let him touch her like this when she loved someone else, yet her body didn't listen to the moral aspects of her mind. She didn't deny it; Koga electrified her, more than Inu Yasha ever did. Koga outright wanted her, and even though she initially only saw him as a dear friend, he was handsome and sexy. His eyes and wicked grin made her blood swirl like a storm inside her. And now, when she had intended just to use him, she had grown closer to him, and he caused a feminine charge within her spark and grow into a passionate frenzy. Every cell, every pore in her body vibrated at his fierce kisses and touches. She couldn't explain her feelings, nor could she deter the sexually charged woman that was surfacing from within her.
 
He abandoned his spot on her neck, and she pushed aside the embarrassing thoughts of a mark being there tomorrow. Koga stopped and looked intensely at her again and then with a serious expression he said to her, "Don't worry anymore, Kagome. We can figure this all out later. Just let me kiss you."
 
She nodded, the flush only strongly imprinted on her cheeks.
 
Her first kiss...
 
He bent down forcefully, and with a preliminary growl he captured her lips like fool eating from utter starvation. She moaned quickly, astounded by his strength and excited by his commanding presence in her mouth.
 
His tongue enraptured her mouth without warning, and she felt the fever and the desire it branded as it chased her own. To feel it against hers, to lick it and suck it by her own accord spirited her, and gave her the confidence and appetite to taste him more, feeling his sharp fangs grazing her sensitive flesh reminding her just how beautifully dangerous he was.
 
In between Koga's ravishing of her mouth, Kagome could only gasp as her body fell into vertigo of erotica. Of course, she had never been kissed before now, but the art of Koga's kisses and his aggressive strokes fueled all the other receptors of her body, and she feared how plain and simple life would be again without Koga's convergence.
 
With kissing her, Koga became more drunk on her, losing his good, rational mind to the raging sparks at the end of his nerves. HE felt like losing it all and giving into those beastly, animalistic urges the made him the demon he was. Kagome's body was so hot under him, burning even more like a rising heat of a volcano. The smell she was producing from her body was calling to him.
 
He wanted her....oh, how he wanted her, but her request to remain untouched hindered him much to his annoyance. However, he was as brave as he was cautious, and his hand slowly slipped under her shirt. She felt cool hand against her hot flesh, and at first, the touch was alien to her. She almost resisted, and she had many thoughts to send him flying off her, but a weird feeling came over her to not fight him. In fact, her body responded openly to him, and each squeeze of her breast sent her nervous system reeling and caused parts of her body craving more.
 
As Koga's fingers began to lace around one of her pert nipples, she moaned at the sensations such a touch caused. Then suddenly, when he felt his lower body ready to explode, something forced him to break off. He let out a throaty growl of disappointment and forced control. He panted heavily, climbing off her and staring at the ground with glazed blue eyes, slowly regaining their clarity.
 
Kagome's breaths were erratic and heavy, and her chest heaved in front of her, and her mussed up shirt blocked her view from Koga. She sat up and could tell it took all of his power to control the pace they were going. Kagome's face remained flushed as she imagined the things they would have done if she had permitted him to do more.
 
Koga grinned sheepishly at her. Kagome gave him an innocent look. He chuckled and roughly let out a heavy sigh.
 
"Well that's my limit before I tear your clothes off," he said bluntly causing an "eep" to come from Kagome. He smiled wickedly to her reaction, and Kagome was afraid of the perverted things that were now littering Koga's mind. He waved his hands in the air weakly. "Yeah that's right. Wolves aren't known to hold back. We either go for all or for none, so be thankful I only did that."
 
'There he goes again, being all cocky,' Kagome inwardly sighed. She couldn't help it, but Koga's behavior after their hot-and-heavy make out session caused her to crack a grin.
 
Her reassuring smile cleansed him somewhat, and he quickly ran to her side, scooping her up into his strong arms and resting his head on her shoulder. He inhaled heavily the scent of her body's arousal, and he wanted to drown himself in it. Kagome froze slightly and giggled nervously to his closeness.
 
"I won't ever let you go. I'd rather die than give you back to him," Koga whispered defiantly, his voice hinting with sadness.
 
"Koga...I..." Kagome stuttered, feeling pain lump slightly in her throat. She felt her heart fall as the sharp tones of Koga's voice washed over her with thick muddy regret. She began to hate herself for using the emotions of such a pure-hearted man.
 
"Don't say anything," he stopped her. He faced her, staring her straight in the face. "I will win you, and that's my dying promise."
 
Kagome gulped. "Dying? Wait a minute, Koga. It's not that bad. Don't say stuff like that. It worries me. You can't simply die because you can't 'have' me. There's more to your life than just me."
 
His expression remained solemn, almost eerie as he watched her when she spoke to him.
 
"No," he simply said. "I've had a taste of you, and now, I will want no one else. My one mission may be to collect the shards and get revenge on Naraku, but now I will die for something else."
 
Kagome felt a hitch in her breath, and her once crimson face paled. "Something else...?"
 
"Yes," Koga said, his voice unchanged from the serious melody it carried. "As long as I am living I will try to take you as my mate, through hell or whatever. If you have another mate, I swear I'll kill him so you can be mine. If I fail to win you, I would rather die than live life alone without you."
 
Kagome's lip quivered, and she felt tears welling up in her eyes. The way he spoke to her so passionately was something she almost couldn't fathom, and she felt she was watching a romance movie about her own life. Guys in her time didn't act like this, to love a girl so deeply that not even death could turn them away. She couldn't help wavering to Koga, when even in the back of her mind thoughts of Inu Yasha surfaced, and she remembered that Inu Yasha had acted that way too, to protect her and even die for her.
 
However, she had doubts. When Inu Yasha professed to save her, was he saving her because she was Kagome or because she WAS Kikyo --- the "living soul" of Kikyo? She just wasn't sure about Inu Yasha's true feelings for her. He was always so torn between them --- and leaning more toward Kikyo, regardless if she was the walking dead.
 
Koga was different. Koga only knew her as Kagome, and he didn't care about what sort of past life she was tied to.
 
She sighed as Koga held her, and they fell to the ground cuddling in each other's arms amidst the cold night air. She started to feel warm and comfortable in his arms, and her eyes began to feel heavy. Koga held her tightly, as if she was going to fly away at any moment. She looked at his face, and she guessed he was thinking intensely about something as his eyes closed and his brow flickered in concentration. She knew it would be safe to fall asleep like this with him because Koga would protect her. She had a lot to think about too, and the fact that she was becoming torn between Inu Yasha and Koga exhausted her. The last thought that traced her brain before falling into slumber was some sympathy for Inu Yasha.
 
'Now, I know who he feels when he has to choose between me and Kikyo.'
 
Back at camp, Miroku watched a sullen Inu Yasha stare into space as he rested against a tree. Sango looked at Miroku mirroring his concern for their friend, and they wondered in silence where Koga and Kagome had went.
 
As the night settled in, they began to get ready for bed, with the exception of Inu Yasha. Miroku noticed him getting happier as soul stealers circled around the forest behind him. The last thing Miroku saw before falling asleep was Inu Yasha bounding into the heart of the forest after them.
 
Miroku sighed. Suddenly, he didn't feel so bad for Inu Yasha anymore. He brought this trouble upon himself, he thought. Also, this time, Kagome wasn't left behind in sorrow. No, this time Miroku was sure that tonight Kagome was at last not alone, and with that thought he let sleep conquer him putting his heavy concerns aside.
 
Inu Yasha was veering closer to Kikyo's location. His heart still felt heavy after the incident with Kagome and Koga, but Kikyo's proximate presence had lifted his sorrow slightly. When he finally laid eyes on the one and only woman he loved, his pain was soon nullified.
 
"Kikyo..." he whispered breathlessly as he looked upon her eternally tormented face.
 
"Inu Yasha..." she said ethereally. She reached out her pale arms to him as he slowly inched toward her. He knew that in that body she was so fragile, and he was always afraid she would break if he held her too tightly in his arms.
 
When he finally held her cold body and blocked out her dead smell, he wanted to force himself to be content. The truth was he needed her and loved her like no other; however, unlike any of the other visits with her, Kagome now plagued his mind -- even in Kikyo's arms. He even began to shiver as Kikyo's cold body did nothing to comfort him physically. He desperately needed warmth. He felt so cold by himself, and Kikyo's body only seemed to make him feel colder.
 
Then he remembered the warmth from Kagome's body pressed against his back as he carried her so many times. How he would give anything to feel that again! He shivered, and Kikyo sensed his distress.
 
"Inu Yasha, what's wrong?" she asked lightly, and even her tone was cold. Did she really care?
 
"So cold..." Inu Yasha responded. He backed off from her arms and hugged himself. "Need to go..."
 
And he ran fast away from her, hoping the running would warm his body up, but as he ran, he realized it did nothing at all to warm his heart.
 
"Kagome..." he muttered. He remembered her warmth, smiles, and affection, but he feared they were gone from him. Would she give her heard to Koga? Inu Yasha growled and felt his heart grow heavy like stone.
 
'No...'
 
He fought back tears this time.
 
'I can't lose her.'
 
And perhaps he finally understood his true feelings.
 
TBC...