InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Iris ❯ Iris ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Iris
Author: Water Sprite
Disclaimer: I don’t own the Goo Goo Dolls (but who doesn’t wish that they did, yummy ^_~) … and sadly enough, I don’t own any of the characters that I have screwed with in my little fic here.

~*~

Sesshoumaru stood below a giant drowsy looking tree as he observed the night sky. Although he was looking to the bright stars they were the last things on his mind. He had an obsession, a desire, a weakness that was slowly consuming him this night. He dreamed against his will of laughing violet eyes, of a sly smirk and a roving touch. He could almost feel the soft caress of the covered hand, d**n it! He knew this had gone too far, but the further it went-- the better it felt.

[And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow]

He could remember that first night well, it was the beginning of all of his vexations this night. The sensations and the emotions that had been whirring through the air then, these feelings that had evaded him so frequently until that moment had come to him full force all at once flooding his very being. He was sure he would never let it happen again, but once was enough to have him addicted to the feeling, it was a different sensation to say the least, but nevertheless, he was hooked. He would stand by the camp site and await the monk-- it was a disgusting habit-- and he relished every moment of it.

[You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now]

He reviled in the moments thereafter and the after affect which would seem to last forever. Even now he could still feel a bit of the monk with him.

[And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight]

He had been the one to stop the meetings, they had become too frequent, too disturbing, too personal-- in short, he was coming too close to a truth that he would rather have ignored. Now, though, it was impossible to ignore, he could feel the dull ache building in his chest. He missed the contact, the feeling of being close to another being-- but he didn't need those things, he had already lived a substantial life without them. There had been that first taste though, the defining moment, he couldn't turn back. He wished he could-- he was baring too much.

[And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am]

The main problem was, admitting fault, if he did so, not only would he be apologizing to a human, but he would be admitting things that he wasn't ready for, things that were itching to make themselves known. He sighed, he had changed since that night, it was becoming ever more clear. He was almost willing to go to the monk and tell him the truth, he still couldn't bring himself to, there was still the fear of rejection-- what would he do if rejected? Killing would have come to mind if only it hadn't seemed so painful to see those alluring eyes so empty and void of light and laughter.

His chest became tighter, what was he going to do? Was there a way to this new emotion without the possibility of heartache? He looked at all of his options, he was a strategic master-mind and after a few minutes of hard thought he finally came up with an answer: There was no way around it. The thought in and of itself was disturbing, the entire thing seemed like the stories his mother used to tell him-- hopeless and heart wrenching, he had eventually learned to still his heart from such things. This, though, seemed to snap him from his comfortable emotionless state-- he was not pleased. The pain continued to build.

[And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
And you bleed just to know you're alive]

He rested his hand on the tree behind him absent mindedly, lost in thought, numb to everything that was going on around him. His hand slid a bit and caught on a splinter, he jerked his hand from the trunk, more from surprise rather than pain. Examining his finger there was a small streak of blood dribbling into his palm. He was intrigued by this tiny trickle, it seemed so real in the nightmare that he had, himself, woven. So fascinated was he by this commonality in his uncommon world that he simply missed the approaching being.

He could not miss, though, the hand that took his into it's confines so that the owner could examine the wound for himself. With a small grunt of recognition, Miroku pulled the sliver from the porcelain skin and looked to golden eyes. "It was just a splinter, it should heal in no time."

Sesshoumaru was stunned, how had the monk found him, better yet, how had the monk snuck up on him?! He looked back to the eyes that had him enchanted and was almost lost in them, and even though he was able to save himself from falling into the soul before him-- of course unbeknownst to him, he already had-- he was not able to pull himself far enough away mentally to snatch his hand back to it's rightful place.

Miroku nearly laughed at the things he saw in the demon's eyes, not because they were entertaining, but because it was no longer a new sight to see-- Sesshoumaru, though registering no emotion on his lovely visage, would share his emotions through his active eyes, whether his knew it, liked it, wanted it or not. Continuing to smile, Miroku brought the captured hand to his lips and licked from the palm to his index finger, cleaning it of it's reddened state, he finished by placing a light kiss on the would itself.

This snapped Sesshoumaru from his state of disbelief, "What are you doing?"

Miroku continued to kiss the pads of all of the other fingers and answered, "Kissing your wound to make it heal more quickly."

Sesshoumaru blinked a couple of times rapidly. "That does not help the healing process," he stated flatly.

"Yes, well, it doesn't seem to hinder it either," Miroku replied, smirk shining through his voice.

Sesshoumaru pulled his hands away, eyes yet again betraying the amount of strength it took for him to accomplish said feat, Miroku saw and understood. "What is it you want?" the demon lord asked coldly. "Didn't I say that there will be no more of these meetings?" he wanted to add, "And how the h**l did you find me?!" but decided against it.

Miroku looked to the ground, the usually forward monk had yet to make this type of confession to anyone, he hoped he wouldn't regret it. "Sesshoumaru-sama," he began, looking back up to meet the traitorous golden eyes. "I wish to make a simple request."

Sesshoumaru nodded silently, wondering what the request could be.

"Might we /not/ stop these meetings? Might we continue them, perhaps more frequently, perhaps for longer intervals of time, perhaps--" his breath shook with trepidation. "Perhaps we could never stop?"

Sesshoumaru's breath hitched in his throat, Miroku's ceased all together.

"What?" was the quiet reply.

"I was hoping that you felt the same way about me as I do for you," he gave a flashy smile, "it doesn't even have to be felt half as deeply."

Sesshoumaru's eyes widened, 'Half as deeply? Feels the same way? He-he feels the same way?!' Maintaining his cool demeanor Sesshoumaru stepped closer to the monk before him and enveloped him. Sesshoumaru pulled Miroku into a bone crushing embrace, his emotionless countance never once faltering.

Miroku was a little surprised, but he soon went from surprise to elation as he returned the embrace and buried his face into the crook of Sesshoumaru's neck, inhaling the smell that was uniquely Sesshoumaru.

"You accept?" Miroku asked, joking a bit.

"Do you accept me?" Sesshoumaru asked, serious as the day he was born.

Miroku pulled back, a little stunned at the question. Upon seeing the serious set of his eyes, Miroku replied, "I know who you are, and even if others miss it, I understand." The monk placed his hands on either cheek and pulled Sesshoumaru into a chaste kiss on the lips, eyes closed, Sesshoumaru enjoyed the light play of the familiar lips upon his. All too soon it was over and they had parted to look deep into the other's soul.

"It is settled then," Sesshoumaru said, caressing the side of Miroku's face. "You are pledging yourself to me tonight."

Miroku's face lit up with the kind of expression not uncommonly seen on a child's face as they walk into the room after Santa has visited. It didn't last long as the old smirk began to sneak in, "Of course, it will be my pleasure."

Sesshoumaru was anything but surprised by the return of the smile, he was in fact, rejoicing it's steadfast ways, for it always returned to the same place, no matter the time or day or time of day, for that matter.

[And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am]

END