InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's In the Rain ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]
I'm sorry if there's acually more song than script, the problem is that I only have wordpad on my computer and I can't find a way to count the words. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha nor 'it's in the rain' by Enya
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was an important day for InuYasha and Kagome. The anniversary of their meeting. Kagome's 16th birthday. The entire village partied with the group, using the modern appliences Kagome brought from her time.

The party had ended, for it was around midnight. The villagers had retired to their houses. Keade retreated to her hut. Sango soon followed, dragging an unconscious Miroku behind her.

Kagome and InuYasha were in the clearing before the Goshinboku, slowly dancing to the music Kagome had brought back from her time.

This is the scene Kikyo came upon.

She stayed standing behind the God Tree. She looked up through the tree's leaves when a raindrop bounced of her nose. She turned her gaze back to the couple, snuggling together, oblivious to the crack of lightning over head. Kikyo soon found herself singing along to the foreign words of the song.

Every time
the rain comes down,
close my eyes and listen.
I can hear the lonesome sound
of the sky as it cries.

Listen to the rain
Here it comes again
Hear it in the rain

Feel the touch
of tears that fall
-they won't fall forever
In the way the day will flow
all things come,
all things go.

InuYasha's ears twitched when he thought he heard Kikyo's voice. He raised his gaze to meet hers. Slowly he mouthed, "I'm sorry, Kikyo"

Listen to the rain
. . . the rain. . . .
Here it comes again
. . . again . . .
Hear it in the rain
. . . the rain . . .

Late at night
I drift away-
I can hear you calling
and my name
is in the rain,
leaves on trees whispering,
deep blue sea's mysteries.

Even when
this moment ends,
can't let go of this feeling.
Everything
will come again
in the sound,
falling down,
of the sky as it cries.
Hear my name in the rain.

Kikyo slowly nodded in response, "It's okay," she whispered, as the couple turned away, knowing the hanyou's ears would pick it up, "She is my reincarnation, after all."