InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's my Life ❯ The daily grind ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: Ok, now obviously I don’t own this, any original characters that pop up, yeah those are mine. But everyone else, those are all owned by Rumiko Takahashi. Which in case you didn’t know, isn’t me. I make no money off of this. But if I’m real lucky I might get a cookie or something.


Inuyasha watched the others walking ahead of him, he’d been doing a lot of that lately, hanging back while they traveled, and just….watching. It wasn’t anything special really, every so often Shippo would beg Kagome for a treat while he sat in the basket of her bike, and she’d give it to him. Inuyasha scoffed, what was the kit to good to walk nowadays? He really couldn’t believe how lazy the brat was, then again, it’s not like anyone was trying to teach him different. He sighed….this would probably be a mistake but he’d try anyway. “Oi, Shippo? Your legs broken or something?” He asked.

“Um…..no.” Shippo replied.

“Then why don’t you walk? You’re a demon, act like it, or are you gonna let humans coddle you forever?” Inuyasha quipped.

“Inuyasha! Don’t be so mean.” Kagome scolded. Shippo didn’t say anything, but Inuyasha could see his grin, he was just waiting for Inuyasha to be -put in his place-

“….Whatever.” Inuyasha muttered. Well damn it he had tried, but he knew, he just knew if he kept going, he’d be eating dirt, and he’d already received two sits today as it was. So he simply went silent, and renewed his group watching. Oh look, the monk is going to grab the slayers ass….wait for it……waaait for it…….

“Miroku you pervert!” Sango shrieked before clocking the monk in the head.

“It’s not my fault! It’s this hand! It’s cursed!” Miroku retorted. Inuyasha sighed again, day in and day out it was the same thing. You just watch any second now Kagome would decide it was time for a break….right about…………

“Hey guys why don’t we take a little break?” Kagome said. Inuyasha allowed himself a smirk. So predictable, still….they had just had lunch an hour ago, and his stomach took the time to remind him that he really needed to eat more then he had, and stopping now was simply ridiculous.

“You’re kidding me? We just started, are you humans really that weak?” Inuyasha spat out before he could stop himself. Kagome turned to glare at him.

“What’s your problem Inuyasha? You’ve been all nasty for days now, ever since Koga’s visit.” Kagome said.

“My problem is that we never get anything done, we are always stopping, always taking little side trips, and I just know in a few days your gonna want to go home.” Inuyasha replied. “It’s not a wonder we have so few jewel shards with you being such a lazy ass wench!”

“Inuyasha! SIT!” Kagome screeched, WHAM! If Inuyasha wasn’t currently face first in earth he would have smacked himself. Here he was just congratulating himself on how he had the groups, he a long since stopped thinking of them as his, patterns down, only to forget rule number one. Kagome gets what she wants…..always….no matter what, no discussion allowed.

As Inuyasha pulled himself up for the third time today, he couldn’t help but feel a little twinge of sadness in his chest. Didn’t anyone think it was wrong she could do that? Didn’t anyone remember he was a living being too? Or maybe….did they…..did they all just think of him as their dog? “You know I really don’t think it’s fair that every time I say something you don’t like you sit me Kagome.” He said.

“Well if you weren’t being such a jerk I wouldn’t do it.” Kagome retorted. Well didn’t that just answer everything?

“Hell I would simply not talk but I bet after a day or so of that Kagome would be up my ass with the, what’s wrong with you Inuyasha? and I just know if I told her she’d sit me, If I stayed quiet, she’d sit me. I just can’t win.” Inuyasha thought.

After a while later the group got up and continued on their way, once again Inuyasha allowed himself to fall into the back. Honestly he didn’t know how much more of Kagome he could take, and for the first time since they had started the search for the jewels, Inuyasha wanted nothing more then for her to go home, and to make matter worse that feeling inside of him was getting more and more pronounced. His stomach was tightening up, demanding more food then it had ever, and he’d already had to sneak away twice today just to eat again. His insides felt so hot, his blood thick, and he could swear that his senses felt sharper, his instincts pulling harder. What was going on?



Ok I know this chapter is short and not very good, but it’s kinda late, and I really wanted to update at least once. I’m working on bringing the story together and I think in the next chapter I’ll have more for you.