InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's my Life ❯ Keep on keeping on ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: Ok, now obviously I don’t own this, any original characters that pop up, yeah those are mine. But everyone else, those are all owned by Rumiko Takahashi.

This is Youki speaking

This is Thinking.

Thought I’d try to make that clear, I’ve gotten some emails about it.

Sesshomaru’s mind whirled, there was so much he wanted to say to Inuyasha, and so much he wanted to do. But he did not know where to begin, but he knew if he said too much to fast Inuyasha would become suspicious and close himself off. That simply would not do, this would have to proceed slowly.

“I hate slowly.” Sesshomaru’s Youki groaned.

“It can’t be helped.” Sesshomaru thought.

First things first, he would have to get Inuyasha to return home with him. But how? Ordering him would only lead to provoking Inuyasha’s rage; simply asking him would arouse his suspicion and lead to questions Sesshomaru did not want to answer just yet. He knew Inuyasha would not believe the truth so quickly, after a life time of abuse and neglect how could he expect Inuyasha to believe he intended to change, and make up for his past mistakes. He could only rely on the small chance that the hope that had burned inside of Inuyasha, the hope that he had felt extinguish itself, could be rekindled.

Looking down Sesshomaru fixed his eyes on Nefrume’s headless corpse, and then over to her head, the frozen expression of horror and shock on her face made a small chuckle rumble within his chest. Even in her final moments she apparently couldn’t believe she was capable of losing. Sesshomaru’s eyes slide back over to his baby brother, the hanyo and the monk appeared to be searching for the rest of Inuyasha’s clothes. However it seemed Nefrume had simply torn them up out of spite. Sesshomaru watched as Inuyasha picked at the ruined remains of his old coat, undershirt and armor.

“To fucked up to fix…” Inuyasha muttered.

Sesshomaru’s insides tightened as he watched the topless Inuyasha move around the room, or more precisely he watched Inuyasha’s muscles ripple as he moved. Inuyasha twisted his torso, seemingly working a kink out of his back, Sesshomaru had to close his eyes and take a deep breath as the urge to rush over, press his lips into the tight hollow of Inuyasha’s back, lick his way up Inuyasha’s spine and ravish the flesh of his neck, washed over him.

Where had that come from?

“You cannot deny his beauty.” His Youki whispered, “And we have gone so very long without intimacy….

“I am not trying to, however this sudden attraction is unbalancing, I am…..not used to such feelings, and if Inuyasha smells arousal from me he is not likely to reacted in a pleasant way.” Sesshomaru thought. It was almost not HIS fault they had been denied the pleasure of another. Sesshomaru lowered his eyes to the floor once more, the cooling pool of Nefrume’s blood continued to collect at his feet. The south was no without a leader, which could very well throw the land into chaos, the remaining two Lords and the Baron’s under them would wish to know why Nefrume had been slain, and if he could not convince them his actions were indeed justified they could very well unite against him. Many of the Baron’s feared him, and he was not on the best of terms with the Lord of the East, and this would give them the perfect excuse to attempt to his life and either place someone they could control on his throne, or assimilate his lands into their own.

He did not fear the other Lords, and the Baron’s were beneath his notice most of the time, but he truly did not wish a war, his lands were peaceful and prosperous, not to mention the largest of the body of land and people united under one banner. However his grievances with Nefrume were well known, it would not be an easy task to convince them. Inwardly Sesshomaru fumed, he did not lie! And he truly hated being accused of such an act.

Then it hit him, Sesshomaru looked back over to Inuyasha.

“That’s it…” He thought, Inuyasha could testify on his behalf, and not only would it give him a legitimate reason to ask his brother to come home, but also not one of the Baron’s nor the two Lords would dare stand against both son’s of Inu-Taisho. For once the strife between himself and Inuyasha would be useful; no one would believe Inuyasha would lie to help Sesshomaru. “Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru said, the hanyo tilting his head at Sesshomaru, their eyes meeting.
“What?” Inuyasha replied, somewhat snappish. Sesshomaru bit down a degrading reply. Old habits die hard and all that, slowly Sesshomaru began to walk towards Inuyasha, doing his best to ignore Inuyasha’s bare nipples; nipples that obviously needed licked and sucked.

“Mmmm now THAT sounds a lot better then arguing with a bunch of stuffy old men in a stuffy old room.” His Youki whispered.

Indeed it did…..strangely enough

“This Sesshomaru requires that you return home to the western lands with him.” Sesshomaru said, trying his best to keep his tone neutral and soft. Inuyasha’s eyes narrowed at him.

“What for?” The hanyo wanted to know.

“Yeah why should Inuyasha go anywhere with you?” The miko said, did that selfish human wench actually think she had a say?

Ignoring the strangely dressed human Sesshomaru answered.

“The lady of the south is dead, by our own actions; the remaining lords will wish to know why. If they believe our actions were not justified they may declare war upon the western lands.” Inuyasha snorted at hearing that.

“Yeah? That sounds like your problem, not mine.” Inuyasha said. Sesshomaru bit down on the urge to berate his little brother. It was his own fault Inuyasha was so disrespectful, the child had not been raised properly.

“Perhaps, but they will know of your involvement, undoubtedly one of Nefrume’s servants is rushing to inform them as we speak. It is not just me they will attack little brother, but you and yours as well.” Sesshomaru replied.

“What do you mean?” Inuyasha asked.

“Everything you claim as yours, your companions here, that human village you dwell at, everything.” Sesshomaru answered. It was harsh, but it was the truth.

“Wait your saying that they will declare war on me? Attack Kaede’s village?” Inuyasha exclaimed.

“Yes, that and more, and not only a few men either, but a whole army. You may wield Tessiaga but how many writhing masses of demon’s can you slaughter on your own before you fall, and what of your friends? Can you protect everyone from the combined might of the north, east and south? Nefrume may have ruled, but there are others in line, a cousin of hers in particular will jump at the throne in an instant, and he is not much better then she was.” Sesshomaru replied. In truth he didn’t actually think they would send a large army to attack the human village….but….Inuyasha didn’t need to know that.

“That’s BULLSHIT! She attacked me!” Inuyasha roared.

“Indeed, Nefrume’s took action against Inuyasha and us, he was merely defending himself.” The monk chimed in.

“Correct, this is why he must accompany me to explain such facts.” Sesshomaru

“What if they don’t believe us?” Inuyasha asked. Yes, that was a possibility, Sesshomaru was on good terms with the Lord of the North, the old bear and his father had been friends.

“I will stand at your side, if you will stand at mine.” Sesshomaru answered. Inuyasha’s eyes widened, he understood what Sesshomaru’s words meant.

“What has that got to do with anything? We are talking about people getting hurt, about Kaede and the village! Who cares where people stand!” the miko screeched.

“Kagome….he means..” The slayer started.

“Are you that stupid? He means that if I help him…he will help me.” Inuyasha huffed.

“Don’t call me stupid! You actually think he can be trusted? How many times has he tried to kill you already?” The miko shot back. Sesshomaru’s hackles rose, once again someone doubted his words, and hadn’t the miko aided Inuyasha just a few short moments ago? How anyone could flop around so much was beyond him.

“I’ll let you have that point, how do I know I can trust you Sesshomaru?” Inuyasha said.

“Because I said so, I give you my word. If you lend this Sesshomaru your strength, then this Sesshomaru will lend you his.” Sesshomaru replied.

“Count this Sesshomaru in too!” Sesshomaru’s Youki shouted.

“What good is his word?” The miko asked.

“Kagome, perhaps you shouldn’t…” The monk started.

“This Sesshomaru does not lie!” Sesshomaru roared, he was sick of people referring to him as a liar. The miko, Kagome was her name? Took a step back, the slayer coming up to stand beside her.

“I don’t suppose I really have much choice do I brother?” Inuyasha asked.

“No…no you really do not Inuyasha, not if you wish to be left in peace and for that I am sorry. But there are other advantages if you chose to come with me.” Sesshomaru answered.

“Like what?” Inuyasha said. Sesshomaru knew Inuyasha wanted peace, wanted it badly. Nefrume’s mental attack had left Sesshomaru drained, had driven him though more agony then he had ever felt in his entire life, had turned his whole life upside down.

But he know understood his brother better then ever.

He knew Inuyasha’s deepest wishes.

He knew Inuyasha’s greatest pains

And he, Sesshomaru, was intelligent enough to know how to use that.

“Food, shelter, a place to rest, and a tailor to fashion you a new set of clothing.” Sesshomaru answered.

“I can get myself new clothes all on my own; I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself, and any who travel with me, what makes you think I want what you offer?” Inuyasha asked.

“Liar…” Sesshomaru thought, he had seen Inuyasha’s eyes as he had answered him. The hanyo might have been capable of taking care of himself, but his eyes gave away everything. Inuyasha wanted to be taken care of, deep down, his baby brother wanted a real bed, to not to have to worry about acquiring food, to not have to worry about finding shelter. His baby brother was so young….and having seen deep into the dark corner’s of his mind, perhaps even his soul, Sesshomaru knew his offer held appeal, how could it not? Especially from someone who had nearly starved to death, froze to death, on more then one occasion.

The memory pulsed within Sesshomaru causing his heart to ache. Oh how he had failed.

“Be that as it may, the offer is there, you may accept it, or you may stand on your own. I cannot help you if you chose that path, I will have far too much on my own hands,” Sesshomaru answered. That…was not totally true, yet not a lie, should Inuyasha refused to aid him then he had no cause to lend his strength to the hanyo.

But he would anyway.

But Inuyasha didn’t need to know that either.

Inuyasha shot Sesshomaru a suspicious look. “I don’t trust you Sesshomaru; I want your word that this is not some kind of trick.” Inuyasha flatly stated. Annoying….but reasonable all things considered.

“Once more, you have my word Inuyasha. You and yours shall not be harmed by me, nor shall I order any of mine to perform such acts.” Sesshomaru said, adding the last part just in case Inuyasha was feeling particularly paranoid. Inuyasha sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

“This sucks…..alright damn it…it doesn’t seem like I really have a choice, I’ll have to come with you.” Inuyasha groaned. Sesshomaru’s tail twitched as he ran his fingers though its fur.

“Boy doesn’t HE sound enthused, I can think of a few ways to cheer him up.” Sesshomaru’s Youki whispered, a few images flashing though Sesshomaru’s mind, causing him to grip at the furry appendage curled over his shoulder as his stomach fluttered and lowers tightened.

“Can you please focus?” Sesshomaru thought. “There is so much to do before such things can even be thought of.”

“What can I say? I’m simple like that and I hate waiting.”
His Youki replied. Focusing his attention back on his brother Sesshomaru spoke.

“Then we should leave, the sooner we are back within the western lands the better, I for one would feel more at ease.” Sesshomaru turned, hopping Inuyasha would get the hint and follow, somehow he just knew if he just started walking and assumed Inuyasha would follow him, the hanyo would likely get upset, and with so much on the line, both personal and business, Sesshomaru felt the need to proceed with a certain amount of caution.

Inuyasha bent over, scooping up the little fox kit before setting him on his shoulder, Sesshomaru could have smiled as Inuyasha took the first few steps towards him.

“A moment please.” The monk said. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha looked over at Miroku.

“Yes?” Sesshomaru said.

“Yeah?” Inuyasha said in time with Sesshomaru.

“I would very much like to continue to travel with Inuyasha.” Miroku said.

“I’ve got no problem with that.” Inuyasha replied, looking sideways at Sesshomaru. The Lord of the West resisted the urge to sigh, he really did not want any of Inuyasha’s group getting in the way, he wanted his baby brother alone, and all to himself. But…..perhaps the monk could be of some use, after all he at least appeared to care about he hanyo.

“Very well.” Sesshomaru relented, before turning and continuing to make his way for the shattered remains of the main gate, the monk Miroku and Inuyasha filing in behind him. That bothered Sesshomaru, why wouldn’t Inuyasha come to his side? Then one of Inuyasha’s horrid memories flashed thought his mind.

“Perhaps that has something to do with it?” His Youki quipped.

“Just….shut up.” Sesshomaru thought. Though it did prompted another thought within Sesshomaru’s mind, why did he want his brother by his side so badly all of a sudden. He could understand why he felt the need to make amends….how could he not? But this sudden change within him…was so utterly confusing.

They had only traveled but a few feet when the miko, Kagome spoke.

“I don’t believe this, your actually going with him?” Inuyasha stopped looking back at the girl.

“Yeah, you heard him, I don’t want to have to deal with all of that shit, especially not if I can prevent it.” Inuyasha said. The girl scoffed, placing her hands on her hips.

“Oh come on. You’re going to trust him just like that? After everything he’s done? Are you out of your mind? Have you forgotten all the times he’s tried to kill you?” Kagome screeched.

“She is right Inuyasha. Miroku…surely you much agree.” The slayer said, although her tone was much less offensive then the miko’s. Sesshomaru ground his teeth together, he wasn’t sure how much more of his word being questioned he could take. One glance at the monk revealed eyes filled with a light that clearly said he didn’t want to get dragged into an argument.

Miroku opened his mouth to answer when Inuyasha spoke up.

“I aint forgotten anything Kagome, Sesshomaru is a vicious asshole, and I trust him about as far as Shippo could throw him, but on the off chance that he’s not full of shit…..I can’t take that risk. He’s brutal, sadistic, and colder then ice….but he’s doesn’t lie.” Sesshomaru found himself wincing at every word Inuyasha used to describe him and another wave of shame washed over him. What bothered him even more was the fact that if he had not have found himself stuck within Inuyasha’s mind, had not have experienced his baby brother’s anguish and suffering first hand.

He would have most likely never bothered to change.

“Excuse me? Does Un-mother ring a bell? How honest was that?” Kagome snapped. Sesshomaru watched as Inuyasha’s face darkened, and he cursed under his breath, the last thing he wanted was for Inuyasha to stay rooted in the bad places in the past, one could not move forward if they kept looking back.

The problem was that Inuyasha’s past; the good places were few and far between.

“Just what is your problem Kagome? Seriously? What the fuck, things were just starting to improve between us and now this….” Inuyasha snapped.

“What about Naraku?! What about the jewel shards? Sango’s brother? Miroku’s wind tunnel? Are you just going to ignore all that? Your always accusing me of wasting time and now your just going to run off?” Kagome shot back. “And what about us?”

“Don’t try to drag me into this.” Miroku quipped.

“First off I haven’t forgotten about any of that, but I can’t very well focus on any of that if I’m under attack by fucking army after army! And what about us? There is no us!” Inuyasha growled.

“So your just going to toss everything aside just to head of with your psychotic brother?” Kagome snarled.

“Kagome…your getting a little carried away.” Sango muttered. Kagome shot the slayer a look.

“I am not! Since when is Sesshomaru our friend? How do you know he’s not lying, Inuyasha, all he has ever done is hurt you!” Kagome spat.

“ENOUGH!” Sesshomaru roared, causing everyone in the room and jump. He had, had more then enough of his word being questioned and mocked. Not only that his Youki was positively in an uproar about the girl claiming herself somehow bound to Inuyasha. “Inuyasha and my past is our own Miko, it is of no concern of yours.” Sesshomaru snapped.

“You just can’t stand anyone questioning you! Your nothing but a bully! I‘m not about to let you hurt Inuyasha anymore!” Kagome shouted back. Her hands crossed in front of her, Sesshomaru was somewhat impressed by her bravado…did she actually think he WOULDN’T kill her?

“Correct human, I am not going accept anyone, let alone a human girl question MY word. Who are you to dictate what Inuyasha should and should not do? I am his brother, his Lord, your are not, he is not your slave, I am looking for his best interests, our families best interests, and what is best for our lands!” Sesshomaru snarled.

“Uh guys….I’m standing right here, you don’t have to talk about me like I’m not!” Inuyasha huffed.

“His Lord? What is that supposed to me? And since when do you care about his best interests? All you’ve done is abuse him!” Kagome shouted, stamping her foot hard upon the floor.

“Can I hurt her? Pleeeeeease tell me I can hurt her. Bitch thinks she can tell us what to do with OUR Inuyasha?” Sesshomaru’s Youki growled.

“It means…..stupid human…..you have only lived for a scant fifteen or sixteen years….how could you possibly understand we who have already lived for hundreds….yes this Sesshomaru has inflicted harm upon Inuyasha, but you foolish girl….so have you!” Sesshomaru snapped. How dare she….how dare SHE!

“What are you talking about?” Kagome sneered. Sesshomaru rolled his eyes.

“I have seen you humiliate my brother, driving him into the ground when he displeased you. But you no long hold power over him do you? I will not deny what I have done onto Inuyasha’s person….but at the very least my actions were honest. I never proclaimed to care for him, never spoke tender words along with my actions, unlike you.” Sesshomaru growled.

“Are you trying to justify what you’ve done?” Inuyasha asked. Sesshomaru sighed, his chest tightening. God damn it! For once he did not want to fight with Inuyasha…he wanted to heal….

“No. No I am not.” Sesshomaru answered. “Inuyasha I have explained myself, I have nothing more to say, you may chose not to come with me, not to stand by me. But I, Sesshomaru, the Lord of the West am requesting you to accompany me. Both for my aid and for your own benefit, I ask that you come with me Inuyasha……please.” Inuyasha’s eye’s widened at Sesshomaru’s words, Sesshomaru hadn’t meant to sound so needy….but it had merely came out that way. He wanted his brother to come with him, he NEEDED his brother to come with him.

The depth of the need shocked Sesshomaru, it was so confusing to have his feelings change so radically over such a short span of time. Nevertheless, he refused to be denied because some annoying, selfish human opened her big mouth. Hesitantly Inuyasha nodded, and Sesshomaru turned, spinning on his heel, as he stomped out of the southern castle.

Half a day later.

It felt good to be back within his lands, even the air smelled better, fresher. “Although we would already be home if not for the humans…” Sesshomaru thought. To be fair the monk had done a fairly good job of keeping up, the fox kit’s stamina had long since ran dry, and was currently half asleep perched up on Inuyasha’s shoulder, the two girls however seemed to be in no great hurry, the fact that they had decided to travel with him both surprised and annoyed Sesshomaru.

Though…..Inuyasha had not made it clear that he wanted them to come…..and Sesshomaru would have no problem with simply scooping Inuyasha up, summoning his cloud and taking to the sky. The hindrance to any such actions was the monk, it was getting late and although Miroku said nothing, Sesshomaru knew he was getting tired, unlike the girls the dark haired human male had strove to keep the pace with both Sesshomaru and Inuyasha, step for step. Interestingly enough, every time the monk slowed, Inuyasha very subtlety slowed to match him. Weather it was because Inuyasha did not want the monk to feel inferior, or if it was over concerns for Miroku’s safety Sesshomaru did not know, however he could tell that they would undoubtedly be forced to stop and rest for the night soon.

Sesshomaru did not want to stop, he wanted to be home, preferably in his large bed, on the silk covers, surrounded by warm furs. Ooohh that sounded good.

“We could have Inuyasha within our bed as well.” Sesshomaru’s Youki supplied. That to sounded good, not only because of his body’s sudden crave for his little brother, but simply for the touch of another Inu, Inu-Youki often slept in something of a pile, the size could vary, with their family, particularly after upsetting events, at least until they had families of their own, because if you had a mate and pups, you wouldn’t be snuggling with your parents any longer. Sesshomaru himself had not nested in centuries, but he could remember the feel of his father’s fur around him, and he could not help but wonder if Inuyasha had ever felt the urge to nest as well, would his baby brother feel the call of flesh and fur?

“Inuyasha?” Sesshomaru heard the monk say, his voice soft and gentle. “What happened back there? Why wouldn’t you wake up? What did Nefrume do to you?” Sesshomaru could not help but tuned his ears in tighter on their voices, he did not want to eavesdrop but….

After several deep breaths Inuyasha answered.

“I’m not…I’m not sure….I….I really don’t know how…but….its like she somehow made me…live though my past again…things…..things I’d rather not think of……or talk about.

“I’m…I’m sorry Inuyasha I didn’t..” Miroku started.

“No…its ok…its not your fault.” Inuyasha whispered. Sesshomaru’s heart lurched, so that was what had happened, Inuyasha had been relieving his past, but because of their marks Sesshomaru had been drug along for the ring, instead of being locked within his own mind.

Damn Nefrume….Damn her! How dare she force Inuyasha though those horrors again. But…..if she hadn’t, he would have never seen how Inuyasha had been forced to live, he would have never seen the consequences of his neglect so personally. Inuyasha’s pain still rippled within Sesshomaru, and he was torn between a fucked up sense of gratitude and the desire for Nefrume to be once again among the living so he could rip her spine out and ram it down her throat. Sesshomaru’s attention was drawn in by the soft curses of the miko as she struggled to walk in the dark, the girl appeared to b to be tripping over all manner of things.

Sesshomaru sighed gently, he had forgotten how helpless humans could be in the inky black of night.

“Oi Sesshomaru, lets call it a night.” Inuyasha said as he came to a stop. Sesshomaru resisted the urge to smirk at the look of relief not only on the monk’s face, but the two girls as well, though the slayers little neko did not appear tired and Sesshomaru found himself mildly pleased at the underlying irritation in Inuyasha’s voice.

“So I am not the only one who knows we could have made much better time on our own.” Sesshomaru thought. For a moment Sesshomaru allowed his eyes to linger upon Inuyasha’s naked torso once more, his little brother looked very uncomfortable……but why? There was no denying the splendor of Inu-Taisho’s youngest, smooth, perfect white skin, well toned muscles sitting perfectly in place. Modesty was one thing, but Sesshomaru had noticed that the entire time they had traveled Inuyasha had been attempting to cover himself as best he could, crossing his arms around his chest, flipping his long silver mane so that it spilt over his shoulders and back, covering him even more. It was very….strange.

“God…the ground is so hard, I hate sleeping outside….” The Miko Kagome mumbled to herself.

“No one asked you to come human.” Sesshomaru coolly stated. He simply could not fathom how his little brother had managed to put up with so much whining, complaining and just…plain weakness for so long. Kagome hmphed, shooting Sesshomaru a dirty look as the human members of the group began to settle down for the night. Out of the corner of his eye Sesshomaru noticed a light smirk adorn Inuyasha’s face was the monk sighed pleasantly after stretching himself out upon the earth. Slowly Inuyasha rocked his head in a small circle, working the muscles of his neck.

“Oi Miroku…can I ask you for a favor?” Inuyasha muttered.

“Mmm?…yes of course.” Miroku answered.

“Can you watch Shippo for a tad?” Inuyasha replied as he set the little sleeping fox kit down against Miroku’s side.

“Sure….can I ask why?” Miroku asked.

“I’m going to go soak for a little while, I smell water, and I don’t want to be bothered for a little while ok?” Inuyasha said.

“Hot spring?” Kagome suddenly piped up.

“No….just a cold water brook, maybe leading into a lake by the sound of it.” Inuyasha responded, his tone tight and hushed, irritation easily noticed. Inuyasha was correct, if Sesshomaru recalled correctly there was a river that flowed into a small lake, and then out the other side near here.

“Figures….” Kagome groaned before drawing herself deeper into some strange yellow bag. Inuyasha rolled his eyes before beginning to make his way north, shooting Sesshomaru a sideways look as he walked past. Sesshomaru watched his brother walk into the distance, he didn’t like the idea of Inuyasha going off on his own, and he could not help but notice that Inuyasha’s legs seemed stiff, his body sluggish.

“It would seem that the events with Nefrume may have left a greater mark then I anticipated.” Sesshomaru thought. Minutes ran past as Sesshomaru continued to stand, unsure of how to proceed, on one hand he truly felt he should go to Inuyasha, if only to watch over him, but on the other hand Inuyasha had stated that he wanted to be left alone. As he continued to ponder over what the correct course of action would be Sesshomaru was slightly amused at watching the human’s attempt to become comfortable upon the hard ground, the monk and the slayer appeared to be adapt at sleeping where ever they could, but even they appeared to be struggling a tad. Sesshomaru himself had never had such a problem, then again the humans did not have a large, soft, warm tail to curl up in. He loved his tail….he really did, though he couldn’t help but wonder if he would ever gain a second tail, or if his father had simply been unique in that regard.

Slowly Sesshomaru began to run his fingers though the fur of his tail once more, it was something of a habit of his, and he had to admit, a part of him was actually glad he had only lost an arm, instead of his tail. Silly….but…strangely true, although he certainly would not complain once his arm grew back, or if he could somehow reclaim his lost appendage from his father’s tomb.

“Will Inuyasha ever grow a tail?” Sesshomaru wondered. He knew that his tail had already begun to grow before he had even been Inuyasha’s age, he had certainly not forgotten the pain it had caused, almost like teething out of his ass…..well upper tailbone but still, it did seem unlikely that Inuyasha would gain a fluffy appendage now, but perhaps the reason it had not started to grow just yet was due to his human blood. He wasn’t sure why the thought had suddenly slid into his mind, he just….well he loved his tail, had been so proud when he was capable of tossing it over his shoulder much like his father did, and he found himself wanting Inuyasha to have such an option. Not to mention the fact that large fluffy tail equaled insta-bed, and he knew Inuyasha would take pleasure in a soft bedding to sleep upon. Sesshomaru jolted himself back to the present when a thought occurred to him.

It had been over twenty minutes since Inuyasha had left.

Sesshomaru began to worry slightly, intellectually he knew Inuyasha could handle himself quiet well, though the boy was more a brawler then a warrior, it still weighed upon his mind. As a matter of fact this would situation was doing nothing but throwing him off track, just battering him this way and that. He was Lord of the West, THE Sesshomaru, he took what he wanted, when it wanted it. He was not used to thinking of another’s feelings, let alone caring.

But here he was.

Caring.

Caring how Inuyasha felt, caring if Inuyasha would become angry with him.

It simply would not do for Inuyasha and him to be at odds. They needed to be strong right now, and once all the trouble was done with, Sesshomaru would do his best to ensure that they were able to heal.


Though….if he went to Inuyasha, and Inuyasha became angry at being disturbed he could offer what he suspected were the causes of the changes in Inuyasha’s body, that could mollify him. It was obvious that the hanyo had absolutely no idea what was going on.

“That’s not all is it?” His Youki suddenly said. “You want to be close, to ensure his safety and…..for comfort.” Sesshomaru sighed.

“I…yes…..I do.” Sesshomaru thought.

“There is no shame in that, and you know that, he is the last of our family. Its Inu nature after all.”

That was true, and he did feel so…horrible, Inuyasha’s memories had lodged themselves deep inside his skull. Inuyasha’s pain still burned though him, and had begun to settle within his muscles, his bones, and his heart. He had not felt so utterly horrible since his father had died, and somehow because of his Tenseiga, he had felt THAT too.

“I only got to hold him once….hold him close for me Sesshomaru, and never let go.” Inu-Taisho’s words suddenly rang within his skull. Sesshomaru actually smiled, well that was it then wasn’t it? Sesshomaru turned, his nose catching Inuyasha’s scent easily as he began to make his way to Inuyasha. After all…..far be it from him to deny a request from the great Inu-Taisho.


Inuyasha groaned, god he felt like total fucking shit! Like he had been stuck in-between two grindstones for about a year and a half. Soaking in the water didn’t seem to be doing jack either, though it had been a pleasant surprise to find a relatively deep body of water that was cool and clean, hell he could even see the bottom. The cool water did feel good against his strangely hot skin, but that was about it. He wasn’t sure how long he had been gone, and although he knew he should be getting back soon he just…didn’t want to. The fact that all he had to wear were his fire-rat pants….he did not like walking around with his upper body bare. It was embarrassing, not to mention after so many years of being called disgusting, wretched, vile, and all other manner of name’s, the youngest son of Inu-Taisho had developed a bit of a complex, no one had ever seen him naked, not willingly anyway, not Kikiyo, not Kagome…no one. Except maybe Sesshomaru….but damn it that wasn’t willing and he STLL didn’t know what the fuck happened.

Inuyasha stretched, his body, his joints popping slightly before his muscles immediately coiled back up. Inuyasha growled, would his body ever relax? His muscles were so tight that they were aching and seizing up. Granted the cool water was not as soothing as hot water would have been, but it still wasn’t cold enough to cause his body to lock up like this. He could always get out of the water and try to stretch and massage his muscles sure…..but he was felt so hot……whatever was happening within his body was becoming almost impossible to ignore, it felt almost as if he was racing towards something, and picking up speed at every step.

“See this is why we need a mate to rub….us as needed.” His Youki said.

“Pervert…..honestly would you shut the fuck up about a mate? Its NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Hanyo live alone, Hanyo suffer ALONE, And HANYO DIE ALONE!” Inuyasha roared.

Ok first off….when you insult me your really just insult yourself, and secondly, don’t be like that, ok….I know things have been rough…but don’t give up ok?” His Youki shot back. Stupid….stupid stupid stupid! Grrr…..

“FUCK! Why am I so hot!!” Inuyasha snarled. His insides felt molten and his tail bone was starting to ache…..

Inuyasha didn’t like this, didn’t like feeling these strange changes, and he most certainly did not like not knowing what was going on.


…..Speaking on changes, what the fuck was up with Sesshomaru? His asshole brother was acting really friggin weird. First he offers protection and aid, about a hundred and fifty years late, and then Inuyasha could swear he had caught Sesshomaru stealing little glances at him, and his eyes had looked…..sad…regretful…

Was Inuyasha only imagining things? It bothered him that his brother’s sudden change in behavior just so happened to occur when he, the half-breed scum, was suddenly needed. Which honestly pissed him off…big time, and more then anything he had wanted to tell Sesshomaru to fuck off, to just shove it all up in his ass.

“Speaking of his ass….” Inuyasha’s Youki whispered.

“We’re NOT!” Inuyasha growled. That was another thing that was getting on his damn nerves, the fact that this supposed part of ‘him’ kept trying to bring up what happened with Sesshomaru on the cliffs, and frankly Inuyasha didn’t want to think of that, he just wanted to forget it. He wasn’t sure how it had happened, all he knew was that it should NOT have happened.

Yeah he wanted to tell Sesshomaru right where he could stick his meeting with other Lords, but he really did not want to have even more people gunning for his ass, especially not people with army’s and resources and all that crap, and he certainly did not trust Sesshomaru to truly have his back if they decided to attack anyway. He did believe that Sesshomaru was telling the truth however, that these other ‘Lords’ would stick their noses in business that wasn’t there own. Though he couldn’t help but wonder why Sesshomaru had gotten involved in the first place. Miroku had claimed Sesshomaru had come to save him, but Inuyasha believe that about as much as he believed Naraku was really a gentle person who only wanted a hug. Sesshomaru had probably come because he couldn’t stand the idea of someone other then him abusing Inuyasha, not to mention Nefrume’s whole plan of trying to use Inuyasha to take over the Western lands.


Make no mistake though, Inuyasha had no intention of believing that his asshole brother cared about him, that ship had sailed long ago. He had to be careful, especially once Sesshomaru got what he wanted, that was the time when the bastard would stick him in the back if he could.

Inuyasha’s ears tilted to the side as foot steps began to approach, and a simple sniff revealed the intruder.

Sesshomaru.

Inuyasha growled to himself, had he not said that he wanted to be left alone? He shot Sesshomaru a glare as the full-blooded demon came to a stop at the water’s edge.

“What do you want?” Inuyasha snapped.

“You have been gone for a lengthy amount of time. I thought to check on you.” Sesshomaru replied.

“Feh! As if I need you to check on me. I can take care of myself, have been for over two hundred years.” Inuyasha snapped.

“You are still very young Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru said softly. Huh? What the….

“And what’s that suppose to mean?” Inuyasha growled. Not surprisingly this was starting to really grate upon him, he had asked to be left in peace and here was Sesshomaru….being weird….this had to be some kind of trick.

“You are at an age were you should not even be permitted to leave your home, at least not without your parents or a guard of some sort.” Sesshomaru answered.

“Are you calling me weak? If so that’s big words from the one armed bandit-asshole. Besides I have NO home and my parents are dead, unless you forgot that shit-sucker!” Inuyasha spat, sheer venom in his voice, the hilt of his blade filling his hand as he stood up, the water bursting around him. Almost instantly his muscles locked up tight, pain roaring though him, outwardly Inuyasha only gritted his teeth tighter. “It doesn’t hurt….it doesn’t hurt, it cant hurt until I say it hurts and it doesn’t hurt.” He chanted to himself. Sesshomaru looked upon Inuyasha’s naked, wet, trembling body, his eyes reflecting something Inuyasha could not quite read.

“No…I am doing nothing of the sort, I was merely answering you question on why I felt the need to ensure your safety….” Sesshomaru stated.

“Oh that’s right…I did forget, all of a sudden I’m useful to you.” Inuyasha sneered. Sesshomaru sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

“Shall I assume you are going to berate me at every possible moment?” Sesshomaru asked.

“Gee let me think….to give the asshole shit….or not to give the asshole his well deserved shit.” Inuyasha sarcastically wondered aloud.

“Do you truly think it wise to provoke this Sesshomaru? I have been cordial to you, and let me remind you that we will need a show of unity when we face the other Lords.” Sesshomaru asked, his voice beginning to chill.

“What did you think I was just going to play nice nice with your stupid-” Inuyasha started.

“I would hope you would understand the seriousness of the situation, however should you feel the need to be your usual disrespectful, vulgar self, I would ask that you do it behind closed doors.” Sesshomaru interjected.

“So what I’m supposed to kiss your ass? I don’t think so!” Inuyasha snarled, having seemingly totally forgotten that he was currently standing in cool, crystal clear water, totally naked with a sword in his hand arguing with his brother.

“Hardly….I simply require that when we are not totally secluded, that we put on a front of unity, should they believe our relationship is fragile, they will most certainly try to pick at it.” Sesshomaru calmly replied.

“Well shit, just one problem there, we don’t have a relationship.” Inuyasha shot back.

“Perhaps…..things change. Nevertheless, it will not kill you to refrain from insulting me with every breath.” Sesshomaru stated.

“I don’t get you….I really don’t, and one other thing, why would these supposedly powerful Lords be shaking in fear at the two of us, I’m bad, but damn you make it sound like they would be terrified of attacking us.” Inuyasha muttered.

“Inuyasha….you wield Tessaiga, which I need not remind you is capable of utterly decimating even the most massive demon horde.” Sesshomaru said.

“Yeah so?” Inuyasha asked. Sesshomaru sighed again, and Inuyasha could almost hear his older brother berating him in his mind.

“Which means you could easily wipe out even their mightiest army with but one sword stroke.” Sesshomaru explained.

“I know that…but….well fuck I’m not untouchable.” Inuyasha quipped.

“Yes I think I myself have proven just how touchable you are, however killing you would be rendered moot as I could simply revive you with Tenseiga.” Sesshomaru pointed out.

“But you can’t do that over and over can you?” Inuyasha asked.

“I do not know, but NEITHER do they, understand little brother? It must also be mentioned that my power alone intimidates them, how do you suppose I keep the peace so efficiently? So how can they attack? Dare they face me? Knowing full well what this Sesshomaru can do? Now couple with that a power that can rip through their armies like paper, which they cannot stop.” Sesshomaru answered.

“So just kill you first then.” Inuyasha stated.

“A task that is not so easily achieved…..but what good will it do? When you could simply restore this Sesshomaru to life with Tenseiga.” Sesshomaru replied.

“But I can’t use your sword anymore then you can use mine….can I?” Inuyasha asked.

“I truly do not know, but neither do they. Are you understanding my words Inuyasha? How can they face a set of forces that is more then capable of massacring even their best troops in but a few moments, couple that with the army of the West and we have a very potent threat indeed little brother.” Sesshomaru smugly stated.

All Inuyasha wanted to know was this…..


How the FUCK did Sesshomaru think of that on the spot.

Slowly Inuyasha slid his blade back into its sheath, before laying it upon the ground within reach once more. It was then he noticed his lack of dress, embarrassment washing over him Inuyasha attempted to cross his arms around himself for some form of cover, when pain exploded through his body, causing him to cry out as his body began to knot up horrible, his right arm trying to twist itself into some strange claw, his left wracking with horrible tremors

“Fuuuuuuuuuuk” Inuyasha groaned. What the hell was happening? His body felt like it was trying to tear itself apart.

The next thing he knew Sesshomaru was kneeling in front of him, holding his face, their eyes meeting, Sesshomaru’s ablaze with….concern?

“Inuyasha! What is wrong? Answer!” Sesshomaru barked, Inuyasha tried to push him away, tried to open his mouth to tell Sesshomaru off, but he couldn’t move, his body coiling even more, his limbs trying to twist themselves in extremely unnatural positions, not to mention a sharp stabbing pain around his tail bone, and all that came out of his mouth, much to his embarrassment, was a low pitched pained whimper. Instantly at the sound Sesshomaru pulled Inuyasha closer, nearly jerking him up and out of the water. Sesshomaru’s hand roamed over Inuyasha’s back as Inuyasha himself clutched at Sesshomaru’s clothing, his hands locking into the material, and refusing to unclench.

“Your muscles are very tight…..” Sesshomaru muttered, his hand wandering down Inuyasha’s back, attempting to massage the poor hanyo. Inuyasha’s body began to spasm harder, mini seizures rocking though him. It hurt…god it hurt. As if all the shit with Nefrume wasn’t enough, now this. Then Sesshomaru’s hand touched the spot over Inuyasha’s rounded bottom, Inuyasha’s fangs dug into Sesshomaru’s armor as he tried to stifle a shriek, THAT hurt worse then anything else, instantly Sesshomaru’s hand shot away from the suddenly very tender spot. “Am I to be correct in stating that, that spot is a painful place to touch?” Sesshomaru softly asked.

“W-what….a stupid….f-fucking question.” Inuyasha grunted out, his pride taking a serious blow, not only was he completely helpless in front of Sesshomaru at the moment, but he was naked and pressed up against him, and he couldn’t get his hands to let go!

“Tight body….painful spasms….” Sesshomaru mumbled.

“Yesssss.” Inuyasha hissed. This sucked, here he was in pain, a reoccurring problem in his life it seemed, and Sesshomaru had made no move to help…..not that, that was much of a shock.

“Your skin is also very hot…..your burning up little brother.” Sesshomaru whispered, and there was something in his tone…almost as if he was talking to himself more then Inuyasha….and something else….like….like he was checking something off…..

“Not s-s-shit…..fuuuck……I noticed.” Inuyasha groaned. Then it started, from the tips of Inuyasha’s toes, his body began to shake, the tremor shot right up Inuyasha’s legs, into his tail bone, ripped right up his spine, before settling in his head, causing it to bash against Sesshomaru armor. Inuyasha’s breath came in red hot pained gasps. This was it….he was dieing….he knew it….this had to be how hanyo finally died, if they lived long enough. He couldn’t believe it, his body was collapsing in on itself and he found himself pressed up against his sadistic, nasty asshole brother, who was probably enjoying the show.

“There must be a way……to relax…..ah that’s it!” Sesshomaru whispered, Inuyasha tensed as Sesshomaru’s arm held him tight and snaked around the back of his neck, then long, elegant, deadly fingers caressed across the mark of possession along Inuyasha’s chest, fingers held carefully with practiced ease to keep razor sharp claws from slicing into the intricate, intertwined crescent moons. Pleasant warmth burst through Inuyasha, pushing the pain back, and slowly, very slowly his muscles began to unclench, his body becoming lose once more….all at the hands of a man who had told him on many occasions, over and over, ever since he was small.

That he would kill him.

Inuyasha could not stop the pleasant sigh that slid past his lips, the pain had stopped, his body felt loose and soft. But then he suddenly found himself back in the water, which eased his burning skin, but deep down he could feel the tightening, the cramping licking at him.

“What was that for?” Inuyasha snapped, it would figure Sesshomaru would toy with him, but that was ok, Inuyasha didn’t want him touching him anyway.

“Your skin is very hot, I am assuming the cool water of the lake helps ease that.” Sesshomaru replied.

“Yeah….but…” Inuyasha started, he could feel his walls crumble slightly, that brief moment of comfort had thrown him, and even though he didn’t want to admit it, whatever Nefrume had done to his mind had shaken him. Badly.

To feel all that pain again.

The cold.

The hunger.

The aching loneliness.

Inuyasha’s emotional defenses were at an all time low, and the short moment of care Sesshomaru had seemed to have just shown him, really hurt.

Snap!

Thunk!

Inuyasha’s head whipped back to Sesshomaru as he both heard and saw the Lord of the West’s armor hit the ground, before Sesshomaru began to quickly undo his upper garments, his coat and undershirt slipping to the earth, his two swords gently placed next to each other upon the ground. Inuyasha’s eye’s widened as Sesshomaru quickly undid the ties around his waist, his pants falling around his ankles. Gracefully Sesshomaru stepped out of the clothing that pooled around his feet, and Inuyasha got a clear, unobstructed view of Sesshomaru, the curves of the muscles of his back, the demon markings Inuyasha had always been jealous of slashing across Sesshomaru’s hips, back, forearms and other places, almost screaming taunts at Inuyasha, look what I am, they seemed to say, look at what you will never been.

“You know….he is an asshole and all that….but I have to got say……THAT is one mighty fine ass.” Inuyasha’s Youki purred.

What.

The.

FUCK?!

“Wha t the fuck are you talking about!!?” Inuyasha roared.

“I’m just…..I’m just saying you know….nice ass….and all that.” His Youki fumbled.

“What are you doing Sesshomaru?” Inuyasha asked, trying to ignore the cramping that was building once more.

“Undressing.” Sesshomaru answered.

“I can see that fucker! I want to know why!” Inuyasha snapped. It was then he noticed that Sesshomaru’s stupid fluffy thing was still over his shoulder, Inuyasha had always thought it was part of his coat. “And just WHAT is that fluffy thing?” Sesshomaru turned, blinking at Inuyasha, the view of his sex blocked by the fluffy thing that curled around him…..did it just move?

“Well first of all, I am undressing because I am going to get into the water, and I do not wish my clothing to become wet.” Sesshomaru replied. “And as for my fluffy thing, it is my tail Inuyasha.” Inuyasha raised an eyebrow.

“Your fucking kidding me….that stupid thing that you toss me around with is your tail?” Inuyasha muttered.

“It so hard to believe? Yes I have a tail. Father had two.” Sesshomaru said, turning around once more, giving Inuyasha his back, there Inuyasha could clearly see the fluffy white appendage connected to Sesshomaru above that very white, smooth bottom….

Growling at himself Inuyasha averted his eyes, looking down into the water.

“I don’t have one….” Inuyasha whispered.

“You are a hanyo.” Sesshomaru stated. Inuyasha’s temper spiked, his head snapping up to glare at Sesshomaru….or he would have if the asshole had been there. Where did….

Slowly Sesshomaru’s arm circled around Inuyasha’s chest, pulling him backwards into Sesshomaru’s lap, part of Sesshomaru submerged tail separating Inuyasha’s bottom from Sesshomaru’s…..lower parts. Inuyasha opened his mouth to protest when Sesshomaru’s fingers found their way back to his mark, rubbing it gently. The effect was immediate, Inuyasha’s body relaxed, the cramping dissipating without a fight.

“Why does that happen?” Inuyasha muttered, this felt weird….sitting in Sesshomaru’s lap, their flesh pressed against one another, Sesshomaru’s arm cradling him. It stirred something inside of Inuyasha, something….warm…something safe.

“The mark is designed to show who one belongs to, it is generally in an easy to see, easy to touch place, and will often cause discomfort and nausea should anyone other then the…one who left the mark touch it. As for the relaxing in your muscles, the mark has the added effect simply to calm one’s mate easier…if need.” Sesshomaru explained.

“Oh…..” Inuyasha whispered. He didn’t want to admit it…but this felt good, not only because it removed his pain….but it felt good one another level…one he didn’t understand. “You can let me go now.” Sesshomaru’s fingers continued to play upon the mark, coupled with the soothing warmth at his back, and the rhythmic rise and fall of Sesshomaru’s chest, it was beginning to lull Inuyasha, and he simply could not afford to fall asleep around Sesshomaru, but he couldn’t get away, he could move, but he couldn’t gather his strength, just like the last time.

“I do not wish to.” Sesshomaru stated. “I wish for us to be close right now.”

“What!?” Inuyasha exclaimed. “Since when do you….what the fuck!” A boost of anger shoved away the weariness within Inuyasha, at least for the moment. Sesshomaru buried his face in Inuyasha’s sliver mane, taking a deep breath. “What are you doing?”

“Do you not feel it?” Sesshomaru asked. “The warm pull deep inside, do you not wish to nest?” Nest? The hell? They weren’t birds.

“I don’t know what the hell your talking about, let me go!” Inuyasha growled. He…he did feel warm inside, this did feel….soothing….it felt….it felt like…..

Home.

And that, Inuyasha could not accept.

Sesshomaru was not warm.

Sesshomaru was not safe.

Sesshomaru was NOT home.

“Do you truly not feel it? The warmth, calming on your nerves. Do you not feel safe? Does my touch not chase away the darkness that threatens you?” Sesshomaru asked, his tone anxious. Actually…..that was a pretty damn good explanation for how Inuyasha felt right now.

“I really….really……REALLY don’t understand you right now Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha sighed, slightly leaning back into his brother, sure Sesshomaru might take this chance to kill him, but at the moment, Inuyasha could do little to stop him.

“I will explain if you answer but one question little brother.” Sesshomaru said.

“Oh really? What is it?” Inuyasha mumbled. Inuyasha did not like how vulnerable he felt right now, he actually was having to keep himself from getting emotional or spilling his guts to Sesshomaru about how he really felt right now. It was beyond strange….he’d never felt like this in his whole life. Could it have something to do with what was happening in his body? Or was it because of that bitch Nefrume?

“I wish for you to answer me honestly Inuyasha, how does this feel to you? And have you ever wanted this before now?” Sesshomaru asked. Inuyasha blinked, tilting his head back to look at Sesshomaru’s face, he was surprised to see his brother looking down on him, his eyes pensive.

“Are you serious?” Inuyasha asked, Sesshomaru merely nodded and Inuyasha sighed. “It would figure you’d ask some fucked up personal question. I don’t know how to explain how I feel right now….how I feel, and how I know I SHOULD feel…don’t seem to be matching up, as for wanting this…..” Inuyasha closed his eyes. “Yeah….I used to…a long time ago….I don’t pay much attention to it anymore.”

“I…I see.” Sesshomaru replied. “Very well….this situation with Nefrume…I neednt….it has left me…..very unbalanced.”

“Unbalanced…yeah…that’s one way to put it.” Inuyasha groaned, he felt like one giant gaping emotional wound, he always tried to not think of his past, but then to have it shoved in his face like that.

Devastating.

But this…this felt good. Why did it feel so….so…

Right.


“I wanted this…..to be close like this….brother I wanted this.” Sesshomaru admitted, his tone very soft. Inuyasha’s eyes jerked open, glaring up at Sesshomaru, he didn’t know what was going on in Sesshomaru’s head, but if he could have coiled his strength he would have punched Sesshomaru right in the face. After all those years of shoving him away, NOW he says he wanted him close? What the fuck…. “I know….I know what is most likely running through your mind Inuyasha. Allow me to explain….this….what we are doing right now….its actually very natural to Inu-Youki, and if you say you fell its call as well, then obviously it is the same for Inu-Hanyo. You do feel its call do you not?” Sesshomaru continued.

He did feel something.

“I….I think I do. I feel…” Inuyasha whispered, not sure why he was opening up, but it just seemed so hard to put up his walls right now, and a part of him was telling him, loud and clear.

He didn’t have to.

“It has a few names….depending on the race….but father always called it nesting. The urge to be close….to hold and be held. Every creature desires comfort when injured. But for us…for Inu…it is something more. Our bodies react different, our blood changes.” Sesshomaru smiled. “Father used to say, that if there were enough of us, we would all sleep in one big ‘puppy pile’ this is right Inuyasha, this is right..” Sesshomaru whispered into Inuyasha’s ear.

It did feel right but….

He didn’t want it.

Didn’t want to be so close to Sesshomaru.

Didn’t want to be touched.

“Sesshomaru….can you let me go…I.” Inuyasha said. For a moment Inuyasha saw hurt rolled through Sesshomaru’s eyes.

“There is nothing wrong with this Inuyasha…..I do not understand…” Sesshomaru said.

“Look….ok I’m willing to buy that some freaky Inu-blood thing caused you to do this, and I appreciate you making the cramping go away, because that sucked, but I’m not about to let this happen just to have it thrown in my face when you go back into asshole mode…..we both know what you think of me Sesshomaru, you’ve made it crystal fucking clear over the years, and I--” Inuyasha spat.

“This never happened.” Sesshomaru stated.

“What?” Inuyasha huffed.

“This never happened, we never speak of it, and we never tell anyone what happened here. It will never be brought up. It never happened.” Sesshomaru whispered. “I give you my word.” Inuyasha wanted to argue. But he was so wore out…he really needed to rest, to get some sleep, to eat, to regain his strength….he needed a damn holiday. All those spasms and clenching had left his body sore and tired, on top of the mental weariness from Nefrume.

“What in the hell is happening to me anyway…” Inuyasha whispered, almost to soft to here.

“I can not say for sure, but I believe that you are a maturity cycle, a zenith of the first stages of your life. However I am not totally sure if that is what you are going through due to your hanyo status.” Sesshomaru stated.

“So your not sure?” Inuyasha asked, he hated having to rely on Sesshomaru, but he wanted answers, and wanted them badly.

“No, I am not. However you are exhibiting many tell tale symptoms, rapid growth, increased appetite, massive muscle spasms, and minor seizers brought on by your body growing so rapidly. It draws parallels to my own first period of growth, as my body began to take its first steps towards fruition. But I was much younger then you….” Sesshomaru explained.

“How long are you going to play with that mark?” Inuyasha asked, his voice thick with sleep, his head was already slowly beginning to rest against Sesshomaru’s chest.

“We wouldn’t want your body locking up again, father and a few servants had to spend hours massaging the kinks out of me, and in comparison this is remarkably easy.” Sesshomaru answered, a small bit of humor in his tone.

“Mmm…ish thash…soooo.” Inuyasha drawled out, he really did not want to fall asleep, but he was comfortable, no aches, no pains, he wasn’t hot, and for some reason Sesshomaru scent was having a different effect then usual. But he fought it anyway, he wasn’t about to totally let his guard down.

“You may sleep Inuyasha, no harm will come to you, and you are safe.” Sesshomaru whispered.

“Yea…right….pro..Probably drown meh….never can…trust you…” Inuyasha muttered. But gods he was so tired….

Sesshomaru smiled as Inuyasha breathing began to even out, and sleep washed over him. This is what he had wanted in the first place, to ease Inuyasha’s pain, and allow him to rest. He just hoped that he had not tipped his hand to much….but they needed this. In reality they each were all that the other one truly had, the last of their family. But Sesshomaru had not expected Inuyasha’s hate filled words and angry glares would hurt so much. It had hurt, especially when Inuyasha had tried to put distance between them once more, although Sesshomaru understood his reasoning. It was becoming obvious that his baby brother simply did not know what was good for him, and it made Sesshomaru feel sick to his stomach that Inuyasha was willing to throw away comfort, attempts to better his health, and even safety in which to rest, simply because of his feelings towards Sesshomaru.

Suddenly healing the hurt between him and his brother seemed a very wide chasm indeed.

Looking down on the slumbering Inu-Hanyo Sesshomaru’s breath caught as he was able to gaze upon Inuyasha’s upturned sleeping face. It had been obvious that his brother had been fighting to remain awake, Inuyasha had not so much fallen asleep, as much as he had collapsed. How could he get his brother to trust him? Was it even possible? It had to be! He was Sesshomaru and he would NOT give up.

Sesshomaru continued to gaze upon Inuyasha’s face, until a certain part seemed to capture his full attention.

Inuyasha’s lips.

Inuyasha’s full…..plump…..soft….pink lips.

A tiny tremor ran though Sesshomaru’s stomach, and his mind was slowly clouding with but one thought.

He wanted to taste those lips.

Sesshomaru let out a tight breath that he hadn’t known he was holding, and shook his head slightly, trying to dislodge the thoughts filling him. He couldn’t….Inuyasha was so vulnerable….and if he gave into these sudden base desires and Inuyasha woke up…

All could be lost.

But they seemed to be taunting him. Kiss us! They seemed to scream, We need you, your love, your protection! Don’t fail us!

Which was absurd….they most certainly were NOT saying that.

“OH COME ON!!! Just a little kiss! Just once taste?” His Youki begged. How annoying, he most certainly would not….

Then he felt the faintest brush against his own lips, and focused his attention back on the moment.

When had he gotten so close to Inuyasha?

His own lips were now only mere centimeters away from Inuyasha’s own, and he certainly did not recall bending down anytime in the recent past. It wouldn’t take much, just a slight inclination of the neck and he would be tasting Inuyasha, and its not like anyone would try and stop him, he was after all the Lord of the West, he could have what he wanted.

And even though it confused and scared him….

He wanted.

“Just a little kiss….come on it wont hurt! He’s so relaxed and hot right now…..my gods you can’t just….can’t just NOT taste him. Please…..plllleaseeeeee?” His Youki panted.

Well a small, tiny taste could not hurt….just a few moments.

Sesshomaru dipped down ever so gently, his lips sliding against Inuyasha’s……mmmmm they were so soft….slowly, gently Sesshomaru’s mouth worked against Inuyasha, the Lord of the West’s spine beginning to tingle.

And then he could taste, perhaps the most exquisite taste that had ever melted upon his tongue…and he wanted more, it was then he realized he had slipped his tongue into Inuyasha’s mouth. Shock jolted through him as his pulled away, gently, but with speed.

“Noooo….come on! More more more” his Youki shouted.

Thankfully Inuyasha had remained asleep, and a small bit of shame washed over Sesshomaru.

“Taking advantage of him as if he were some common harlot…” Sesshomaru thought. This sudden attraction had him very ill at ease, he had never felt so strongly about anyone in his whole life, except perhaps his father, but he had never wanted contact with his father like this….that was just plain disgusting.

Well that was it then, first he was going to have Daigon examine his baby brother, and then he and the wind sprit were going to sit down and unravel the mystery of these feelings for Inuyasha. Slowly Sesshomaru rose, doing his best to hold Inuyasha with but one arm. With great care he led them out of the water, before making his way towards their respective clothing. Gently he rested Inuyasha upon the ground, and began to softly dry him with the still dry part of his tail. Quickly Sesshomaru slid into his lower garments, vigorously shaking his tail, expelling the water from it, and not for the first time he was glad the fur of his tail was highly resistant to water. Delicately he slid Inuyasha’s pants upon him, and was pleased that the hanyo barely even stirred. Leaving his armor off Sesshomaru instead simply slipped into his coat, leaving his undershirt upon the ground. Inuyasha did not seem to like having his chest bare, so Sesshomaru decided to simply place his own undershirt upon his little brother.

Having clothed Inuyasha, Sesshomaru tenderly wrapped the sleeping hanyo up within his tail, before lifting him off the ground. Quickly Sesshomaru gathered up their swords, and his armor, and began to make his way back to were the rest of Inuyasha’s group was, he just hoped they were all fast asleep by now.

As luck would have it the human’s were indeed deep within slumber, and for that Sesshomaru was glad, he simply was not in the mood to put up with anyone other then Inuyasha….and Inuyasha was more then a handful as it was. Slowly Sesshomaru lowered them to the ground, quietly places their weapons near by. It was then Sesshomaru discovered that the human girl Kagome had been correct, the ground was very hard. Sesshomaru sighed….well that simply would not do. Laying upon his side Sesshomaru drew Inuyasha close to his chest, and lifted them slightly as he began to wrap his tail around them, serving both as soft bedding and warm blanket. Carefully, so as not to wake his temperamental sibling, Sesshomaru positioned them so that he was in the protective position at Inuyasha’s back, so that anything that might happen upon them would see Sesshomaru first, and not Inuyasha. He would not have his baby brother being attacked, however unlikely that might be, and they would have to get though Sesshomaru to get any angle of attack upon Inuyasha. Sighing pleasantly Sesshomaru buried his face in Inuyasha’s hair, sleep tugging at him. It had been so long since he has nested, and been able to sleep like this. So long in fact that he had long since stopped thinking about what Inuyasha would think waking up in such a position, and had simply let his instincts take over. Just before sleep took him Sesshomaru was gripped with the curious realization that Inuyasha’s scent had changed….and his baby brother had begun to smell so much like their father.

“Interesting….” Sesshomaru thought.



Ok and we are done with this chapter. So very sorry that its late, I had hoped to be done days ago, but lately at work I’ve been scheduled to come in for a lot of first shifts, and there is something about waking up at 5:30 a.m. and working till 3:00 p.m. that really sucks your writing drive out of you. I know this chapter isn’t as long as the last one, but its about 38 pages at 155 KB, so that’s not to bad eh?

I know that not much happened in this chapter, and I’m sorry to burden you all with so much exposition but I thought I should take the time to explain a few things, and this chapter just seemed like a good time to do so.

For those of you who are wondering, yes Inuyasha’s body is just about done doing what it is doing, 1 to 3 more chapters I think, depending on how inspired I am.

gen50: Yeah I worked really hard to just kick the holy high hell out of Sesshomaru; I really wanted to pile up the angst in that chapter. Simply because I got to thinking…just how would I get Sesshomaru to truly accept Inuyasha? I didn’t want some really easy, totally redundant quick turn around. So I thought a massive event was necessary. Sesshomaru has his work cut out for him now, but he’s a determined guy. I actually teared up at parts too, so don’t feel like you’re the only one, Inu-Taisho’s death really got to me.

Snowfall: Wow it’s always cool to read a review from a writer whose stories I have read and enjoyed. I’m glad you enjoyed my story and I hope to keep it interesting for you and everyone else.

Kagomebabygirl: I try to update as quickly as I can, but I don’t like to rush and mess it up. I also have this love/hate relationship with typing. Best you’ve ever read? Wow…I’m flattered; much more of this and you’ll make me blush.

PpAllen: I, myself have never understood why Inu-Taisho died the way he did, and sometimes I think he only died so Inuyasha would be a token orphan, but who knows. I don’t much care for Naraku as a character, which is why I created Nefrume, I just find it funny that despite the amount of hate she had for the Inu’s in an odd way she caused more good then harm. But still…off with her head!

Angel of Androgyny: Believe it or not you’re the only one who guessed it. Yes Daigon is half inspired by Ryuchi, but there is one more chapter that inspired him, I hope to give more clues in the next chapter. Sesshomaru might not be done with his asshole-ery its hard to change so fast, but he’s going to try.

Bibi11: Thank you so much for your email, it really brightened my day to read it. I try hard to interject some humor into the story, and screwing with Sesshomaru never stops being funny. I also liked the whole cutting off part, plus I felt the need to explain why Sesshomaru would still not have a mate, and more importantly, why sex would hold great power of him at the moment, its just been so long for the guy.

ladytokyo: Always nice to read your thoughts Tokyo, oh don’t worry Kagome isn’t off the hook just yet, but I always see her as the type who tries to apologize, then messes up some more due to her own flaws. But no, sorry Daigon is in no way inspired by Yoda, I never even thought of the little green Muppet while writing him, good guess though, I can see why you thought that. I have some plans for Miroku…oh yes indeed. As for Nefrume, she’s dead, sorry if it wasn’t clear.

Tai-san: Holy freaking chibi? HAHA I like that! Yes I wanted to heap on the abuse, and I think I succeed, but now I think one can realistically see Sesshomaru trying to mend and pursue Inuyasha. Opposed to him just changing his mind out of the blue.

Hyperactive pup: It’s my goal to make it so you can’t stop reading, and I’ll try to update as much as I can.

yashamaru1: I actually made myself cry a little bit too, so I know how you feel. I wanted lots of emotion and I may have gone overboard but…eh I like the chapter.

Inusoshi : Miroku and Koga eh….well see here’s the thing, I recently got an idea for Miroku that I really like, and I haven’t decided what I’m gonna do with the Monk just yet.

Mysteriously Moi: Ha-ha, here’s you new chapter, hope you enjoy it.

Punkette Hachiko: I actually have a spell checker on my computer, and I’ve noticed that not all of my mistakes are because of me, but because my computer will sometimes change words without me noticing things. Honestly I could totally use a beta, but here’s the thing, when I finish a chapter, I always want to post it up ASAP. So I’m kinda impatient and hyper in that aspect. I really appreciate the offer however, maybe I should take you up on it. As for Kagome, well I’m not sure what she is going to get, but she is going to get something. I’m not sure Koga is going to court the Monk, because I have another idea that I think is even better for Miroku. Girl/girl? Well I know this sounds strange, but I don’t much care for Girl/Girl…and I’m a guy, weird no?

Cat Happy: How ironic. Well I can’t really bring back Inu-Taisho because that would really take away the punch of Sesshomaru being forced to feel his beloved father die. I’m glad you enjoyed the story, and I hope you keep on enjoying it.

One last note, I sure have gotten a lot of hate mail from this fic, and I’d really like to know how you people sending it to me got my myspace addy. But I would like to ask, if you hate it so much, why did you take the time to read it? I thought I made it clear right from the start what kind of story this is. So no I will not stop writing the story, nor will I kill myself, like some of you have asked. I seem to have people who enjoy my work, 112 reviews at this count. So I’m going to keep on keeping on.

For all those who have read, enjoyed and reviewed. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. MUAH! Much love to all of you. You’ve made this long haired boy happy.