InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's my Life ❯ Going home ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: Ok, now obviously I don’t own this, any original characters that pop up, yeah those are mine. But everyone else, those are all owned by Rumiko Takahashi.This is Youki speaking
This is Thinking.


This chapter is a tad heavy on the dialogue, so fair warning there.


Sesshomaru groaned inwardly, he could not believe that they were still so far from home, they should have reached the castle’s gate hours ago, but they had not, and why hadn’t they? One word.

Inuyasha.

The hanyo was being positively wretched, it truly seemed that his brother was doing anything and everything he could possible do to slow them down. What was worse was the fact that Inuyasha seemed to be using the miko Kagome and her complaints to his advantage, which on one hand was rather intriguing that Inuyasha appeared to be capable of subtle manipulations, and on the other annoying as all hell. The miko had made some grumblings about lunch and to Sesshomaru’s shock Inuyasha had immediately agreed, not only that but Inuyasha had become extremely unpleasant each and every time Sesshomaru had approached him.

That had bothered Sesshomaru, more and more he was feeling the pull to go to his brother, he just wanted to speak to him, to hear his voice, to converse as he and father had once done.

But Inuyasha was having none of that.

The so called -lunch- had dragged on for nearly three hours before Sesshomaru had lost all patience and left, he was most certainly not against Inuyasha filling his belly, and the hanyo had devoured a great deal of food, enough was enough. Though Sesshomaru did make a mental note to keep an eye on how much food Inuyasha ate in each sitting.

It had not taken Inuyasha long to catch back up with him, and the human’s had rejoined them quickly enough, Sesshomaru still found himself at a loss. Why was Inuyasha acting in such a manner? Was it due to their nesting? Inuyasha had demanded answers but Sesshomaru had assumed it had been entirely for show, after all, his baby brother was a private person and Sesshomaru could hardly believe that Inuyasha would want such a personal situation discussed in front of everyone. He had to admit however, he was surprised that they had slept for so long, perhaps that could be why Inuyasha was so upset, the idea that Inuyasha had been angered due to oversleeping made little more sense but if that was the case then Sesshomaru hardly felt like apologizing, they had needed the rest.

Not to mention the fact that it had felt sooooooo good to hold his little brother close, he was surprised at how comforting curling his body around Inuyasha had been, it made him regret the loss of his arm more seriously then anything else had, for with only one arm his options with regard to holding Inuyasha were limited.

Or perhaps that was it? Did Inuyasha not wish to be held? Sesshomaru brushed that thought aside, he had gazed into the depths of his baby brother’s soul, and Inuyasha ached for comfort. So then why was Inuyasha making his day a living hell?! Taking a glace behind him, Sesshomaru locked his eyes on the hanyo, with his hands tucked into his sleeves Inuyasha’s face carried a look that promised a mouth filled with acidic barbs, and Sesshomaru just knew that the moment he opened his mouth to speak to the younger Inu, the boy would unleashed the sharp tongue hidden behind those very….luscious lips.

Still as delightful as Inuyasha lips looked Sesshomaru’s heart ached at the fact that he could not coax even a neutral word out of Inuyasha. Could he truly not speak to his sibling? Or was this merely a mood that Inuyasha could either be drawn out of or have expire upon its own.

Inuyasha had been so talkative when he was a child, there simply had to be a way to open him up once more, yet the walls around the Inu-hanyo’s heart were so thick….

“I know just what to do.” Sesshomaru’s Youki said. “We go over there, look straight into his beautiful golden eyes, and then we kiss him, and we keep kissing him until he opens his mouth and lets us in.”

“…Yes and once his bites off my tongue and shoves his claws into my lungs what then?”
Sesshomaru quipped.

“Must you ruin everything that’s fun?” His Youki sighed.

“I am merely pointing out the flaws in your plan.” Sesshomaru stated.

“….Nipples….go right for them, a good set of deep kisses and a slow handling of those cute little nubs and he’ll fall right into our lap.” His Youki purred. “Mmm yes….work the pad of our thumb slowly in a circle, get them nice and sensitive, and just they become soft inside and almost to point of tickling, a good solid squeeze to draw the breath from his lungs, and to ensure that they remain pleasurable instead of going numb.”

Sesshomaru could almost see his Youki drooling within his mind’s eye.

Sesshomaru stiffened slightly as warmth flushed though his stomach at the thought of tasting Inuyasha so intimately.

“Cease this at once. I am going to repair our brotherly bonds, not mate.” Sesshomaru thought.

“Really? And here I thought you never lied.” His Youki whispered slyly. The memory of their joining on the cliffs once again flashed through Sesshomaru’s mind and he was forced to stop walking to keep from stumbling. Sesshomaru took a deep breath to steady himself, which turned out to be a mistake, especially with his brother so close, and his scent still so thick on Sesshomaru. The rich powerful scent made him ache in ways that were definitely NOT brotherly. Tilting his head to the side Sesshomaru could see Inuyasha approaching him, unconsciously Sesshomaru’s tongue darted out, moistening his lips and he was just able to stop a lusty animalistic growl trapped behind his teeth.

His eyes drank in the sight of the silver haired beauty walking towards him; he paid particular attention to the slight sway of the little one’s hips, back and forth, back and forth. A light sigh escaped from Sesshomaru, he wanted to grasp those swaying hips and pull them close and tight. His eyes darted to Inuyasha’s lips, oh and how he wanted to plunder the sweet depths hidden behind those plump lips, he had had such a small taste last night and he wanted more, so much more.

Suddenly the little beauty was very close to him, and Sesshomaru could hear his name upon Inuyasha’s lips. It was such a good sound to hear but the Lord of the West knew he could make it sound even better. Words that Sesshomaru could barely make out began spilling forth from Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had another one of those feelings that he was forgetting something, and why did he feel so hazy?

Never mind, that wasn’t important, what was important, was that his intended was so very close and those lips were so ripe and ready for the taking. His mate-to-be suddenly placed his hands on Sesshomaru’s shoulders, shaking him roughly.

“Sesshomaru!” Inuyasha snapped “Answer me!”

Answer him? Had his intended asked him a question at some point? Sesshomaru’s eyes locked with Inuyasha’s, the hanyo’s eyes were filled with anger, confusion and what looked to be a small amount of worry. Sesshomaru did not like that look and felt the need to correct it.

Sesshomaru slid his hand up into Inuyasha’s hair, tightening his fingers around the silky silver strands as he gently pulled his little one closer, his Inuyasha began to make noises, angry noises. Why would his little one be so angry? Surely Sesshomaru could ease whatever was on his gorgeous little Inu’s mind, after all they loved each other.

Wait…..

Love?

No….they… .


Sesshomaru shook his head violently, trying to shake himself from the haze that surrounded his mind.


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Speci al plan -Make Sesshomaru’s day Hell- had been moving along smoothly, and Inuyasha could tell he was getting to the asshole, and although Inuyasha was scowling on the outside he was grinning like hell on the inside, oh sure Sesshomaru was subtle about it, there were no dramatic sighs, no rolling of the eyes, nor any tapping of a foot. But after getting the chance to watch Sesshomaru uninterrupted for several hours Inuyasha could see the change in his older brother’s body langue. Sesshomaru’s back was stiffer, his footsteps fell a little bit harder, and Inuyasha could just hear the faint sounds of Sesshomaru’s teeth grinding together.

It was enough to make Inuyasha want to giggle, but he held it in and continued to inwardly wallow in pleasure of Sesshomaru’s displeasure. If Inuyasha had known that he could fuck with his bastard half-brother’s head he would have tried years ago. It was like the man on the TV box in Kagome’s house had said, “Psychological warfare baby!”

Granted his new found ability was only due to the chance to watch Sesshomaru without having to worry about a slow, painful evisceration. Yes Inuyasha was learning a lot about Sesshomaru, like the fact that Sesshomaru was not the unfeeling, unshakable block of perfect ice Inuyasha had thought he was, no the older Inu just knew how to go blank and look perfect, but Inuyasha could see the tension built up between Sesshomaru’s shoulders, and although he did not know how he knew, but he knew that something was up with Sesshomaru.

Of course he also could not help but wonder what it would be like to massage the tension out of those shoulders, which Inuyasha did not understand the source of that sudden urge, granted the idea of having Sesshomaru be helpless clay under his hands would mean Inuyasha would have power over him, which was probably where that idea was coming from in the first place. It was weird, but a lot of weird things were happening to him lately.

For instance, when he looked at Sesshomaru, and really focused his attention on him, he simply knew that his brother was tense, upset and hurting. He didn’t know how he knew, and it didn’t seem to happen unless he was focused upon Sesshomaru. As they all walked Sesshomaru made several attempts to talk to him, at first Inuyasha had snapped at him out of anger and to agitate Sesshomaru further, after all Inuyasha wasn’t about to forget the sleeping debacle or Sesshomaru’s refusal to answer him, but then for some reason Inuyasha began to really pay attention to Sesshomaru, he wasn’t sure why exactly, something about trying to study the regal way Sesshomaru walked, the demon lord had presence, Inuyasha had to at least admit that much, if he walked into a room everyone who saw him would immediately know he was someone important and powerful. Sesshomaru wore the title Lord like most people wore clothing and Inuyasha was curious to see if he could copy it, to give off that sense of significance and might.

“I may not be important but damn it all I have power! And I’m beyond tired of being disrespected all the fucking time. Inuyasha thought.

So to possibly achieve that aim Inuyasha had zeroed in on Sesshomaru, a short while later Sesshomaru had spoken to him about…..something, what Inuyasha couldn’t be sure, he hadn’t been paying attention to Sesshomaru’s words but he replied with another biting statement and he could almost feel the stab of pain that tore though his brother, the realization that his brother was in pain had shocked Inuyasha. At first he had not been sure if it had been real, but after he had duplicated the incident a few times made him start to believe it was indeed real.

It wasn’t so much that he could ‘feel’ what Sesshomaru was, it was more like he could see it, the little daggers of pain that lanced through Sesshomaru’s body, it was like seeing little wisps of mist almost, and then a little voice popped into his head and whispered “He’s in pain.” It would say, only there was no voice, it was more like Inuyasha had the thought…without thinking it. It was extremely confusing, how could he think something without thinking it?

Then Kagome’s voice had drug Inuyasha out of his musing, suggesting lunch and some time to rest, and Inuyasha had jumped on it. Not only did he want the time to think, but to gather his bearings, for one he suddenly became aware that he was rather hungry, that and he found himself slightly dazed, he wasn’t sure how much time had past since he had started watching Sesshomaru till now. It was almost as if he had blacked out, but….still been awake.

What was causing all this? Was it the mark? Could Sesshomaru see what he was seeing? Tearing another bite out of his food Inuyasha concentrated all of his attention on Sesshomaru, and it was as if everything else in the world slid into the shadows, and he rapidly became totally away of every part of Sesshomaru’s being, he could hear his brothers strong, steady heart beat, and the rich rush of his blood flowing through his veins. Inuyasha’s eyes traveled over Sesshomaru, taking in every single detail, no matter how minuscule. He could see Sesshomaru’s muscles flexing under his skin, and Inuyasha’s gaze traveled up Sesshomaru’s back and settled upon flowing strands of silver hair glistening in the sunlight, he could see every strand, could probably count them all if he wished. Again the mist seemed to surround Sesshomaru, slipping around him, sliding through him, it was a soft, dark color, almost a red…but not quite and somehow…it was almost like Inuyasha was reading a book, a book without words that he could read none the less, and he simply knew that something was troubling Sesshomaru greatly, and Inuyasha was struck with the warm urge to comfort his elder brother, to rush up and wrap his arms around the larger Inu.


……Where the hell did that come from? Inuyasha shoved the though aside brutally, had Sesshomaru ever comforted him? Ever held him? That was a big fucking NO!

Well alright there was last night but that so didn’t fucking count. After all that was……that was……well Inuyasha didn’t know what fuck that was. As Inuyasha was drawn back into his own thoughts the detail around Sesshomaru began to fade, the world rushing back in to fill the darkness once more.

Pushing his thoughts aside Inuyasha moved to bring his attention back upon Sesshomaru once more, but the moment his eyes locked upon Sesshomaru and the world began to melt once more, white hot pain exploded inside of his skull. Inuyasha tore his eyes away from Sesshomaru and instead placed them on the ground.

Fuck that hurt!!!

It felt like someone was twisting a friggin spiked mace inside of his head. Red flooded his vision, and he was forced to lock his jaw as tightly as he could to keep from howling in pain. His vision blurred for a moment and Inuyasha rubbed his eyes to attempt to clear them. Just as his eyes began to lose the little blurry dots that obstructed his view, a massive headache crashed into him.
“Alright GOD DAMN IT! What the hell?! What’s going on now? Why is it always me? Can I not have two fucking minutes peace? Is that how much of a bastard Sesshomaru is? Is this some kind of cosmic sign? I look at him thus the KING OF ALL FUCKING HEADACHES graces me with his presence?” Inuyasha screamed.

“I….fuck…..gods that hurts….what the hell did you do?” His Youki whimpered.

Didn’t he just ask that question?

Seriously though.

What.

The.

Hell???


One minute he was fine and seeing things like never before and the next he was being tormented by tiny little fuckers with big fucking hammers running around his brain beating it. For some reason Inuyasha could just picture hundreds of little Kagome’s running around in his head, grinning wildly and bashing everything they could see all while chanting “SIT SIT!”

It was enough to make a hanyo want to inflict bodily harm on something that would scream…..

Where the hell was Koga when you needed him?

Inuyasha looked back up, and was greeted with the sight of Sesshomaru, for some reason his brother had stopped, Inuyasha clenched his teeth together, trying to will away the pain as he made his way towards the older Inu. Sesshomaru’s head slowly eased itself to the side, and Inuyasha could see Sesshomaru peering at him though his long locks of silver hair. What was going on now?

Irritation flushed through Inuyasha, this was ridiculous, and it was getting to the point where he didn’t know who to be angry with about what.

“Oi Sesshomaru, what’s going on?” Inuyasha snapped, he actually didn’t want to be pissy at the moment, but his head hurt so fucking much…

Sesshomaru’s eyes followed Inuyasha, his head turning slowly to track him as the young Inu came to a stop in front of his older brother. Sesshomaru’s eyes looked so different….so….soft….almost like…a liquid, something thick perhaps….honey came to mind…so different from the cold slabs of amber Inuyasha was used to looking at. It worried Inuyasha a little, what was happening inside of Sesshomaru’s head? Was he going though something like Inuyasha was?

“Sesshomaru? Hey! Why did you stop?” Inuyasha asked, he could hear the rest of the group coming to a stop a ways away from them.

Still Sesshomaru did not answer; it was almost as if he were in some sort of trance. Great…that was the last thing Inuyasha needed, a Sesshomaru whose brain had shut off. Reaching out Inuyasha grasped Sesshomaru by the shoulders, shaking him roughly; hopefully it would snap him out of it.

“Sesshomaru! Answer me!” he snapped.

“Inuyasha? What is going on?” Miroku asked.

Inuyasha was about to turn and answer him when Sesshomaru’s hand slid up his back and snaked into his hair. Inuyasha’s attention was instantly on his half-brother; Sesshomaru’s hands touching him had never been a good thing. Inuyasha poised his claws for an attack as Sesshomaru’s fingered tightened in his hair, and he found himself being pulled forward.

“What the fuck Sesshomaru?! Let me go!! Damn it! I mean it! Don’t make me rip your fucking lungs out!!” Inuyasha growled. He was NOT in the mood for this, he head already fucking hurt…although Sesshomaru’s hand did feel nice, it made the throbbing dull slightly…

Inuyasha was just about to shove his claws into Sesshomaru’s gut when Sesshomaru gently tilted Inuyasha’s head slightly, and their eyes met. It was a look Inuyasha had never seen before, especially not in Sesshomaru’s eyes. It was such a warm, soft look.

“Sesshomaru?…W-What…” Inuyasha stammered. His insides felt funny, his stomach fluttering slightly. Sesshomaru’s head dipped down further and Inuyasha could feel Sesshomaru’s breath upon his lips.

“Ok….now….is it just me….or does it look like we are about to get some lip action, I’d like to know what is up…I mean the man does give some damn good kisses, from what I’ve seen so far anyway….but…uh why’s he trying to make out with us right now?” Inuyasha’s Youki whispered.

Make out?

With the bastard?

Fuck NO!

“On a small side note you don’t sound nearly as disgusted and adamant about not sucking face with Sesshomaru as I would expect.” Inuyasha thought.

“Think we can fuck him again? It was reeealy nice the first time. Its….its not that I want this kind of attention from Sesshomaru…its just that……look damn it we are like two hundred and fifty fucking years old, and in all that time we have had sex once. ONCE! Is it so wrong to want some tender attention? Besides I‘m pretty basic and I think it’s about time we get more of our needs met.” Inuyasha’s Youki said.

“He’s our brother!! No fucking of the family! Its…its wrong!” Inuyasha’s sputtered, he couldn’t even begin to explain all the reasons things like this definite should NOT happen.

“But it felt sooooo good…..” his Youki purred.

Growl….stupid voices and there stupid stupid-ness!

Inuyasha twisted, his right hand beginning the surge upward that would lead into the uppercut that would meet Sesshomaru’s stupid asshole jaw, but then Sesshomaru pulled back slightly, shaking his head furiously, and Inuyasha could see his eyes begin to harden once more.

“What…I….” Sesshomaru muttered

“Damn it Sesshomaru! What’s wrong with you!?” Inuyasha snarled. Sesshomaru’s eyes were filled with confusion when they once again met Inuyasha’s; the lost look in his sibling’s eyes tempered Inuyasha’s anger slightly. Sesshomaru looked over at his hand, still curled within Inuyasha’s hair; with a surprised jerk he slid it out in one quick movement.

“What’s going on?” Kagome suddenly said, both Sesshomaru and Inuyasha looked over the small group of humans, both had missed the fact that they had all moved closer. Whipping his head back to glare up at Sesshomaru Inuyasha growled.

“That’s what I’d like to know? One minute we are all walking and the next your zoning out, so what is going on Sesshomaru?!”

“It…it is nothing.” Sesshomaru replied.

“Milord if you are having some sort of difficulty-” Miroku started

“I said it’s was nothing monk, so cease your banter.” Sesshomaru snapped.

“Hey! Don’t yell at Miroku! Besides it’s obviously something…..” Inuyasha spat. Sesshomaru’s sighed, his hand coming down to smooth the cloth of his shirt, which now sat on Inuyasha’s body.

“Does it fit well?” Sesshomaru suddenly asked.

“Huh?” Inuyasha’s eyebrow quirked up.

“My shirt, is it satisfactory?” Sesshomaru asked.

“Well…uh yeah I guess…I mean…..HEY! Wait a minute! Don’t change the subject.” Inuyasha snapped.

“This Sesshomaru does not know what you are talking about.” Sesshomaru said.

“Yes you do! You’re changing the subject to try and distract me. You can’t do that.” Inuyasha growled.

“I am the Lord of the West I may do as I please.” Sesshomaru replied. Inuyasha smacked at the hand on his chest, doing so caused his shirt to flap open, revealing his chest.

“Listen you….” Inuyasha began before Sesshomaru leaned in; the older Inu flicked his hair to the side, covering his face before he whispered.

“Later little brother, I refuse to discuss our personal business in front of others, especially humans.”

Inuyasha narrowed his eyes, damn it….he wanted answer’s….and he didn’t want to wait.

“Just one….what just happened? Does it have something to do with what Nefrume did?” Inuyasha whispered.

“….Yes…in a manner of speaking I believe it does.” Sesshomaru replied softly, far too softly for the others to hear, before he leaned away and turned to leave. “Let us continue on.”

“Wait a minute! What was that all about?” Kagome asked.

“In short miko? None of your business.” Sesshomaru quipped.

“Hey!” Kagome huffed.

“Just drop it Kagome….the bastard obviously isn’t going to answer.” Inuyasha said. Sesshomaru shot Inuyasha an agitated look.

“You will cease referring to me in such a manner Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru stated.

“Sorry…it’s just I have this thing about calling bastards, bastards.” Inuyasha replied. Sesshomaru opened his mouth to reply when Sango suddenly spoke.

“As humorous as it is to watch siblings bicker, am I the only one who has noticed Inuyasha has some kind of tattoo on his chest?” Miroku tilted his head to the side to get a better look.

“Indeed…Inuyasha what is that?” he asked. Looking down Inuyasha realized that his shirt was open and he quickly closed it and tied it shut.

“It’s….its…” Inuyasha stammered. Abruptly a burst of wind blew though the area, whipping the groups clothing and hair all around.

“It appears to be a mating mark.” The wolf prince Koga said.

“It…it..it’s a what?” Kagome stammered.

“Mating mark?” Miroku muttered.

“I didn’t know Inuyasha had a mate…” Sango said. Shippo pointed a finger at Inuyasha.

“You have a mate and you didn’t tell me?!” The little kit accused.

“I don’t have a mate!” Inuyasha roared.

“But…you have a mating mark?” Sango asked. “Or is Koga just making stuff up?”

Miroku slid forward, grinning lecherously, and playfully elbowed Inuyasha in the ribs. “So who is the lucky lady eh?”

“Miroku….” Inuyasha growled.

Miroku leaned in, whispering softly.

“Remember when you teased me in the hot spring? Payback is…as they say…a bitch.”

“Wait a minute does this mean Inuyasha is like…married or something?” Kagome squeaked.

“Well….if that’s just a mark of possession, then its more like someone has laid a claim, declaring their intentions.” Koga explained.

“So it’s like an engagement?” Kagome asked.

“Will you people just shut up about it!?” Inuyasha snapped.

“Oooh does this mean our little grumpy Inu-hanyo finally plumed some maidens silky depths?” Miroku chuckled. Inuyasha quickly whipped his hair around his face to hide the blush that was rapidly rising. Inwardly he snorted.

“I wouldn’t call Sesshomaru a maiden…” Inuyasha’s Youki drawled. Although the others had missed his blush, Miroku had been close enough that he had caught it, however as he was about to continue his teasing two things stopped his voice in his throat.

One was Inuyasha’s claws lightly tapping the material covering Miroku’s delicate family jewels.

“Ever hear of the word castrated monk?” Inuyasha threatened softly. Miroku gulped, but what shocked him to silence even more was Kagome’s abrupt outburst.

“Hey! The only maiden Inuyasha is supposed to be with is ME!”

Inuyasha blinked.

Kagome gasped and clamped her hands tightly over her mouth.

Inuyasha blinked again.

“Oh gods….oh lord…..I think I’m going to puke.” Inuyasha’s Youki retched “I’d rather lick my own fun bits then mate with that bitch from the future.”

Blushing furiously Kagome dropped her head down, hiding her face, and avoiding everyone’s stares.

“A-ahem….it…it wasn’t Nefrume who marked you was it Inuyasha?” Sango asked, and Inuyasha was stunned to hear real concern in her voice.

“Oh man….blech….I don’t know what’s….the idea of being bound to Kagome…or the headless hyena….don’t’ these people realize we just ate? Hurf….ack…..don’t….. wanna…… puke…” Inuyasha’s Youki continued to gag.

“Will you please stop it?” Inuyasha chastised.

“Well who is Nefrume?” Koga asked.

“The ruler of the southern lands from what I gather.” Sango explained. “She attacked us, and Inuyasha was forced to behead her.”

“Well if she’s dead then those marks wouldn’t be hers. Marks of any kind disappear if the one who placed them is killed.” Koga responded. “But a mark of possession carries the scent of the one who laid the claim inside of it.”

“Inside? But who? And…why?” Miroku asked, generally intrigued, he had had no idea demon mating could be so complex, it sounded nothing like human courtship.

“Well you mix your blood inside to help create the mark, so that’s probably the source of the scent, as for why….well you want everyone to know what belongs to you right?” Koga answered.

“Hey here’s an idea! How about we fucking drop this subject and get a move on eh?” Inuyasha exclaimed. However at that very moment Kagome chose to recover from her prior embarrassment.

“Wait does that mean you could smell the mark and tell us who it is Koga?” She asked, her hands were planted firmly on her hips and the look on her face left no questions to be asked about what she wanted.

“See! See! There is like two completely fucking different people inside that head of hers! No normal person can jump around like that!” Inuyasha’s Youki ranted.

“Well it would be a matter of matching up the scents but…in theory…yeah.” Koga answered.

Before Inuyasha could properly react the wolf prince stepped forward and yanked his shirt open. Snarling Inuyasha knocked Koga away as the wolf leaned in to sniff at the mark on his chest.

“You never learn do you wolf-shit? Touch me again and I’ll hang you with your own guts.” Inuyasha snapped,

“You wish half-breed.” Koga shot back before he darted forward and smack his palm against the mark. “Touch.” Koga sneered.

Inuyasha’s stomach lurched, and he swallowed back the bile that surged up into his throat before shoving Koga back once more.

“You know considering who easily I could have killed you last time you pissed me off….one would think you would know better Koga.” Inuyasha stated coolly.

“You got lucky last time puppy. Up front, no tricks I could not only kick your ass, but also stomp the rest of your mongrel family at the same time.. That is if you had one flea bag!”

“Koga!” Kagome/Miroku/Sango chided. After having traveled with Inuyasha for so long, they all knew that the wolf prince was pushing the WRONG buttons.

A low angry growl rumbled with Inuyasha’s chest.

“I’m going to paint the earth with you wolf…”

“N-now now…there is no reason to fight….I’m sure….I’m sure this can be resolved peacefully.” Miroku said, trying to defuse the situation. He wasn’t sure how well Koga could have matched Inuyasha before the hanyo’s strange growth, but now Inuyasha seemed even more powerful to begin with, and although Miroku felt Koga was totally out of line talking like that, he had no wish to see the dark haired demon eviscerated.

Inuyasha’s muscles locked as he prepared to leap onto Koga and begin the beating when his vision was seemingly instantly filled with an intricate red and white design. At first Inuyasha was confused, Koga had only been but a foot away, where the hell did this wall come from? It was then he realized that somehow Sesshomaru had gotten between them.

“But how? What did he jump straight up into the air and come down perfectly?” Inuyasha thought. Somehow it didn’t surprise him that Sesshomaru might be able to pull of some crap like that. It certainly did not amuse him to learn that Sesshomaru could see move faster then Inuyasha could see, what did amuse him was the realization that Koga was in a position that Inuyasha was rather familiar with, off the ground with his feet kicking helplessly, with steel like fingers wrapped around his throat.

“So…rectify me if I am incorrect, but this Sesshomaru believes that he heard you claim that you could defeat not only Inuyasha, but the rest of his family as well yes?” Sesshomaru sneered. Koga could only manage a small gurgling noise in response. “Well I am Inuyasha’s remaining family, and I would be positively delighted to test your little theory. How dare you insult our family…I give you but once chance to provide me with a reason as to why I should not rend you limb from limb.”

“S-since….wh-when…do you…gack…..care about-” Koga managed to rasp before Sesshomaru’s fingers tightened further. As much as Inuyasha was enjoying the sight of Sesshomaru throttling someone other then him…he also could not help but wonder about Koga’s gurgled question as well. Hmm…there was a way to find out.

“I have to second that, since when did you start caring about what people said about me?” Inuyasha asked. “And last I knew you weren’t including me in -THE- family He wasn’t angry per say, but he was curious. It probably had something to do with Sesshomaru’s apparent play nicey plan. Without releasing Koga Sesshomaru looked back at Inuyasha, and Inuyasha almost took a step back from the level of rage he saw burning in Sesshomaru’s eyes. Inuyasha had seen Sesshomaru pissed before, but for some reason he got the feeling that on a level from one to ten on the pissed scaled…this looked to be an eleven. They were different, Sesshomaru’s eyes, not the amber he was used to…but…they also were not the burning red he was used to, it was as if someone had placed little droplets of blood inside of Sesshomaru’s pupil, droplets that swirled and shifted inside of his eyes.

“I care….leave it at that for now, and even in my worst moments…I’ve…never denied that you were my brother.” Sesshomaru growled, hell even his voice sounded different. By all rights Inuyasha should have been on the alert, ready for anything, but he actually felt rather calm, as if there was nothing wrong with Sesshomaru’s sudden change. With a flick of his wrist Sesshomaru tossed Koga back, the wolf prince landing on his ass before rolling backwards ass over end. Koga shot Sesshomaru an evil look as he rubbed his throat. “So wolf….shall we begin? Are you prepared for your inevitable death? Are you truly prepared to face the sons of Inu-Taisho?” Sesshomaru asked. Inuyasha was shocked to hear Sesshomaru actually refer to him as Inu-Taisho’s son and he was about to make his feelings known when he realized Sesshomaru was serious!

It was easy enough to see, Sesshomaru’s muscles were tightly coiled, his lungs taking deep even breaths, a quick glace downward reveled the position of Sesshomaru’s feet, and the Lord of the West was up on his toes, his weight evenly distributed. The ice prince was NOT fucking around. A tiny part of Inuyasha that had not reared its head for years suddenly made itself known once more. Sesshomaru was defending him? Granted it was only Koga, and Inuyasha was certain he could rip right though the wolf, the fact was…Sesshomaru was stepping up…for him. Almost instantly Inuyasha’s defenses slammed into place, no no NO! That dog would NOT hunt, whatever Sesshomaru was doing had nothing to do with care or love, although it was somewhat nice to know that the bastard was willing to go the extra mile to get Inuyasha to do what he wanted, it still pissed Inuyasha off.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sesshomar u had never been more ready to break another living being in his life, he had hung back at first, listening to Inuyasha and his group banter about his mating mark. He had simply been trying to decide what the best course of action would be to take, it was obvious Inuyasha was not going to inform them who had place the mark upon him, and Inuyasha’s actions and words left no question that the hanyo did not want to speak of it. Sesshomaru was starting to get annoyed at the long, jagged dagger of hurt that drove into his heart each and every time Inuyasha denied he had a mate, granted they were just affianced at the moment…but still…it bothered Sesshomaru. However other then that it had been somewhat amusing to listen to Inuyasha and his companion’s bantered and it had become downright delicious when one of the monk’s comments had forced a red hot blush into Inuyasha’s face. For that alone Sesshomaru would allow the ‘maiden’ comment to slide. The miko’s comments had almost broken Sesshomaru’s sudden good mood, did the girl still think she could claim Inuyasha for herself?

“I’m thinking face full of our poison, you?” His Youki muttered.

Yes actually that sounded quite acceptable. Unfortunately that idea left the chance of angering Inuyasha out in the open, so Sesshomaru was forced to abandon it. In spite of this once the wolf boy had made his appearance, Sesshomaru found his good mood dwindling fast.

His blood had begun a slow boil as the wolf attempted to bury his face in his baby brother’s chest and he was pleased when Inuyasha swatted the dark haired demon away. But then the wolf had done it.

He touched the mark.

It wasn’t bad enough that the wolf had touched HIS intended.

Oh no.

He just had to touch the mark.


HIS FUCKING MATING MARK!!

That filthy little wolf bitch put his stupid disgusting had upon SESSHOMARU’S MARK OF POSSESSION!

Sesshomaru saw more then red, the entire world had caught fire.

There would be blood.

There would be pain.

NO ONE touched what was his.

To add even more fuel to the fire his ears had caught the wolf boy’s words, his boasts, how dare he insult their family by even THINKING he could harm one of them.

Oh yes…there would be much pain in the future.

Sesshomaru had been so caught up in his fury that he had almost missed his little brothers question, and although something told him to be discreet, to not give away too much, Sesshomaru had found it necessary to make sure Inuyasha understood that he, Sesshomaru, did indeed care.

Having tossed the wolf away, he would ensure the runt would be able to defend himself, not that it mattered. Sesshomaru prepared himself to attack when Inuyasha’s words again pierced the veil of his anger.

“Awww forget it Sesshomaru. We have better things to do.” Inuyasha said. Sesshomaru leveled his eye’s upon his brother, while keeping his remaining senses tuned on the wolf, it simply would not do to allow himself to be caught off guard by one so obviously beneath him.

“You intend to allow this….pathetic wretch live after such a boast? After touching your body?” Sesshomaru half asked, half growled, he tried to rein himself in, to resume his calm icy demeanor, but was met with great difficulty.

“He’s not worth it; we have important places to be don’t we?” Inuyasha asked. That was true, returning home and ensuring peace in the west was more important then splattering the wolf all over the surrounding area. Oh but how he wanted to do just that. Stupid flea ridden mongrel, touching Inuyasha, HIS Inuyasha.

“Hn….good point little brother.” Sesshomaru admitted, focusing his eyes back on the wolf Sesshomaru growled “Your life is spared, simply because our home beckons, and its call is far more important then your tiny life.” Sesshomaru whipped around, trying to force his anger down as he resumed leading the group to the western castle.


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kog a rubbed at his throat as he watched the two Inu’s walk away, part of him was beyond pissed, and wanted to rush up and tear that arrogant bastards head off, but….the other half of him seemed to think that he had just barely dodged the blade on that one. Picking himself up, Koga warily began to follow, trailing behind the humans.

“Are you alright Koga?” Miroku suddenly asked.

“Yeah…ahem….yeah I’m alright.” Koga answered.

“I believe this goes without saying, but what you just did…was NOT smart Koga.” Sango muttered. Koga held back a snarl; honestly did this human’s actually think he was helpless? So what if the other dog had gotten the jump on him…..granted that was Sesshomaru…the Lord of the friggin West….maybe a little bit of restraint was in order.

“Stupid mutts….all I came here for was Miroku. I’ve made up my mind, the monk would be a perfect consort for me, and I’m not about to be thwarted this time.” Koga whispered to himself, to softly for any human to hear. Unfortunately for him there happened to be a rather curious kitsune within the group.

“What’s a consort? And why does Koga want Miroku to be one? I’ll have to ask Inuyasha later. I get the feeling that it might be important.” Shippo thought.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sessh omaru cursed to himself as they continued to walk, what had come over him? He had nearly given himself away not once but twice! And he could tell Inuyasha’s suspicions had been aroused, all he had to do was focus upon Inuyasha and the tell tale signs became apparent. Then hanyo was defensive, and shielding much more then he needed to. Damn….well….no one had ever said his work would be easy. On the brighter side of things was the fact that Sesshomaru could just make out the tips of the walls of his home in the distance, it would not be long now and they would be home. Perhaps that would do his cause some good? It was possible that finally being home would soften Inuyasha slightly.

He could only hope.

He could hear his baby brother’s footsteps falling behind him, and again that bothered Sesshomaru. Making eye contact with Inuyasha once more, Sesshomaru jerked his tilted head forward in one quick motion. He resisted the urge to smile as Inuyasha sighed and quickened his pace to come to Sesshomaru’s side.

“What?” Inuyasha snapped. “What do you want?” Well….that certainly was not what had wanted.

“Nothing, do I need to want something from you Inuyasha? I merely wished for you to walk at my side. Is that so strange? For allies and brothers to walk together?” Sesshomaru asked.

“You know your pissing me off with all this shit, your acting really fucking weird.” Inuyasha stated.

“You think I am attempting to trick you are you not?” Sesshomaru whispered.

“What do you think? Honestly Sesshomaru I’m not stupid, you don’t have to play any games…I know what you think of me.” Inuyasha spat. Sesshomaru closed his eyes for a moment, there truly were no bonds between them, Inuyasha viewed him as a threat and an enemy, and it was as simple as that.

“Why do you believe I am trying to trick you little brother?” Sesshomaru asked.

“Well let’s see…..you’ve treated me like absolute shit my entire life, and now that I’m suddenly useful to you for something, so you’re acting different. Hmmm yes….what could make me question that I wonder.” Inuyasha answered.

“Perhaps I should remind you that you would not be ‘useful’ if I had not come to your aid against Nefrume.” Sesshomaru stated. Several moments went by before Inuyasha answered.

“Hn…I was under the impression that you and the hyena bitch didn’t like each other all that much, so maybe you saw this as a perfect chance to do something about it. Either way I don’t trust you bastard.” Sesshomaru ground his teeth together as his temper spiked. No, no…he could not get angry, although it certainly didn’t help that Inuyasha was technically correct, he had not originally come to aid Inuyasha…

“I have been civil to you Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru said.

“Yeah so what?” Inuyasha spat “That’ll change as soon as you don’t need me anymore.”

“Inuya-” Sesshomaru started.

“Don’t ok…just don’t.” Inuyasha sighed “I Know what you are and I know what you think of me, you don’t care and you’ve never lifted a finger to help me when I really needed you. Fuck….you’d just beat me and leave me worse off then when I ran into you.” Out of the corner of his eye Sesshomaru noticed Inuyasha absentmindly rubbing the side of his face, along his jaw, and particularly where his teeth lay and Sesshomaru knew just what memory was running though Inuyasha’s mind at that moment.

“Please don’t hurt me.”

Yet another wave of shame rolled though Sesshomaru and his insides clenched.

“Perhaps the future holds better.” Sesshomaru whispered.

“And just what the fuck does that mean?” Inuyasha snapped.

“It means what it means.” Sesshomaru replied.

“That’s not an answer damn it….but let me guess it’s the only one I am going to get right? Stupid ice cold asshole…..” Inuyasha muttered. Frustration surged though Sesshomaru, he had barely even begun and already he was struggling.

“Is there no kind word in you for me Inuyasha?” Sesshomaru thought.

“No there isn’t….not like you deserve one.” Inuyasha said. Sesshomaru looked at Inuyasha in confusion, what was he talking about? It was then he realized he had asked his question out loud. Damn it all….

Sesshomaru’s mind whirled rapidly; he just didn’t know what to say….are you looking forward to seeing the castle? That would probably anger Inuyasha. Is there anything you would like me to do? That would most certainly lead to rude, graphic suggestions from Inuyasha.

“What are you thinking about?” Inuyasha asked, breaking Sesshomaru’s concentration.

“Hmm?” Sesshomaru grunted.

“You look like your thinking hard about something, I was wondering what.” Inuyasha said.

“To be honest…..I am trying to think of what to say to you….nothing seems acceptable.” Sesshomaru stated softly.

“Why would…I mean since……what?” Inuyasha fumbled.

“There…..there is much we need to speak of…but later….I do not wish to spend another night out here.” Sesshomaru said. As if on cue the two Inu’s heard the foot falls behind them stop. Turning they both noticed the human’s looking at them. The little fox kit darted between the two girls and came to rest at Inuyasha’s feet.

“Can I….?” Shippo began, before Inuyasha reached down, snagging the red headed child by the shirt and tossed him up on his shoulder. “….Thank you”
“Its getting dark…I think we should stop for the night.” Kagome said.

“You have GOT to be kidding….how weak are these people? We are almost there! We are like 15 miles from a bed…and I want that bed and I want my Inu snuggling!” Sesshomaru’s Youki growled.

“I refuse.” Sesshomaru flatly stated. The miko growled at that.

“Well who cares what you want, we have been walking all day!”

“I’m actually fine to keep going, provided we are nearing our destination. Sorry Kagome, but I don’t much feel like dragging this out.” Sango said.

“I agree.” Miroku said.

“We are perhaps ten or fifteen miles away, and we would have arrived hours ago if it was only Inuyasha and I.” Sesshomaru said.

“Fifteen miles! How in the world do you expect us to do that in the dark?” Kagome asked.

“Kagome…” Inuyasha sighed.

“Frankly miko…I do not care.” Sesshomaru stated. Turning his head slightly, he focused his eyes upon the slayer. “You slayer, your neko can fly correct?” Sango simply nodded. “Well….if you intend to follow then you had best hope she can carry you all.” In one quick movement Sesshomaru caught a hold of Inuyasha, before he tossed both his baby brother and the fox kit in his brother’s possession up over his shoulder. All he wanted to do was get home, so much was happening, and he was so confused, he wanted to talk to Daigon, he wanted to figure out the nature of these sudden feelings….

“HEY! WHAT THE FUCK!?” Inuyasha yelled.

“Keep up…or don’t, this Sesshomaru cares not either way” Sesshomaru said before his powerful leg muscles launched him straight up into the air. They rose higher and higher, before Sesshomaru’s cloud formed at his feet, and continued towards the western castle.

Much better….they would be home in a few short minutes this way.

“Let me go Sesshomaru!” Inuyasha snarled.

“No.” Sesshomaru stated plainly

“Waaaah! We are so high up!” the kit screamed.

“Indeed, falling from this height would not be pleasant for either of you.” Sesshomaru said. Unconsciously he tightened his grip on Inuyasha; the last thing he wanted was to drop Inuyasha.

“I’m going to kick your ass Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha threatened.

“Be quiet and be still, we will be home soon. I can’t believe you would even think of wasting another night out in the wild.” Sesshomaru replied.

“I didn’t….wait what do you mean ‘home’?”

“I meant just what I said….”

“…..I hate you…”



Ok….I really had had high hopes for this chapter, but it just seemed to drag and drag. I’m sorry for so little happening and all that, I really wanted more, but a lot of drama had been going on in my life.

First off someone slashed one of the tires on my car recently, which has not made it easy to get back at forth to work at the moment.

And to top it all off my dad got into an accident Sunday and ended up breaking his back in 3 places. So yeah….bad things.

I apologize again, and I hope this chapter isn’t too much of a let down. I promise to do better next chapter, if you’ll only stick with me. I’ve just been so depressed over all sorts of things lately that I haven’t been able to write anything worth reading. This is really the best I could come up with and I didn’t think you’d all want to read some garbage that I just whipped together when you expected important events.

So in closing I just want to say, thanks for reading everyone, you guys….I can’t even begin to say how much it means to me to read your thoughts and comments.



PirateCaptainBo: Yup Koga is back….but is that a good thing or bad thing?

Snowfall: I wanted a nice warm breather from all the pain, so I’m glad you liked it, I’ve read a few of your writings as well so I think its kinda cool to hear from someone I’ve read. I tried to get some more humor involved because as much as I enjoy a good chunk of angst; I also like to lighten it up from time to time. Leave you anticipating the next segment? Well I hope this doesn’t disappoint too much.

LemonLoki: You know I have a story with a character named Loki. Glad you like the story, although I don’t Kagome bash just for the hell of it, I just wanted to work out some of my frustration with how she treats Inuyasha in the manga and other stories simply because I think she gets away with so much.

Silenthoughts: I myself love a good cuddle. Sesshomaru has a lot of new feelings to work though, and its not going to be to easy to get on Inuyasha’s good side.

LadySess: For some reason the idea of a forceful cuddle amused me. I’m glad you find the plot enjoyable. I always worry people wont like it…..I probably worry too much eh?

Ethereal Siren: I was originally going to allow her to take the photo, but some how I got the feeling that Inuyasha would destroy it if he found out, besides who says Kagome is allowed to enjoy any Inu cuddling that may or may not occur.

MysteriouslyMoi: The whispering in the background has come from my own life, I always hate it when you’re trying to sleep and suddenly everyone in the world gathers around you and starts talking.

Nikkie23534: Well Inuyasha hasn’t realized that his brother is a tall, handsome, manly, sexy oozing god just yet. And I agree….I wouldn’t mind having one or two certain Inu boys chained in my basement XD.

Tai-san: Yeah Sesshomaru’s tough, of course the real tough part will be figuring out just what to do. I’m kinda surprised everyone accepted Koga/Miroku so easily. That is….if it happens <_<…..>_>…….^_^

lady Tokyo: Well Bruiser Brody was my dads favorite wrestler a long time ago, Smoke-man was originally just smoke due to the color of his fur, but it just became Smoke-man some how. All five of the dog’s names are. Buster. Belly. Bruiser Brody. Smoke-man. And The Vixen. Nope Sessy is not a morning person at all, neither am I haha. I’ve got an idea for Kagome’s wake up call; hope you enjoy it when it happens. Koga might be coming but you never know what might happen. Always nice to hear from you Ladytokyo.

Wbk: Yes I just noticed my Breath and Breathe, for some reason it totally eluded me for a while there. I like the inner Youki, it gives me the chance to have a part of the character say or do things they normally wouldn’t. When you break it down though, the Youki are the most simplistic, they don’t really want much. I really need a proof reader I know, I know my story is slow, but I think that one can use that time to build tension and good “moods” I’m not really someone that feels that we need thinks to happen *snap snap snap* you know?

DD: Well then, thanks so much for reviewing. I’ve been thinking about giving Sango more to do, but I must admit, I kinda want to cut some characters out, its hard to think of something for them to do while they are all clumped together. Boy everyone seems to like Koga/Miroku….I have to say though…I’m not a big Koga fan.