InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's my Life ❯ First night and morning at the castle ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: Ok, now obviously I don’t own this, any original characters that pop up, yeah those are mine. But everyone else, those are all owned by Rumiko Takahashi.



It was doing it again, Inuyasha cursed to himself. This was fucked up on so many levels. He shouldn’t be noticing this, but damn it he was.

“Stop it!” He mentally chastised the object of his torment. But the bouncing offender continued mocking him. Inuyasha wasn’t sure why Atrius’s tails continued to entrance him, or why he had noticed the fluffy cluster in the first place. But perhaps even worse was the object the animated ball of blond fluff underscored.

Tight Kitsune ass.

Inuyasha felt like bashing his own head off the wall, he didn’t want to look, he really didn’t, but he couldn’t help it, and every time he looked, something primal within him rumbled.

“Did you notice that it’s shaped kinda like a heart?” His Youki asked.

Yes…yes he did.

“God it looks tight, can you just imagine what it would feel like as it closed around us as we slid deeper and deeper inside.” Inu-Youki drooled.

No, he really did not want to think about that.

“Just imagine how much those tails would bounce if we let him on top of us to ride-” Inu-Youki started.

“SHUT UP!!” Inuyasha roared. This was ridiculous! It was wrong…and….not how he should be thinking! He liked girls! His mind should be filled with thoughts of round soft breasts, not tight firm ass! Male ass! This was all Sesshomaru’s fault!! If he hadn’t made Inuyasha fall on him back at the cliffs, if not for that then he wouldn’t have….and then they wouldn’t have……DAMN!!!
“Well I don’t see any girls, do you? Ooh and speaking of Sesshomaru, not THAT was a one hundred percent, grade A ass there. So white and smooth…and how it griped! All those years we have been fighting when we could have been something oh so much better!” Inu-Youki rambled. “Seriously this Atrius kid has a nice booty….but Sesshomaru’s uuh…heavenly.”

Resisting the urge to shove his own claws into his skull Inuyasha focused on Atrius’s back. Why was his shirt so damn tight anyway? Inuyasha could see every muscle flex and glide, or was that because of whatever caused Inuyasha to see all that stuff around Sesshomaru earlier? Slowly his eyes drifted down once more, down to the four bobbing fox tails.

“Touch it.” Inu-Youki whispered. He definitely would NOT be doing that. That would be invasive and….rude…and….stuff….

Something warm and soft slid around Inuyasha’s fingers and he tugged on it slightly as rubbed it between his clawed digits. Atrius gasped a mixture of surprise and…something else. The Kitsune guard turned around halfway, just enough to look at Inuyasha, and the softness around his fingers was almost jerked away, unconsciously Inuyasha held it a bit tighter. Atrius’s eyes were wide and bright as he tried to speak.

“M-my-my Lord? Wh-why…..”

Something within Inuyasha caused him to gently tug at the warm fluff once more and Atrius jumped, a low noise spilling out of his mouth, his eye’s fluttering shut for a moment.

“My…Lord Inu-Inuyasha….my tails….please…please release…” Atrius gasped. Inuyasha looked down at the fluff in his hands and it was then he realized that it was Atrius’s tails. Inuyasha jerked his hands away as if he had been burnt.

“I’m…I’m sorry. I didn’t….I didn’t mean to…” Inuyasha stammered, completely thrown off, when did he grab a hold of the fox’s tails?

“It’s just as soft as it looks. Mmmm you know…if we took him from behind we could play with it some more. He seems to like it.” Inu-Youki whispered seductively. Indeed the fox’s breath was coming in, in slight pants, his skin flushed.

“Please…do not….my tails are sensitive…..I must ask that you…not touch them like that.” Atrius stated. Inuyasha lowered his eyes for a moment and tried to look apologetic.

“I am sorry…I didn’t mean to do that.” Inuyasha said.

“What do you mean? You reached right out and grabbed them. I watched you do it.” Shippo chimed in. Inuyasha had to fight back the urge to bop his kit on the head, of course as his parent he would be allowed to do that right?

“Shut up! It’s not all my fault…if the damn thing wasn’t so bright…and…and bouncy-” Inuyasha started.

“Bouncy?” Atrius interjected. Inuyasha could only sigh.

“I didn’t realize I did it, it’s this idiot in my blood, Stupid Youki…..” Inuyasha muttered. But Atrius’s eyes grew wide at Inuyasha’s words and his jaw dropped slightly.

“Your…your Youki wants to play with my…tails?” Atrius squeaked.

“Oh I would like to do much more then that you cute little fox” Inu-Youki drawled.

“Not….I mean…ok look something is happening to me and this twit has all sorts of weird ideas. But you’d better not go around running your mouth about that! I hate having other people in my business and the only reason I’m telling you is because it seems to concern you right now.” Inuyasha growled.

“So…..you’re going though a period of change…and your Youki is acting up?” Atrius asked slowly. Inuyasha merely nodded and the kitsune guard became visibly relieved.

“That happens, no harm done my Lord. I know how….one’s Youki can get at times.” Atrius said.

Well that was a relief, the last thing Inuyasha wanted was for Atrius to get all pissy, although he guessed that he could understand it if he did.

“Thanks…again…I’m sorry. I-” Inuyasha became to say before he heard someone gasp moments before someone crashed into him, back first, right into his chest, stumbling as if they had tripped. The impact knocked Inuyasha back and sent Shippo careening off of his shoulder and onto the floor, the young kit landed with a yelp and Inuyasha suddenly saw red. Snarling he caught the creature around the back of its neck, spinning it around before lifting it up and slamming it into the wall, his chest against its chest and his lower body pressed tight against its own as he pinned it, his left hand drawn back, claws poised to strike. Leaning down he positioned his face close to its own and growled threateningly, dominantly…..

Then Inuyasha’s eyes met perhaps the most exotic eyes he had ever seen, eyes of purple, red, yell, green and a multitude of other colored diamonds that sparkled in the light. Eyes that were slitted like a snake, and that dilated at his growl, and a soft…almost unheard breathy moan followed.

“Forgive me….I…I slipped.” A soft yet not quite feminine voice said. A small hint of arousal reached Inuyasha’s nose and he pulled back slightly, confusion overriding his anger.

“Be more careful then!” Atrius snapped.

“Who are you?” Inuyasha found himself asking.

“Komar.” The man answered. If it was a man….his face was far too angular, his skin clean and smooth and seemed to shimmer. “May I ask your name?” Komar inquired.

“Inuyasha….” The hanyo found himself answering. Finding his will for the moment Inuyasha released Komar, gently allowing the man to slide back down onto his feet. But perhaps that had been a mistake, as Inuyasha could now see much more of him. He was tall, though not as tall as Inuyasha himself though he would have been taller then Inuyasha had the hanyo not have gone through the recent growth spurts, slim but well defined arms lead down to hands with long elegant fingers, hands that seemed to be made of some sort of smooth scales rather then skin, hands that possessed fingers with wicked looking silver talons. For some reason Komar was topless and Inuyasha’s eyes began to drink in the slight of him. His skin was pale, but not like Sesshomaru’s or even his own, for it looked as if it held a hint of a light green, almost as if that aloe lotion of Kagome’s had been mixed in. Taunt little nipples caught Inuyasha’s attention, perhaps it was a chill that had them so excited or perhaps it was something else…

Light violet scarves hung around his neck and wrists, running though some kind of hoop bracelets that connected them all, gently slipping around his body as if caught by some breeze and it was almost as if they were caressing him and teasing Inuyasha to do the same. Drifting down further Inuyasha was greeted with a strange sight. A belt like chain hung around a narrow waist and other smaller chains hung down from the main chain, little metallic balls at the end of each one. There were four in all, one at each hip, one handing down in front of his groin, and from what Inuyasha could see there was another one in the back, probably sliding down his ass and over that spilled long auburn hair, it looked soft and straight, and gleamed in the light.

The next thing he noticed were the tightest pair of pants he had ever seen, he wasn’t sure what thy were made of but they glittered slightly in the light. They were black, with intricate crimson designs running up and down the front and sides. Very interesting…

Although Komar’s waist was slim, his hips were not, they were much curvier, fuller some how, not like hips he was used to seeing on a man, they stuck out more.

“Curvy hips usually mean a nice plump ass. Sesshomaru has nice curvy hips and a down right sinful bottom because of it.” Inu-Youki muttered, sounding extremely distracted.

Inuyasha blinked as he realized Komar also had a tail; it looked…sorta like some kind of lizards. But it didn’t look gross or slimy. It was smooth, with red, violet and black scales that looked a lot like the little pebbles at the bottom of Kagome’s fish tank. At the end of that appendage sat two bright yellow barbs, the color was rather eye catching, they too seemed to glow, but something told Inuyasha it was a warning, and he felt it would be best to avoid that part at least. Dragging his gaze back up Inuyasha focused on Komar’s face and his stomach tightened at the sight. Blue lips twisted up in a amused smirk, allowing a glimpse at the teeth behind them, what caught his attention there were the fangs, instead of just a longer, sharper set of canines like he possessed, both the tooth in front and the one in the back of the canine were razor sharp looking, though not as long and the canine tooth itself was curved, much like a fish hook. High cheek bone’s sat above a sharp angular jaw, but once again the eyes drew him back in. Thigh dark lashes surrounded the jewel like eyes, the darkness around the eye and in the lashes reminded Inuyasha of the models in the fashion books Kagome would sometimes read while she complained about her looks. Was this guy….wearing makeup? Inuyasha hated to admit it but only one word came into his mind to describe Komar.

Gorgeous. Almost……Sesshomaru like.

It was as if every single part of Komar was designed to catch your attention and hold it. So caught up in it was Inuyasha that he totally missed that he had subconsciously attributed Sesshomaru as a way to describe extreme beauty. Which probably meant something….something he wouldn’t like if he ever realized it.

“Fuck….I mean DAMN….ok now that is at LEAST a nine and a half. I still have to rate Sesshomaru higher but this guy is definitely someone who can give him a run for his money. Can we have him?” Inu-Youki gushed. “Hmmm but what position to have him? Oooh I know, how about under us, that way we can watch those pretty eye’s while we take him.”

Suddenly something was poking Inuyasha in the leg.

“Father you’ve been standing there staring for like seven minutes now….” Shippo said as he jabbed at Inuyasha’s calf.

“Huh?” Inuyasha mumbled. Shaking his head he tried to clear it, that was twice now he had zoned out.

“Indeed my Lord you have been staring quite intently.” Atrius added.

“Oh I do not mind at all. It’s a bit flattering to be ogled by the brother of the Lord of the West. Although I guess that would make you a Lord of the West as well wouldn’t it.” Komar purred. Inuyasha felt a blush starting.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t…” He fumbled. What the hell? Had he ever apologized so much in his entire life? God when was this shit going to end? All these changes were messing with his head, and if this kept up his reputation was going to get ruined. Komar held a hand up to silence Inuyasha’s apologetic attempts.

“Again it is no problem, but I will gladly accept your apology if you will answer me one question. Do you like what you see?” Komar asked slyly. Before Inuyasha could fumble for an answer Atrius spoke up.

“Accept his apology? You are the one who should be apologizing! You ran into him! What’s wrong with you anyway? Stumbling around like a drunk, or can you not walk properly in those heeled boots of yours? And how do you know who he is already?” Komar looked over at the irritated Kitsune guard.

“Word travels fast you know, and that little spat in the southern hall is a juicy morsel. Tell me….do you guards always act with such blatant disrespect? I’m actually a little surprised Lord Sesshomaru didn’t slaughter the lot of you for your behavior.” Komar snapped.

“I should have known that if something was going around you’d be on top of it.” Atrius spat. Inuyasha could almost feel animosity and tension coming from the two of them.

“I wonder just what he is…” Inu-Youki mused. Inuyasha echoed the question aloud. Komar turned his attention back to Inuyasha and smiled and something about it made Inuyasha’s insides tighten further.

“I am a western Ruyoki Dragon.” Komar answered. Dragon? Well the only Dragon Inuyasha had ever met was Ryukotsusei…and this guy sure wasn’t acting anything like he did, didn’t look like him either. Then again Inuyasha hadn’t seen any other form other then the giant ball of death spitting dragon, or maybe they were not the same kind of dragon?

“No I meant….wait…you said western…are you from around here?” Inuyasha puzzled. Komar merely chuckled.

“No milord, my kind live on a series of islands to the south. But I must ask, if you did not wish to know my species, then just what did you wish to know?” Komar retorted.

“Are you…uh…male….or….female…?” Inuyasha fumbled. Granted he did not see any breasts or anything like that, but maybe dragons were different? And Komar’s scent was….odd. It didn’t seem to lean to either male or female, it was all around pleasant, but it didn’t have any of the traditional streams of scent Inuyasha was used to using to identify gender. But still Komar was just a little too damn pretty to not be a girl. Komar laughed at that, damn the guy seemed amused by everything, how many times had he laughed now? It was a full throated warm sound, before taking a few swaying, almost strutting steps that left him right in front of Inuyasha, their bodies almost touching.

“Oh I’m all male my Lord.” Komar purred as he looked up at Inuyasha though his full lashes, it was a seductive look, one that straight up hurled Inuyasha into a massive pool of confused. No one had ever looked at him like that before.

“Not true, Sesshomaru looked at us just like that, only even hotter, as we were plunging into his searing, tight body.” Inu-Youki informed him.

That so did not count.

“Oh.” Was the only would Inuyasha could think of, but he couldn’t keep a small amount of disappointment out of his voice, where ever that came from. Granted he did want a mate, and had been hoping to connect with a female demon and perhaps start creating the building blocks of a true relationship…..of course that is what led to all the trouble with Nefrume, which had landed him here….so maybe Komar being male was for the best.

“Oh?” Komar echoed. “Were you hoping for me to be a woman?” Inuyasha fidgeted slightly, gods this was so out of his league, he was used to kicking ass not…..all this talking nonsense.

“Uh no…I mean yeah kinda….its just that….well your so pretty.” Inuyasha weakly replied, he felt all hazy again, like everything in him was slowing down, it was almost like when you blink repeatedly, you see some things, but miss little sections of what is going on. Komar’s lips curled upwards in a playful smile.

“Why thank you milord, you are quite the looker yourself.” he replied.

“Oh I like this one.” Inu-Youki whispered.

“Ok, ok enough already!” Atrius suddenly spoke. “Komar we have places to go and you are holding us up.” Komar simply glanced over at the kitsune guard, but only for a moment.

“So what do you do here? You don’t look like a guard.” Inuyasha asked, trying to buy himself some time to clear his head.

“Oh well I am part of, and currently the leader of the Keera of the castle.” Komar answered.

“The what?” Inuyasha asked. Was that even a word? Seriously who came up with this crap?

“The Keera. We are the entertainers. I also plan all the social and diplomatic events. Singing, dancing, music, you name it. That is what we do.” Komar answered.

“That’s...different.” Inuyasha said, he wasn’t sure what else to say. “That doesn’t sound all that important to me, though I guess someone might enjoy such things.” Komar simply rolled his eyes and scoffed.

“Yes yes, we are just sooooo useless. Why does Lord Sesshomaru even keep us here, we should be cast out into the wild to die for all our uselessness.” Komar snapped sarcastically and Inuyasha could tell he had just stepped in a rather big hole. Atrius snorted and Komar looked as if he were about to make an issue of it when Inuyasha spoke.

“No I didn’t…mean it like that. I’ve never had something like that, so my opinion about it doesn’t me much. I’ve always eaten in silence, unless there is someone around to talk to, which was very rare for most of my life, but I can totally see why you’d need something like that if you had huge groups of people like I bet gather here from time to time.” He felt the need to apologize, after having been called worthless and looked down upon for so long he knew it was not right to judge someone like that and he wasn’t about to act like the one’s who had tormented him throughout the years.

Komar tilted his head to the side, his right hand coming to rest on his chin as he tapped at it with one finger. “Well…you’re forgiven.” The dragon said.

“His lips look soft, let’s kiss em!” Inu-Youki urged, and with that Inuyasha found his eyes once more drawn to the thick blue pillows of flesh, the color kinda reminded him of the sky.

“I thought you liked Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha dimly thought.

“Oh I do, but he’s not here right now and I’m oh so lonely.” Inu-Youki pouted. “And he can be so mean sometimes. But I guess we could go find him, but we have such a luscious prize right in front of us. I wonder who would be the better mate?”

“Where the hell did that come from? We just met this guy.”
Inuyasha shot back.

“Listen….I’m not saying now….but you can not deny how badly we need a mate. That bitch Kagome ruined everything, which is ok because I never liked her, but we are both so tired of being alone, and it’s not fair! We deserve more then what we get, we’ve worked long and hard, and damn it it is about time we get our reward!” Inu-Youki exclaimed vigorously.

Hmmm…well good point, maybe it was time to start looking…but Komar was a guy…and so was Sesshomaru! And he was also their brother!

Well that was it; obviously his Youki had gone insane at some point.

“Oh har har har….why don’t you kiss my ass.” It shot back.

“You are on your way to….?” Komar asked, jarring Inuyasha out of his own mental discussion.

“I don’t see how that’s any business of yours.” Atrius answered. Man the kitsune had seemed alright, but the second this Komar showed up he had like morphed into an asshole. Then again Sesshomaru was his boss, and Sesshomaru was the Alpha asshole….

“Maybe it’s something in the water?” Inu-Youki quipped.

Komar snorted, flicking his hair to the side and away from his face.

“Then it is a good thing that I did not ask you.” He muttered. Inuyasha wasn’t sure what the issue was between the two, but it was obvious that they did not seem to like each other much.

“Dinning hall is where we are going, or so I am told.” Inuyasha interjected. But to be honest he was still leery about this whole situation. He didn’t think he was being led into a trap per say but….if he was, they were in for one hell of a nasty surprise.

“Ah well you are headed in the right direction then.” Komar replied almost as if he could sense Inuyasha’s misgivings. “Will you have need of one of us?”

“Oh I can think of plenty of uses for you…” Inu-Youki muttered. So perhaps it was out of spite that Inuyasha answered.

“No I don’t think I will, I’ve never needed something to watch or listen to while I eat. Besides I tend to eat quickly anyway.”

Komar looked as if he would pout.

“Perhaps for simple company then? I can’t imagine Atrius here being much for conversation.” Komar continued.

“I wonder why they are blue like that, why would he make them blue?” Inu-Youki muttered.

“Hey can we focus here? Inuyasha thought.

“I am focused. On those pretty blue lips.” It replied. Inuyasha growled inwardly, fine then…he would just ask and get it over with. But before he could do so his hand moved up, the tips of his index and middle fingers brushing across Komars lips. They were soft, but to Inuyasha’s mild surprise the blue did not rub off. A sharp intake of breath sounded from Komar as Inuyasha ran his two fingers back across once more. It was then Inuyasha’s turn to gasp as Komar’s tongue slipped out, lightly moistening the tips of Inuyasha’s fingers and he suddenly had the almost overwhelming urge to plunge them into Komar’s mouth.

Inuyasha then noticed the tongue that seemed to invite him in, it was forked much like a snakes, but much thicker. Maybe he used it to scent the air like a snake did?

“It’s not coming off.” Inuyasha found himself muttering. Komar lightly chuckled, but not enough to remove Inuyasha’s fingers.

“That’s because it’s my real color so to speak.” Was the dragon’s husky reply.

“But their blue.” Inuyasha protested, his fingers still traveling back and forth slowly.

“It’s a part of me and in case you are wondering about my eyes, both the color of, around and the color of my lashes is natural as well.” Komar informed his voice never losing that warm edge.

“That’s…interesting.” Inuyasha mumbled. Still it seemed weird, was their a purpose to the color? Then again for someone who had dog ears on top of his head maybe he shouldn’t be criticizing.

“Forgive me for asking my Lord, but how long do you intend to rub my at my lips? Not that I mind, but it does make conversing slightly difficult….or did you have something planned?” Was Komar’s sultry whisper.

No not really.

…..Well there was something he wanted to do, but something told him that he shouldn’t. Something inside was screaming at him to stop. But why?

Inuyasha crooked his fingers to keep his from cutting into flesh as a precaution and to his amusement Komar’s mouth opened for him slightly.

“See…he wants it too.” Inu-Youki rumbled. But before he could follow through something started tugging at his pants. Looking down Inuyasha’s eyes met with Shippo’s.

“Can we go now? I’m hungry.” The little kit whined. Shaking his head tightly Inuyasha managed to focus himself once more and when he realized just what he had been about to do he jumped back with a start. This time Komar did pout.

“Awww…no need for that. I don’t bite….unless you want me to.”

What was he doing?! What was wrong with him?! For the first time a small trickle of fear wormed its way into Inuyasha’s heart. Could he not even control his own body anymore?

“We….we should go.” Inuyasha fumbled.

“Indeed….this way sir.” Atrius spoke at last. As Inuyasha scooped Shippo up once more Atrius stepped forward and caught a hold of Inuyasha’s arm, almost dragging him down the hall.

“Goodbye for now milord! I look forward to seeing you again!” Komar called after them, waving his arm, his voice rather smug. Quickly they made their way down the corridor and came around a corner.

“Damn damn double damn! I wanted to see what his mouth felt like. Must everyone ruin everything that is fun?” Inu-Youki whined. Inuyasha’s anger made itself known within him once more.

“You?! You’re the one doing all this weird shit?!” Inuyasha raged.

“Well yeah.” It replied.

“Why?” Inuyasha demanded.

“Why not?” It countered.

After a few feet down the next corridor Inuyasha pulled his arm away from Atrius.

“Thanks…but I’m ok now.” He said.

“Youki again?” Atrius asked. Inuyasha nodded. “Well I’ve heard of them doing much worse, so I wouldn’t worry much, I know mine gave me all kinds of hell when I entered my teens. Still I’d be careful, depending on what it wants; you could end up in all sorts of situations you’d rather not be in.”

Wouldn’t worry?! He had basically made a complete fool out of himself, not once but twice, in less then ten friggin minutes! Yeah he was going to have to stay focused, like never before. Damn it this wasn’t fair, could he never relax? Turning his head to the side slightly Inuyasha whispered.

“Thanks for the save Shippo.”

“No problem.” The kit answered. “You can pay be back with something sweet, besides I could tell that something weird was going on, so just what is going on?”

“I don’t know Shippo….I really don’t know.” Inuyasha replied softly.

“A word of advice milord. Be careful around Komar, especially with your words. That man is probably the biggest gossip in the entire castle. Anything that enters his ears tends to soon end up being rather common knowledge around here.” Atrius warned.

“Oh? He seemed nice enough.” Inuyasha muttered, not really thinking of what he was saying as he was more focused inward at the moment. Besides Komar’s actions had been rather passive…it was him that was the problem.

“He’s always like that, smooth as silk, especially since you’re basically new here.” Atrius snorted.

“What do you mean?” Shippo asked.

“Well….its not really something….meant for the ears of little ones like yourself.” Atrius answered.

“Well I second that, what are you talking about?” Inuyasha asked. The next few moments only the sound of their footsteps echoed though the halls.

“Well to put it bluntly….Komar is….a harlot….extremely promiscuous. He prefers men in case you haven’t noticed….” Atrius responded hesitantly.

“Hey! No fair! You said bluntly!….Using words I don’t know…” Shippo huffed, crossing his arms in annoyance. Well Inuyasha understood, though he could just picture Shippo bugging him about it later. Still having been judged unfairly his entire life caused his hackles to rise slightly.

“And just how do you know that?” He asked.

“Its not like it’s some big secret, I can’t even begin to tell you how many Komar stories I have heard in the guard’s quarters.” Atrius responded.

Feh…..and just how many times had he been chased out or attacked because someone had heard -stories-

“They have any proof?” Inuyasha asked. He wasn’t sure why he cared really, it was just after taking so much shit in his life, and he had developed a bit of a complex.

“Like witnesses or something?” Atrius answered. “Well no…nothing like that. But I trust the men who have told me and a few of them have had claw and teeth marks on them. I guess Komar is a little wild in bed….”

Interesting but still that didn’t prove much.

“You ever thought about just asking about him about it?” Inuyasha inquired.

“Well I might if he wasn’t so aggravating. I can’t stand to be around him. The other Keera aren’t so bad. But to be honest I really don’t care for any of them.” Atrius replied.

“And why is that?” Shippo wanted to know.

“We do the fighting, the dieing, we protect the people in this castle and beyond. Yet they all turn their noses up at us.” Atrius growled.

“I see.” Inuyasha quietly replied. For some reason he was sure there was more to it then that. But then again it wasn’t like it was his problem; after all it was highly possible that he would never see any of these people again after Sesshomaru gave him the boot. Soon they came to a large set of doors, which Atrius opened and gestured for Inuyasha to precede though. As he did Shippo gasped and Inuyasha was inclined to agree.

The room was filled with people, going this way and that, which was surprising to him due to how late it was. But more then that it was the décor that got him. Large paintings of various Inu hung on the walls, going all around the room, almost as if they were watching anyone who entered. A large crystal object hung down from the middle of the ceiling, glittering in the light. It looked like some kinda of….chandelier, but so much large and more intricate then any he had seen in Kagome’s time.

Two large stair cases led up to the second floor, each covered with some kind of rich red carpet, a stark contrast to all of the white stone.

“The main hall, we are almost there now, please continue following me.” Atrius informed. Not really listening Inuyasha continued to follow anyway. His eyes were again draw to the large portraits, where they his ancestors? Was his father up there somewhere? Inuyasha felt the need to ask later, because if Inu-Taisho was around there somewhere, then Inuyasha wanted to see him, and he found himself wanting that so very badly, to have a face to put with the name. At that very thought he felt the nagging tug in his heart grew a little stronger, but Inuyasha pushed it aside once more. He was really getting tired of all these changes and new feelings. It had been bad enough outside, but now that he had entered what -should- have been his home, new stuff was coming into the picture.

And I’m getting tired of the lack of needs being met; can we please do something for ourselves for once?” Inu-Youki begged.

Oh for fuck’s sake…shut up….

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ses shomaru actually felt a small sliver of relief rush though his body as Daigon entered the room with his typical grin plastered on his face.

“Greetings Milord! You rang this one’s sparkly bell? Are you unwell?” Daigon chirped. Sesshomaru shook his head no.

“No? Tama, tama…then when did you deign to call upon this one?” Daigon asked.

“Inuyasha is now within the castle.” Sesshomaru stated plainly. And with that simple little piece of information Daigon became even more animated then usual, dancing around slightly.

“Indeed? At long last…..well then, this one had better prepare, much to do, much to do!” Daigon spouted excitedly.

“Not tonight Daigon.” Sesshomaru said. Gods please don’t let him start yelling, Sesshomaru wasn’t sure his head could take it. Daigon stopped his back and forth dancing, turning to face Sesshomaru once more the wind sprit put his hands on his hips and leveled a rather impressive glare on the demon lord.

“And just why not? After so many decades alone all manner of injuries and illnesses could have been heaped upon the young Lord. What could possibly be more important then making doubly sure that he is in sparkling, pristine order? This one does demand to know.” Daigon actually growled. Growling was better then yelling….he could handle growling, and it actually pleased him that the ever bubble headed Daigon of the wind could grow instantly serious over the matter of Inuyasha’s health.

“To be honest? Nothing comes to mind, however it is already late and the day has been….tiresome. I have sent him down to receive dinner and after that intend to escort him to his personal chambers and see that he is properly situated so that he may obtain a suitable nights sleep. Time permitting I will also inform him of his visit with you and the nature of it. First thing in the morning after breakfast I will personally accompany him to your chambers for his examination, if I am not able to inform him of this before he retires, then I will do so at the morning meal. I feel that his body needs time and energy to restore itself, that way you do not detect anything that was actually caused by lack of rest or food. I also believe a well fed; well rested Inuyasha will be much easier to deal with then a hungry, tired, extremely grumpy one.” Sesshomaru explained, although he did decide to leave out the part about Inuyasha possibly leveling the east wing due to one of Daigon’s ill timed pranks. Daigon’s face softened and he smirked before lowering his eyes and nodding his head.

“Wise words my Lord. Forgive this one for failing to realize such a thing quicker.” The healer apologized.

“No need, I know how excited you get about your duties, especially when it concerns our family, how you have managed to have such enthusiasm for something for so long….is something that still baffles me.” Sesshomaru said. Daigon rubbed the back of his head, blushing slightly before raising a victory sign accompanied by a massive grin.

“This one made a vow a long time ago. Besides out of the countless creatures this one has been able to tinker around with, you Inu always prove to be the most interesting.” Daigon replied. Sesshomaru nodded, indeed if there was one person within his court whose loyalty he never questioned, it was Daigon. The man was handy in more ways the one, centuries of living had left him with much wisdom, not to mention Daigon was something of a political powerhouse, not something a castle healer, regardless of how well they preformed their duties could usually claim. But having been around for so long made the elders look fondly upon Daigon, and the people loved him due to the work he had done, and continued to do to keep them safe from illness and to care for them should they fall ill or injured. It wasn’t uncommon for Daigon himself to make house calls to even the poorest of Sesshomaru’s subjects, not to mention that Daigon tended to enjoy training others, and also despite his strange way of speaking, no one took better, more comprehensive notes then Daigon.

“Is there anything this one should know?” Daigon asked.

“I thought you did not like having preconceptions.” Sesshomaru stated. Daigon nodded, his long green bangs bouncing up and down.

“Well there is much you could tell this one ne ne? However this one did not mean that he wished for a diagnostic, more of a….shiny glimpse into what may come tomorrow.” Daigon clarified.

“Inuyasha has a foul temper and does not posses the most positive of attitudes, he is also very private. So gaining information may take some work.” Sesshomaru responded “Oh…and one further note of interest, he also possess an extremely foul mouth.”

“Not true, it’s a sweet, innocent mouth. I tasted it myself; it gets the Sesshomaru seal of approval!” Sess-Youki chimed in.

That so was not what he had meant…..

“And might this one ask as to just how diligent he should be..?” Daigon asked. Sesshomaru had to smile at that.

“Have you ever allowed even one scrap of information escape you, specifically if it concerns our family?” Sesshomaru countered. Recalling the time during his childhood when his tail had begun to come in, he had been somewhat embarrassed over the aid he had needed due to the pain and had tried to hide the fact from the wind sprit. Daigon had hung him upside down from a rafter and spun him until he nearly puked, before he had finally, figuratively spilled his guts. Daigon simply grinned a wild, toothy almost maniacal grin and tapped his fingertips together in sync. “That is what I thought.” Sesshomaru chuckled. “So…why ask?”

“Just super, mega, deluxe curious about what you would say ne dee.” The healer answered. Ah ha, so that was it, Daigon was fishing for information on how much Sesshomaru actually cared.

“I want him taken care of to the absolute best of your abilities.” Sesshomaru whispered and Daigon’s face took on a thoughtful expression.

“This one can be counted on.” Daigon assured.

“I have no doubt.” Sesshomaru concurred.

“Is there anything else?” The wind requested.

“Yes. I myself…will require your time.” Sesshomaru hesitantly responded. It was going to be horrible…having to open himself up like he would most likely have to, but he needed answers, he was so confused…so…out of sorts.

“Truly?”

Sesshomaru nodded.

“I would like to begin now, but I to require rest and a meal. I would also…like time to…properly gather my thoughts. So after Inuyasha’s exam then.” Sesshomaru said. Daigon crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

“Is it an injury milord?” The healer asked.

“In…a manner of speaking.” Sesshomaru responded.

“Perhaps you could be so kind to clear the fog surrounding the questions bubbling around in this one’s brain?” Daigon pressed.

“Mental….spiritual…..emotional….& #8221;Sesshomaru whispered. He had been so badly thrashed on all levels.

“Ah then the whispers of the wind are true, something has happened Daigon thinks.” Sesshomaru just nodded in agreement. “Very well, this one will do his best to aid you. But this one can not help but wonder just what caused this change in Inu-hanyo policy.” Daigon queried. Sesshomaru hesitated; he found that he did indeed wish to talk about it, so very badly. Yet he did not want to share such personal business with anyone, save Inuyasha. “You know, this one was once the great Inu-Taisho’s closest confidant, save maybe his son, and this one had once told the Lord one simple thing.” Daigon suddenly said.

“And just what did you say?” Sesshomaru asked his voice thick with repressed emotion.

“What is said to this one stays with this one.” Daigon answered. Good point, Daigon had kept secrets for him in the past, even from his father.

“I do not wish to speak of all the details at this time. But it needs to be said that I want Inuyasha to come home. I wish to make amends to….heal the hurt.” Sesshomaru said softly.

“This one is glad to hear that and will aid you however he can. Still….this one worries for you and your sibling, this one is very, very old and can tell when something is eating away at you. You can trust this one he assures you, so if you need a friendly ear….Daigon will be waiting.” The wind sprit replied. Sesshomaru toyed with his hair for a moment, trying to distract himself from the whirlwind of memory and emotion within him.

“I have yet to even inform Inuyasha of my decision and the reason….and it simply does not feel right to talk to anyone else about it before I speak to him. And I will not have him learn these truths anyway other then from my very own mouth. The rage that would undoubtedly surge out from him from such a thing is not something I wish to see.” Sesshomaru informed.

“Wise again, but why haven’t you told him? This one would think he would be overjoyed to finally be allowed his rightfully right place.” Daigon mused. Sesshomaru smiled grimly.

“Quite the opposite actually, I have not spoken to him about it because I feel he will not believe me, I do not have his trust, though I hope to gain it though my actions before I press upon it with my words. I know Inuyasha…he will be anything but overjoyed.” Sesshomaru said softly, rubbing at his heart as small pang of pain stabbed into it.

“And that bothers you doesn’t it? That he does not trust you?” Daigon asked. Sesshomaru nodded slowly and Daigon smiled. “And for that, this one is glad.” The healer whispered before bowing slightly and walking out the door, closing it behind him. Only Daigon could get away with such behavior.

“Makes you glad does it?” Sesshomaru mused.

“Is all the work done? Can we go get Yash now?” Sess-Youki asked.

“No.” Sesshomaru thought. It would figure wouldn’t it? Could he have no peace?

“Oh come on! He’ll be old and gray by the time you get your ass in gear.” Sess-Youki growled.

“First we do not age as humans do, so his being -old- will mean nothing. Secondly his hair is already silver.” Sesshomaru shot back.

“Look you….who knows what could have happened to him. What if he’s hurt! -Gasp!- what if someone else tries to claim him! He’s so very beautiful I just know someone is going to try to steal him!” Sess-Youki ranted. Sesshomaru rolled his eyes, Inuyasha could take care of himself even without any sort of guard, and he highly doubted that his stubborn little brother was going to end up mating in such a short time.

“He is fine.” Sesshomaru countered.

“Prove it! Go get him!!!” Sess-Youki demanded. Sesshomaru cracked his neck and got up out of his chair.

“If you would silence yourself then I might be able to get things done at quicker speeds. Is bad enough having all this to do so late in the night, but to have you screaming in my head does NOT help matters.” Sesshomaru grumbled.

Opening the administrative office door Sesshomaru stepped back into the hallway. Passing the guards with a curt nod he began to make his way to the gate outpost. It would have been easier to simply summon the necessary personal to his chambers, but perhaps the walk would help focus his thoughts and appease his Youki, plus after the little event earlier Sesshomaru felt it might be prudent to remind everyone just who should be obeyed if he went and delivered his orders personally, and it would also give him the opening to personally remind such persons just what would transpire should he be disobeyed. He also found that a periodic yet random patrol of the grounds kept any who wished to neglect their duties from doing so. Like his father once told him.

“Nothing straightens a slacker out quicker then having the Lord of the West walk up behind him while he’s goofing off.”

Thankfully there was less of that then even he would have guessed, the castle tended to run quite smoothly, something he was rather proud of as a matter of fact. Which was also part of the reason the recent events rather pissed him off. After a short walk he neared his destination, coming to a stop at a door, firmly Sesshomaru rapped his knuckles against the solid wood of the door. Normally he would simply walk in, but if someone happened to be using the ladder that lead to the above look out, the last thing he wanted was to smash them with the door, no that had been embarrassing enough the first time he had done it decades ago.

“Lord Sesshomaru?!” A voice above him rang out, glancing up he just barley caught sight of a head pulling itself back though a peep hole. Banging around could be heard above him before he caught the sounds of someone clamoring down the ladder, taking a step back he waited patiently. Quickly the guard burst out of the room as if someone had thrown him. Eyeing the eagle demon appraisingly Sesshomaru spoke.

“Do you always throw yourself though doors with such force?” He couldn’t help but pick at the guard a little, besides after the days that he had been though; it was only fair that he made someone else squirm a little.

“Um…um n-no my Lord. It’s..It’s just uh…well its you…and I thought….oh my….how may I serve you this evening sire?” The demon fumbled. Sesshomaru resisted the urge to chuckle, he’d never quite outgrown teasing his subject. Father would probably scold him if he had been here…then again father had been known for doing the very same.

“There may be a small group of human’s seeking entrance into the castle arriving sometime tonight or perhaps tomorrow.” Sesshomaru said. “I would like a lookout kept for them at all times, and I want to be notified the moment they reach the gates.”

“Yes sir!” The demon barked. “Might you give me a description so that we will know exactly what we are looking for?” Thorough….something Sesshomaru appreciated, he would have to remember that.

“A male monk, a female slayer with a neko, and a very strangely dressed, obnoxious female miko. They are to be granted entrance into the castle, provided they behave, have rooms prepared for each of them, but have them monitored at all times, I do not want them wandering my halls unattended.” Sesshomaru said before another thought popped into his head. “The monk and slayer should receive adequate accommodations, the miko however does not need to be….to comfortable.” Inuyasha seemed to be fond of the monk, and the slayer did not seem to be to terribly disrespectful, the miko Kagome however…..well as Inuyasha might say -fuck her-. She had abused his brother and pissed him off.

“The rough room then?” The guard asked. Indicating the -special- room Inu-Taisho had commissioned to be made explicitly for people he did not like, be they political opponents, rival demons and what not. At the time Sesshomaru had thought it rather childish, now however he could appreciate it. Sesshomaru nodded, and the guard smiled. “Leave it to me. I’ll see to it milord. Is there anything else?” Sesshomaru took pause to think about that for a moment before an answer came to him.

“Yes. There may be a wolf demon with them. He is not permitted to enter. Period.” Sesshomaru replied. Stupid flea-ridden mangy wolf, if it had not of been for Inuyasha distracting him he would have gladly removed this “Koga” from his head.

“It shall be as you say Lord Sesshomaru. Shall we deal with any persistence in the normal fashion, or do you have something special in mind?” The guard asked.

“I believe standard procedure will do.” Sesshomaru answered. The guard saluted before bowing to Sesshomaru, and the demon Lord waved a dismissal before turning and beginning to make his way towards his next destination.

“Are we done YET?” Sess-Youki whined.

“Almost.” Sesshomaru sighed.

“What could we POSSIBLY have to do now?” Sess-Youki growled. Bitch, bitch, bitch….it was hard to believe a part of him could be so damn whiny.

“If you must know I am going to set the chambermaids on both cleaning and preparing Inuyasha’s personal chambers. I will not have him in some simple guest room. Now do you have any complaints about that?” Sesshomaru snapped.

“You’re just lucky it has something to do with my mates comfort….” Sess-Youki threatened. Yes Sesshomaru was fairly positive if it did not immediately concern Inuyasha then his blood would simply have to nag him.

“He is not our mate.” Sesshomaru protested. Well he wasn’t…hell he could hardly even talk to Inuyasha at this point.

“Not yet, but I’ll have him…oh yes indeed.” Sess-Youki vowed.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“ This is the dinning hall?!” Inuyasha exclaimed.

“Yes….is there a problem?” Atrius asked tentatively.

“It’s friggin huge!” Inuyasha awed. And it was….it might have even been possible to fit Kaede’s entire village in there! The whole room was bathed in a soft light, bright enough so that you could easily see your food and what might be going on, but not so bright as to distract or bother. There were a set of double doors with little round windows in them down to the right of them. In the center of the room sat the biggest table Inuyasha had ever seen, from the looks of it, it might be possible to sit like…a hundred people! Inuyasha simply followed Atrius over to the table, where the kitsune guard pulled the chair to the right of the chair in the center of the end of the table.

“Well have a seat milord. I have to deliver Lord Sesshomaru’s orders to Retsu, but I’ll bring a taller chair for the little on when I return.” Atrius said before bowing and making his way though the double doors at the right of the room. Slowly Inuyasha set himself into the chair, it was rather comfortable, and Inuyasha noticed that while it had cushions on the seat, back, and arms the chairs that sat farther down the table did not. Perhaps someone important was supposed to sit here?

“Talk about fancy.” Shippo mumbled, the awe apparent in his voice.

“Yeah no shit…” Inuyasha whispered. How big was this place? As they sat there Inuyasha was beginning to regret not accepting Komar’s offer for company. It was quiet as the grave in the room, at least when he had eaten alone he had had the sounds of the wild surrounding him. As a matter of fact it was when everything went still and quiet that something bad usually happened. It was setting him on edge, his nerves bundling tight. He had spent a lifetime honing the skills necessary to survive, and even though intellectually he knew he was at least reasonably safe his instincts were screaming at him to move. It was a habit, he knew that, but it wasn’t like he could break it now.

The sudden sound of the double doors crashing against the walls as a figure came bursting excitedly out of them nearly caused him to leap out of his chair.

“Ahh! The young Lord! You are most welcome!” The grinning male demon exclaimed, his arms held wide in a greeting, Atrius following behind him with a high seated chair. Walking around to the left of Inuyasha the guard removed the unused chair and replaced it with the new one.

“There you are young one.” Atrius said. Shippo hopped off of Inuyasha’s shoulder and into the chair, which Atrius then scooted in closer to the table before taking a few steps back and standing at attention behind and to the right of Inuyasha.

“And how may I serve you today?” The newer demon asked. Inuyasha looked over at him, this demon was dressed plainly, just a pair of tight brown pants and a red shirt that reminded Inuyasha of his old inner shirt. He wore a broad smile that lit up his face and his face was pleasant enough, but nothing compared to Sesshomaru or Komar. An unruly mop of medium chestnut hair was perhaps most striking feature. His eyes were a warm brown, and seemed open and friendly enough.

“Eh…I’ll give him a five, he’s not too bad, but I don’t see anything to special.” Inu-Youki said. Well thank the gods for that, maybe now he wouldn’t embarrass the shit out of himself for a third time today.

“Well who are you?” Inuyasha asked somewhat defensively. Not that this new demon looked threatening, but Inuyasha was more on guard incase his dipshit Youki tried to pull anything this time.

“Ah forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself didn’t I? My name is Retsu. I am the senior chef of the castle and I am the one who will be preparing your meals for you. So if you would simply tell me what you would like, I will get started right away.” Retsu said clasping his hands in front of him, his fingers locking together. Inuyasha and Shippo glanced between each other.

“Well I don’t know.” Inuyasha mumbled.

“I don’t even know what there is to choose from!” Shippo cried out causing Inuyasha to wince slightly. Yup…it was getting late and now the kit was getting cranky.

“I am quite skilled, I highly doubt there is anything that you could request that I don’t know how to make. Just name a dish.” Retsu informed. Still Inuyasha was stumped, other then what Kagome had made from time to time, and what his mother had been able to make when he had been a child, he’d never really had a meal in the sense of different dishes with different names. It had mostly been whatever he could find, meat, meat on a bone, whatever vegetables he might have been able to steal.

“I don’t know any dish names….or whatever...isn’t a dish a plate?” Shippo muttered.

“I….don’t know any either..” Inuyasha reluctantly admitted. Ok now this was becoming more of a hassle then it needed to be. “Honestly I don’t care what it is, as long as its food, I’ve never cared.” A puzzled look appeared on Retsu’s face.

“I…I see. Well I could just…randomly prepare something I suppose. But I always strive for the greatest amount of satisfaction for those I cook for, if you do not tell me what you want, how will I be able to please you?” Retsu asked, obviously confused.

“Uh…geez, just meat….some kind of vegetables, I don’t care what kind, maybe some bread…yeah bread sounds good.” Inuyasha forced out. “Same for the kit, just keep in mind his size, no reason to waste food.” Retsu nodded.
“Yes sir…um….What kind of meat? We have several different choices, also would you prefer it raw or cooked? If cooked are there any specific seasonings that you would prefer?” Retsu asked innocently. Oh for fucks sake….

“I don’t care what kind….just…surprise me. Which is faster to make? Raw I’m assuming?” Inuyasha almost snapped.

“Y-Yes.” Retsu answered, a bit of worry in his voice.

“Then raw it is. Ok? Any other stupid questions? You know….I don’t even want to be here, I don’t want to do any of this, but I was told I could have food and I’m hungry, all I want is food, I don’t give a shit what it is as long as I can eat it and it doesn’t make me sick.” Inuyasha snapped, his temper getting the better of him. But he was hungry and that stupid feeling in his heart just would NOT stop. All the humor and good nature drained from Retsu’s face, being replaced by uneasiness and upset.

“Ye-yes sir…right away.” He mumbled before rushing though the double doors.

“I was gonna ask for that stuff Kagome likes to make….but I don’t know what it’s called.” Shippo said. Inuyasha shrugged.

“Me neither, but I don’t see what the big deal is, food is food.” Inuyasha said, to which Shippo nodded in agreement. A few minutes went by as they waited, it was still so quiet and Inuyasha wasn’t sure how much more his nerves could take and to make matters worse Atrius was standing behind him, and he couldn’t see the kitsune. That bothered Inuyasha, he did NOT like having anyone behind him, especially one that he couldn’t see simply by turning his head, but he could hear the guard breathing so he knew he was there. Finally he could take it no more. “Would you NOT stand behind me? You’re making me nervous.” Inuyasha snapped.

“Sir? Uh…this…this is where a guard is supposed to stand…so that he may-”Atrius started.

“Well I don’t like it ok, why don’t you come over to the other side of the table here so I can see you, I don’t like people behind me.” Inuyasha interrupted.

“As…as you wish Sir.” Atrius stammered before coming around the table, standing in Inuyasha’s line of sight. “Here milord?” Inuyasha nodded.

“Yeah that’ll work.” The hanyo muttered. Only a few minutes more had passed when the double doors once again burst open, Retsu rushing out of them, two plates balanced carefully on the palms of his hands. Quickly the brown haired demon set the plates down in front of Inuyasha and Shippo, before placing eating utensils next to their plates. “Wow…that was quick.” Inuyasha muttered somewhat amazed. Retsu flushed slightly.

“I…I thought it best to….I mean you seem as if your in a hurry…and I did not want to displease…” Retsu stammered and Inuyasha felt like something of an asshole…he wasn’t sure but something was telling him that the demon chef didn’t understand where he was coming from.

“Well….no need for that…uh take your time. Uh…let’s see something to drink, how about water?” Inuyasha said trying to understand why he felt the need to sooth Retsu.

“Yes right away!” Retsu said, looking a little relieved, before making his way back past the double doors which Inuyasha had to assume led to the kitchen. Looking back at the meal in front of him he was actually amused by what he saw. Steaming vegetables sat in carefully organized portions, none mixed together, while several slices of bread lined the outside rim of the top of the plate, the rather generous slab of meat was also arranged carefully, and it smelled rather like…lamb? And was already cut in several spots and Inuyasha bet if he wanted to he could easily peel strips off at his leisure.

All in all an awful lot of work for something that would be gone in a few short minutes. Glancing over to the side Inuyasha had to smile at the sight of Shippo digging into his food, a kid after his own heart, didn’t have to tell him to eat, because he was already there. Inuyasha was just about to follow his lead when a growling stomach caught his attention. Looking up at Atrius, Inuyasha simply raised an eyebrow.

“Err….sorry my Lord…” Atrius apologized as his gripped his stomach in his hands even over his armor, and Inuyasha could just hear him chewing himself out in his head.

“Hungry?” Inuyasha asked. Atrius’s face flushed slightly.

“N-no…I…I am fine my Lord.” Atrius fumbled. Inuyasha could only roll his eyes.

“Liar….sit down.” Inuyasha said gesturing towards the chair across from him.

“My Lord? No…I couldn’t….that is a spot meant for-” Atrius began.

“Then sit in the one next to it.” Inuyasha ordered. Atrius looked torn…but then slowly eased himself into the sat to the left of the one across from Inuyasha. “So are you hungry?” Inuyasha asked.

“A little….” Atrius admitted. “I wasn’t able to eat my dinner….Garith called most of the guards into the halls when…uh when you and Lord Sesshomaru showed up. We weren’t told who you were, actually I don’t think Garith knew either.” Inuyasha caught a hold of a piece of bread and brought it to his lips, taking a large bite out of it he was shocked to discover it was still warm and soft. No way had that Retsu guy baked it that fast…

“Interesting.” Inuyasha muttered. Retsu soon came out carrying a set of glasses and a large jug, coming to the table the demon cook set the glasses in front of Shippo and Inuyasha, pouring them water out of the jug. “Hey Retsu….get Atrius something too.” Inuyasha said.

“Wait…my Lord…I can’t….” Atrius fumbled. Inuyasha just looked at him as he continued to eat.

“Aren’t you supposed to be listening to me?” Inuyasha asked. “Your hungry right? So eat.” Atrius took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“I’ll…I’ll just have some honey basted chicken and a small bowl of stew please.” Atrius said very softly. Retsu smiled and nodded.

“Right away my Kitsune friend.” Retsu replied before heading back towards the kitchen.

“Thank you..” Atrius said softly. Pausing in the act of eating his meal, the stuff was damn good! Inuyasha spoke.

“Why are you acting all weird now?” Inuyasha asked.

“I am supposed to be guarding you not to mention this table is explicitly for the Lord and his guests.” Atrius replied. Inuyasha scoffed and popped a chunk of meat into his mouth.

“Looks like every other table I’ve ever seen, only bigger.” Inuyasha said. “So this Retsu guy called you friend, you two close?” Inuyasha wasn’t normally much for conversation, but the silence was killing him, and he couldn’t help but think this might be a chance for him to find out more about how things worked in this place. He still didn’t trust Sesshomaru and if something was going to happen he wanted to know everything he could just incase it came in handy.

“No…I’ve only met Retsu a handful of times, he’s just a very friendly person from what I have gathered.” Atrius replied. Soon the demon in question emerged from the double doors once more, carrying what was probably Atrius’s food.

“And here you are.” Retsu said setting the plate and a bowl in front of the kitsune. “Is everything ok with everyone?”

“This is great!” Shippo exclaimed and Retsu smiled.

“I’m very happy to hear that little one.” Retsu replied.

“I’m fine.” Inuyasha said, taking another bite of the meat.

“I…I see. Very well, I will leave you all to your meal, if you need anything further, just ring the bell.” Retsu said as he set a good sized hand bell down on the table and retreated back though the doors. Slowly Atrius began to eat, and just something about the way he was doing it made Inuyasha want to laugh, the guy was eating like he thought it was going to try to eat him. Then again after nearly starving to death more times then he ever cared to remember Inuyasha had developed a rather quick method of eating.

“You know…something I’ve noticed….there are like NO girls in this place, I mean I can kinda understand not seeing many among the guards, but I didn’t see hardly any anywhere. I saw a few in the main hall, and a couple more when we were in the other side of this place, but that’s it.” Inuyasha said. “What does Sesshomaru not have any female help?” Atrius took a moment to think about it, his forehead creasing slightly.

“You know…you are right in a way, there really aren’t that many females in this castle, I know most of the chambermaids are female, and there used to be two women in the Keera…but they left months ago. The stables are entirely run by women that I do know. But all in all there are more men in the castle.” Atrius replied.

“Any idea why?” Inuyasha asked, it wouldn’t surprise him if Sesshomaru had deliberately made it that way, his brother was a bigoted asshole….so it fit the bill.

“No…none. I do know that any position can be filled by anyone who wishes to attempt to obtain it. Granted Lord Sesshomaru has the final word, but I’ve never heard of him dismissing anyone based on gender.” Atrius answered.

Suddenly the door behind Inuyasha opened, out of habit he turned just enough to see who might be creeping up from behind him, his hand automatically coming to rest upon the hilt of his fang. A woman he did not recognize walked in. She was tall, with short spiky lavender hair on top of her head. Her armor was similar to Atrius’s only much fancier. Long slim swords sat on her belt, one at each hip. She did have a certain air about her and Inuyasha had a hunch she might just be someone important.
Not that he gave two shits.

With a determined stride she made her way towards Inuyasha, stopping near him she opened her mouth as if to speak when she seemed to notice Atrius and her eyes went wide before narrowing in anger. The kitsune for the most part didn’t seem to be paying attention, his eyes were down on his food. It didn’t seem like he knew she was there, although Inuyasha was at least somewhat sure he had to of heard her, it was more likely that to the fox, a door opening was not cause for alarm. After all , not everyone had grown up where even a single sound could mean life or death.

“Atrius!” the woman bellowed. The poor guard jumped, slamming his knees into the underside of the table, fast hands just narrowly preventing his food form flying everywhere.

“General Imalia?!” Atrius exclaimed, springing to his feet, his arms at his sides, his back stiff. Inuyasha wasn’t sure if he’d ever seen someone get up so fast in his entire life.

“What do you think you are doing?!” Imalia snapped. “You are supposed to be guarding the Lord Inuyasha, yet if find you stuffing you face? And sitting at the Lords own table? How dare you?!” In a way it was rather amusing to watch the color drain from the kitsune’s face.

“I….I mean….you see….oh dear…I was…” Atrius stammered.

“You’ll nothing….and to think Lord Sesshomaru had just asked me to rate your performance. Well I certainly will know what to tell him now!” Imalia spat. Atrius dropped his eyes, his hands balling into fists. “Now you return to the guards-” Imalia started to say.

“Sit down Atrius.” Inuyasha interrupted as he dug his teeth into another slice of the warm bread. In a way he loved bread most of all, it was always so hard for him to actually get some and if he did it was generally stale and moldy, but warm, fresh bread…oh man…

Both Atrius and Imalia looked over at Inuyasha. Slightly annoyed that Atrius was still standing Inuyasha pointed at the fox.

“You.” He pointed down at the recently vacated chair. “Sit.” Hesitantly Atrius sat himself back into the chair, clearly tense and worried. Imalia then opened her mouth to say something else when Inuyasha spoke again. “Food shouldn’t be wasted. Eat.” he ordered.

“My Lord…I…” Atrius mumbled.

“Aren’t you supposed to listen to me?” Inuyasha asked. The fox nodded and very slowly, very cautiously began to eat once more, this time his full attention on Inuyasha and Imalia. Imalia herself scoffed.

“You must be Lord Inuyasha then? I would very much like to know the meaning of this.” Flicking one of his claws down Inuyasha popped another slice of meat into his mouth, chewing slowly.

“Do I really have to tell you anything?” Inuyasha asked.

“Technically no.” Atrius whispered which earned him a glare from his commander. Inuyasha just shrugged.

“He was hungry so I told him to eat.” Inuyasha stated simply. Imalia crossed her arms and glanced at Atrius.

“And just how did you come across this information? I would certainly hope you were not complaining about such a simple thing to your superiors Atrius, you are to guard…not bitch.” Imalia said. Not bitch huh? Well she was doing an awful lot of that.

“He didn’t say anything, I could hear his stomach growl and I asked. He’s doing what he was told to do so just shut up about it.” Inuyasha huffed. Imalia’s eyes flashed in anger but she said nothing. “Just who the hell are you anyway?” Inuyasha asked.

“I am Imalia, high general of the army of the west.” Imalia answered, her chest puffed out with pride.

“And it is a rather nice chest, but then again I can’t much of it. Pity.” Inu-Youki muttered.

Finally!!! Something he was supposed to pay attention to!

“So you’re in charge of those twits that attacked me.” Inuyasha stated. Imalia nodded.

“However you have Garith to thank for such behavior, I gave no such orders, nor did I order the guards to gather as they did.” She replied.

“Feh…well if it happens again be prepaired to pick up body parts.” Inuyasha growled. If it hadn’t of been for the fact that Sesshomaru moved so damn quick he would have done something right then and there. Though he had to admit it did feel…kinda nice to have Sesshomaru stick up for him, even though he knew it was only part of the trick.

“Indeed, however from the report that had been delivered to me, had it not been for Atrius Garan would have seriously wounded you. So forgive me if I do not take such threats to terribly serious.” Imalia said. Inuyasha couldn’t tell if she was taunting him or not….but didn’t it just figure? So much for women being kinder.

“Got lucky is all he did. I was….distracted and I still would have ripped his guts out regardless, but someone interfered.” Inuyasha shot back.

“A true warrior should always be on guard.” Imalia stated plainly. Which those simple eight words Inuyasha’s temper roared back to life. Who the fuck was this lady to lecture him?

“I’m not sure that is fair, after all why should Lord Inuyasha not think he was safe, especially within his brothers own home.” Atrius protested.

“Naw she’s right, when King fucking bastard Sesshomaru is involved I should always be ready. Shit this food is probably poisoned knowing that asshole.” Inuyasha said. Just as before Atrius looked as if he were about to have a heart attack but said nothing. Imalia however…..

“How dare you speak of Lord Sesshomaru like that?! Even if you are his sibling you cannot refer to the Lord as such!” She snarled. Boy Sesshomaru sure did have some fan around here didn’t he? Did Sesshomaru have a side he’d never seen? One that was actually kind? If that was true Inuyasha was going to be even more pissed, he’d always assumed Sesshomaru was a bastard to everything and everyone around him, but if it turned out that his brother had only been cruel to him, while sparing everyone else such treatment…..

A Tessaiga enema would be in order.

“Ever second, every minute, every hour of every day.” Inuyasha stated.

“And just what do you do with such frequency little brother?” Sesshomaru’s voice suddenly said. Looking back towards the doors Inuyasha watched as his older brother entered the room.

“Oh you know, just referring to you as the asshole you are.” Inuyasha answered. Sesshomaru rolled his eyes as he came around to sit at the head of the table, his gaze settled upon Atrius and he raised one eyebrow quizzically. The fox demon tensed…big time.

“He’s doing what I told him to do.” Inuyasha said, not wanting to get into it again. Sesshomaru just nodded, seemingly satisfied with that answer.

“And just what caused this urge to insult me once again?” Sesshomaru asked.

“Well I don’t really need a reason…but the cause of this particular one can be traced right back to queen I-cant-keep-my-nose-out-of-other-peoples-business-and-conversations here. Just comes right on in and starts yelling and shit.” Inuyasha answered, jerking his thumb back towards Imalia.

“I think I have every right to question when one of the soldiers under my command is doing something extremely out of the ordinary.” Imaila retorted.

“That is a sound assumption.” Sesshomaru replied.

“And I still do not see where my questioning gives you the right to insult the Lord and question his integrity.” Imalia continued. Sesshomaru’s eyebrows furrowed at that.

“Question my integrity?” Was the Lord of the West’s confused mumble.

“Your brother suggested that you might have had his food poisoned. Though I should think that it was a jest.” Imalia answered. Sesshomaru turned his gaze on Inuyasha and the hanyo shrugged.

“I really wouldn’t put it past you.” He replied, and he wouldn’t either, the bastard was capable of anything. He WANTED to think that Sesshomaru was too honorable for such tricks…but he wasn’t about to write off something that could lead to possible excruciating pain and/or death.

“I…see.” Sesshomaru whispered before reaching for the bell on the table, catching a hold of it he rang it firmly. Not even a full minute went by before Retsu came walking back thought he double doors.

“Yes how may I….Ahhh Lord Sesshomaru! I see that you have summoned me, tell me how may I serve you my Lord?” Retsu asked.

“Retsu…was Inuyasha’s food poisoned?” Sesshomaru asked. Inuyasha himself once again found himself confused, just what was Sesshomaru doing? The demon Chef blanched.

“Why goodness no!” Retsu insisted. “What would make you think such a thing? Has the meal I prepared made you ill my Lord?” Retsu locked eyes with Inuyasha, genuine concern shinning in the brown orbs.

“Nope.” Inuyasha answered, actually the food had been damn good, and much better then he would have thought something so simple could be.

“Then why?” The chef gasped, clearly distressed.

“Inuyasha suggested Lord Sesshomaru might have had his food tampered with.” Imalia answered. Well it looks like he lost the Lord prefix on his name…oh well fun while it lasted right?

“I see….well no actually I do not. I am well and truly confused.” Retsu responded.

“It happens.” Inuyasha stated somewhat teasingly.

“More to the point I would like a beef tritsu.” Sesshomaru said. Retsu visibly brightened, obviously much happier to be on familiar ground.

“Yes sir!” Retsu said enthusiastically as he spun on his heel and headed back the way he came.

“As for the two of you, you both are dismissed for the time being, you may return to your usual duties.” Sesshomaru ordered. Imalia nodded and began to make her way towards the exit. Atrius also stood and attempted to collect his dishes when Sesshomaru spoke again. “Leave them, they will be taken care of. I will call upon you for your report later.” The kitsune nodded and bowed before likewise making his way out of the room giving Inuyasha a small salute as their eyes met. And then there were three…

“Nice kid.” Inuyasha muttered.

“You realize of course that he is older then you.” Sesshomaru stated more then asked.

“Feh….he might be older in years but he’s still a kid compared to me.” Inuyasha retorted.

“I suppose you are right.” Sesshomaru relented. Silence again flooded the large room and once again Inuyasha was compelled to break it.

“So why the fuck is this table so damn big?” Inuyasha asked, trying to disguise his curiosity. Whether Sesshomaru bought it or not was anyone’s guess but none the less the older Inu answered.

“Only the section we now sit at remains here, the rest is for political occasions or special events. One such event came upon us recently and there simply has not been time to remove it.” Sesshomaru answered.

“Huh and here I thought you’d be the type who would expect things done NOW.” Inuyasha quipped.

“It is quite a time consuming task, I can accept that.” Sesshomaru responded.

“So just what kind of event was it anyway?” Inuyasha asked, he wasn’t sure why he cared but…it was better then listening to dead air, and Sesshomaru wasn’t being an asshole just yet.

“A gathering of the elders.” Sesshomaru said, Inuyasha expected him to elaborate…but he didn’t.

“Sounds like a pain in the ass.” Inuyasha muttered.

“You have NO idea little brother….” Sesshomaru said. Soon Retsu made his way back into the room once more, this time carrying a tray with a good sized bowl, a set of chopsticks, a bottle and an elegant looking glass. Carefully the chef arranged the contents in front of Sesshomaru, it was then Inuyasha noticed that the bottle was opened already. In a fluid movement Retsu placed the glass within easy reach of Sesshomaru before pouring some sort of red liquid into it to which Sesshomaru shot Retsu a questioning look.

“I had a hunch.” the brown haired man responded, Sesshomaru offered a small smile at that.

“To think I once did not have you in my service, dark days indeed.” Sesshomaru said wistfully. Retsu’s face flushed at the compliment.

“It is my pleasure as always milord.” He responded. Retsu then placed his hand upon the neck of the bottle and locked eyes with Sesshomaru.

“You may leave it.” Sesshomaru said. Retsu nodded again looked at Inuyasha.

“And is there anything I may get for you my Lord?” He asked. All this milord and my Lord crap was getting on Inuyasha’s nerves. On one hand he liked it, to be given respect for once, even if it was an illusion. On the other hand he hated it because it WAS an illusion. This would all be gone just as quick as it came. Still…he had finished his meal and he found that he did indeed want something.

“Yeah actually…” Inuyasha muttered and Retsu looked at him attentively. “I want something….sweet.”

“Sweet milord?” Retsu responded.

“Yeah….sorry if it’s a hassle, I’m not sure what….I just have a…craving.” Inuyasha admitted.

“Oh its no trouble at all, in fact I think I have just the thing.” Retsu beamed.

“Hey Shippo do you-” Inuyasha started to ask as he turned to look at the child, only to find his little kit passed out, his head resting on the table, a light snoring echoing out from him. Inuyasha smiled. “Poor kid, I knew he was tired but that food must have just done him in. He always gets drowsy after he eats and well…it has been a long ass day.”

“That it has…” Sesshomaru agreed. Turning to face Retsu Inuyasha spoke.

“I guess it’s just for me then.” The demon chef nodded with a smile.

“I will get started then.” And with that Retsu took off again.

“He sure runs around a lot.” Inuyasha mused.

“He seems to enjoy it, he could have someone else deliver our meals but he prefers to do it himself.” Sesshomaru informed. Hnn…interesting to know, and Inuyasha was shocked to realize how easily he found himself slipping into this kind of life. The realization hit him like a slash of cold water and he nearly jerked in his seat. He was NOT going to get used to this….there was no way he was going to let himself get used to being all cushy and comfortable…as stupid as that sounded. But sooner or later Sesshomaru was going to give him the boot, and he wasn’t going to let the jolt of being tossed back out into the world as he’d always known it tear him up. So he was going to eat whatever Retsu gave him but after that he was going to have to tighten up, he wasn’t about to let himself be pampered…..

The next few minutes when by in silence, Inuyasha just watching Sesshomaru eat. It looked just like a bowl of rice with slices of beef. On top of that the slow meticulous way Sesshomaru ate wasn’t something Inuyasha had really ever seen, sure the other’s always ate nice and neat but even that was nothing like this. Hell even his portions looked nearly perfect and there was even a rhythm to it. Rice, meat, then rice and meat, take a drink….Inuyasha couldn’t help but wonder if it was something intentional or if Sesshomaru just did it out of habit.

“Is there something interesting about my eating little brother?” Sesshomaru asked, startling Inuyasha out of his observations.

“You eat weird.” Inuyasha fumbled. He didn’t think he’d been staring or anything, hell he didn’t even think Sesshomaru would pay attention to anything he did. But well….shit….

“Oh really?” Sesshomaru said. “Because I do not shovel it into my mouth?” Inuyasha growled low in his throat.

“Making fun of me now big brother?” Inuyasha asked, adding a bit of mocking on the last two words. Sesshomaru took another bite, chewing steadily and swallowing before answering.

“No. Simply stating that you do not eat properly.”

“And you’ve never been truly hungry.” Inuyasha shot back. Sesshomaru tilted his head to the side as if thinking before his hand moved to catch a hold of his glass. But of course he didn’t grasp it in a normal way, oh no. Instead of wrapping his fingers around it he slid his hand under the glass so that the bowl of it rested in his palm, he base of it sitting between his ring and middle fingers. Sesshomaru took a good sized gulp before making eye contact with Inuyasha. Slowly Sesshomaru rotated his wrist slightly stirring the deep red contents of the glass.

“What is that anyway? It smells funny.” Inuyasha stated. Staring into Sesshomaru’s eyes made him want to fight, but he simply refused to back down and look away…although for some reason he didn’t get the feeling of being challenged like he normally did.

“It is wine little brother. Surely you’ve had a taste of spirits in your life.” Sesshomaru responded. No actually he’d never had wine…

“Oh is this when I find out that you’re actually a closet alcoholic?” Inuyasha mocked. Sesshomaru leveled a rather bored look upon Inuyasha at that comment.

“Hardly.” the older Inu retorted dryly. Taking another sip Sesshomaru licked his lips slightly, something that mad Inuyasha’s stomach jump.

“This is not nearly as fun as I thought it might be…damn it.” Inu-Youki whined.

Oh for fucks sake don’t start now…..

“It’s a good year, would you like to try?” Sesshomaru asked. Inuyasha snorted and crossed his arms.

“No. Nothing good would come from me getting drunk, especially not here. Besides I don’t make a habit of eating or drinking new things that I’m not familiar with.” Inuyasha answered. Besides he was trying so hard to stay focused right now, he didn’t need anything distracting him from that. He could feel something nipping at him…and just knew if he let his guard down for one second he was going to do something else that he DIDN’T want to do. Whatever it was it was stronger then before, and Inuyasha let his shields drop just a little to see what it might be when his mind was flooded with an image of him…..

Crawling across the table and into Sesshomaru’s lap, pressing their bodies tight together, before sliding his hands into all that long rich silver hair on his brothers head before pulling him in to taste that wine in a much different way then what had been offered. And then he---

Inuyasha slammed his mental shields back into place, locking off the images and whatever was pushing for them.

Holy……


FUCK!!



Ok that had been a bad idea….yup…not doing that again. What the hell? What the fuck was wrong with him…he didn’t want…he couldn’t….ARGH!

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes and scoffed bringing Inuyasha’s attention back whether he knew it had left or not and he set his glass back onto the table.

“You could likely drain the entire bottle and three more just like it and still not feel a third on the effects a human would.” Sesshomaru said.

“And your gonna drink that whole bottle?” Inuyasha inquired.

“I may.” Sesshomaru admitted.

“Why?”

“Why not? Can I not enjoy even this simple pleasure? Again this Sesshomaru consuming a bottle is very much like a human allowing themselves a glass. Are you sure you would not like a taste?” Sesshomaru asked. But the moment the word pleasure left Sesshomaru’s lips it caused Inuyasha to shiver slightly, and at the word taste nearly caused a small hungry noise to leave Inuyasha’s mouth. Fortunately Sesshomaru’s eyes were not on him right then and he had been able to hold back the sounds in his own throat.

“Yes….YES! I want pleasure….I want to TASTE….give…give, give, give, GIVE!” Inu-Youki chanted.

“I don’t bother with any so called pleasures. I mostly focus on not dieing.” Inuyasha spat, trying to cover the sudden strange burst of warmth throughout him at Sesshomaru’s words, however he could not stop his own words from coming out breathy.

“That will have to change.” Sesshomaru said softly.

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Inuyasha asked. This was all just so surreal, he and one of his deadliest, if not THE deadliest, of enemies just sitting at a dinner table eating and talking. It made Inuyasha wanted to pinch himself to make sure he was not dreaming.

“It means you will have many more options open to you now.” Sesshomaru replied. Which just knocked Inuyasha right back into confused as all hell land. But before he could say anything further Retsu came back into the room.

Inuyasha wasn’t sure what it was Retsu was carrying and soon set right in front of him. It had obviously been molded into the shape it was in, round with raised sections that curved across it and it had wisps of cold coming off of it. Had it been in ice? Inuyasha looked at the dish suspiciously before looking back at Retsu. The chef put a spoon down near Inuyasha and a napkin.

“Enjoy.” Retsu said.

“Not to be ungrateful or anything…but what is this?” Inuyasha asked, poking it with his spoon, which easily slid into…whatever it was. The brown haired demon chuckled.

“Oh I’m not surprised you’ve never seen it before, it is a dish from another land. It’s a type of flan.” Flan? What the hell was a flan? Inuyasha was about to say more when a loud crash rang out from somewhere behind the double doors and Retsu’s head whipped around to glare in the direction of the sound. “I swear to the gods if that moron has screwed up my kitchen yet again I’ll gut him, fillet him and serve him up with three sides and a bottle of sake…” the chef growled as he stomped back into the kitchen. So much for getting any additional information….

Well he didn’t want to waste….whatever it was. Wasting food just went against everything Inuyasha believed in. Slowly he scooped up a small portion of it. Cautiously he lifted it to his lips, sniffing at it, it didn’t smell dangerous…

Carefully he dipped his tongue into it, taking a small taste. Not really being able to make a judgment from such a small bit Inuyasha sighed gently.

“Oh well…here goes…” He thought and popped the spoon into his mouth. He swished his tongue around in his mouth as it was far too soft to have to chew. It was creamy and although he couldn’t quite place the taste he had to admit….it was good! Swallowing that bite Inuyasha then scooped out another, it was sweet and silky, and felt kinda nice as it slid down his throat. He didn’t know what it was, or how Retsu had made it but…it was just what he had wanted.

“And did you not just make a statement about not eating unfamiliar things dear brother?” Sesshomaru asked. Inuyasha glanced up at Sesshomaru and was about to make an unkind comment when he actually focused on his brother. Sesshomaru had a small smile on his face and was leaning forward with his arm on the table, his head resting in his palm. Inuyasha had never seen his brother so….improper.

“It’s good…” Inuyasha feebly retorted.

“I’m glad.” Sesshomaru said softly. Inuyasha took notice of the fact that over half of the win bottle had been drained and if Inuyasha didn’t know better he would say Sesshomaru was a bit drunk, but on the whole his asshole demon Lord of a brother did seem more relaxed. “Tomorrow will likely be quite busy Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru told him. Taking another bite of the soft pile of sweetness Inuyasha was glad to have something to distract him from the sudden change in Sesshomaru’s demeanor.

“What do you mean?” Inuyasha asked warily.

“I intend to allow you a good portion of the morning to rest but I am afraid you must rise a bit earlier then you would most likely wish to. You will be given time to bath and clothes shall be prepared for you and I will bring you here for breakfast, after that I will escort you to Daigon.” Sesshomaru explained. To be honest Inuyasha was annoyed with Sesshomaru’s -this is what will happen- attitude, but he didn’t think it was worth arguing about, not when he had the dish of awesome to be eating, not to mention even if he did Sesshomaru would probably get his way regardless.

“Who is Daigon and why do I have to go to him?” Inuyasha asked.

“Daigon is our healer, he has served our family for three generations and if anyone can discern just what exactly is happening to you it is him.” Sesshomaru answered. At that Inuyasha’s attention was instantly intensified. Finally! Some answers! If this Daigon could tell him what was happing inside of him and what to do about it then Inuyasha might just think about forget about how badly Sesshomaru had embarrassed him today.

“So why not see him right tonight?” Inuyasha inquired. He wasn’t sure how much more of this he could take really. So far his body had yet to cramp back up, yet he could feel it on the horizon as if it were peaking around a corner at him, but as much as that hard hurt, the apparent lack of control over his own body had scared him. To do things and not be aware of it, it was annoying and embarrassing right now, but if it happened at the wrong time it could prove to be rather deadly to him.

“There are many reasons for the delay.” Sesshomaru said as he poured himself another glass.

“Like what?” Inuyasha asked. Maybe Sesshomaru had a few legitimate reasons and maybe he didn’t. If he did…ok….if he didn’t then Inuyasha could always ask a barrage of questions as to why, Sesshomaru hated that.

“Well for one the examination may take several hours and it is late. I felt it would be better to give you the chance to eat and rest to replenish yourself. I know you Inuyasha, you are not the most composed person under the best of circumstances, stick you in a room where who knows what type of tests will have to be done and now add in a lack of sleep and an empty stomach….I do not wish to see what would transpire in such a situation.” Sesshomaru replied.

Ok you know what?

……damn it he was right. Inuyasha hated when Sesshomaru was right….

“So what now then?” Inuyasha had to ask, he was almost finished with his desert and couldn’t help but wonder just what he was in store for next.

“Well you can collect your little kitsune and I will guide you to his room where you may tuck him in for the night. Then I will show you to your own quarters.” Sesshomaru answered.

“What do you mean his room and my quarters?” Inuyasha wanted to know.

“I took the liberty of having a room prepared for him and instructed my chambermaids to clean and ready your rooms for use.” Sesshomaru informed.

“He stays with me Sesshomaru, I’m not going to leave him alone, especially not here. So don’t take liberties alright…” Inuyasha growled. Sesshomaru shot Inuyasha a bored look before speaking once more.

“He will be perfectly safe.”

“Oh yeah…cause I totally trust you.” Inuyasha snapped.

“Inuyasha…I am not going to have your kit harmed. He will have a guard and knowing most children thrilled to have his own room, in addition he will be located directly next to Rins room.” Sesshomaru shot back.

“Again so what?” Inuyasha spat. Sesshomaru groaned lightly and cracked his knuckles, an action which always made Inuyasha tense, that motion pretty much constantly meant that poison claws would be coming his way. You know…like at his face, or though his stomach.

“Oh how I hate the poison claw to the face.” Inu-Youki groused.

“The room has already been prepared, time and effort went into doing that and although perhaps you do not care, but it is a meticulous job, and several of them were awakened just to perform this task. Is it right to tell them that they did all that for nothing? Just because you want to have an attitude?” Sesshomaru snapped. Oh he just had to do that didn’t he? Asshole…just pile on the guilt.

“Can’t…can’t I just move the bed to my room?” Inuyasha asked.

“Not easily and it is a large bed, it would be difficult to place within your chambers, more work that does not need to be done. And even then do you think that readying a bed is all that they had to do? I ask again, would you throw away all their hard work?” Sesshomaru countered.

Fuck…..no he didn’t want that. They were people who served Sesshomaru, maybe not willingly, and maybe because they had no other options. He had met many people in his life that did jobs that they hated or did not want just to survive…so they probably deserved some slack. Inuyasha opened his mouth to speak when Sesshomaru decided to forge ahead.

“He will not be all that far from you and the room will serve has his own, a handy thing should he wish to rest or to play in. Also it will be a place to send him if he misbehaves. Its location next to Rins will also prove beneficial as he will have another child to play with, because face facts Inuyasha, how often does the child even get to play? Besides your own day will be busy whether you wish it or not, which will not be enjoyable to a small child should you force him to accompany you everywhere.”

Damn…..Inuyasha wanted to argue…he really did, but Sesshomaru just had to go and keep making good fucking points…..asshole. Shippo never really got much of a chance to just be a kid, something was always happening, usually of the someone-is-trying-to-kill-us variety. But even when there was clam Shippo was still surrounded by people much older then himself. Of course Inuyasha had never really had time to be a kid either, on account of the whole -you could die any moment- thing. But it wasn’t like he wanted someone else to have to live like he did.

Huffing Inuyasha sat back in his chair, eating the last of the delicious flan stuff sullenly.

“Shall I take that dramatic little outburst to mean you relent?” Sesshomaru asked. Inuyasha just snorted. “Very good, I knew you could see reason.” Sesshomaru chuckled. Inuyasha rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, trying to tuck his hands into his sleeves, oh how he missed his fire rat robes. Staring at his brother Inuyasha just wanted to throw something at his head, stupid, smug, intelligent bastard….

Sesshomaru drained hi glass one last time before setting the container down and pushing it away from him. Inuyasha noticed that Sesshomaru had finished off the bottle while they had been talking.

“You really did drink it all.” Inuyasha mumbled.

“Yes. However I am not drunk so still any comments you may be wanting to launch.” Sesshomaru said, stopping him before he could even start. Crap…..well as much as Inuyasha liked getting on Sesshomaru’s nerves he wasn’t sure if he wanted to see a drunken Sesshomaru anyway, considering how nasty a sober Sesshomaru could be and somehow Inuyasha couldn’t picture Sesshomaru being a happy, huggy drunk like some humans were. But hell…Inuyasha could picture Sesshomaru even laughing, really laughing.

As he thought about all Sesshomaru had just told him and started to think about how he wanted to go about it all he realized something.

“How come you’re doing all this yourself?” he asked. He’d never though Sesshomaru was much of the touring type and the older Inu had made it known how he felt about being around Inuyasha years ago, it all seemed odd.

“Hmmm?” Sesshomaru grunted.

“How come you’re doing all this escorting me around? Figured you would just dump me off one someone else.” Inuyasha repeated.

“Why not do it myself?” Sesshomaru asked. Damn it! Inuyasha hated when someone answered a question with another fucking question.

“Well there is that whole you hating me issue.” Inuyasha snapped. For one brief moment Inuyasha could have swore he saw anguish fill Sesshomaru’s eyes before his brother blinked and his eyes behind hi hair.

“I….feel…it would be best….should I take these duties upon myself. Also when we finally face the other two Lords we will need to be united, so it is best if adjust to each others presence in advance.” Sesshomaru replied. Sounded reasonable, had it been anyone else saying it that is, but something rang hollow about it. What was going on with Sesshomaru? He had almost been an entirely different person ever since they left the southern lands. A part of him wanted to think that maybe Sesshomaru was changing, that maybe at long last he would be accepted by his brother. But Inuyasha refused to let such hope take root inside of him, that ship had sailed long ago.

Inuyasha wasn’t sure what else to say but Retsu soon burst back into the room, saving him from having to try. The chef was grumbling about some -damn moron- but seemed to make an effort to become more pleasant once he reached the table. Quickly he collected up their dishes.

“Will there be anything else?” Retsu asked.

“No I think that will be all.” Sesshomaru said before looking at Inuyasha, the hanyo simply nodded. “It was exquisite as always Retsu.” Sesshomaru said.

“So very glad you enjoyed it Lord Sesshomaru.” Retsu said, a bit of a blush rising up in his cheeks. Then he turned his gaze upon Inuyasha, a slightly expectant looking in his eyes. Shit…was he supposed to say something? His mother had taught him a little bit of edict but that had been over a hundred years ago! Fuck, fuck, fuck! Uhh….what had always made Kagome happy?

“Um…thanks, I….aspirate the effort…you put into it so late at night.” Inuyasha fumbled feebly. There that sounded good didn’t it? He didn’t want to piss the guy off if he was where the good was coming from, might do something icky to whatever Inuyasha ate and all Inuyasha could think of is how shitty Kagome got when she felt that he wasn’t thankful for everything she did.

“Oh….your welcome.” Retsu replied sounding disappointed, his ears where actually drooping slightly, come to think of it, Retsu’s ears looked a lot like Inuyashas only on side of his head not the top. But he wasn’t a hanyo was he? He had demon markings, something Inuyasha didn’t have. Quickly Inuyasha got up out of his chair, gently picking Shippo up and into his arms, the kit tossed slightly and mumbled something about tot wanting to eat the green stuff.

“Sooo…uh…to the bedroom right?” Inuyasha muttered. Sesshomaru looked at him for a moment and then nodded as he rose from his chair, stretching lightly Sesshomaru then made his way over to Inuyasha’s side.

“Good night then my Lords.” Retsu said as he walked back into the kitchen.

“Come.” Sesshomaru said as he headed for a door, a different one then the one Inuyasha and Atrius had come through. Inuyasha just watched Sesshomarus back as he followed him, he had to admit he was a little tired, not that he needed to sleep, it was more of a desire just to rest for a little while without anything happening. Still….sleep did sound nice but would he even be able to fall asleep here? The entire castle smelled of Inu….which made Inuyasha feel…different, but Sesshomarus scent was easily distinguishable from the general Inu scent and Sesshomaru’s scent was one that he had trained himself to instantly awaken should it reach him.

“Didn’t stop you from falling asleep right in his lap not to long ago.” Inu-Youki pointed out.

“Oh that doesn’t count at all…he was touching that chest mark!” Inuyasha thought.

“And you slept with him all curled up around you.” Inu-Youki teased. “Wasn’t touching the mark then.”

“And I woke up didn’t I? It was that weird purring crap that made me fall back asleep.”
Inuyasha fired back. The sounds of a door opening drew Inuyasha away from his internal argument. Sesshomaru jerked his head towards the open door behind him. “You first.” Inuyasha said, he did not want Sesshomaru behind him. The older Inu shook his head in exasperation before stepping into the room, slowly Inuyasha followed him inside. The room was dark but Inuyasha could see just well enough to make out the general layout of the room and he was somewhat annoyed at the size. Was every room in this place bigger then any place he’d ever been able to stay in before? Sesshomaru gestured towards the bed and it was so not a kid’s bed….you could easily fit two full grown adults in the bed if not more. Reluctantly Inuyasha placed Shippo in the bed, laying his little head gently down on the pillow, and tucked the furs that covered the bed around the fox. “This had better not turn out to be a bad move….” Inuyasha thought as he turned around. Sesshomaru had already left the room and Inuyasha could hear him talking to someone, though he couldn’t quite make out what was being said. Making his way to the doorway Inuyasha looked back one more time at the sleeping kitsune before closing the door behind him.

Spotting Sesshomaru and another demon talking a few feet away Inuyasha stomped his way over, if this was the so call guard then he had a few words he wanted to say.

“So you understand then?” Sesshomaru asked.

“I will not let you down sir.” The guard, looked like some kind of moth demon, replied. Sesshomaru turned to face Inuyasha waved for him to follow. Well Inuyasha wasn’t sure what kind of orders Sesshomaru might have deliver but he had a few of his own the guy had damn well understand. As he was about to pass the demon Inuyasha paused for a second, tilting his head to the side to glare at the man he whipped his hand out, snagging the demon around the throat and shoved him back, driving him into the wall. Leaning his face in only a few inches away from the guards Inuyasha bared his teeth menacingly.

“Now I’m not sure what Sesshomaru might have said but I want this understood. If something happens to the kit then something real bad happens to you.” Inuyasha threatened. Instead of fighting back, or even attempting to cry out for help the guard merely stared at Inuyasha with serious eyes and nodded the best he could.

“Yes sir. I understand.” He said. That actually threw Inuyasha a little but for all he knew the guard could be very used to this sort of thing. After all Sesshomaru had hauled him up by the neck more times then Inuyasha could count, so who was to say he was the only one Sesshomaru gave such treatment to? Releasing the mans throat Inuyasha growled.

“You’d better.” And then stomped off towards his half-brother. Nodding to the guard Sesshomaru soon took the lead once more and after they had turned a corner Sesshomaru spoke.

“That was not necessary Inuyasha. I had fully explained the situation.” Inuyasha snorted.

“You were talking to soft for me to really understand what was being said. Besides sometimes you have to make sure are done yourself. I meant that to you know….if Shippo is hurt I will kill that man and any others that get in my way and depending on the seriousness of the injury I might just kill them all…” He meant that too…if he found Shippo dead then EVERYONE was going to have hell to pay.

“First off I was keeping my voice hushed because there are more then a few of my servants asleep on this wing. Secondly you do not have to threaten so much. I understand your point and can even support it to an extent. But I must ask why you feel you would need to kill those who had nothing to do wit it. Those like Atrius for example.” Sesshomaru said.

“Wouldn’t you?” Inuyasha shot back.

“No I would only punish the responsible parties. Your suggestion is unreasonable and slightly psychotic. Not to mention mass killing sprees do not exactly inspire loyalty among the people.” Sesshomaru answered.

“Reasonable and sane, two things I’ve never found you to be.” Inuyasha muttered. He hadn’t meant for Sesshomaru to hear him, but for the briefest of moments Sesshomaru’s whole body locked and Inuyasha could have swore he heard a faint noise slip past his brothers lips. But that, just like the look in Sesshomaru’s eyes form before, happened so quickly that Inuyasha had to wonder if it had actually happened or if it, and the look, had been some sort of fucked up inner wishful thinking on his part.

“Here we are.” Sesshomaru said softly as he stopped in front of an ordinate red door. Why the hell would a door be so fancy looking? Sesshomaru then turned placing his back on the wall next to the door, facing Inuyasha.

“Enter little brother.” Sesshomaru said motioning towards the door.

“If you think that I am going to give you my back Sesshomaru you’ve got another think coming. I’m not giving you the chance to stick your fucking claws through my back and out my stomach again.” Inuyasha growled. Sesshomaru just sighed, had Inuyasha ever heard his brother make such a despondent noise before? And so many times?

“I am not going to attack you Inuyasha, I simply thought that you would like to be the first one in your room.” Sesshomaru stated.

“Why would waking into some guest room be such a big deal to me?” Inuyasha mocked. Seriously….was that really wine or did Sesshomaru just drink a whole bottle of stupid?

“Because it is not some simple guest room, as you call it. It is your room.” Sesshomaru tried to explain.

“Big deal, you’ve thrown some stuff in a room and called it mine. I’m still not-” Inuyasha started.

“It has always been your room.” Sesshomaru interrupted firmly. “Father made it before you were born. He made it explicitly for you.” Inuyasha breath caught in his throat for a moment. “The bed, the furniture and more, all of it placed within this room by father and a good majority of it made for you by father.” Sesshomaru continued. For…him? Hand made?

“Wait you….you said the room was made for me?” Inuyasha asked softly. How do you -make- a room? Especially in a place made out of stone….

Sesshomaru nodded.

“Originally there was nothing here, just a very thick wall, the castle is enormous as I am sure you have noticed but I highly doubt if even half of the available space is being used. Father got it into his head that none of the existing rooms were good enough. So he plotted this space out, and once he figured out it was simply what you might call -filler- and began carving.” Sesshomaru said. A lump formed inside of Inuyasha throat and he had a slight difficulty in swallowing it back down.

“All by himself?” Inuyasha whispered.

“Yes. Oh he did have a few helpers, but I would say about ninety percent of it was done by Father. Carving, sculpting, wood and stone work and even painting were something of hobbies to him and he always believed that it meant more for him to do it himself, though I think he just liked to do it in any case. Some fathers might make you a bookshelf or a pair of boots. Inu-Taisho was well known for going over the top once he got excited about something. He did the very same for my room….I….I remember him teasing me once as a child, about all the hard work he had put into it only for me to have my things scattered all over. I must confess though….I have never set foot into your chambers before.” Sesshomaru said. Inuyasha took a step forward and placed a hand on the door, running his fingers over the intricate designs.

It looked as if a massive pack of Inu had been carved into the wood, looking more carefully Inuyasha realized that all of the Inu were on a giant mountain, some alone, some in groups, the detail was startling….

It was then he noticed a name carved into the center of the door…..his name.

INUYASHA

Something inside of Inuyasha pulsed as his eyes ran over the characters the comprised his name and the tug in his heart pulled so hard that it took nearly all of his will to push it away once more. Firmly he pressed at the door, it opened and he stepped inside. The room was huge, there was a large bed over in one corner with four posts raising high on each corner and deed purple silk hung down from them, hiding the bed from view. There was a desk against the wall opposite the bed, it to was large with a multitude of drawers and a big empty bookcase on top of the desk. There was even a chair pushed into its resting place beneath the desk, but not just an ordinary chair, it looked as if it had cushions on the seat, back and arm rests. As with the other parts of the castle the room was bathed in a soft light, but Inuyasha wished that it was a bit brighter so that he could see better.

Amazingly the light did seem to grow brighter as he thought about it, did his eyes grow more accustomed to the dark, or did the light actually grow? Before Inuyasha could continue down that vein of thought he noticed the walls of the room. Murals had been carved into the stone and then realistically painted. Inuyasha himself didn’t know much about such things but even he could tell that it had to of been a painstaking process. Inu were everywhere, a different story on each little panel. Inu playing, Inu hunting, Inu sleeping, there was all of this and more. A wave of emotion washed over Inuyasha and he tore his eyes away form the walls to keep it from overwhelming him. Instead he placed his eyes upon the ceiling only to find yet another carving.

A giant white Inu, much like Sesshomaru’s true form only much….bigger looking. He wasn’t sure why he thought that but it just looked like this Inu was…thicker, like it had even more muscle, more size, and more power.

“Father.” Sesshomaru whispered causing Inuyasha to whirl around to face him, he hadn’t even realized his brother had entered the room…and what was worse he didn’t even realize that he had giving Sesshomaru his back. He wanted to yell, to get angry, especially for putting his life in danger like that, Sesshomaru could have killed him, and Inuyasha was a little surprised he hadn’t gone for something, but instead of all of that a question slipped past his lips instead.

“You mean….?” Sesshomaru smiled softly, the corners of his mouth just barely moving upward…but they did.

“Father decided to carve a portrait of himself on the ceiling as you can see, so that you would always know he was watching over you.” Sesshomaru explained. Wetness seemed to rush into Inuyasha’s eyes and he drew on all of his rage at the emotions that welled up within him.

For you see, although Inuyasha wasn’t sure what dwelled at the center of most people, but he did know what was at the center of his being.

A bottomless pit of ever bubbling, always churning, raw white hot rage. He wasn’t sure exactly when it had arrived, he knew his mother’s death did a great deal to fill it up, but it was always there, always waiting. And while it may have made him a liability is most social situations, it also gave him a never ending source in which to fuel his strength, because the sad fact was his body would give out long before his rage did.

And he would not cry! Not in front of Sesshomaru, he would not like his asshole sibling have that satisfaction. Turning away from Sesshomaru Inuyasha pretended to cough only to quickly wipe his sleeve at his eyes to rid them of any unwanted wetness. But when he lowered his arms he spotted another door at the far side of the room. Odd….where there two ways into this place? Turning his head Inuyasha was about to ask Sesshomaru when he saw that there was yet another door on the other side of the room opposite the one he just found.

“They lead to your private bath and training rooms respectively.” Sesshomaru enlightened.

“Wait…you mean there are more rooms then this one?” Inuyasha gasped.

“Of course.” Sesshomaru replied as if it were the most normal thing in the room. Like who didn’t have multiple rooms just to themselves?

“Did father make these too?” Inuyasha whispered.

“Yes and the bath may be the most impressive, I have never seen it but considering the amount of detail he put into my own I would expect he did no less for yours.” Sesshomaru said. Inuyasha’s mind reeled, he had gone his entire life with nearly nothing to his name and now he was told he had at least three rooms made almost entirely by hand by one person just for him. On the wall opposite of the way they came in there were a set of double doors, but the looked different from the other doors, more ornamental and not as sturdy looking. Where there four rooms?

“So where does that go?” Inuyasha asked, pointing at the newly discovered doors.

“That leads to the balcony.” Sesshomaru answered as he walked over to them, pushing them open. A cool gentle breeze flitted into the room and carried on that breeze was the most wonderful scent, a multitude of flowers that his nose was just delighted to sift though, cool clean water, and the rich smell of tilled earth. “Come.” Sesshomaru said as he walked outside, curiosity got the better of Inuyasha and he followed and once outside was absolutely stunned. The balcony itself was nothing special, there was room for a few people and he could probably put a chair and a small table out here. There was also a slopped overhanging to keep out the rain and the snow. It was all very nice however it was what the balcony overlooked that stole his breath away.

It was the largest garden he had ever seen and even though it was dark he could see a multitude of different colored flowers, reds dominated the landscape but there were also whites, yellows, oranges, purples and the lush green of trees. They appeared to form some sort of shape, but it was to dark for him to adequately make it out. There was also some type of fountain statue in the center and Inuyasha could just make out the soft sound of flowing water.

“There had originally just been an empty lot, occasionally used for outdoor storage, but father had it converted into what you see now, he thought that the sights and scents would be good for you, so you had something to look upon and that it would give the air a much more pleasant tint.” Sesshomaru explained and although Inuyasha was not looking at Sesshomaru he could hear the smile in his voice.

“Do you have a garden like this too?” Inuyasha asked, this voice thick.

“Yes, the layout and color scheme are different from yours however. Yours possesses a great majority of red roses, mine likewise possesses white.” Sesshomaru answered. “Father liked red for you.” Inuyasha’s chest began to ache.

“Why are you showing me all of this?” He asked.

“Father went to a great deal of trouble for all of this, I thought it deserved use after all this time. I understand that you have almost no memories of father…so I wanted to show you the extent that he loved you.” Sesshomaru whispered. Inuyasha’s head whipped around to stare at Sesshomaru so fast he was surprised he didn’t break his own next. He couldn’t believe Sesshomaru just said that….Sesshomaru would NEVER say anything like that.

But he just did….didn’t he?

“I never even met him.” Inuyasha lamented. He felt so…weird…so calm. He knew he should be fighting, yelling at Sesshomaru, but it was almost as if his body decided he didn’t have that option, oh he had the will to do it, but it was if something was curbing it.

“You did once, but you were far too young to remember.” Sesshomaru said, his voice so soft, so gentle so…..not Sesshomaru. Yes mother had told him how his father had saved them from death in that burning castle.

“Tell me he didn’t make this too.” Inuyasha whispered.

“He drew up the plot, and oversaw the design and construction but no he did not actually plant any o fit. Father did have many talents but a green thumb was not one of them.” Sesshomaru answered, a bit of amusement in his voice. Probably a funny story that was attached to that or something. Inuyasha did not reply but in a way he was glad, he wasn’t sure how much more he could take. Gratitude wasn’t even a good way to describe it, it was so much more, so much deeper. He didn’t even know the word to describe how he felt right now.

He had always liked gardens, his mother had a little one when he was still a child. He had to admit though, it wasn’t watching the plants grow that he liked, nor was it the brilliant colors that dazzled the eye that he enjoyed. It was the smells, he suspected his Inu blood had something to do with it but he had always enjoyed sorting though the different spectrums of scent. It brought him something akin to pleasure. Before his mother died he used to lay on his back surrounded by her flowers and spend hours just picking though the different scents, sometimes it would bring such sensation to his little nose that he would writhe a little, his hands and feet clawing lightly at the air and his mother would laugh then, such a beautiful sound, and she would come over and tickle his belly, he would laugh and kick and she would play with him and when he could finally laugh no more she would pull him in to her arms and hold him. Those were the happiest times of his life….

How long ago had that been? How long since he had been so happy, so safe?

Emotion surged up from within him, a collage of all the positive the recent exploring of his room brought him mixing with all the negative that his memories held, causing his body to quiver. Fuck….he was going to break down, he could just feel it.

“I need you to leave….” Inuyasha whispered hoarsely.

“Inuyasha?” Sesshomaru puzzled. The first shuddering breath left Inuyasha, it was just too much, seeing everything he had been denied, he and his mother should have been taken care of, she never should have gotten sick, never should have died. He had never met his father but how he ached for the man, he would have been loved. His father not only etched and carved such beauty, just for him, he had imprinted his feelings into the room and Inuyasha could feel them, Inu-Taisho had imbued the room with raw love, and Inuyasha could feel that, he didn’t know how but he could feel it, pressing in on him on all sides, like a warm soft blanket.

“Go!” Inuyasha snapped. Please just for once let Sesshomaru do something he asked, just to leave him in peace, give him time to mourn for he had been lost….and what could have been.

“I can smell them Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru said causing Inuyasha to turn to face him, the hanyo was confused, smell what? The flowers? “Your tears…I can smell them.”

“Oh fuck off…I’m not crying you dumbass.” Inuyasha growled, but his voice lacked even a hint of the steel he had been trying for. Sesshomaru’s hand came up to his cheek with one finger gliding along it and when he drew it away Inuyasha could see a sparkling drop of water.

“You do not need to hold it in little brother. I will not mock you, I am here for you to lean upon. I offer what comfort I can give.” Sesshomaru told him honestly.

And a long time ago Inuyasha would have been ecstatic, would have thrown himself into his brother’s arms and wept. But that was a very…very long time ago, before the deathly cold and the screaming hunger, before the insults and abuse. Now it just served to enrage him, the person most responsible for his suffering now pretending to care? HA!

The pit deep inside him churned and erupted, spewing out its contents, mixing with his sadness, bring his mind and heart to a fever pitch. Snarling he shoved Sesshomaru back, sending the demon Lord stumbling though the balcony door.

“You pus sucking, shit licking, pig fucking, heartless, honor less, dickless son of a bitch!!!” Inuyasha roared before he threw himself at Sesshomaru, driving his shoulder into Sesshomaru’s gut with all his might, the impact once again heaving Sesshomaru up onto his shoulder as he charged for the wall. Ohhhhh he was going to put the fucker right though that wall! And every single one after that! Break his fucking back! Make him scream!

“Inuyasha stop!” Sesshomaru ordered as he tried to wrench himself free. Locking his grip even tighter Inuyasha plowed forward, moments before impact however Inuyasha caught sight of the mural on the wall that he was about to drive Sesshomaru into. It was two Inu playing in a field, one was pure white, and the other had more of a red tint. While most of the others had been carved right into the wall, this one had simply been painted. Which although did not afford the mural the same longevity, time would eventually fade the paint, it did allow for much greater detail and just the sight of it caused Inuyasha to halt his charge, It looked to be a golden field of wheat blowing gently in the breeze on a warm summers day. The white Inu was larger, much more regal looking, its stance much more calculated, the red one was smaller but appeared much more energetic, its body language displaying unpredictability. Gee…who did that remind him of? If Inuyasha had any doubt to who the two were supposed to be the name plate above the painting sealed it.

Brothers

Is that how father had thought they would be? How he hoped they would be?

Using Inuyasha’s momentary paused Sesshomaru managed to tear himself free, vaulting over his little brother, wrapping his legs around Inuyashas body thereby pinning his arms at his sides, as Sesshomaru came down behind him. The added weight caused Inuyasha to stumble back, instinctively trying to regain his balance but Sesshomaru’s tail curled around his legs, yanking them out from under him sending him crashing down on his ass. The next thing Inuyasha knew Sesshomaru’s tail was curling around them, pressing Inuyasha tight against Sesshomaru’s chest, further trapping him. It all happened so fast that Inuyasha barely had time to think. But soon his mind focused, still brimming with the urge to hurt Sesshomaru. He tried to thrash, to free himself but it was no use, he was being held to tight.

He twisted his head around, trying to turn just enough to bite Sesshomaru when the elder Inu’s arm curled around his neck and soon enough Inuyasha found his throat resting against the crook of Sesshomaru’s elbow and bicep, with his forearm going up the side of his head, pressing tight against his and temple and he could feel Sesshomaru’s hand curled in his hair. Inuyasha froze, he knew he was in real deep shit now, Sesshomaru could tear his throat out or break his neck. His mind worked furiously, trying to find an escape to his current predicament, desperately he kicked with his feet, trying to move, trying to stand up, but he found that all he could do was scoot them backwards.

“Stop…please just stop.” Sesshomaru whispered into his ear. What did he mean by that? Did he really think Inuyasha would just hold still and wait to be killed? Granted….it wasn’t like he could do anything and oddly enough Sesshomaru wasn’t actually hurting him. Sesshomaru’s fingers began to run though Inuyasha’s hair, massaging the little bit of scalp that Sesshomaru could reach with just the use of his wrist. It felt good….

At that Inuyasha did still for a moment, utterly confused. Sesshomaru’s grip upon his body never loosened but for the next few minutes all they did was sit there upon the floor in silence, only the soft sounds of their breathing filling the air while Sesshomaru’s fingers continued to play in Inuyasha’s hair.

“What have I done now Inuyasha? How have I upset you this time?” Sesshomaru asked softly. He sounded sad, he sounded tired.

“Look at the painting on the wall..” Inuyasha growled.

“The brothers…” Sesshomaru responded.

“Funny isn’t it….did he actually think we’d be like that? Well…maybe we would, guess we will never know.” Inuyasha whispered.

“Inuyasha…” Sesshomaru began.

“After everything that has happened to me. Now I see all of this, all you had to do was leave, that’s all I wanted, a little time to myself. But you had to go and open you stupid mouth. Who are you to offer me comfort!? When you’re the reason I’m hurting inside so fucking much!” Inuyasha accused.

“I….I just wanted to help.” Sesshomaru said, his voice barely above a whisper. Inuyasha felt Sesshomaru tremble at his back. What the..?…“I do not….want to fight with you anymore little brother. I want this blood feud between us to be over. As far as I am concerned it IS over.” For a brief moment everything inside of Inuyasha froze, he wanted to believe…gods he wanted to believe…

“What are you talking about?” He asked, it wasn’t that he didn’t understand what Sesshomaru said he just…couldn’t comprehend it. Since he was small Sesshomaru had told him over and over that he would kill him one day and now this?

“No more violence, no more blood, no more pain. I can not do this anymore….I don’t want to do this. I don’t want to fight. Its over…please…let it be over.” Sesshomaru reiterated.

“Let it be over! Asshole you’re the one who started it in the first place!! You always are the one to start it! You think you can just say -stop- and it’s all over? That I’m just going to forget everything that you’ve done!” Inuyasha raged.

“If I am the one to start it, isn’t it only proper that I also end it?” Sesshomaru asked.

“Fuck you. This is a bunch of bullshit…your up to something and I damn sure don’t trust you.” Inuyasha snapped.

“He sounds sincere….maybe he really is telling the truth, maybe he is finally going to accept us?” Inu-Youki whispered.

Yeah….and soon Naraku was going to open an orphanage and dedicate his life to taking care of the needy.

“Inuyasha….” Sesshomaru sighed. “Very well…let us think logically. I could kill you right this very moment. In at least three different ways and yet all I am doing is preventing you from attacking me out of that easily provoked anger of yours. If I am so untrustworthy then why are you still alive? Why have I not torn your throat out? Broken your neck? Why do I not tighten my arm and cut off your air?” Inuyasha shuddered involuntarily. Gods that would be a horrible way to die, trapped, unable to do anything about it. It would be slow too, it was one way Inuyasha never wanted to die, being strangled or drowned. Trying to breathe but unable to….the stuff of nightmares.

“Because you need me.” Inuyasha replied, trying to the bit of fear that squirmed within him.

“A true statement. However you have proven that you are difficult to kill, thus making this situation a chance that very well could never reappear.” Sesshomaru said. “Why do I not take it?”

Fuck….Inuyasha didn’t have an answer to that.

“I don’t get you….I really don’t” Inuyasha muttered.

“Time will perhaps change that. It occurs to me that this is the second time you have preformed this shoulder block charge.” Sesshomaru said. Strange change of subject, but considering the fact that Inuyasha still could not move and Sesshomaru’s fingers were starting to make there way towards his ears, perhaps he did need a distraction.

“It works. Nailed you twice.” Inuyasha replied defiantly.

“The first time you caught me by surprise I must admit, but this second time succeeded only because I allowed it.” Sesshomaru said. Smug asshole….

“Oh? And just why would you do that, getting your sparkling pretty ass messed up never was your style.” Inuyasha snapped.

“Simple, all of my options would have left you maimed or dead, and I do not wish that.” Sesshomaru replied.

“Oh I see and I suppose that would happen because you’re just so fucking great right?” Inuyasha snarled.

“Well…this Sesshomaru is an excellent warrior. However in this case it’s simply your poor style being factored in.” Sesshomaru said, for some reason it almost sounded like Sesshomaru was teasing him. Inuyasha wanted to yell but Sesshomaru’s fingers suddenly began to play lightly upon his right ear and he was forced to close his mouth for a moment to keep any embarrassing sounds from slipping out.

“Now this is what I’m talking about…not the position I would have liked but I am liking the path that that hand is starting down.” Inu-Youki rumbled.

Gods don’t start now….

“So if you’re done talking yourself up you egomaniac then why don’t you tell me just what is so poor about how I fight, because you know, you know I’ve left your ass laying not once but twice.” Inuyasha managed to spit out, his voice only slightly shaky.

“Yes and both times you were able to do something I did not expect. All of our other confrontations have not gone well for you Inuyasha. More to the point what is wrong with your style is that you rely far too much upon your physical strength, you focus solely on overwhelming your opponent.” Sesshomaru informed.

“Yeah? So what? Surly its better to be stronger then the guy you’re fighting.” Inuyasha argued.

“Indeed however you seem to struggle greatly against anyone whose strength surpasses your own. Does anyone come to mind?” Sesshomaru retorted. “Its something we will need to correct.”

That….

But…..

Son of a bitch…

“I really hate it when you’re right you know . I want you to know how much I hate that.” Inuyasha grumped. Sesshomaru actually chuckled, the movement of his chest sending a pleasant thrill down Inuyasha’s spine. He would have asked if Sesshomaru would be so kind as to let him go when he felt hot breath on his ear, as it would seem Sesshomaru’s mouth was getting very close to it.

“Oh no…” Inuyasha thought.

“Oh yes!” Inu-Youki cheered.

“Uh…Sesshomaru…my ear..” Inuyasha fumbled.

“Hmm?…Yes what about it?” Sesshomaru asked. Inuyasha shivered as Sesshomaru’s lips lightly touched the bass of his ear.

“Well….mouth….lips…on….ear̷ 0;.stop…please?” Inuyasha squeaked.

“You’ll have to speak clearer little brother. Even my ears cannot understand what you just attempted to say.” Sesshomaru whispered, just as calm as you please, though he did sound a little hazy…

Inuyasha would have liked to have been clearer, but as Sesshomaru’s oh so soft, moist tongue began to trace the edges of his ear he found himself unable to properly vocalize himself. He felt weird again to…that -you’re missing something- feeling was back.

Slowly Sesshomaru’s tongue traveled from the base of Inuyasha’s right ear to the very tip. Inuyasha felt Sesshomaru’s head rise and he knew right then what was about to happen.

“My ear is about to be in your mouth!!” Inuyasha managed to gasp out.

“Wha?….well so it is….I….ahem…” Sesshomaru fumbled, sounding just how Inuyasha felt as his head pulled away from Inuyashas ear, much to the hanyo’s relief.

“DAMMMMN IT!!” Sess-Youki and Inu-Youki yelled within their respective ‘owners’ heads.

An awkward silence filled the air, the two Inu both unsure of what to say, unsure of what just happened.

“If…if I release you, do you intend to attack me? I would ask that you do not, if not for my own safety then for the safety of your chambers. A battle between us would utterly destroy all of Fathers hard work and I do not wish to see such effort go to waste.” Sesshomaru said, breaking the silence. It seems his older brother didn’t want to acknowledge what had just happened, well that suited him just fine.

“I wouldn’t either, so I guess I’ll let you off the hook. I’m not really all that mad anymore anyway.” Inuyasha answered. Sesshomaru made a skeptical noise but slowly his tail began to unwind around them. Soon it was off him completely and Sesshomaru unlocked his legs from around Inuyasha body, springing to his feet without so much as a noise. Inuyasha rolled over, rubbing his arms lightly, Sesshomaru’s legs had cut off the blood flow and now they were all tingly, and stood up. Inuyasha looked over at the spot Sesshomaru had stood at, only to find it empty, scanning the room he quickly located the Lord of the West standing over by the bed, Sesshomaru had pulled the purple material to the side, giving Inuyasha a chance to see the bed itself. There appeared to be a set of clothing on the bed and Inuyasha’s curiosity drew him closer. The bed itself was huge…not king size….not even double king….hell Orgy size was the only way Inuyasha could describe it. What had Father thought he would need so much room for? Sesshomaru gestured towards the clothing and said.

“For you.” Inuyasha took a step closer and closed his fingers around the shirt. It was thin and soft and certainly wouldn’t offer much protection. “They are to sleep in.” Sesshomaru said, answering Inuyashas unspoken question. “You certainly can not sleep in what you wear now, a borrow shirt and the bottom half of your fire rat robes. Clothing will be ready for you when you awaken, it may not be the best fit however, until we can have you properly fitted by a tailor.”

“Well then where did these come from?” Inuyasha asked raising the clothing to eye level.

“They are mine…I should think they would do for now.” Sesshomaru said. Hey hand-me-downs! Inuyasha had always heard about little brothers getting stuck with these, although they smelled like Sesshomaru they certainly did not seem well worn. For a few moments Inuyasha simply looked at Sesshomaru, hoping the elder Inu would get the hint. Sesshomaru however just stared back. “You may change.” He said. Inuyasha resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

“A little fucking privacy maybe?” He snapped. Sesshomaru gave Inuyasha a flat look, but stepped back only to reach up and twist something, allowing the thick material to fall back down, separating the two of them. It was then Inuyasha noticed that he had at least 3 three feet between the curtain and the bed. Inuyasha could still see the outline of Sesshomaru, but the other Inu turned and appeared to walk over to one of the walls as if to look at something.

“He’s seen it you know and he has held it inside him, why bother with modesty now?” Inu-Youki asked.

“Its…it’s the principal of the thing so shut up!” Inuyasha retorted. Removing Tessaiga from his side Inuyasha place his blade on the bed, swiftly shedding his clothing. The new set was a light blue, with little red designs on them, they almost reminded Inuyasha of the design on Sesshomaru’s shirt, only smaller and more like waves. The new clothing felt cool and soft against his skin, much different from what he was used to, it seemed to flow around him.

“Finished?” Sesshomaru suddenly asked.

“Yeah…” Inuyasha muttered. The dark material once again was lifted and Sesshomaru stepped though, only to release it behind him once again. A small gasp escaped from Sesshomaru and Inuyasha set his eyes upon Sesshomaru. “What?” The hanyo grumped.

“You look…..very….nice.” Sesshomaru said sounding very un-Sesshomaru like and somehow Inuyasha just knew that -nice- was NOT the word Sesshomaru had been about to say. Shrugging it off Inuyasha tossed Sesshomaru shirt at him, which Sesshomaru simply tossed to the side once caught. Hmmm…not what Inuyasha thought he would do to something that belong to him. Sesshomaru then held out his hand once more. “The rest please.” Well the only thing he had left was his sword and the remnants of his fire rat robes. He was simply going to have to go back to those cliffs and try to find them. “They need to be cleaned little brother.”

“They stay with me.” Inuyasha growled.

“Inuyasha….I am only going to have the filth cleaned off of them, which they could use a hundred times over. They will be returned to you if you wish.” Sesshomaru informed.

“No. They stay with me.” Inuyasha repeated.

“You are being needlessly stubborn over something childish Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru chided.

“Says you, these are all I have in the world, and I’m not giving them to anyone. I wouldn’t expect you to understand, but my clothes and my sword are all that belong to me in this world.” Inuyasha snapped. To his surprise Sesshomaru’s face soften and he nodded, only to spot Tessaiga lying on the bed, in one quick movement Sesshomaru scooped the sword up, apparently being able to touch the scabbard but not the hilt, and began walking around to the other side of the bed.

“HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK-” Inuyasha roared. Only to have Sesshomaru stop and place the blade on some sort of rack in the headboard of the bed, within easy reach and apparently made for just such use.

“Relax Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru said. Well damn it Sesshomaru had tried to steal his Tessaiga on more then one occasion, what was he supposed to think? “Are you going to stand next to your bed all night?” Sesshomaru asked.

“Why do you ask…you gonna tuck me in or something?” Inuyasha responded.

“Do you want me to?” Sesshomaru teased causing Inuyasha to growl.

“No!” He spat but he did pull the furs back and slid into the bed. It was soft and seemed to mold around Inuyasha as he crawled towards the middle, why was this damn thing so big? Still…Inuyasha couldn’t help but wonder what it would feel like on his back. Years of sleeping in trees and wherever he could find tended to make him rather sore and Kagome’s sits had not helped the situation. Inuyasha wasn’t about to say he had a back problem but…hell close enough.

Finally reaching the center of the bed Inuyasha moved to sit cross legged, his back resting against the head board because despite what Sesshomaru had said he still wasn’t comfortable with laying flat on his back around his brother. To defenseless a position for his taste. Closing his eyes for a second Inuyasha let a few past events flow though his mind, trying to decipher them. He was totally unprepared for any of this, he was used to being out in the wild, fight for his survival. Now he was going to have to try to sweet talk a couple of pampered Lords in order to convince them he hadn’t murdered Nefrume all so they wouldn’t try to bring the hammer down on his ass. He couldn’t believe he was wanting it, but he had to pray that Sesshomaru would be in excellent form for the event. He hated that he was going to have to rely on his brother’s help. Just as all of this was running through his head he felt the bed dip near him, a weight settling upon it, opening his eyes he found that Sesshomaru had sat himself down only a few feet away from him. As before he wasn’t used to seeing Sesshomaru sit himself down but even stranger was how Sesshomaru was sitting. With his right shoulder facing Inuyasha Sesshomaru’s head was down, his hair spilling around him, his back was arched forward slightly, his shoulders a tad slumped and to top it off he was holding his head in his hand, his fingers curling around his temples. It was a very sullen look, one that Inuyasha had never seen from Sesshomaru. Part of Inuyasha wanted to know what was wrong, what could possibly driven his proud asshole brother into such a state, another part of him wanted to crawl over to Sesshomaru, to wrap his arms around him and pull him tight against his chest and the rest of him wanted to beat those other parts over the head.

“Did I say you could sit on my bed?” Inuyasha asked. He honestly wasn’t sure if he could consider it his, but he wanted to see how Sesshomaru would react. Sesshomaru only scoffed, his body slumping a little more.

“No. No you didn’t. Shall I stand?” Sesshomaru replied. Well that wasn’t what he had expected.

“Would you if I said to?” Inuyasha asked.

“Yes, if that was what you truly wanted.” Sesshomaru answered. Huh…somehow he doubted that but for some reason he didn’t feel the urge to find out. Sesshomaru did sound sincere, then again who knows what kind of sweet talker Sesshomaru might really be, though he had never been one to try such a thing on Inuyasha.

“Eh…I guess you can stay…but why are you sitting….don’t tell me there is more we need to go over.” Inuyasha muttered.

“I wish…to…talk.” Sesshomaru forced out, his voice thick and strained.

“What could you possibly want to talk about now? We just damn near had a fight right in this room and you want to talk now? Can’t it wait till tomorrow? I just want this day to end.” Inuyasha groaned. Inuyasha watched as Sesshomaru’s remaining arm curled around himself, his tail slipping around his shoulder and resting on his lap. It took Inuyasha a few minutes, he couldn’t believe his eyes, but it really looked like Sesshomaru was holding himself!

“That is soooo totally not like him at all. I’m starting to think something really is wrong with him.” Inu-Youki supplied. Sesshomaru had always been unassailable, untouchable and yet now it appeared he was showing genuine emotion. Or was this merely for Inuyashas benefit?

“I do understand that and I wholeheartedly agree. But I simply must…I have to….I am…I am choking on things unsaid little brother. I can not hold all of this inside of me for much longer.” Sesshomaru whispered.

“Hold what inside you? What…what are you talking about?” Inuyasha asked, he didn’t want to say he was concerned but he was curious.

“How…how do I say this? How do I even begin? I….know not the words….” Sesshomaru bemoaned. Slowly the demon Lord cocked his head to the side to look at Inuyasha. “You really are not angry anymore are you?” Well that was a quick change.

“No…not right now..” Inuyasha confessed.

“How…is it that you can leap from one side to the other like that? One minute you are in a blind rage and the next you appear to have collected yourself.” Sesshomaru asked.

“I dunno…I just do. I guess I have had practice, I have had to swallow my anger a lot in my life, if only to survive sometimes.” Inuyasha replied. Where was Sesshomaru going with this.

“I can not do that.” Sesshomaru admitted as he shook his head. “My anger stays with me, sometimes for days or even weeks.”

“You always look pretty damn calm to me.” Inuyasha said.

“Practice…when in court with other nobles it is often best to hide your true feelings.” Sesshomaru informed.

“That could prove to be useful to know but it seems you’ve sorta changed the subject there Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha drawled. Sighing the demon Lord suddenly kicked off his boots before swinging his legs up upon the bed, quickly Sesshomaru scooted himself backwards till his back was resting against one of the four bed posts, stretching out his legs and crossing them, resting his hand upon his knee. A lounging Sesshomaru, something else Inuyasha had never seen. Hell he’d never even seen Sesshomaru’s feet before. Full blood and half breed stared at each other from across the bed before Sesshomaru spoke.

“I was not always as you have come to know me. I was once very…different. Some people can never pinpoint the event that caused them to change…but I can.” Sesshomaru said. Inuyasha wasn’t sure where this was going or what it was about, but something told him it would be better to stay silent for the moment. “I loved Father so very…very much. He was my hero, my goal, my dream. I too lost my mother when I was very young, I never learned how much losing her devastated Father until much much later, he always seemed happy to me, always laughing and smiling. It wasn’t until after his death that I realized much of that was simply for me. I think I made him happy.” Sesshomaru looked away for a moment, looking away at some distant past that only he could see. “We were very close as I was growing up. He was not only my father, but also my best friend and closest confidant. I will never forget how Father would push everything else aside, no matter how important, if only to answer a question that I had asked. Looking back it is almost frightening to think how many times he risked all out war, just because I burst into a room and asked him a question.” Sesshomaru smiled then, more then his tiny half smile he tended to wear, this one appeared much more genuine. “As I grew older I realized the folly of my behavior and yet his door was always open to me. I could go to him whenever I wanted, whenever I needed, it could be the middle of the night and I could slip into his room and wake him, just to talk….and he never once yelled at me, or chastised me in anyway. Never once did he complain, he would simply take a moment to collect himself and we could talk. It didn’t matter how tired he was or what he had to do the next day, he was always there for me.” Inuyasha could hear the sadness within Sesshomaru’s voice and he realized that Sesshomaru had just said more words to him just then, then he had ever said before in Inuyashas life.

“Sounds like a great guy…” Inuyasha muttered, what else could he say? He knew next to nothing about his father, not to mention the fact that he was struggling to believe that Sesshomaru was actually sitting near him and just…talking.

“He was…indeed he was. We spent so much time together…he taught me so much…and when I had become a little older, a little bigger, he began to include me into his business. He would take me to meetings with other nobles, we would patrol the borders together…all of it and more, it was partly his own way of teaching of the position I would one day hold, the position I now hold, but it was also as if he just wanted me around. As wonderful as it was to spend so much time with him, to see him in all of his glory…it was also very challenging, he would not let me simply sit back and observe, no…he frequently thrust me right into the middle of it…called upon me to make decisions, to hold meetings, to….do….the Lord of the West’s work. I tried so hard, if only to please him, and even when I failed he never grew angry with me, he merely smiled with patience, pointed out my mistakes and helped me to correct them. To think…the great Inu-Taisho, feared thought the lands for his ferocity and power could be so gentle and kind. Despite all this I think my favorite times were when we would go on hunting trips together. Just the two of us…and it was…so…” Sesshomaru seemed to struggle for the right words. “Powerful…to see father just be himself, no duties, no work, no need to be the Lord of the West, just plain old Inu-Taisho. A side I do not think very many ever saw.” Slightly confusing…but Inuyasha could follow.

“Sounds…fun?” Inuyasha fumbled causing Sesshomaru to level a warm looked upon him, one that made his heart feel light.

“You need not feel obligated to say anything Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru said. “I do thank you for your patience though.” There were so many things Inuyasha could say, many of them very snide but he instead chose to fall silent again. Never before in his life had he passed up a chance to insult Sesshomaru but he had never seen Sesshomaru like this and he wanted to see just where it might go. “As I became a little older and my skill in the arts of war grew, Father began to send me out on my own to perform whatever duties he dictated to me. At first they were little simple things, meeting with shipping representatives, resolving disputes within the border villages, things of that nature. While these duties were neither glamorous nor prestigious I still strove to do my very best. I just wanted to please him….” Sesshomaru continued.
“For some reason I’m not sure if I can even picture you doing piddily work.” Inuyasha interjected. That was for sure….Sesshomaru had one of the biggest egos of anyone Inuyasha even heard of.

“Soon I began to get more worthwhile assignments. But to be honest there were times it did annoy me, me the prince of the West performing such common tasks. Still after every successful assignment Father would praise me. It felt so good to hear such words….no matter how annoyed I might have been, all of that, all of my anger at the situation would just melt away once Father smiled and began to speak.” Sesshomaru said.

“I guess I can understand that.” Inuyasha replied. He had always enjoyed making his mother proud himself.

“After a time of medium level work, work of much greater importance then what I had initially started but still not at the level of a prince, however then one day I began getting some of the most important assignments. It was then I understood why Father had started me out with so small. If I could not perform, or balked when given so simple, then how could I be counted on when lives were on the line. When Father did finally decide to test me, and it was a test, I had never been so challenged in all me life, but I was ready. Then came a day I will never forget….” Sesshomaru said, his voice and tone starting to drift into that soft dreaminess that retelling memories tended to bring.

“Something big huh?” Inuyasha mumbled. Sesshomaru nodded slowly.

“Father called me into his private chambers one evening. At the time I was at a loss as to what it might have been about. It wasn’t that he had summoned me, it was the seriousness of his tone when he asked me to come to his room while we were at dinner. I must confess….I had actually assumed I was in trouble. However once I arrived I realized the situation was much more grand then a simple mistake on my part. Father had been under a great deal of stress around that time, a change from his normal jovial self. Bandits had been raiding the outlining villages, this had been a common problem for centuries but never to terribly large a problem. Your typical bandit of the Western lands may land one or two good raids but nevertheless ends up just like all that came before. Dead. It makes one wonder why anyone bothers to take it up in the first place. However this time the different bands had united under one banner, a simple thing but rather unheard of considering their status as little more then an unruly mob. With greater strength then ever before their successes began to increase rapidly and they grew bolder and bolder with each attack, their leader even going so far as to proclaim himself the -True- Lord of the West. It was beyond insulting….” Sesshomaru growled. “Several times we had attempted to crush them like the bugs they were, yet each time we failed. It was as if they knew our plans, knew the signals we would you to diversify our attacks. After a few humiliating losses it became clear that someone, or several someone’s had betrayed us. But Father was at a loss as to who they might have been and wished to speak to me about it. I was a bit taken aback that out of all of his personal, a great many that had seen much more combat then I, he had chosen to call upon me. It was then he told me the reason he called upon me and not them. Trust. He wasn’t sure if there was a spy or if someone had submitted to torture or any number of other possible situations. Above all others he trusted me, not only because I was his son, but because I had proven myself time and time again, I had crawled my way up from the very bottom because he had forced me down there, yet I never once complained…at least not openly, what I said behind closed doors was a personal, private affair and was treated as such. He told me how he felt he could always trust me regardless the situation, he told me that I was the one he trusted most. As serious as the predicament was I can not begin to tell you how much that meant to me.”

But Inuyasha could hear the levels of emotion in Sesshomaru’s voice, this meant a lot to Sesshomaru, although he didn’t know what it had to do with what Sesshomaru supposedly wanted to talk about. Still…in a way it was rather nice to finally learn something about his sibling. He waited patiently for Sesshomaru to continue, but he didn’t and Inuyasha had never been known for possessing high levels of patience.

“So what happened?” He had to ask. Sesshomaru cocked his head to the side and smirked at him.

“I would like to tell you that we rooted out the traitor though months of meticulous detective work. But the truth is Father finally broke though the bandit’s ranks, faced off with their leader and bashed his head repeatedly off of a boulder. The moral of that story being, never refer to yourself as Lord of the West when the real Lord of the West has you at his mercy. As for the traitor, it turns out that it was a former instructor from the academy who had been banished for attempting to sexually assault a member of the Keera, Father could have executed him, but chose to show him mercy.” Sesshomaru explained. Oooook…not what he had been expecting.

“Is that what you wanted to talk about?” Inuyasha asked.

“No…but….it does tie into it.” Sesshomaru admitted.

“Can’t you just come out and say it?” Inuyasha snapped.

“I would very much like to…but I can not seem to find the proper words. I apologize again…I am trying to explain as best I can.” Sesshomaru replied. “I told you my mother died, truth be told no one really knows why, I was a mere one hundred and forty seven years old. Yet after all this time I can still remember her face, its faint…but I remember. It hurt Father so much, not only to lose his mate but also to not know why she passed on. Was it murder? Did her body give out? Did she kill herself? These questions remain unanswered to this very day. Father put on a brave face, I myself was young and stupid…so I believe it. As I grew older I was slightly surprised that Father never took another mate, I was not the only one either, and I assumed it was because he felt he could never love another like he did my mother. I’m sure you can understand how the lose of one parent causes you to cherish the remaining one even more….” Sesshomaru trailed off. For a brief moment Inuyasha allowed himself to focus in on Sesshomaru completely and just as before the world melted away, he only took a quick look, he sure as hell didn’t want that king fucking headache back, but this time the mist surrounding Sesshomaru was a deep blue, with streaks of purple within it and the jagged daggers of pain still drove deep into him. Pulling back Inuyasha couldn’t help but wonder what could possibly shake Sesshomaru so much?

“It started innocently enough, Father began to disappear frequently and for lengthy spans of time. At first I thought nothing of this, the Lord of the West is more then just a title and it carries a great deal of responsibility. However before long it was as if Father was never within the castle and it seemed as if each time I did see him the time we spent together, the time we talked with one another grew shorter and shorter. To everyone else in the castle Father appeared to be in greater spirits, more jovial then he had in centuries yet to me he was becoming so very distant. I wasn’t sure what to do or what was going on, I tried to ask Father…but each time he would tell me it was nothing. I wanted to believe him…however I could sense that he was keeping something from me. This went on for months…..then one day I noticed my mothers things started to disappear, a portrait of her in the family room was gone, and her sculptures likewise disappeared from their bases. At first I had assumed someone had stolen them which infuriated me, Father was once again gone so I took it upon myself to interrogate various servants. Everyone claimed they had no knowledge of what had happened, I became a bit frantic, so little of my mother was left and now that to was missing!” Sesshomaru said, anger creeping into his soft sad tone. It was something Inuyasha could understand as well, he had been devastated when he had not been able to keep even a single thing of his mothers, the villagers who drove him out destroyed everything…and there had been nothing he could do to stop them.

“When Father finally returned he…he did not even come to greet me, he went almost straight into his private chambers. The only reason I even discovered he was home is due to his scent becoming much fresher throughout the halls. Everyone was talking about what a good mood Father was in, how much he was smiling and laughing. I thought then that he could not know what had transpired so I rushed to his room. All the while I kept wondering why he did not come to greet me….he always came to me when he returned from a trip, it was almost always the first thing he did. I did something very rude then, I did not bother to knock, did not ask permission, I simply burst into his room. He was working on something, he had papers spread all over a table, yet when I entered the room he spun around, blocking my view of his work with his body. I began to try and tell him what had happened but before I could even get a single sentence out he….he yelled at me. Father had never yelled at me before, never once raised his voice in such manner. He asked me why I had burst into his chambers like some heathen…did I not know how to announce my presence? To ask permission to enter? I was stunned….admittedly I knew my behavior was rude, but I was upset and it was not like I had not done the very same thing countless times before. Without answering his question I forged ahead, telling him what had happened, how my mother’s belongings had vanished. That is when he told me…told me that it had been him to remove them. He said he planned on having everything placed into one room that he wanted to devote to my mother. He apologized and said that he had been so busy he had forgotten to tell me. He asked me if that was all and I said it was so he asked me to leave…and then he turned back around and continued with whatever it was he was working on. I could not believe what I had heard not to mention how he had dismissed me so abruptly. He looked back once and when he saw I was still standing there he said my name…very sternly. So…I left…I was very shaken as I closed his door. I remember thinking….only one room? My mother was to be locked within a single room? Her things had been scattered throughout the castle and it had always been something of a pleasure and a comfort to me in that no matter where I went, there was always something of mother there.” Sesshomaru continued. “Soon…new things began to appear, new pottery and the like, things of obviously inferior craftsmanship and quality compared to my mother work. Yet I noticed they began to occupy the spaces that my mothers had….and finally it hit me…Father was replacing Mother. But why? I could see no reason and Father provided no explanation. Surely he had not taken a new mate…it was preposterous to think he would have done something of the sort without informing me. If he had even considered courting another he would have brought it to my attention, taken my feelings into consideration and I would not have stopped him. Finally…one night as I lie in my bed I came to realize I could take it no longer, I had to know what was going on, I couldn’t sleep…my mind simply would not stop churning and let me rest. I needed answers…my entire life was being turned upside down…so I went to Fathers room, I could see the light escaping though the crack under his door, so I knew he was awake. Yet remembering what happened the last time I chose to knock upon his door. Several moments went by with no answer, so I knocked again, harder this time. Still nothing….I did not want to pound my fist into his door, but my heart was aching…why wouldn’t he answer me? I knocked one final time, hoping that perhaps he did not hear me and finally he answered. His door opened and he came to stand within the doorway. At first I made a small move to step inside, but I quickly noticed that he had not moved. I found it strange that he made no move to welcome me inside, soon he asked me what it was I wanted. It was rather embarrassing considering I was standing right in the hall, anyone could hear me and I have always been more comfortable divulging personal business behind closed doors. I told him I needed to speak with him, that it was important.” Sesshomaru paused for a second. “Then…for the very first time he said that he was busy, that he did not have much time to talk, he asked me if it could wait until morning. I became very angry…the very same man who had once told me that his door was always open to me, that I could come speak to him whenever I needed to was now refusing to allow me in and was telling me he did not have time for me.”

“That doesn’t sound like what you said he said.” Inuyasha interjected. Sesshomaru spat out a humorless chuckle.

“No…no it wasn’t, however that is how I took it. I was upset already and then he made me angry, so I yelled at him, I demanded to know why all these new things were replacing my mothers, I wanted to know where Father had been going, why he was so distant over the last few months. He avoided my question, told me he would explain later and then urged me to return to bed. Sometimes I wonder if my outburst did not influence Father to be as cautious as he became. More time past, I no longer bother to even seek Father out, he would return home and I would simply retreat to the opposite side of the castle that he was on, I was of the mind that if he did not wish to have me at his side any longer, then I would not crawl to him. It was around that time that a great deal of construction was going on, Father was devoting massive amounts of time to it….and I don’t think you need to be told what he was doing. I stayed away during all of this, I was angry and Father did not seem to notice, we talked very sparsely during it all, usually he would hunt me down only this time it was I who had no time for him. Finally…the day came….Father summoned me to what you might call the throne room, I had a strange feeling but nothing could have prepared me for what happened once I arrived. The first thing I noticed was the scent of a human woman within the room something I had not expected, nor did I expect how Father tensed at my approach. It was then he revealed what had been happening, he introduced me to his new mate, your mother. It also did not take me long to realize that she was pregnant. I will not lie…I had never liked humans, I considered them weak and stupid. But I had never hated them….not until that moment. I realized that it was for this human that my Father had ignored me for so long, it was this human that was taking my mothers place. I grew angry but before I could do or say anything Father stepped in very close to me, the growl that echoed from his mouth was a clear threat, he would protect his mate from me, he would protect his child. Even so I still think the situation could have been calmed down had I not realized one simple thing. I figured out why Father had not came right out and told me, I found out why he had been hiding everything for so long. He did not trust me. And I can not even tell you how much that hurt.” Sesshomaru half sobbed. “I had worked so very hard for his trust, and then some stupid human gets his pup inside of her and all of it disappeared. The realization hurt me…and enraged me, I started thinking how Father had removed all of my mother’s things to make her more comfortable, how her things where now on display. But I then realized that there was one more thing of my mothers left…….Me. The second that thought came to me another followed it. She was already carrying my replacement. I didn’t want it to be true….but I couldn’t think, there was far too much emotion bubbling inside me…so I left. The next few months were not pleasant, me and Father clashed frequently, he announced his intention to move your mother into the castle, that you and she would live with us. I felt like I was being pushed out…that my home was no longer mine. So with that in mind…I left Fathers side and went out into the wild. One would think that the time away would help to calm me down…but it did not. I became angrier with every passing day and I took my anger out on anyone who crossed me.”

“What do you mean?” Inuyasha asked, he had a feeling he already knew though. To be honest Sesshomaru trip down memory lane both intrigued and annoyed him. But he was willing to do what his brother had never done for him, stay calm an listen.

“Humans…demons…animals….anything that crossed my path and did not immediately remove themselves died. I cut a bloody swath across the western lands…..until one day the Lord of the West came to discover what had been happening in his lands. He confronted me and we argued but for a moment…it was like it had always been, Father wanted me to talk, to get out all my feelings and frustrations…I think if I had...things would have gone better. But then he said he wanted all our problems solved before you were born and with that one statement he brought back my wrath. I see now what he meant by his statement but at the time I only saw it as my needs being pushed aside for yours. I tried to leave….he stopped me from doing so and I struck him. I think I hurt his heart more then his body with my blow but rather then try to talk it though…once again I left. I did not see Father again till the night of your birth. He had been in a great battle and his wounds were many but all that was on his mind was saving your life from the humans who wished to take it. I understood that then however I feared for his life, I implored him to leave with me….and he implored me to come with him.” Sesshomaru explained.

“So even then you wanted to leave me to die…” Inuyasha snarled. Typical…But Sesshomaru shook his head no.

“It…it wasn’t that I wanted you to die Inuyasha. I just wanted my Father to live. He did not ask me to go in his stead, he asked me to go with him. But his injuries scared me…and I just wanted to take him home. But yes, even though it will make you angry, I was perfectly willing to sacrifice you to save him.” Sesshomaru replied.

“Would you have gone if he would have stayed?” Inuyasha felt compelled to ask.

“Yes…I might not have liked it but I would have….if only he had asked. But time was short….and he made his decision. I stood in the very same spot for a long time…then it hit me…that horrible rending in my heart and I knew….I knew my father was dead.” Sesshomaru said his voice raw with emotion.

“But you still never came for us…” Inuyasha muttered.

“I did not know that you were alive little brother. My thought process was that if the great Inu-Taisho had fallen then what were the chances of a human woman and a hanyo pup. I simply assumed you all died together.” Sesshomaru responded.

“You still could have looked!” Inuyasha snapped.

“My father was dead. I was now the Lord of the West, my lands were in a state of upheaval, and I was being challenged on a nearly constant basis. When did I have the time to look even if I had had wanted to? For some reason people seem to think that the transition from Inu-Taisho to Sesshomaru went smoothly….it didn’t. The first several years of my rein were defined with almost constant battle. The Lord of the East saw his chance and went for it, he threw almost everything he could at me. Had it not been for the support of the North and some very lucky breaks the lands of the West would no longer be ours. You have no idea how much I had to fight, how many lives were lost….the fact that I still must have dealings with that….that…..bastard makes me want to heave.” Sesshomaru shot back.

“Great…and he’s one of the people we have to convince?” Inuyasha groaned.

“I do not think we will be able to do that however forcing him to back down is just as good.” Sesshomaru answered before heading back into his story. “Finally I was able to achieve some semblance of peace and very slowly begin rebuilding our shattered lands. There was just so much to do…and I wasn’t ready. But I had made a vow…I would not be like my father, I tossed away his advice and dove down my own path and thus the demon I was…turned into the demon you met. I was so heart broken over Fathers death…and sometimes I think I will never truly be over it.”

“Uh huh…” Inuyasha grumbled. He wasn’t sure what to say and this whole thing was giving him a headache.

“I do not know why my Youki compelled me to leave the castle that evening, sometimes I think it had to of been more then just a coincidence, something had to of guided us…but on that night…I found you. Or perhaps it was you finding me. Nevertheless…we met…..at first I could not believe it. Could you really be my baby brother? You may think this to be a lie…but so much of me wanted to take you in, my Youki screamed for it. Yet all I could think of is how Father had died, how Father had tossed me aside, how I had lost his trust…I thought of everything that had happened to me as a result of your conception….I did not know what to do….I did not want you to exist…so I left…or I tried to…” Sesshomaru said.

“What the fuck do you mean you tried to? You DID leave you asshole!” Inuyasha growled.

“You fell off a cliff….and into a river…and you managed to pull yourself from a watery death and crawled into a cave before you passed out.” Sesshomaru stated causing Inuyasha’s eyes to furrow and his muscles to lock. How did Sesshomaru know that? “The demons who wished you to be their meal were killed. My Youki took over and raced back to you and tracked you to that little cave. Its desire was to take you in…but I refused. Again choices were being taken from me…your needs over mine…would no one think of me? Had I been given time to calm down…things would have been different, but the demands came and I was still angry over everything that had happened. So I left and yet I kept finding you…especially when something happened to upset me…you would be in my path and that would anger me even more….why…why would you just go away? Did you have to be there? Always there? Like a weed that keeps choking your garden you were there. Sometimes I would wonder where you disappeared to and why you always seemed to be where I was. Could it be coincidence? Or once again was something drawing us together. But to make matters worse I found out that Father had left you what I had always believed would be mine.” Sesshomaru said.

“Tessaiga.” Inuyasha stated.

“Yes. I could not fathom why he would leave it to you, if only it had been in my hands after his death I could have easily routed those who strove to steal our lands, how many of my people could I have saved? Again in my mind it showed me that he intended to replace me with you, that he loved you more despite all my love and loyalty…-” Sesshomaru started.

“Fuck you! I didn’t ask for any of this, it’s not my fault! You asshole how could you take your shitty moods out on me?!” Inuyasha interrupted.

“No…it wasn’t your fault. But you fail to see that I was in my teens when the drama around you began to unfold, still a child….still having so much more maturing to do. But I was wrong…I admit that. I was wrong…and I am sorry. I had no right to do what I did.” Sesshomaru stated. Inuyasha had been preparing to launch into another tirade but Sesshomaru’s words floored him. Was the asshole actually admitting that he was in the wrong?

“Wh-what?” Inuyasha stammered.

“I was wrong. However I refuse to take the full brunt of the blame…Father is also to blame. He mishandled the entire situation. Why did he not sit me down right from the beginning and be honest with me? I know things would have been different if he had. It would have been hard…but Father could talk me into setting my hair on fire if he really tried. But he didn’t try…he made an assumption, and my actions did nothing to help the situation. But he should have been honest with me…..even though I understand why he was not. Like it or not his instincts saw me as a potential threat to his pup and his mate, he could do no less, he had to protect the two of you….but he should have stopped and thought about it.” Sesshomaru said.

“What…what does this have to do with anything?” Inuyasha asked. He was a bit rattled by Sesshomaru’s tale….where his words true? Would he have been accepted if his Father had only been honest? He had to admit…as much as he didn’t like it, it was a pretty shitty deal that Sesshomaru had gotten. In a way he could understand…but it was not an excuse. “I hope you are not trying to justify what you have done to me. Yeah I’ll admit it was a shitty deal all the way around, but you still carry a great deal of the blame.”

“Yes…yes I do. However you have often asked me why I have done what I have done. Thus I have told you…and now you know.” Sesshomaru replied as he slid of the bed, scooping his boots up he walked around the bed heading towards the door. “Goodnight Inuyasha…I think we have talked quite enough. I thank you for listening…and for holding your temper.”

“Wait…this can’t be everything you wanted to say…there’s more…I know there is more…I can tell…” Inuyasha insisted but he did not want to give away this new mode of sight to Sesshomaru if his brother did not already know.

“No…there is more…however for now I have said all I am able. In time I can tell you more….in time I will make it clear. Tonight is just a first step little brother….and we have a very long walk ahead of us.” Sesshomaru said. Sesshomaru stepped away from the bed, dropping the silk back down, which allowed Inuyasha only a silhouette to gaze upon. As Sesshomaru neared the door a thought slipped into Inuyasha brain and he quickly spoke.

“What will happen if my group followed us?” Inuyasha asked, mentally kicking himself. He couldn’t believe he had forgotten about them.

“I have already told the gate keepers to keep a watchful eye, should they arrive they shall be accommodated and given my hospitality…all but the wolf Koga…he will not enter my home.” Sesshomaru answered as he opened the door.

“Works for me.” Inuyasha said. Not like he liked Koga anyway…flea bitten wolf-shit…

“I’m glad. Goodnight Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru said as he left the room closing the door behind him.

“Goodnight…..Sesshomaru..” Inuyasha found himself whispering. Well now he had a lot of crap to think about didn’t he? His relationship with Sesshomaru had always been simple. Sesshomaru was an asshole and Inuyasha needed to avoid him. Now it just became a whole lot more complicated….

Son of a bitch….

And just how it you get the lights to go on in this place anyway.

“I hate trying to sleep with light in my eyes.” Inuyasha muttered only to find the light to be slowly dwindling before it left him in darkness. Ooook…fucking weird….

Slowly Inuyasha slid himself into the bed wrapping the furs around himself. It only took a few moments before his body was fully settled and….oh my god…it felt so soft and good….oh it was so much better then a tree….

And despite his worries he would not be able to sleep, sleep claimed him quite quickly.


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It had not gone as smoothly as he would have liked but Sesshomaru felt a little better, it was a start after all. He was sure opening up like he had would confuse his little brother, it was not the behavior Inuyasha was used to, and if he knew Inuyasha like he hoped he did, that confusion would lead Inuyasha to wanting answers and then Sesshomaru could slowly give him what he wanted, it was obvious that the task could not be done in one felled swoop, Inuyasha’s outburst in his room and proven that. No it had to be done little by little, like building a road brick by brick.

“It didn’t go the way I had hoped I’ll tell you that.” Sess-Youki grumped.

“You need to cease your interference.” Sesshomaru ordered.

“Hey…my idea would have been much more pleasant.” Sess-Youki shot back.

“Maybe so but there is a time and place for everything. Your are hindering me more then you are helping. Pleasuring Inuyasha would be a fleeting act and will not earn his forgiveness. If anything it would cause him to shell up even more. Besides he did not want such attentions.” Sesshomaru snapped.

“Oh yes he did.” Sess-Youki gushed.

“He brought your actions to my attention, thereby stopping them.” Sesshomaru informed.

“Silly mouth noise. Why did his body go soft? Why did he not struggle? He wants attention…so why not give it to him?” Sess-Youki countered. Sesshomaru sighed and shook his head in disbelief….was he going to have to fight both Inuyasha and his own being to achieve his goal? Reaching his own chamber door Sesshomaru opened it, bed sounded so good right now. Although he supposed he could go receive Atrius’s report and possibly get some other work done but……fuck it….tomorrow would be the time…but for now…rest. Stepping into his chambers Sesshomaru closed his door behind him, tossing his boots into a corner, beyond caring at this point Sesshomaru began to shed his clothing as he walked towards his bed, allowing the garments to fall unceremoniously to the floor. Fully nude he finally slid into his bed, moaning lightly as the soft fur glided against his naked flesh. Gracefully Sesshomaru collapsed face down on the bed….which was actually not all that graceful. “Nude now huh? I like it.” His Youki rumbled.

It would be to much of a hassle to go into his closet…find clothing to sleep in…put it on…ugh…besides it wasn’t like anyone would be coming into his room without first asking permission, the only one who would do so was Inuyasha and for some reason the thought of the hanyo finding him naked and splayed out upon his bed did not bother him in the slightest. Closing his eyes Sesshomaru sprawled himself across the bed, stretching his limbs and taking up as much room as possible, the desire to be comfortable outweighing the need to be proper.

“Please let tomorrow go well and give me the strength and wisdom to do right for Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru silently prayed.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
“< /i>It is entirely too early for this.” Miroku grumbled. The sun had only risen an hour ago. But they had all agreed last night shortly after Sesshomaru took off with Inuyasha and Shippo that they would rise extra early so that they could be sure that they could catch up to Inuyasha before the day was out. But just because he agreed did not mean he had to like it.

“I second that.” Sango yawned.

“Not much for getting up early Miroku?” Koga asked smugly. Miroku ignored the wolf prince, instead choosing to take a page out of Inuyashas book, raising one finger in one of the hanyo’s favorite salutes at Koga. The wolf demon chuckled. To be honest Miroku really had no idea why the wolf continued to travel with them, while he would be grateful for the extra muscle should they be attacked, something told him that Koga had his own reasons for his actions.

Much to everyone’s surprise it was Kagome who was the most awake.

“I think we are almost there, but I hope we aren’t coming around to the back or something. I’d hate to have to walk all the way around.” Kagome muttered. The girl was a mystery to Miroku at the moment, on one hand he knew she was genuinely concerned about Inuyasha and Shippo and on the other hand he knew she was still angry and something had increased that anger. Miroku had the feeling it had something to do with Sesshomaru’s actions and he could only hope that she was not planning on doing anything rash. Kagome was a good friend and in his mind a good solid human being, but she was also rather immature and there were times she just did not seem to -get- the way things worked in this time.

Time passed as they continued to travel, Koga had mentioned that he felt they were almost there…apparently there were some type of signs that the wolf could see, Kirara began to walk a little stiffer, a little more respectfully. Which sort of made sense considering they were approaching the home of one of the, if not the, greatest demon noble in Japan. Which was all fine and dandy but he just wished Koga would stop walking behind him. It was making him uneasy and he could feel eyes burning into his back. Had he angered the demon somehow? Or maybe it was all his imagination, a product off all the stress lately.

Well he would have to rectify that.

Discreetly moving a bit more to the right Miroku’s hand was slowly filled with warm, sweet flesh.

“Mmmm…soft.” He purred.

“PERVERT!!” Sango roared. SMACK!! Miroku’s cheek cried out in pain but it was totally worth it…

Now the day felt right.


Demon senses or no soon it became very apparent to everyone that they were nearly there for once they came to the top of a very steep hill the largest and most beautiful castle Miroku had ever seen burst into view.

“Goodness.” Sango muttered.

“Wow.” Kagome awed.

“Damn…” Koga whispered. Miroku merely whistled. As the two girls began to make their way down the hill Miroku found himself restrained by Koga’s hand on his shoulder. “I’d like to talk to you for a moment.” The wolf said.

“Right now? We are almost their, I would like to arrive as soon as possible, after all we may be turned away, if so we will need time to plan our next move. Perhaps we can talk as we walk.” Miroku responded as he attempted to continue down the hill, only to have Koga stiffen his arm to prevent him from moving.

“I would prefer now.” Koga said firmly, his grip tightening…which was beginning to cause Mirokus shoulder to ache. The monks temper rose a little, if it was one thing he hated in life it was being manhandled. Carefully Miroku positioned his staff, one flick of his wrist and Koga was going to get an unpleasant surprise between his spread legs.

“You are hurting me Koga. I’m not sure what you want but I must tell you this is the wrong way to get it.” Miroku said calmly. Koga’s face darkened before it jumped to a pleasant yet slightly surprised as he removed his hand.

“Sorry about that man…sometimes I forget that your human, seeing as how you handle yourself so well.” Koga said.

“Flattery will get you nowhere, you can’t sweet talk a sweet talker.” Miroku thought. Out loud he said. “We had better hurry, wouldn’t want to be left behind now would we?”

At that he began to make his way down the hill, using its natural steepness to quicken his pace, hopefully he wouldn’t blow out a knee or something and somehow he got the feeling that Koga would not mind at all if they fell behind. Quickly Miroku made his way to Sango’s side, the demon slayer having paused once she noticed that they were not following. Swiftly Miroku positioned himself with Sango between him and Koga. Sango made a gesture, asking him what was wrong.

After a few years of traveling with Inuyasha and Kagome the two of them became used to the fact that there would be times when and argument would break out between the miko and the hanyo. Well there had been many times when one of them might know what was going on while the other one didn’t and having a Inu-hanyo with very sensitive hearing who did not like his business being discussed made it difficult to cue the other one in on what had happened and/or being forming a plan to help the two quarrelling companions patch things up. Even whispering so low one could barely hear it was futile, for it seemed that if they could barely hear it then Inuyasha tended to be able to hear it rather well, sometimes Miroku had to wonder if, in addition to his already impressive sense, Inuyasha had not trained himself to tune in even more once certain key words made their way into his ears.

As a demon slayer Sango had been trained in the use of hand signals, often used when tracking a target so that they could communicate without having to give away their positions and once during a long boring stretch of time when Kagome had ’finals’ Sango had attempted to teach it to him and after a few days of it Miroku came to the realization that they could use it to get around Inuyashas ears, he had brought the idea to Sango which had intrigued her and with a little ingenuity they were able to develop a reasonably functional language and Inuyasha always appeared to be none the wiser not to mention that due to Kagome and Inuyashas frequent spats they had ended up getting a lot of practice at their little creation…and it looked like it was about to come in handy again.

The wolf is being weird. Miroku signaled.

Why? Sango silently asked.

Don’t know. Makes me nervous, hurt my shoulder too. Miroku answered.

Odd…why so aggressive? Sango wondered.

Don’t know. He wants something. Miroku reported.

Watch? Sango wanted to know.

Affirmative. Miroku replied. Sango nodded and it brought a small smile to Miroku’s lips, it might not be the manliest thing but he liked it when Sango got protective. He also had no problem bowing to her expertise, he was a monk and had been rather well trained if he did say so himself, he was used to dealing with demons and spirits but Sango had been exhaustively trained for combat with demons ever since she was a child.

“You two are awfully quiet.” Koga said.

“Just admiring the scenery. I don’t think I have ever seen anything quite like it. Its size, its beauty…I find it rather breath taking.” Miroku half lied. It was a true statement after all…although not the reason for the silence.

“Indeed I would have to agree.” Sango added. Something was clicking in Kagomes hands as she walked ahead of them.

“I’ll say, I just hope the film turns out ok. Mom and Souta just have to see this. I bet Gramps will flip!” She said.

“Pomp and glitter don’t mean a thing and the size just makes it an easy target.” Koga growled, was that a hint of jealousy and bitterness in the wolf princes tone?

“Surely you must have something similar, being the leader of your pack and all.” Miroku needled. He was trying to provoke a reaction, he had a feeling that Koga was up to something and although he had no reason to distrust the wolf prince his gut told him to be wary.

“Phessh…We wolves don’t bother with such nonsense.” Koga spat. Barring Koga’s strange irritation they soon found themselves nearing some sort of draw bridge over a very wide moat, which upon nearing yielded not only water but also hundreds of wicked spikes.

“Ok now lets try to do this right, we do not need to be upsetting anyone. Perhaps you should do the talking Miroku, you seem to be the only one here with a silver tongue.” Sango said. Miroku wasn’t sure if he should protest Sango’s not so subtle implying or not…but he guessed the shoe did fit.

Taking a deep breath Miroku stepped to the font of the group as they were ordered to stop.

“Am I the only one who is nervous right now?” Kagome whispered as two intimidating looking demons began to make their way towards them. Miroku opened his mouth to speak as the two stopped only a few feet in front of them locking their weapons in a X with a loud clash, but before he could get a word out one of them reached into the inside of his chest plate and pulled out a piece of parchment.

“Hmmm monk, slayer and neko…strangely dressed miko…she does look weird….well they do fit the description.” The demon of the left muttered to his partner.

“Eh…they couldn’t be more descriptive could they?” The taller one on the right grumped.

“Well there is mention of a wolf demon, besides this is per Lord Sesshomaru himself…not much room to complain about.” Lefty replied. Per Lord Sesshomaru? They were expected? Inuyasha must have said something.

“We are friends of Inuyasha…he is Lord Sesshomarus younger brother.” Miroku informed hoping that it would help identify them.

“We know who Lord Sesshomaru and his family are monk…” Righty snapped.

“Geez your pissy today. He’s probably just trying to help.” Lefty chuckled.

“They could be imposters.” Righty insisted.

“How many monk, slayer, miko and neko groups could there be just wandering around?” Lefty asked.

“It is our job to keep the unwanted out of the Lords home…still you have a point. So for your sakes you had better be who you claim.” Righty said menacingly.

“Or what?” Kagome asked.

“You’ll be killed.” Lefty said with a smirk.

“But you seem honest….so proceed, you will be met by your escort as you near the gate. I would suggest that you be respectful and follow orders.” Righty said. The two then uncrossed their weapons allowing Miroku, Kagome, Sango and Kirara to pass but when Koga attempted to follow their weapons clashed back together, startling Koga and blocking his path. “You on the other hand are not welcome.” Right stated.

“And why not?” Koga snapped.

“Lord Sesshomarus orders.” Lefty said simply.

“This is ridiculous! I am prince of the northern wolf tribe, humans are permitted to enter yet I am not?” Koga growled. Hearing all of the extra noise Miroku stopped for a moment and looked back.

“Wolf tribe huh? Heard a good chuck of them were killed a while back.” Lefty said.

“Prince or no you’re a long way from your caves boy. Best be on your way.” Righty suggested.

“But-” Koga started.

“I should warn you that we have permission to kill you should you persist. Its kind of standard procedure, but I guess you must’ve pissed Lord Sesshomaru off because he outright stated that we could. Personally I hope you do, I could use a new fur lining in my boots.” Lefty quipped. Koga looked over Lefty’s shoulder at Miroku, obviously wanted him to say something. Lefty looked back curiously at Miroku while his partner kept an even stare on the wolf prince. Well he could try to speak up on Kogas behalf but….

His shoulder still hurt.

“Sesshomaru is the Lord of the Western lands, his orders must be followed. Not to mention it is his home.” Miroku said with a smile earning a chuckle from Lefty and a jaw dropped look from Koga. With that Miroku turned and continued on. He certainly hopped nothing bad would happen to the wolf, he wasn’t all that angry but surely a prince would have enough sense to know when to leave.

Nearing the gate and the others Miroku spied yet another demon leaning up against the wall. He couldn’t quite place what kind of demon it was but he could feel power rippling off of the demon. This one wasn’t a child, he was old and not to be trifled with. Kagome and Sango had already come to a stop in front of him and Miroku quickly situated himself next to the two girls, this would be a perfect opportunity to get a nice double handful of luscious ass…but the situation was just too serious at the moment.

He would consider it a lost opportunity and mourn it as such.

Nodded to them the demon pushed off of the wall and faced them.

“It has been dictated to me to greet you, so welcome to the fortress of the West, you should feel honored, very rarely are humans allowed within these walls and you are the first humans to be offered hospitality during Lord Sesshomaru’s rein. My name is Tural and I will escort you to your rooms. Are there any questions?” Tural asked.

“We have rooms?” Miroku inquired.

“Yes. Lord Sesshomaru had them prepared in case of your arrival. I dare say you were expected.” Tural answered.

“That was very kind of him.” Miroku stated. Well it was…and besides over his life he had discovered that kissing the ass of the Lord was seldom a bad move. As Tural shot him an appraising look and a nod with a small smile Miroku felt that he had made the right choice.

“Where is Inuyasha? I want to see him.” Kagome half-said half-demanded.

“Lord Inuyasha.” Tural replied, and Miroku could hear the emphasis on the word -Lord- “Is sleeping within his quarters thus it will not be possible to see him now.”

“Then wake him up…its important.” Kagome insisted.

“I will most certainly not be doing anything of the sort.” Tural sneered. Kagome was about to speak again when an elbow to the side from Sango stopped her.

“Ow! What was that for!?” The miko whispered harshly.

“I am worried about Inuyasha and Shippo to and I don’t know how things go in your time but you are dealing with demon nobility. Not exactly the kind of people you make demands on. Use your head Kagome.” Sango whispered back. Arming himself with his best smile Miroku leaned upon his staff nonchalantly. The demon snorted before turning and started to walk away.

“Follow me.” Tural ordered. “I will escort you to your rooms and there you will stay until you are sent for, should you need again thing you will have an attendant.”

“Why can’t we leave?” Kagome asked.

“Because your identities are still in question, even if they were not your travel throughout the castle would and will still be restricted per Lord Sesshomaru’s orders.” Tural replied, sounding slightly annoyed.

“And the Lords orders must be obeyed and besides I am sure as guests of such a noble bloodline we will be well taken care of.” Miroku said turning on the charm. Tural looked back over his shoulder a bit of a grin on his face.

“You are either very intelligent or possess quite the silver tongue. Maybe even both..” The tall demon said. Despite the power that rolled off of him and the fact that Miroku’s ability to sense aura’s told him the demon had been around for a while, he still possessed that youthful beauty that so many higher demons tended to have.

“I assure you sir, my mouth is utterly innocent.” Miroku replied. And no one could prove otherwise damn it!

“Oh there are ways to…change that.” The demon purred, jarring Miroku slightly. He didn’t mean what…it sounded like he meant did he?

“Well I guess I do have some homework I need to catch up on.” Kagome muttered.

“I myself intend to catch up on some sleep.” Sango stated. Miroku echoed her statement but he couldn’t help wondering why demons, first Koga now this one, seemed to be making rather…provocative looks and statements to him. Surely they didn’t….

No he was being silly….

Wasn’t he?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jakens insides clenched, this was horrible! First that half-breed slime Inuyasha and now his human group were within the castle. Just what was going on here?! The fact that they had an escort was puzzling…was the Lord planning an execution? Though he couldn’t see Lord Sesshomaru going though so much trouble just to have a hanyo and a few humans killed. Still…there seemed to be a change in the very air of the castle and it had Jaken worried.

Something was happening or had happened. But surely the Lord was aware of what was transpiring within his own home. But what if he didn’t?

Jaken was worried.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The guard outside Lord Sesshomarus chambers stood diligently, slowly counting down till he was to awaken the Lord at the time that had been dictated. Soon he spotted the little toad that Lord Sesshomaru had entrusted with the staff of two heads. Why Lord Sesshomaru had done so and why he allowed the little imp to live was beyond him.

“What do you want?” The demon growled as the toad stopped in front of him.

“Many strange things have happened recently, I merely thought it would be prudent to check on the Lord.” Jaken said. The guard rolled his eyes.

“Oh yes I am sure the Lord sleeps so soundly knowing you are watching over him.” He mocked. “However I have orders from Lord Sesshomaru himself not to allow anyone, save Daigon and Lord Inuyasha, inside his room.” The toad gripped the staff tighter. The guard had to give the little snot credit though, he took his duties, both real and imagined, rather seriously. Which was probably why the Lord allowed him to live….well that and because his human ward Rin seemed fond of the toad.

The guard was about to tell the imp to bug off when voices reached his ears.

“Garith is the true commander!” One yelled.

“Imalia holds the position now, Garith fell.” A second growled.

“A fluke!” the first voice shot back.

“And what of the additional four victories?” The second replied smugly.

“She’s…she’s using some form of devils trickery!” The first stammered.

“HA! A weak excuse. Regardless of anyone’s feelings she is the commander now, you might as well accept that.” The second stated.

“I do not see how Lord Sesshomaru could allow such a thing!?” The first snarled.

“Garith accepted the challenge, and lost fairly. Perhaps he should have kept his mocking statements to himself. Lord Sesshomaru recognizes this.” The second responded.

“Then Lord Sesshomaru is a stupid fool to lose one such as Garith as commander.” The first raged.

“Watch your mouth boy!” The second shouted.

The guard as Sesshomaru’s door scowled. This stupid bickering war of Garith vs. Imalia was getting very old and even more annoying now that a good portion of the guards were beginning to split off into two separate groups. The whole thing was ridiculous, he himself did not care who the commander was so long as they did their job and so far Imalia had down the job, very well surprisingly. The whole thing was about stupid politics, something he felt had no business in a soldier’s life.

The highborn had lost their proudest son not to mention staunchest supporter. Under Gariths command it was much ,much easier for a highborn to rise in the ranks even if being highborn was all they had going for them, which was something that was NOT true under Imalia’s command.

The lowborn were finding themselves under more equal footing then ever before and were lauding Imalia as something of a hero.

Imalia for her part was avoiding getting involved in it at all, treating it as if it were benign her altogether. Something that many guards, and this one in particular respected her for. A commander should focus on their duties and responsibilities, which Imalia was doing. Garith however….Garith was playing the game. But what he hoped to accomplish was a mystery. It could be suggested that if he could get he could get enough troops on his side they could refuse to follow Imalia’s orders in an attempt to cause Lord Sesshomaru to reinstate Garith. Of course such actions could also be considered treason and Lord Sesshomaru could then stage the largest mass execution in recent memory.

The whole thing was a massive waste of time but he had been around long enough to know that things like this tended to happen from time to time. Something similar had happened during Lord Inu-Taisho’s rein, although for much different reasons, and the guard was willing to bet it had happened during every other Lord before his rein was well. The guard had been a part of that first polarization of the guards and the entire debacle had given him the opinion he now possessed. That it was stupid.

However while bitching was acceptable for the most part, annoying but tolerable, insulting the Lord, calling him a stupid fool…now THAT was quite worthy of punishment. Steeling himself the guard stomped his way toward the two bickering guards, preparing to give one of the pup guards a nice old fashioned ass beating for his stupidity. However this left Sesshomarus door unguarded, which was just what Jaken needed…

Using the momentary distraction, Jaken wasn’t sure what it was, he could hear two other guards talking in the distance but his hearing was not nearly good enough to decipher what they were saying, he darted into Lord Sesshomarus room. He knew the Lord would punish him punish him severely if he was discovered, but the Lord was the noblest, most intelligent, fiercest, most beautifulLord in the entire world, Jaken had swore to do anything to serve him and so he simply had to make sure the Lord was in good health.

Jaken still could not believe that he had confronted Inuyasha within the halls and that the mongrel was not in chains, which was all the more reason he felt he should check on his Lord. Perhaps the traitor’s hanyo had done something to Lord Sesshomaru, poisoned him or put some sort of spell on him.

Carefully Jaken made hi way across the room, a cool breeze was blowing in from an open balcony door. It had blown back the pine green curtains surrounding one side of the bed. The billowing fabric combined with the tiny bit of sunlight that was filtering into the room only added to the sanctifying atmosphere.

Being Lord Sesshomarus bedroom it was practically sacred ground after all!

Coming close to the edge of the bed Jaken was able to use the staff that Lord Sesshomaru had entrusted to him to lift himself up to a level that he could see the Lord. His bug eyes bulged out even more once he realized that the Lord was very…very naked. Lord Sesshomaru was on his side with his back to Jaken and the imp was only able to glance at a small portion of Sesshomaru’s well defined thigh near his knee when he did the only thing a lowly imp like he could do in such a situation.

He passed out.


Wiping the remaining blood off of his knuckles the guard made hi way back to his post. Perhaps that would teach the impudent young pup his place, after all a good six months in the infirmary would leave him with plenty of time to think about his folly. If it didn’t? Well then another, more sever beating would be in order, one the pup might not survive.

Coming to stop in front of Sesshomarus door he was about to turn back around in the customary guard position to keep an eye out for threats when he noticed that the door was slightly ajar and he was positive it had been closed before. Wait a minute…..

Where was the stupid imp?

Growling to himself the guard quietly made hi way into the room and quickly spotted the toad unconscious on the floor. Huh….had Lord Sesshomaru awakened and hurled something into the imps head? Removing his eyes from the little green annoyance the guard caught side of the Lord’s naked back before he swiftly averted his eyes. He’d only seen a small portion of the Lord’s shoulders….which was more then he should have seen. He’d have to punish himself for that transgression…a few thousand laps around the courtyard ought to do it…

It was very disrespectful to gaze upon the Lord without his permission and obviously the imp had seen more then he should as well. Thankfully from the position Lord Sesshomaru was in it would be no easy feat to get a good look at anything private. Catching a hold of the toads neck the guard lifted the little green midget up before grabbing the staff of two heads and carried both out of the room, gently shutting the door behind him. Leaning the staff against the wall the guard debated what to do about the toad. The guard had no doubt that if he told Lord Sesshomaru about the imps transgression that the little snot would be promptly killed….however that would lead to questions as to how the toad go into the room in the first place. Which meant that it would be his ass in the fire…once he explained that he had been defending the Lords honor he might be granted a bit of leniency. After all what else could he do?

He was old school, he had served Lord Inu-Taisho before Sesshomaru and he was he was taught that when someone disrespects your Lord you do something about it. Loyalty to the Lord before all is how he had been brought up. It was his no nonsense, do the duty, attitude that had landed him such an assignment, one he was honored to perform, he was still going to be in the hot seat for this. Growling he looked around…there had not been any witnesses and if the imp was smart he would never bring up what he had done, not if he wanted to live.

Still…the imp needed to be punished and there was no way he was going to take the heat for the little green runt. He had no problem taking punishment for his mistakes but that stupid pup needed a lesson and the toad knew better. Spotting the small pull down door on the wall an idea popped into the guards head. Walking over to it he pulled it down, set the imp inside and shut the door just as the little moron being to slide down. Wiping his hands together he made his way back to his post once more. Maybe a little ride in the compost chute could teach the runt a lesson. After all it was a long disgusting way down and there was no way the imp would get through it without an injury. A shrill scream echoed up the shut as the toad obviously must have regained consciousness

The guard merely grinned.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sessh omaru groaned as he felt a strong demonic presence enter his chambers, he had felt it hours before but it had left rather quickly…perhaps it would again?

“Lord Sesshomaru.” A voice said.

Well…fuck…

“Yes.” Sesshomaru managed to spit out clearly enough. Through blurry eyes he glanced at the shape though the fabric surrounding his bed.

“The time you instructed to be awoken as come.” The voice said. That had to be a joke….surly it was not time for him to rise yet?

God damn it.

“Thank you, you may leave and assume your next post.” Sesshomaru said with politeness he did NOT feel at the moment. As the door shut Sesshomaru rolled over onto his back and raised his arm up to rest the back of his hand against his forehead. Sesshomaru let out a pent up sigh….did he really have to get up already? Was there anything that said he HAD to get out of bed?

“Inuyasha and everything that concerns him.” Sess-Youki informed.

Well yes there was that….

“Course we could always take him into your bed, or just go to his and climb in with him. That sounds nice, I like that idea.” Sess-Youki suggested. That was an idea….not one that would probably go over real with Inuyasha himself but a good idea none the less. Well if it was time to start the day…then it was time to start the day. Besides if things went smoothly enough he might be able to gain a little bit of Inuyasha’s goodwill. In his sleep hazed mind Sesshomaru had to chuckle, who would have ever thought that he, The Sesshomaru, would ever be bending over backwards to try and please his hanyo brother.

Not many he could assure you.

Climbing out of bed he made his way over to his closet, first things first, get dressed and go to his office, see what needed the morning paper work might be, god he hoped there wouldn’t be any, have Atrius sent to him to receive his report, arrange for breakfast, wake Inuyasha, gods help him there, eat, escort Inuyasha to Daigon and then attend his own meeting with his healer. It seemed like a good plan…so with that in mind he began to dress himself.


A half an hour later after he had dressed and groomed himself Sesshomaru sat in his chair within his office. Looking over the morning paperwork Sesshomaru was please to find that there was very little of it. If it was one thing he hated…it was spending hours on tedious paperwork. He had already sent one of the guards to go fetch Atrius so he was really only using the papers to fill the time.

First was a written request from the chief of one of the border villages explain that there was conflict brewing between to wealthy familes within the village and was requesting official aid to deal with the problem. Normaly Sesshomaru wouldn’t have spent a lot of time on such a little thing, but the fact that the request had filtered all the way up to him gave him the feeling that this was not the first one that had been sent. Plus it was so very well written, he was slightly impressed at how well the chief commanded the written language, the distress bled though easily, it was obvious the woman was at her wits end and a little frightend that there would be mass bloodshed. So Sesshomaru signed a form dictating for a mediator and a good sized group of troops to be sent to the village. Attaching the form to the request Sesshomaru placed them both in the bin to be filed.

The other two were tiny little issues concerning the inner workings of the castle, one from a noble complaining about Gariths recent loss of his position, not that he himself wasn’t annoyed by it, and the other was simply a statement informing him that the broken gear to the northern gate had been repaired.

As he set the papers in their proper places a knock resounded at the door.

“Enter.” Sesshomaru said. The door then opened a sleepy, yet still fairly proper Atrius made his way in closing the door behind him.

“You sent for me sir?” Atrius asked, his voice laced with sleep. The kitsune probably had not been able to get much sleep either.

“Yes. I would like your report.” Sesshomaru stated. Atrius shook his head slightly, trying to focus himself.

“Well…there is not a whole lot to report. We ran into the little toad Jaken…he was extremely disrespectful, referring to the Lord Inuyasha in a very coarse manner.” Atrius said. Sesshomaru nodded…he would have to take care of that. “Then….well uh…” the fox blushed. “Lord Inuyasha…grabbed my tails.”

“Your tails?” Sesshomaru muttered. Why would Inuyasha do such a thing?

“Y-yes….he umm…sorta ran his fingers though them….tugged a little….it felt…rather good but oh that’s not something you want to know.” Atrius flustered. “He said….something about his Youki acting up lately. He didn’t seem to be aware he was doing it.”

“I have a tail! A very fluffy soft tail! Inuyasha can play with it all he wants.” Sess-Youki exclaimed.

“Acting up you say? I’m sure that must have been rather distressing to you.” Sesshomaru said he would ignore the feeling good part; after all it wasn’t his fault Inuyasha had apparently found an erogenous area.

“It…was a little. It startled me. It actually seemed to bother him a great deal more and then we ran into Komar….or more specifically Komar ran right into Lord Inuyasha.” Atrius said his tone becoming angry. “I’m not sure why he did it; perhaps he slipped although I think he did it on purpose. Lord Inuyasha grew angry and drove Komar into the wall, that coupled with his growling was an obvious dominate statement. But Komar reacted….well the way Komar does. I think that confused Lord Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru had not expected Inuyasha to meet the leader of the Keera so soon…he was slightly disappointed he had not been there to see that.

“And then?” Sesshomaru prodded. Atrius actually began to fidget.

“Well…Lord Inuyasha seemed to stare at Komar for a looong time. At least seven minutes or so…he didn’t say a word…his eyes just…roamed over Komar. The little kitsune with the Lord brought this to his attention and again he seemed startled by it…like he had not realized what he was doing. He and Komar then talked for a short while, Lord Inuyasha was confused over Komar’s gender and species. At first Komar simply answered Lord Inuyashas questions…I think he was amused by it. But then he began to come on to the Lord.” Atrius said.

“What…” Sess-Youki growled.

“Interesting…” Sesshomaru muttered.

“One thing to note is that apparently Lord Inuyasha had assumed Komar to be female and seemed slightly disappointed when he found out the dragon was not. Komar himself pointed this out, asking if the Lord would prefer him to be female, Lord Inuyasha did not seem to be able to answer that question and simply stated that he found Komar to be, and I am quoting, -pretty-. If I may make a guess it seems that Lord Inuyasha is not aware that males can and do mate with males.” Atrius continued.

“Pretty? Pretty!? The hell? I’m fucking gorgeous! How come I never get any compliments? I mean I made him come and he still yelled at me!” Sess-Youki barked.

“Calm yourself.” Sesshomaru soothed. “Again interesting…” he wasn’t sure how much Inuyasha knew about demon behavior…it wasn’t looking like he knew much.

“I tried to get Lord Inuyasha to leave, but I was ignored. Komar complimented the Lord on his own looks and I must say Lord Inuyasha seemed a bit….off. He reminded me of someone who had been struck very hard in the head, just befuddled. Komar was being very nosey, asking were we were going and such; I tried to tell him that it was none of his business…but Lord Inuyasha answered anyway. Then um….” Atrius trailed off.

“Yes? What then?” Sesshomaru asked. Atrius seemed at a loss for words…what could have happened?

“Lord…Inuyasha he um…he started playing with Komar’s lips.” Atrius stated.

“What do you mean?” Sesshomaru asked.

“Yes…just what do you mean?” Sess-Youki rumbled.

“He started to stroke them…running his fingers back and forth.” Atrius said, mimicking the movement with his own hand on his lips. “He seemed to be confused at to the coloring of Komar’s flesh as he stated he expected it to rub off. Komar explained that it was natural. Again the Lord seemed off…this treatment continued for several moments before Komar interrupted, asking the Lord how long he intended to do what he was doing and if he had anything planned. Then Lord Inuyasha…he….he crooked his fingers slightly…and I swear it looked as if he was going to push his fingers into Komar’s mouth but then the little kitsune caught his attention, asking if we could go and telling him he was hungry. Lord Inuyasha seemed startled, like a man coming out of dream, he practically jumped away from Komar…who was being his normal flirtatious self, I think Komar was upset that the little Kit had interrupted. As we left Komar said goodbye and that he was looking forward to seeing Lord Inuyasha again. When we got a chance I explained to Lord Inuyasha about Komar’s gossipy nature and that he should be careful. If I may be so bold my Lord but I believe Komar should be reprimanded for his actions.” Atrius said. Interesting…it seemed like Inuyasha’s Youki was doing….was doing….

Just what his Youki had been doing to him….

“What the hell!? No Inuyasha flesh shall enter any mouths but mine! I told you we shouldn’t have let him go on his own! Look what happened! -gasp- what if we lose him!? Go get him!!” Sess-Youki roared.

“Duly noted.” Sesshomaru said trying his best to ignore his Youki. “Anything else?” He knew all about Komar, he had brought him to the castle himself. He also knew that nearly all the rumors about Komar were false and that there was more to the dragon the met the eye. Komar was leader of the Keera yes…and he took those duties very seriously. However had other duties that only Sesshomaru knew about.

“Well….Lord Inuyasha and Commander Imalia didn’t seem to get along. They had words…the commander implied that Lord Inuyashas combat skills were less the stellar, the Lord seemed to take offense to that.” Atrius said. What a shock….Inuyasha getting angry…still Imalia should not be insulting Inuyasha although knowing her it was more meant as an observation then anything “But after that you arrived and dismissed us.” the kitsune finished. Sesshomaru nodded.

“Yes thank you…you have been rather…helpful.” Sesshomaru said. More so then the fox probably knew.

“Sir…I don’t mean….to be rude but….something….Lord Inuyasha said a few things…things that…don’t make any sense.” Atrius suddenly chimed up. For some reason Sesshomaru did not like the sound of that.

“Things? What kind of things?” he asked.

“Well…I….I feel as if it was partly my fault. I was curious as to why I had never seen him before, he claimed that it was because he had never been inside the castle before, I must admit…I did become a little upset, family means a great deal to me, and I asked him why he would avoid his own family like that…it was then he said….well….” Atrius fumbled.

Shit….

Sesshomaru knew it was going to get out sooner or later…but not even a day in?

“What did he say?” Sesshomaru asked although he already knew the answer, in fact he could just picture Inuyasha going off on the poor kitsune guard.

“I know it’s not my place…..but my Lord I have always looked up to you…you save my life…you saved my family.” Atrius said meeting Sesshomaru’s eyes. The guard looked confused and conflicted. “But what he said…couldn’t be true…..it can’t…”

“Atrius.” Sesshomaru said, prompting the guard to stiffen. “I feel I know what was said however I am going to have to ask that you keep such information to yourself, do you understand?” The blond fox nodded.

“Yes sir…but….you couldn’t…you didn’t..” He stammered. Sesshomaru sighed. He wanted to get angry, a guard certainly had not place to question him and he absolutely did not have to explain himself….but he just couldn’t seem to do it.

“My brother’s health and safety are top concerns of mine right now. I intend to welcome him home and integrate him into the inner workings of the castle. It will take some time but it is very important to me.” Sesshomaru said completely skipping over Atrius’s fumbled questions. Oddly enough it seemed to satisfy the kitsune as he immediately perked up.

“I understand sir.” Atrius said. “I will be more then happy to assist or perform any duties you may require.” Sesshomaru chuckled lightly.

“Fond of my brother are you?” He asked.

“He does…have a certain charm about him sire.” Atrius responded before a yawn burst out of his mouth. The guard looked embarrassed, a red hue rising in his cheeks. “My…my apologies. I was unable to get to sleep at a decent hour last night.”

“No need…I understand.” Sesshomaru said as he reached over and quickly filled out an order. “Here.” He said as he extended it towards Atrius, the guard stepped forward and took possession of the document.

“Sir?” Atrius questioned.

“I am granting you the day off, you served well and I am please. I will have Imalia informed of my decision and should anyone attempt to question simply show them my orders.” Sesshomaru said. “Take the time to rest and ready yourself. I may have an important duty for you at a later date.” Atrius tucked the document into his chest plate.

“Thank you sir!” Atrius exclaimed obviously excited about the idea.

“You may leave. But remember…keep what Inuyasha said to yourself, I do not want rumors floating around the castle, his and my personal business is our own and I will be very upset should I discover you have disobeyed me.” Sesshomaru said. A bit of seriousness creped into the kitsune’s eyes and he saluted Sesshomaru.

“Yes sir, I will remember sir.” Atrius said before making his way out of the room, closing the door behind him. Closing his eyes Sesshomaru sank back into his chair. He would have thought that Inuyasha would not have said such things; his brother was a private person almost obsessively so at times, still he should have known that if someone said the right thing that it would provoke Inuyasha…but at least the hanyo had not become violent.

Still….this was a mess waiting to happen, he had been so caught up in his own personal agenda that he had failed to realize just how much political damage Inuyasha was capable of doing to him. Not that that was going to stop him…he had made a vow and he was going to keep it. He just wasn’t looking forward to all the ruckus.

Now the information about Inuyasha’s supposed ‘offness’ now that was interesting. It made him a bit eager to learn just what was happening inside of the hanyo. It sounded as though Inuyasha was surprised at the level his Youki could influence him but why would that be? Inuyashas Youki should have been active within him for years now and Sesshomaru could clearly remember the first time he had ever gazed into its eyes. Those red filled orbs and stopped him dead in his tracks that day, everything about Inuyasha had screamed violence, his posture, his scent…everything. But now it seemed his Youki had something much different in mind.

Was Inuyashas Youki actively searching for a mate? The thought made Sesshomaru’s insides chill slightly, although…Inuyasha had seemed rather sedated last night when Sesshomaru’s Youki had caused him to take an interest in his ear. Was it just the attention from another Inuyasha’s body desired? Or was Inuyasha on the cusp of a heat? Oh Sesshomaru really hoped that was not the case, Inuyasha was bad enough…but an Inuyasha in the throes of a heat….the thought made Sesshomaru shiver and not entirely in a bad way.

But hanyo did not go into heat, or at least not that he had ever heard of, as a matter of fact Inuyasha should have already experienced at least one, considering Inuyashas age, his brother should have gone into heat not that long after his group had joined together. But Sesshomaru doubted that he had, simply because the miko remained untouched. It had been obvious that his baby brother had feelings for the girl and once in heat….well…the girl would not have remained ‘untouched’ for long. Granted she could have used those beads to subdue Inuyasha…but a heat lasted for about a week, give or take a few days, and such constant…‘sitting’ for such a period of time would have undoubtedly left his brother seriously injured.

He could always ask Inuyasha about it…but how would he react? It was a very personal question and there was a large chance that even if Inuyasha had gone into heat he would not have known what was happening to him. Still Sesshomaru did not believe Inuyasha had ever experienced a heat after all he had been forced though the kaleidoscope from hell that was Inuyashas memories and he had not seen such an event.

Drawing himself away from his thoughts for a moment Sesshomaru was about to reach for the rope that would summon his chef so that he could have breakfast readied when a knock at the door stopped him. Now who could that be? He was not expecting anyone…..ugh….please don’t be a problem….he really didn’t need more problems right now.

“Enter.” Sesshomaru said and to his mild surprise Retsu entered. Very strange considering Sesshomaru was just about to call upon him. Watching as his chef came to stop in front of him Sesshomaru found himself a bit confused as Retsu bowed low and began to speak.

“I have come to apologize my Lord.”

“Apologize? Whatever for?” Sesshomaru asked.

“For failing in my duties. I am sorry that I failed to adequately please your brother with my efforts.” Retsu said. Oh lord….Sesshomaru liked Retsu, he found the man rather interesting at times and prepared perhaps the most wonderful food Sesshomaru had ever eaten….but he was so sensitive. “I will try harder Lord Sesshomaru, I promise.”

“Retsu…raise your head please.” Sesshomaru said. Slowly the brown haired demon straightened his body. “I do not believe you failed at anything, I do not believe my brother is used to having someone cook for him.”

“But….he did not…” Retsu began.

“He did not say he disliked the food now did he? It is very likely that Inuyasha did not realize you wished for him to critique your work.” Sesshomaru said. Neither had he….when the chef first arrived at the castle no one knew what to think, it did not help matters once Retsu proclaimed that he did not wish to be a solider, rather he wanted to be the personal cook for the Lord and his guests. The fact that Retsu had burst in and practically demanded the chance to show his abilities had thrown his old chef into a rage and had intrigued Sesshomaru. When acquiring kitchen staff it was normal to have to seek them out, never before had one come to him. Not knowing what to expect Sesshomaru had decided to grant Retsu’s request for a…cook off as he called it. His old chef Biro had not liked it one bit, one of his age and position did not expect to be challenged for it but it had been an interesting idea and if nothing else Sesshomaru thought it would help keep the day from becoming to monotonous. So everything had been set up, the dishes prepared, Biro’s was its normal self, and Sesshomaru was used to Biro’s cooking, having eaten it since he was a child. It had never been anything special, but on the other hand the man had never made an awful meal. Retsu’s on the other hand…..had been amazing. Sesshomaru had never tasted anything so good. Retsu was bold and flashy….implementing dozens of herbs and spices, the man was constantly experimenting and creating new dishes. Retsu referred to cooking as art and although Sesshomaru had laughed when he first said it, he had to admit…Retsu was an artist. He had been so impressed that he installed Retsu into the kitchen staff proclaiming that if the demon could be consistent…then he had the job….and much to the chagrin of Biro, Retsu had delivered. The man claimed to have spent most of his life on a ship and had sampled food from around the world. Unrepentantly Retsu had helped Sesshomaru out politically as well, the man had teamed up with Komar and together the two of them had teamed up to make his gatherings, castle events and balls a smash hit, the excellent entertainment coupled with exquisite food had his guest raving for months. But it would figure that all this good fortune would have a downside….Retsu was an absolute perfectionist, striving to make everything, from complicated dinners to simple snacks, the very best they could be. So he requested to be critiqued after every meal, something Sesshomaru had not understood at first, and often fell into a brooding depression when he did not get it…which only spurred him to try harder. After a few months of simply thanking Retsu for his efforts Sesshomaru found him crying his eyes out in the dinning hall one day and when the chef realized Sesshomaru was there he actually crawled over to him, begging for forgiveness, stating that he had tried everything he could think of and still could not please Sesshomaru, Retsu had stated that he had one last effort he wanted to try and if it was not satisfactory he would leave forever. Sesshomaru had been confused and a little amused, he could not fathom how someone could do so well and yet get so upset. So he asked Retsu to explain himself and when finally had Sesshomaru realized that Retsu was not jesting in the slightest, he was deathly serious about preparing the greatest food he possibly could. Whether out of sympathy or humor or the fact that he did not want to lose Retsu and his cooking, Sesshomaru had taken to telling Retsu just what he liked and did not like after a meal, that had seemed to please the chef and Sesshomaru had to admit, once he had informed Retsu of his desires the quality of the food, in his mind, had increased.

“But he practically yelled at me! I tried…but he would not tell me what to make. I tried my best based on what he said…but…” Retsu almost sobbed.

“Retsu…calm yourself. Inuyasha has had a very….narrow pallet for most of his life…he very likely does not know anything beyond what he asked for. I do know he enjoyed your desert very much.” Sesshomaru said. It was silly but he did not like it when Retsu was so upset, the man was so honest and open that Sesshomaru could not help but care about the demon, he actually considered Retsu as something of a friend.

“Oh.” Was all the demon chef could say. “But how will I know what to prepare if he does not tell me?”

“Perhaps you could a small menu for him to choose from?” Sesshomaru suggested. To his amusement Retsu actually smacked himself upside the head.

“Ohhhh now why didn’t I think about that….yes I know just what to do.” Retsu said, sobering almost instantly. Such a strange man….

“Well I suggest you get started, as I will be awakening Inuyasha soon for breakfast.” Sesshomaru said. Retsu nodded excitedly before practically racing out the door almost forgetting to close it behind him.

“Well that was…different.” Sesshomaru muttered after the cook had left the room.

“I’ll say…” Sess-Youki added. Well now that that was settled then he could move on to awakening Inuyasha. But before he could rise yet another knock echoed out from his door. Now what?

“Enter…” Sesshomaru said, a small bit of impatience creeping into his tone. He couldn’t help but begin to drum his fingers against the armrest of his chair as Tural entered the room.

“Lord Sesshomaru.” Tural said as he bowed his head. “I have only come to report to you that the humans or someone claiming to be them, you asked us to watch for arrived early this morning. I escorted them to their rooms and had each of them assigned them an attendant. We were not totally sure of their identities so we have kept them in their rooms as a security measure.” So they were here now? Well….might as well…the sooner he took care of them the sooner he could have his baby brother all to his self.

“Thank you, please have them escorted to the dinning hall, I am sure they are who they are supposed to be, but if not…it shall be taken care of. Is there anything else I should know?” Sesshomaru inquired.

“Well…the miko is a bit disrespectful and annoying, though she seems like a sweet girl, it is almost as if she is out of place….like she belongs…else where. The slayer is a slayer and seems to understand where she is and how to act accordingly. The monk is quite the sweet talker, easy on the eyes too.” Tural said.

Yes…that certainly sounded like the rag-tag band.

“Taking an interest in the monk are we Tural?” Sesshomaru asked. He had grown up with Tural and had always loved making him squirm. The guard did just that as he answered.

“I’m sure I could have fun with him.” Tural responded with a near blushed.

“I’m sure you could, dismissed.” Sesshomaru chuckled. Tural bowed and then left the room. Sesshomaru almost got up…but decided to wait a few moments to see if someone else requested entry….when the next few minutes went by with nothing he got up and made his way to the door, swearing that if someone did knock…he would hit them with the door. Exiting his office he began to make his way down the halls, a little bit of bounce creeping into his step. Oddly enough he was actually somewhat excited to see his baby brother…was this how brothers were supposed to feel?

It was not long before he reached Inuyashas door, the guard he had stationed there moving aside without a word. Quietly Sesshomaru made his way into his little brothers chambers. Making his way to the bed Sesshomaru eased back on of the curtains and sat down on the edge of the bed. Looking down upon his sleeping brother Sesshomaru was a little surprised that once again, Inuyasha did not awaken at his approach. Perhaps that meant something?

A rumbling purr radiated inside of Sesshomaru’s chest as he watched Inuyasha chest rise and fall, Sesshomaru found himself enjoying the sounds of Inuyashas light breathing, the sound of his strong steady heartbeat. His baby brother was so precious…how…how had he not seen this before?

“Inuyasha. Inuyasha it is time to awaken.” Sesshomaru said softly. Inuyasha’s face scrunched up and he rolled over on his side. It was so cute… “Come now Inuyasha…I’ve allowed you to sleep much longer then I did.” Sesshomaru continued. Inuyasha pulled his legs in towards his chest, groaning loudly.

“Go ‘way….seeping….” Inuyasha muttered. A genuine smile spread across Sesshomaru’s lips. So. Very. Cute. Sliding up closer to Inuyasha Sesshomaru reached over to rest on finger on his baby brother’s nose, gently he began to swirl the tip of Inuyasha’s nose in a small circle.

“Wake up little brother….time to join me” Sesshomaru almost purred. Had someone suggested to him being in this situation before it happened he would have said he would be very annoyed, instead he found himself filled with a warm emotion that he had not felt before.

Could this be how an older brother felt?

Grunting Inuyasha reached up to swat Sesshomarus hand away. Undaunted Sesshomaru began to tease other body parts, first his feet, causing Inuyasha to pull his feet under the furs that covered him, and then he moved to pull lightly upon Inuyasha’s fingers, causing him to shove them under himself. Grinning Sesshomaru slid up the bed till his mouth was only mere centimeters away from Inuyasha’s ear.

“Wake up little brother.” Sesshomaru whispered into Inuyasha’s ear, the triangular flap of flesh twitching as his hot breath blew over it. “Awaken Inuyasha or I am afraid that you look so cute and yummy that I might just have to give into one of my Youki’s desires…” his threat only earned him yet another grunt. So he did just as he said he would, it was so hard to resist anyway. Slowly he ran his tongue up Inuyasha’s ear before nibbling lightly on the very tip. The effect was instantaneous as Inuyasha shot up into a sitting position with his hand clutching his recently molested ear.

“Ahhh! What?!….ear!!…fuck!!” Inuyasha shouted. Sitting up himself Sesshomaru had to chuckle…that had been worth this morning’s irritation.

“How eloquently put little brother.” Sesshomaru said softly. Whipping his head around to glare at him, still clutching his ear Inuyasha growled.

“What the fuck were you doing?!”

“Waking you.” Sesshomaru replied. “You refused to get up.”

“Ever think of just shaking me or something?” Inuyasha snapped.

“No. There would be a very good chance that you strike out at me besides I thought you would awaken as soon as you felt my presence.” Sesshomaru informed.

“I uh….that still no reason to mess with my ears!” Inuyasha fumbled.

“What’s done is done…” Sesshomaru said as he stood up. “Breakfast is soon and I took the liberty of having my tailors prepare you a set of clothing for today, it is only a rough estimate but I believe it will serve rather nicely.”

“Taking liberties with me again?” Inuyasha muttered as he too stood up next to Sesshomaru.

“Well I could allow you to roam the halls in my barrowed sleeping clothes or allow you to walk around naked.” Sesshomaru said.

“Oooh option two! Pick two! Come on two would be fantastic!” Sess-Youki gushed. Inuyasha snorted as he swatted at the purple material in front of him, knocking it out of his way as he stomped away from his bed. Sesshomaru followed, although not nearly as violent, and found himself Inuyasha with his arms crossed, his foot tapping slightly.

“Your group arrived…they shall be meeting us.” Sesshomaru informed. Maybe that should lighten Inuyashas mood. Was the hanyo always like this in the morning?

“They did huh? Well that’s good….” Inuyasha muttered. As he watched Inuyasha Sesshomaru was struck with the sudden urge to greet Inuyasha as a brother would…he found that he very much wanted to hold Inuyasha, if only for a few moments. Touch was such an important thing to Inu and after all the decades without Sesshomaru was starting to ache for it, the pulse in his body having grown strong with the neglect. Still…how would Inuyasha react if he did so?

Only one way to find out….

Slowly making his way up to his little brother Inuyasha turned to face him as he neared.

“Yeah? What?” Inuyasha said.

“Nothing…” Sesshomaru replied. The pull was so strong…it was amazing how much he had missed having family….just how had he ignored this feeling for so long? It hurt…

In one fluid movement Sesshomaru slid his hand along the back of Inuyasha’s head, his fingers intertwining in the soft hair, it felt a little coarse…Inuyasha needed a little grooming obviously. Before Inuyasha could protest Sesshomaru pulled him forward causing Inuyasha’s face to bury into his chest as Sesshomaru laid his chin down on top of Inuyasha’s head.

“Good morning little brother.” Sesshomaru whispered.

It felt nice…the heat from Inuyashas body and for a moment…just a moment Inuyasha’s hands gripped his sides and almost made the move to slip around him when Inuyasha seemed to jolt back into himself before he shoved at Sesshomaru pushing him away.

“What…what are you doing?” Inuyasha asking, his voice filled with a soft edge despite his attempts at anger.

“Greeting you…” Sesshomaru said softly. His insides had wrenched when Inuyasha pushed him away. It hurt…granted he knew why Inuyasha did it, but his body didn’t understand, all it knew was that his brother had rejected his greeting. Still…he had had a moment of warmth and that was enough.

For now.

“So what am I supposed to do while I wait for this supposed clothes?” Inuyasha asked obviously trying to change the subject.

“You could bath…your hair could stand a good treatment.” Sesshomaru recommended. Inuyasha scowled at him, the hanyo’s arms once again crossing in front of him. Inuyasha seemed to do that a lot…and Sesshomaru couldn’t help but wonder why.

“Yeah yeah…fine…” Inuyasha muttered as he began to walk towards his private bath.

“I will wait here for you clothing to arrive, as for the bath…just press the blue stone down little brother.” Sesshomaru said as Inuyasha closed the door behind him.

“I say we go take a bath with him.” Sess-Youki suggested.

“I say you shut up.” Sesshomaru fired back.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Stupid Sesshomaru fucking with his ears….and trying to hug him…make him feel all warm inside…asshole. Inuyasha was fuming as he entered ‘his’ bathroom. To his surprise the room was well lit despite the lack of windows, but honestly…he really needed to stop being surprised by all this weird shit. Cracking his neck he began to take in the room.

Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

The room was beautiful, intricate paintings of a mountainous scene was splashed across the walls, the bath itself was a rich white marble and rather large, there were four carved statues of Inu sitting down on each corner of the tub, each with a content expression on their face. The ceiling was painted to look like the afternoon sky and Inuyasha had to admit it was rather realistic. There were towels hanging on a set of dowels and a rich looking black robe hanging next to them. The bedroom was fancy…but this blew it away. A large mirror sat in one corner along with a stool and several different types of brushes. Slowly Inuyasha began to make his way towards the large tub, peering inside he spotted yet another scene painted on the bottom giving the illusion of the bottom of a lake, complete with little fish and other creatures. Inuyasha noticed a basket near the bath, what was that for? His clothes?

Still there wasn’t any water in the tub…didn’t someone have to heat water and bring it up to fill it up? Sesshomaru had said something about pressing a blue stone….what would that do? Call someone? Great more waiting…

Spotting a turquoise stone set in a little depression Inuyasha placed his hand upon it and pushed down. Slowly the stone sank and to his surprise four slots opened under each Inu and steaming water began to pour in. Inuyasha watched as the tub began to fill up; he had never seen anything like this. Just as Inuyasha started to wonder how he would stop the water and keep the tub from overflowing the stone he had pressed popped back up and when it did the little slots closed. Looking down at the pool of steaming water Inuyasha was slightly puzzled, he knew Kagome’s time had things like this….but this had to be different…so how did it work?

Shrugging Inuyasha slipped out of his light sleeping clothes, he wasn’t going to figure it out right now so why bother thinking about it.

Slipping down into the hot steamy water Inuyasha let out a pent of groan of pleasure as his body settled into a nice comfy depression right under one of the Inu statues. Oh that felt good…oh his back as loving this. First the bed now this…he was dangerously close to becoming spoiled.

“Just think of it as a hot spring…nothing more, can’t miss a hot spring…there are plenty.” Inuyasha thought.

“Your still going with that -don’t enjoy this- crap aren’t you?” Inu-Youki muttered.

“Its better then being all forlorn once Sesshomaru gives me the boot.” Inuyasha growled. And he would…it was just a matter of time but Sesshomaru was acting very strangely…Inuyasha did not want to read to much into it however, it was probably better off being left alone. Allowing himself to submerge completely Inuyasha then resurfaced in the center of the bath. The thing was huge! He could practically swim in it….

Spotting several bottles in a small rack over to the side of the tub Inuyasha made his way over to it, enjoying the feel of the water gliding around his flesh. Each bottle held a different color liquid and each on smelled so very good….there was a symbol caved over each row of bottles, on was a head of hair; one was a body and a few others. Interesting way to label but it was helpful. Sighing pleasantly Inuyasha caught a hold of a green bottle and began working the contents into his hair. It smelled rather nice actually….

As he continued to wash himself Inuyasha’s thoughts drifted to the days events. Could this Daigon really tell him what was going on? He certainly hoped so…yet in a way he was afraid to find out, what if Sesshomaru was wrong? What if his body was not maturing but giving out on him instead…How long did hanyo live anyway? He had always figured that he would have a lifespan comparable to a full blood but the simple truth was…he didn’t know. Oh he was sure he could have asked Myoga at any time he wanted but he didn’t want to know if he was only going to get 250-300 years…What if he asked…and the flea told him he only had ten or twenty years left? He shivered slightly at that thought; it was just easier to think that he would live as long as Sesshomaru would. Though that would figure wouldn’t it? Hundreds of years of pain, suffering and loneliness only to drop now….ugh…

Shaking his head to clear the dark thoughts Inuyasha dunked his head back into the water to rinse his hair. Think positive…a few of the changes in him seemed to be good, he had become bigger and stronger, and his speed and senses had increased…surely that had to mean something good right?

A cold pulse creped into his chest.

…It had to be good….right?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sesshomaru traced his fingers along the carvings in the wall, the scenes were different but no less detailed then in his room. He hoped that Inuyashas clothing would arrive soon, he was unsure of what to do to fill the time, he was feeling the pull to go to his baby brother so very hard now, so at least if he had Inuyashas clothing he would have an excuse to go to him.

He wanted….he wanted….

Well he wasn’t sure just what he wanted…but how he ached for it. He did want his brother accept his greeting and greet him in return. It had hurt to be shove d away like that….and it was still hurting. How could such a little thing, Inuyashas rejection, pain him so?

A knock at the door drew Sesshomarus attention, opening the door Sesshomaru was pleased to see a servant with Inuyasha’s new clothing folded in her arms. Taking the garments from her Sesshomaru thanked her and then dismissed her before shutting the door to his brother’s chambers. At least now he could pass some time with Inuyasha. Making his way into Inuyasha’s bath chamber Sesshomaru’s old habit of entering family rooms unannounced had returned. Gently closing the door behind him Sesshomaru raised his eyes from the door only to be met with the sight of Inuyasha’s wet, dripping well muscled back. Sesshomaru breath caught in his throat as his eyes began to drink up the sight before him. As he watched the little water droplets slide there way down Inuyasha’s body he was struck with the thought that he too would like to travel such pathways.

Only with this tongue.

Sesshomaru’s previously dry mouth began to fill with saliva as his eyes finally settled on Inuyasha’s tight little bottom. It looked smooth as silk and flexed as Inuyasha continued to dry his front apparently oblivious to demon gazing upon him from behind.

If Sesshomaru had the time he would have realized that several times over the last few days Inuyasha had failed to notice his presence on several occasions.

He was just a little too busy with other things to realize this however…

“Ooooh go get him! For the love of all that is good and holy…pounce man! Pounce!” Sess-Youki demanded. Gnawing gently upon his bottom lip Sesshomaru nearly groaned as his long neglected manhood thickened slightly.

And then Inuyasha turned around.

Oh my…

Sesshomaru had to clamp his teeth together so tight he was surprised he didn’t break a tooth, to keep from moaning as Inuyasha’s sex came into view, thick and partially erect from his drying. A shuddering pulse rippled though Sesshomaru’s chest, stomach and groin.

Inuyasha’s hair was still wet and hung down, splaying across his shoulders and chest. Had Sesshomaru ever seen such an erotic sight before?

In one fluid move Inuyasha pushed the bangs that covered his eyes away, golden orbs that for a moment were warm and soft, eyes that made Sesshomaru’s insides tighten and his blood turn hot. But then Inuyasha noticed just who was in front of him.

“Sesshomaru!” Inuyasha shouted as his hands dropped to cover himself. “The hell are you doing?” Swallowing thickly Sesshomaru held the new garments up for Inuyasha to see, however he was unable to keep the breathy, hungry tone out of his voice as he spoke.

“You’re…your clothing.”

Growling Inuyasha wrapped himself up in the towel he had been using to dry himself, depriving Sesshomaru from seeing that oh-so-beautiful flesh, before stomping over and swiping the garments form Sesshomarus hands.

“Well…knock or something ok?!” Inuyasha spat. Ducking around the only corner available to him the hanyo disappeared, leaving Sesshomaru in the tiny hallway that led to the bath, although the Lord of the West could no longer see Inuyasha, he could still hear the tell tale sound of his brother dressing….and he could still smell him….

Oh lord could he smell him.

“I can’t believe your letting a chance like this slip away!? Inuyasha! Naked! Naked Inuyasha! Must I spell everything out for you?! G-O G-E-T H-I-M!” Sess-Youki complained. Storming back around the corner Inuyasha stopped a few feet away from Sesshomaru.

“Well?!” Inuyasha half shouted, throwing his arms out at his sides. “Are we going?” Well it seemed angry Inuyasha had decided to make an appearance.

“No.” Sesshomaru said as he stepped in closer to Inuyasha. “Your hair.” Inuyasha tilted his head back to stare back up at Sesshomaru defiantly. Oh little hanyo….this has nothing to do with intimidation…

“What about it?” Inuyasha snapped.

“It needs to be patted dry and properly brushed.” Sesshomaru responded, he was close enough now that he could feel the heat coming off of Inuyashas body.

“Why? I’ve never done that before, I just like it air dry anyway.” Inuyasha said. Sesshomaru took another half-step forward, leaning his face down close to Inuyashas.

“Because you are Inu and we need to be groomed.” Sesshomaru purred as he let his fingers curl around the wet strands of Inuyashas bangs. “You will find that you can spend hours with a brush running though your hair…and you will love every moment of it…trust me.” Sesshomaru had such a strong urge to nuzzle his face against Inuyashas. Why did he have to resist?…Gods why couldn’t they just be how they were supposed to? Why did he have to cause them so much damage?

“It…that would take to long..” Inuyasha fumbled his voice catching slightly. Inuyasha’s thick rich scent continued to curl up Sesshomaru’s nose, causing things low in him to pulse, causing his heart to call out within his chest.

“We come at our leisure, which is an advantage of being who we are.” Sesshomaru said.

“I…I don’t know how…” Inuyasha stated.

“Then I offer my services little brother…” Sesshomaru whispered. Maybe it was the his confusion, or maybe it was the sensual way Sesshomaru said what he did, but Inuyasha took a step back but Sesshomaru matched him that step, taking another one forward.

“Why are you acting like this Sesshomaru? I don’t understand…what…what do you want from me?” Inuyasha said.

“Want? At the moment…that is a difficult question, I am however offering to brush your hair for you.” Sesshomaru said. That would be good and it could gain him much, on one hand he could touch his baby brother and thus appease his instincts, performing a service upon Inuyasha could please the boy and soften him a bit more and most importantly it could give him time to center himself. Placing his hand upon Inuyashas chest, Sesshomaru gently pushed him back before forcing the hanyo to turn and then easing him onto a stool in front of the large mirror.

“Hey! You don’t have to be so pushy…” Inuyasha snarled. Rolling his eyes Sesshomaru reached for the rack of brushes, dozens of them sat in their own little slots, large ones and small ones, brushes with large wide spaced teeth and combs with small spaced fine little teeth. Catching a hold of the first, and largest he turned to look at his baby brother’s eyes in the mirror.

“This will most likely be uncomfortable at first….” Sesshomaru warned. Indeed Inuyasha’s hair was full of knots…had the boy never brushed his hair before? Rather then waiting for Inuyasha to say anything Sesshomaru began to slide the brush though Inuyasha’s hair which proceeded to catch on the knots as he forced them out of Inuyasha’s hair, which also had predictable results on the hanyo….

“Ow! Fucker! Ah! AH!….Your ripping my hair out shitface! OOOWW! You said brush not -OW!- torture! Damn it! OOOOW!” Inuyasha raged. Yet despite all the yelling, Inuyasha made no attempts to get away…a good sign perhaps?

“It is not this Sesshomarus fault if your hair is one massive knot, hold still, this will be finished soon and I can move on to the next step.” Sesshomaru said as he continued to slip the brush though Inuyashas hair, he was actually trying his best to be gentle…

“Next step? OWW! You’ve been over that spot five fucking OOOWW! Times! What next step?!” Inuyasha grumbled. Sesshomaru had to smirk, ah yes…Inuyasha had never been primped had he?

“I have at least five more brushes and three combs to go through before I am finished little brother. But fear not…it will get more pleasant from here.” Sesshomaru informed.

“Eight?! You have to be shitting me-OW! Just watch the ears! What the hell do you need so many for?” Inuyasha asked.

“One is for knots, one is for smaller tangles, then to straighten, to further clean dirt and debris out and so on and so forth.” Sesshomaru answered. Confident he had removed all of the major knots the older Inu replaced the large brush and moved on to the next one. He actually found himself starting to enjoy this despite the hanyo’s complaints. Then he had a thought…could this be a good time? Could they talk as brothers again? He had needed last night…and enjoyed it despite the heaviness of the subject matter…still to open up to Inuyasha like that…it felt like a large chuck of the weight that was crushing his heart had dissipated. The next few minutes passed in silence, Sesshomaru meticulously brushing each section of his little brother’s hair and Inuyasha slowly starting to relax under his older brother’s attentions. Switching over to a new brush Sesshomaru grinned inwardly, this was going to take at least a half hour….looks like the humans would be waiting then…for some reason that amused him.

“Did you sleep well?” Sesshomaru asked breaking the silence, maybe light conversation would be best…not everything had to be quite so dramatic.

“Yes…my back certainly enjoyed it.” Inuyasha mumbled.

“I’m glad…” Sesshomaru whispered as he switched to another brush, the bristles now gliding smoothly though Inuyashas sliver mane.

“Can’t help but wonder why everything…is so damn big…bed is huge…rooms are huge….tub is almost a pool…” Inuyasha said his voice starting to lull.

“Father had this idea of the room growing with you…there is no telling how much a child will grow and after putting so much effort into it I think he wanted it to last.” Sesshomaru said. “Either that or he wasn’t skilled enough to make anything smaller.” Inuyasha made a small noise in his throat but otherwise remained silent. Watching Inuyasha in the mirror Sesshomaru smirked as he noticed the hanyo’s eyes had fallen shut. Sesshomaru couldn’t blame him, he had loved when Father would brush his hair….and Father could be so very fussy about hair…hours could be spent doing so if Inu-Taisho was in the right mood. Switching over to the first of the combs Sesshomaru marveled at how much longer Inuyashas hair actually was when it was brushed out straight. A good five or six inches suddenly seemed added to the hanyo’s head. Still…this was not having the calming effect he had hoped it would have on him, if anything he wanted to throw the comb to the side and run his fingers though all that rich silver hair.

Damn.

Well…maybe he could…a little later.

Moving through the last two combs Sesshomaru technically was finished but he spotted one last brush on the end and could not hold back a toothy grin. It was the brush Father designed. Whereas the others had specific purposes this one was more for pleasure…it gently pulled the hair and massaged the scalp. Not being able to resist seeing how Inuyasha would react Sesshomaru slid his hand around its handle and began to work it into Inuyasha’s hair.

The effect was almost instantaneous. Inuyasha let out a small moan and his body began to move in tune to Sesshomaru’s brushing. Sesshomaru fought the urge to chuckle as he watched Inuyashas ears start to twitch each time the brush neared them.

So cute.

Slowly a little rumble began to echo from Inuyashas chest and Sesshomaru did chuckle then. His baby brother was purring…

“Does little brother like that?” Sesshomaru asked teasingly.

“Mmmhmmm.” Inuyasha moaned.

So Sesshomaru continued, he wondered if Inuyasha realized the content noise that he was making. Sesshomaru himself felt a warm rush within his chest, Inuyasha might have rejected his greeting but baby brother was enjoying this.

And for that Sesshomaru was glad.

Nearly forty five minutes since they had begun Sesshomaru reluctantly pulled always, placing the brush back into its slot.

“We are finished Inuyasha.” He said. As if awakening from a dream Inuyasha opened his eyes, taking a minute to remember where he was and what had happened before stood up. Inuyasha stood in front of the mirror for a few minutes…just running his fingers through his hair. Sesshomaru wasn’t used to Inuyasha being so silent. Was something wrong???

Slowly his little brother turned to face him and Sesshomaru did gasp them.

Beautiful….

Inuyasha was so beautiful.

The hanyo’s hair glittered in the light, clean and pure, falling about Inuyasha like a sheet of liquid mercury. Inuyasha’s eyes were warm and soft once more.

“No one has ever done that for me before.” Inuyasha stated sounding a little hazy. Sesshomaru could not believe how ethereal his baby brother looked at that moment. The clothing he had requisitioned for Inuyasha was based off of the same design that his Fire-rat robes were. Sesshomaru had thought Inuyasha would be more comfortable if they were at least slightly familiar. They were a deeper red then Inuyasha’s old ones and right above Inuyashas heart, stitched in a deep black, was their family symbol.

Never before had Sesshomaru gazed upon such beauty. How had he ignored this for so long?

“Please go get him! I’m begging you….I know I’ve been a pain in the ass. I know I’ve kept us from enjoying any carnal pleasures but I’ll be good! I promise! Just please, please kiss that boy! PLEEEEEEAAASSSSEEEE!!!! Sess-Youki begged.

Could he resist?

Was he strong enough?

Dare he resist?

No.

Gliding towards Inuyasha Sesshomaru cupped his little brother’s face, his hand sliding along Inuyashas cheek bone and into his hair. Slowly Sesshomaru dipped his face down towards the beautiful, wonderful smelling creature.

“Sess-Sesshomaru…I…feel weird…I…can’t think…” Inuyasha muttered.

“The do not bother thinking little brother.” Sesshomaru said.

And then his lips met Inuyashas.

Sesshomaru groaned into Inuyashas mouth as the hanyo’s hands caught hold of his hips and pulled him in tight to his own body.

And then they tasted each other like sampling a fine wine, slowly at first, before delving into the sweet pleasure of each others mouth.

And then for a moment, if only for a moment.

All was right in the world.


To be continued.


Holy ever loving crap!! Well Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone. Hope you all had a nice set of holidays, mine were pretty good. I tried to get this done before Christmas, because I wanted to give it to you all as a Christmas present from me to all of my wonderful, wonderful readers. But…it proved difficult. I had a lot more in mind for this chapter but I was dying to post it and also I wanted to end it on a warm fluffy note.

Still at 521 KB and 127 pages….its worth the wait eh? Chapter 13 was the longest thing I have ever written and this dwarfs it haha.

twistedhilarity: Don’t you just hate that blue bar? I know I do. When I was thinking of the OC’s it was more of a desire to have something more then “Guard number one.” Plus I’ve read Inu going to Sess’s castle dozens of times, but he never seems to develop much of a relationship with anyone in the castle other then Sess, so that was and is my goal. As for Jaken I just figured if there was anyone who wouldn’t shut their mouth and blur out a bunch of info….it would be Jaken. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Snowfall: I love Daigon too, cute little healer he is. You like Atrius and Imalia? I was nervous as to how everyone would react to them and about Garith and Garan…well maybe they will get theirs, or maybe they really are not the bad guys. Something to think about XD. It’s not so much that Sesshomaru has gotten lazy; it’s just that there is a bit of political upheaval going on at the moment. Sess is still very much in charge, Garan is just stupid…and as for Sess sending Imalia to watch out for Inu, that was more of a test, plus if Inu got pissed and took her out, well Sess’s hands are clean, after all he did warn her. Garith getting beat wasn’t totally all bad for moral, not everyone liked him, and it’s a complicated issue. I tried to get deeper into it in this chapter. I’m a big fan of your work as well.

LadySess: I know this chapter took a while to get there but I hope you enjoy it. I wanted Inu to come in with a bang and I had some characters I wanted introduced so I did haha. Well Kagome and the others just got there so we will see what happens eh?

wolfluv: Ugh don’t remind me, someone screwed up so we had HUNDREDS of turkeys all through Christmas too….I’m trying move the story along nice and easy, I’m not in any real hurry and yes I’m happy that my Dad is ok too, he seems to have healed up pretty nicely.

Ethereal Siren: Sesshomaru has dug himself into a real hole and it might not be so easy to get out of. But….well a lot of that hinges on Inuyasha himself. I wanted to add so political stuff because it seems like a little too often things seem to run way to smoothly in Sesshomaru’s lands. You have to have a little strife right? I see Imalia as a wild card, she really could go any which way.

wbk: Normally Sesshomaru probably would have iced Garan, but Garith is an old friend and I can picture Sesshomaru granting a favor based on that. I like the Youki voices too, but sometimes its hard to work them into the natural flow of the story, it’s the easiest when it’s just Inu or Sess by themselves, or together at the most. Imalia just came out of nowhere in my mind but I wanted her to be a woman; I’m not sure why….it just felt right.

gen50: Yeah sometimes when I write I have to go back and read again just so I can remember where I am. I’m glad Atrius and Imalia seem to be liked, I was worried about that. Inu-Youki and Sess-Youki will be in the story for a long time so if you like them you’ll be seeing them.

Hyperactive pup: Back again and kicking ass again pup.

ladytokyo: Inu doesn’t know a whole lot of things, which will both help and hinder Sesshomaru. Garan is an idiot; the sad thing is I know a lot of guys like him. Atrius? I don’t think it’s from a myth; I just like the sound of it. For some reason I picture Imalia being from way out in the desert so it’ll take some adjusting for her. Still…never know what she might be up to. I’m sure Inuyasha and Imalia will come to a head, Inu has that effect on people.

midnight whispers: I just thought it would be funny, Shippo going off on Inu’s behalf. I have some plans for Atrius so you’ll being seeing more of him. I’ve been getting a little deep with Sesshomaru so I hope everyone will like that. I’m trying to really break him down and show how hard he is trying to pull everything together.

Bibi11: Yes poor Sessy is very love sick and both the Inu boys are a little off kilter. Inu does know how to get to Sess and does enjoy doing it, like any little brother. Inuyasha has a lot and I do mean a lot of anger inside of him and it is something Sesshomaru is not going to have an easy time with. Daigon is coming up and has a nice little role to play if everything goes according to my half ass plan. Oh and yes I will be explaining just why Inu is feeling like he is now that he is home. Gonna have to wait and see.

Faery Goddyss: Admittedly Chapter one of this was something of a rant, but it has become so much more. I don’t mind Kagome all that much I am just trying to show Inuyasha from my point of view. Far too many times in FF and the actual manga I see Inuyasha get abused and just take it and take it and take it. As for Inuyasha freaking out of her…well what else could he do? What would you do? When you’re practically as slave and your being injured due to the whims of another a lot of aggression can and will build up inside of you.

diobeckstead: Glad you like it, I work pretty hard on it and I try to do well. Thank you for reading, it really means a lot to me.